All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

Just got off work and saw this. Going unit by unit...

Lucius... I see he's going with the Bishop look. Good to see another Light magic user. I won't look for him this focus, but I'll be happy when I get him while pulling for someone else down the line.

Priscilla... My default healer from the second I got her in every FE7 run. Not gonna go searching for her, but she's be a pleasant surprise if I happened upon her during this focus.

Rebecca... My archer until Louise and Pent joined up in my first FE7 run. I'll wait for the focus to end to go looking for her, but I'll be happy if I happen to pull her while pulling colorless orbs.

Jaffar... Needs to have a Hone skill to work with Nino (though if he doesn't, Inherit Skill will be used to fix that) and a Poison Dagger. Those are my only requirements. I missed you buddy. You will be why I pull colorless when I get Ninian.

Karel... I was wondering which Karel they were gonna go with, and they went with FE7 Karel. I like this, partially because he replaced my dead Guy on my first playthrough, partially because I thought he was really cool with his crit animation that I didn't know was just a general sword master crit when I was a kid... That feels like such a long time ago. Damn, I feel old now. Not gonna actively pull for Karel this focus (I have Hana for my myrmidoning needs, and Roy/Marth/Lyn/Eirika for other sword-related needs), but I'm sure that when the CYL focus comes I'll get at least one of him instead of Ike/Roy/Lyn/Lucina (whichever of those end up being Reds). Wonder if he'll have the Wo Dao, or just a Killing Edge... I'd bet on Killing Edge, but wouldn't it be cool if he had a Wo Dao instead?

Ninian... Y'know, I didn't care for Ninian during my first FE7 run, but she grew on me as I kept playing. Glad to see she's here. And as a dancing dragon too. Awesome. Only gonna summon from Green until I pull her.

Kinda disappointed in the lack of Sain and/or Kent in this Blazing Sword focus, but everything else about it is great!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the first time I blow lots of money on orbs to summon a newly released character. I love Ninian and Nils. I hope she's blue so I can use her as a dancer and dragon tank(?) hehe

If I don't get her, I'll still be happy with Lucius/Jaffar if I get them.

I'm super conflicted right now because I really wanted to keep pulling on the Battling Ursula banner till I got a 5* Nino, but then I won't have any orbs for Ninian and Jaffar ;___; (I'll pull for Lucius too if he's a tome user, but he probably wouldn't see much use on my team as a healer)

Dragon dancer incoming aw yeah (wtf is this "manakete" bs?). Hope she's green so I can ignore blues, I'm over saturated with them.

I want more from this focus than any other, I think. Priscilla, Ninian, Rebecca, and Jaffar.

Ooh, great to see some more FE7 characters!

Ninian's never been my favorite but it would be great to finally have a dancer unit in my army and, well, I'm going to go for Lucius too just because he's awesome tbh.

Priscilla and Rebecca  are two of my favourite characters in any FE (Archers and Troubadours being my 1st and 2nd preferred units) . I'm gonna try hard to get them.

So I'm happy with the bored-face chiefdaughter, nevertheless this would have been the perfect time to introduce Rath to Heroes, as we're still missing a mounted archer.

But with that, we got a fair share of Blazings cast. Still hoping for Canas, Wisdomseeker, Dragonslayer, Member of Two-Scholar Army and simply the greatest dude on a battlefield.

Edited by M.T. Cicero

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Dragon dancer incoming aw yeah (wtf is this "manakete" bs?). Hope she's green so I can ignore blues, I'm over saturated with them.

I want more from this focus than any other, I think. Priscilla, Ninian, Rebecca, and Jaffar.

I mean, she IS part dragon and transforms into one in a world where the term "manakete" is a thing. So yeah, that is that manakete "bs". :P

5 minutes ago, Dolce said:

Ooh, great to see some more FE7 characters!

Ninian's never been my favorite but it would be great to finally have a dancer unit in my army and, well, I'm going to go for Lucius too just because he's awesome tbh.

