All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"hey maybe i should use those 20 free orbs to give the game one last shot, after dropping it upon wasting 140 orbs on zero five-star units during the second banner, and being totally carried by the single five-star i rerolled for"

and then i only got (bad) 3-4 star units i already had, not even a new bad character

time to fall back to the sidelines forever, i would rather play bsfe again

Edited by Iridium

Huh; got Rebecca as a 5 star! I mean, I'm not too fond of her art, but I like her voice! It's southern, yet not too stereotypical sounding to whatever level Donnel is at.

Also, she suggested I could use my summoning gun to shoot down geese. We got a Duck Hunt reference, folks.

1 minute ago, tailfin said:

No wonder Karel looks so good. He was drawn by Senri Kita... Now I want to pull for him. xD And Rebecca looks super weird.

her injured portrait looks pretty good though

7 minutes ago, Iridium said:

"hey maybe i should use those 20 free orbs to give the game one last shot, after dropping it upon wasting 140 orbs on zero five-star units during the second banner, and being totally carried by the single five-star i rerolled for"

and then i only got (bad) 3-4 star units i already had, not even a new bad character

time to fall back to the sidelines forever, i would rather play bsfe again

I just got a bunch of 3-4* units.  However, 6 out of 10 had good boon/bane combos, so I count that as a win.

4 minutes ago, tailfin said:

No wonder Karel looks so good. He was drawn by Senri Kita... Now I want to pull for him. xD And Rebecca looks super weird.

I was wondering why he looked so radiant. Now it dawned on me.

*walks off silently*

Mainly tried for colorless BECAUSE LUCIUS and blue because I really want a dancer even though Ninian isn't exactly my fave haha.

Aaand I didn't pull anything valuable. The best I got was a 4* Matthew.

O-okay... there goes the free 20 orbs Team Lucina won for us...

Good luck to everyone else!

Got my 5* Jaffar! Super sweet! I really like his new look and voice. I just need my dancer! Wish me luck haha. I want all the FE7 characters, but I'm focusing on them, as my main wants. 

It sucks though, so far all my 5*'s are swords and one dagger (Jaffar). XD Oh well, guess I'm only 5k in feathers away from getting enough to 5 star something.

So excited for this pack, and the short story quest with it was super nice too.

It's funny that shadowofchaos was talking about how Ninian being added pulled him out of playing Idolm@ster while he waited for new characters and Ninian's Japanese voice actress is actually one of the Idolm@ster girls.

Only pulled blue today, but I did manage to grab a 5* Ninian! :D I still have 40-odd Orbs, but there's nothing else in this banner that interests me much, so I guess I'll save up for the next one. Maybe we'll get some more surprise mid-season banners.

Karel's Wu Dao is pretty damn good, loses 2 damage from Silver Sword+ but does 10 extra when a special skill activates. If it's inheritable it's amazing for anyone who doesn't have a unique weapon already. *Cough* Selena *Cough*

Welp, new characters look pretty awesome. A dancer that is tanky and has Escape Route - check. Mounted healer with Rehabilitate - check. A dagger user that doubles anyone and has Glimmer - check. A mage-tank on par with Felicia that also has Pain and Martyr - check. Explosive below 50% HP swordmaster - check. The only one I can't really say anything about is Rebecca (because I don't know anything).

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Karel's Wu Dao is pretty damn good, loses 2 damage from Silver Sword+ but does 10 extra when a special skill activates. If it's inheritable it's amazing for anyone who doesn't have a unique weapon already. *Cough* Selena *Cough*

Wo Dao is amazing for anyone with short charge special. Like Karel himself or Lon'qu. Also Selena lacks a special to proc Wo Dao in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Welp, new characters look pretty awesome. A dancer that is tanky and has Escape Route - check. Mounted healer with Rehabilitate - check. A dagger user that doubles anyone and has Glimmer - check. A mage-tank on par with Felicia that also has Pain and Martyr - check. Explosive below 50% HP swordmaster - check. The only one I can't really say anything about is Rebecca (because I don't know anything).

Wo Dao is amazing for anyone with short charge special. Like Karel himself or Lon'qu. Also Selena lacks a special to proc Wo Dao in the first place.

I'm assuming specials can be passed down, because inheritance makes literally 0 sense otherwise. (Else only NPC Selenas have specials, and that's just a waste of a special attack image). Selena happens to have the combo of good speed + good bulk that let's her abuse low cd specials by getting into a lot of fights without needing babying.

