All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Sylphid said:

So I was trying to pull Karel or Ninian... Got my increased rates eaten by Ephraim. Don't have enough orbs to try again so I'll just hope I can pull them later. I seem to have a thing for pulling characters late anyways.

I'm just going to say that Olivia is servicable as the token red teammate to bait and chip greens if you need one and don't want to have 2 reds. She's obviously not the best, but she can bait Hector and Camilla and not die, which the rest of my team can't brag about.

Knock Back should be unequipped though, it can at worst get her killed and the niche uses you could find from it are hardly worth the trouble.

Both observations are of course biased and someone else with different team or boon/bane on their Olivia might disagree.

Main problem with needing Olivia to help chip greens is that there's a DAMN lot of good reds available, so it's not exactly a vital niche.

She's still an excellent unit, simply because of the fact that dance basically turns your team from 4 units to 3x2 units, since the most relevant unit in one particular arena match gets to go twice, but Azura far outclasses her because 1, she's far better at killing reds than Olivia is at killing greens (though I expect Ruby+ inheritance would fix that), and 2, she has less competition in her color (there are less amazing blues than amazing reds, and Azura happens to be the most amazing blue anyway).

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wow this banner is a troll.

Rolling for skill fodder (Since I'm collecting characters. I only want to merge/sacrifice dups)

And I get this.

My precious! :(

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Main problem with needing Olivia to help chip greens is that there's a DAMN lot of good reds available, so it's not exactly a vital niche.

She's still an excellent unit, simply because of the fact that dance basically turns your team from 4 units to 3x2 units, since the most relevant unit in one particular arena match gets to go twice, but Azura far outclasses her because 1, she's far better at killing reds than Olivia is at killing greens (though I expect Ruby+ inheritance would fix that), and 2, she has less competition in her color (there are less amazing blues than amazing reds, and Azura happens to be the most amazing blue anyway).

I fully agree on both points. My only point was that if you're using Olivia as your dancer anyways, you don't have to include another red unit to counter greens, since having two reds isn't exactly optimal.

EDIT: this of course being before skill inheritance went live. Any bets are off now

Edited by Sylphid

7 hours ago, pianime94 said:

You can get 2 free Felicia from the Heroes battle.

Also, I'd want to kill my past self too if I had that kind of period.

That's the thing. I had a 4 star Felicia at the time that needed SP.

I already used that resource.

Oh well, Ninian can make do without Breath of Life.

9 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wow this banner is a troll.

Rolling for skill fodder (Since I'm collecting characters. I only want to merge/sacrifice dups)

And I get this.

Or you know, you secretly had another sacrifice circle for Priscilla?

9 hours ago, pianime94 said:

You can get 2 free Felicia from the Heroes battle.

Also, I'd want to kill my past self too if I had that kind of period.

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

Or you know, you secretly had another sacrifice circle for Priscilla?

Apparently...

Looking for a 3 star...

Gets you 3, 5 stars.

During the time I was looking for Felicia... I got Ephraim, Pieri, and Priscilla.

Edited by shadowofchaos

19 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Apparently...

Looking for a 3 star...

Gets you 3, 5 stars.

During the time I was looking for Felicia... I got Ephraim, Pieri, and Priscilla.

Damn it Rey! First sacrifice circles, then reverse psychology, what next?
(Seriously, we need to start a list of ridiculous ways Rey can get guaranteed 5 star units)

Well I accidentally got Karel yesterday haha. Like I really accidentally clicked on the red, when I wanted the blue..I really hope that wasn't something good in the blue. But he is 5 stars, so that's cool. Now I have Jaffar and Karel, one step closer to getting all the focus characters lol. 

14 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Well I accidentally got Karel yesterday haha. Like I really accidentally clicked on the red, when I wanted the blue..I really hope that wasn't something good in the blue. But he is 5 stars, so that's cool. Now I have Jaffar and Karel, one step closer to getting all the focus characters lol. 

You have the only two that I really want from this focus. I'm hoping they become four star (or heck, even three star) units in the future so I can grab more easily :D I suspect if any are going to remain at 5*, it'd be Ninian since she's the most popular. Good luck on getting the rest ^.^