:wub:

Here's to hoping that we'll be able to pull lovely Lucius! Have to go with you on Ninian haha. I never really needed a dancer on my first playthrough of FE7, so I could care less if I don't get her, but if I do, then good stuff! But i'm not as hyped with her as I am with Lucius, who looks so beautiful in this game btw (kudos to the artist!). I wonder who will his VA be and how will he sound like. :huh: 

Yaaaaaaas. Lucius is definitely in my top 10 most wanted units. (Kind of hoping he's more of a hybrid staff/light magic users and not just a staff user. I'd prefer only magic to only staff myself... But regardless, I'm pretty excited for the new charries!) I'll probably just have to get lucky with one pull. We'll see how that goes. XD (Not very well I'm sure.) 

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, she IS part dragon and transforms into one in a world where the term "manakete" is a thing. So yeah, that is that manakete "bs". :P

It was a rhetorical question. The point is that her kind are very specifically dragons.

one thing I've been wondering is what will actually tie all these characters together

like obviously they're all from fe7 but they have to call the banner and paralogues something

at first i thought maybe it was because all these characters had links to existing characters??? (lucius and priscilla with raven, jaffar with nino, karel with fir, and ninian with eliwood) but then I remembered that rebecca was there too

so yeah maybe it'll just be blazing sword characters but I feel like there'll probably be something else they have in common

6 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

But i'm not as hyped with her as I am with Lucius, who looks so beautiful in this game btw (kudos to the artist!). I wonder who will his VA be and how will he sound like. :huh: 

hearing lucius' voice is definitely something i'm really looking forward to. i always get stupidly excited over hearing voices for characters I love but i think everyone wants to know how lucius sounds.  even if he uses a staff instead of a tome i'm still pretty excited for that

Just now, Florete said:

It was a rhetorical question. The point is that her kind are very specifically dragons.

I mean, aren't they typically called both "dragons" and "manaketes"? Fae herself is also called a dragon and manakete, and this is in the same world. But hey, to each their own.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, aren't they typically called both "dragons" and "manaketes"? Fae herself is also called a dragon and manakete, and this is in the same world. But hey, to each their own.

Is Fae ever called a manakete in official translation? Even in Heroes her title is "Divine Dragon."

Just now, Florete said:

Is Fae ever called a manakete in official translation? Even in Heroes her title is "Divine Dragon."

According to the fire emblem wiki (key words highlighted):

Manaketes are a form taken by dragons to conserve their strength and survive in a world which no longer permits their full existence. All Manaketes draw their power from their dragonstones, which they use to temporarily transform back into their dragon bodies, usually for combat purposes.

so basically, as long as Ninian is a "human" she's a manakete. But when she whips out the stone she's a dragon. You and NoirCore are technically both right.

47 minutes ago, Florete said:

Manatee + Parakeet = Manakete.

For fun I'm going to take a stab right now at what Ninian's stats will look like

Green Dragon
HP 41 / Attack 40 / Speed 30 / 22 Def / 31 Res = 164 Points. Dragons normally have somewhere in the 170 range (only exception is Adult Tiki at 169). Dancers normally have less than their typical counterparts in the same range, appearing at the bottom end of the points scale. And judging by our one previous example (Fae), Green dragons are the ones that are high res low defence. Thus we get a points layout something like that.

Weapon: Ice Breath+: 13 damage, 1 range. After this unit attacks, foes within 2 spaces of target suffer Def/Res -5 through to their next actions. Ninian is most likely going to be in a heavy support role, and no other dragon so far has had an ice element breath. That leaves room for her to have a unique breath weapon. I made it the counterpart of Fem!Corrins: nerfs the defence stats instead of the offence stats.
Command Skill: Dance. Should need no explanation here.

Passives:
A Slot: Warding Blow - Grants Res+6 during combat if unit initiates attack
B Slot: Seal Speed - After combat, foe suffers -7 speed through its next action

The above set lets Ninian be a great option for tackling mages if she's not dancing for another unit. It also tanks their speed, letting other units safely attack them without getting doubled by say, Linde.

The alternative version is this: she's a Blue Dragon, and her B Slot skill is R Breathbreaker. She did after all completely whoop on 3 fire dragons. This would be the best way to replicate that achievement. Everything else stays the same.

Wow, this thread moves fast.  I read a bit, but sorry if I repeat stuff that's been said a lot already.

Overall, I like this group.  I'll use my free summons here, but it doesn't have anybody I'm dying to get either, so I won't be breaking bank.