All dragon teams may be a thing:

Ninian (Blue dragonbreath unit + Dancer + Fortify Dragons)

Dragon Scion Tiki (Red dragonbreath unit + part-time healer)

Fae (Green dragonbreath unit + Draw Back utility + Tank)

And your choice of:

Nowi

Naga's Voice Tiki

Fateful Princess Corrin

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

All dragon teams may be a thing:

Ninian (Blue dragonbreath unit + Dancer + Fortify Dragons)

Dragon Scion Tiki (Red dragonbreath unit + part-time healer)

Fae (Green dragonbreath unit + Draw Back utility + Tank)

And your choice of:

Nowi

Naga's Voice Tiki

I doubt anyone would really try it, because Falchion users and ESPECIALLY Julia will wreck them hard. Maybe all-dragon teams will be good for the tower or GHB's, but not the arena.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm assuming specials can be passed down, because inheritance makes literally 0 sense otherwise. (Else only NPC Selenas have specials, and that's just a waste of a special attack image). Selena happens to have the combo of good speed + good bulk that let's her abuse low cd specials by getting into a lot of fights without needing babying.

Yeah, I'm sure specials will be passable. I'm not so sure about weapons being passable though.

Just now, Kruggov said:

Yeah, I'm sure specials will be passable. I'm not so sure about weapons being passable though.

Yeah, that's the part I'm worried about. Selena's stat distribution is insane (compared to Lyn, for example, she actually has more bulk AND more attack despite having a good speed), but her weapon lets her down.

9 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

The fact that Falchion was specifically called out as a character-specific skill that cannot be transferred implies that weapons are normally going to be transferable.

Wow... Karel is averaging 43 ATK according to the Wiki at Lvl 40. Add in his +10 Attack + his special and you've got a real sword demon. And he's got Defiant Attack and Desperation...

I guess this is IS' apology for making him a rather mediocre unit in Blazing Blade. xD

Edited by tailfin

I end tonight's pull fest $225 lighter in the wallet, but with 3 Lucius, 1 Ninian, 1 Priscilla, and 1 Rebecca (and 1 Kagero, 1 Hinoka, and 1 Jeorge). I'd pull more, but I need to be at work in 5 hours and my barracks is full with no option to expand it further (497/500, expansion limit is 500). I'll start the wood chipper back up sometime tomorrow to clear up some space. I should probably merge all of the 5-star characters I have with poor natures to make room, as well. Then we'll see if I can pull a Jaffar and Karel. And maybe a few more of Ninian.

So I don't know why the game seems to think I need this many of Lucius. I know he's cute and all and his voice (JP) is really, really cute (though perhaps a bit too high pitched compared to his appearance), but...

Ninian is everything I could have asked for and more, other than the -Atk roll. This game seriously has something against me, considering my Olwen, Eldigan, and both of my Klein were all -Atk. I've fawned over Ninian enough today, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Priscilla's cute. I think her breasts got bigger since the last time I saw them her.

Rebecca's art really isn't bad if you can get over the really, really, really shiny shoujo eyes. She's also the only character whose art isn't done by Yamada Akihiro who has a completely different art for her special attack art, so that's a nice touch. Her damaged art is also really nice. The wincing eyes tone down the shoujo glow in her open eye, and her bandanna and braids coming out is a nice touch. And she looks really nice with her hair down.

With the exception of Lucius's voice being maybe a tad too high, I think these four are spot on with their voice work.

Whoever it was who joked about Priscilla pulling out a lance earlier... the way she holds her staff in her attacking art... It really looks like she wants to impale someone on that thing.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whoever it was who joked about Priscilla pulling out a lance earlier... the way she holds her staff in her attacking art... It really looks like she wants to impale someone on that thing.

It was me, and I based my joke exactly on that stance of hers.

1 hour ago, tailfin said:

Wow... Karel is averaging 43 ATK according to the Wiki at Lvl 40. Add in his +10 Attack + his special and you've got a real sword demon. And he's got Defiant Attack and Desperation...

I guess this is IS' apology for making him a rather mediocre unit in Blazing Blade. xD

As I said - he is absolutely explosive below 50%, between Reprisal, Defiant Atk and Desperation

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

I am so happy that Ninian has Fortify Dragon, since I was already running Y!Tiki and Nowi in my main team. Having an exclusive fortify for myself is simply amazing.

Pray the gods you never run into Julia)