Karel: The Lord of Edges, he's actually the guy I want least here, but I wouldn't mind if I pulled him.  I'm just so sword saturated at the moment.

Ninian: I'd love to get her.  I've got Olivia as my Dancer. (And Azura on my second account, curse me.)

Rebecca: I don't expect her to be as OP as Takumi, and he's my main Archer right now

Jaffar: Would be nice, but again not dying to get him.

Lucius: Please be a Tome user, probably the one I want most of this group.

Priscilla: Likely another staff bot, but we'll see.

I think I've seen this mentioned, but I hope we get more 3* and 4* to the mix.  I love getting 5*, but I've about exhausted the potential 3* and 4* available and getting nothing but duplicates all the time isn't the greatest.

Jaffar looks just as cool as he does in FE7, despite his costume change (reminds me of sothe).  I wonder if his personality will be protective/nice Jaffar or Psychopathic/Murderer Jaffar.

Obviously I'm excited for Ninian (like everyone else).

Otherwise, hopefully Priscilla will have good stats for my horsie account.  A healer is w/ a calvary buff and good stats would be amazing (buff your calvary to OP-Level stats and keep them alive).  And it'd be nice to have a good healer for once.  I liked Priscilla in FE7 because Raven was cool, but unfortunately I hate his character art in heroes so no personal attachment to the pair of them.

Lucius should be interesting.

Not interested in Karel.  I'm sure he had great support convos but I never saw them.  Don't remember a thing about him.  Same with Rebecca.

EDIT:  Oh btw was Ursla hinting at Jaffar?
"The castle has terrible defenses.  With all these travelers from other worlds, what would happen if...
You know, if ONE was an assassin?  A treacherous one, I mean"

Did anyone catch this (if so, I didn't see)?  Jaffar betrayed her (treacherous), is an assassin, and is coming from other worlds - fits the description exactly.

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Jaffar looks just as cool as he does in FE7, despite his costume change (reminds me of sothe).  I wonder if his personality will be protective/nice Jaffar or Psychopathic/Murderer Jaffar.

Obviously I'm excited for Ninian (like everyone else).

Otherwise, hopefully Priscilla will have good stats for my horsie account.  A healer is w/ a calvary buff and good stats would be amazing (buff your calvary to OP-Level stats and keep them alive).  And it'd be nice to have a good healer for once.  I liked Priscilla in FE7 because Raven was cool, but unfortunately I hate his character art in heroes so no personal attachment to the pair of them.

Lucius should be interesting.

I actually didn't think about that, but if Priscilla had something like Goad Cavalry, she might actually be worth keeping around for my eventual cavalry team. And I'm just praying that Lucius is a tome user and not a healer (or maybe is a healer with a unique ability to cancel out the 50% damage mitigation idk. But a Lucius without high DPS just doesn't seem right). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I actually didn't think about that, but if Priscilla had something like Goad Cavalry, she might actually be worth keeping around for my eventual cavalry team. And I'm just praying that Lucius is a tome user and not a healer (or maybe was a healer with a unique ability to cancel out the 50% damage mitigation idk. But a Lucius without high DPS just doesn't seem right). 

They could give him 60 attack as a healer, which seems broken but since the damage is spliced it won't really matter. Plus the high stat total will make him good for arena.

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

They could give him 60 attack as a healer, which seems broken but since the damage is spliced it won't really matter. Plus the high state total will make him good for arena.

I like the idea, but if they went that route it'd have to be a lot larger than 60 because 30 effective attack is honestly nothing. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I actually didn't think about that, but if Priscilla had something like Goad Cavalry, she might actually be worth keeping around for my eventual cavalry team. And I'm just praying that Lucius is a tome user and not a healer (or maybe is a healer with a unique ability to cancel out the 50% damage mitigation idk. But a Lucius without high DPS just doesn't seem right). 

By the time I got Lucius promoted I was almost done with the game.  He's not a healer to me.

Just now, Lushen said:

By the time I got Lucius promoted I was almost done with the game.  He's not a healer to me.

Oh same. Lucius will always be a DPS mage to me (so I really hope he doesn't get shafted to healbot in Heroes).