Confession Time (Seliph)

Dylan Corona

So, confession time...I just got Seliph last night and I'm starting to crush on him big time lol. I didn't really care for him in his own game, but he's so sweet in this game XD. He wants to protect me and go to the market with me lol. (Kidding..ish haha)

But what this thread is really about is me asking a question. Is he worth training and what do you think of him in Heroes? My main sword has been Lyn since the start, I'm sure he's not better then her, but what do you think overall?

HIs overall stats are pretty high.  However, his stats are in the wrong areas.  He has a very high attack but a very low speed meaning he won't double anyone anytime soon.  I'd say he's going to be a lot better if you can inherit a brave sword on him and get him to attack twice with his high attack stat.  Actually, most of his skills are pretty bad so he's going to get a lot better in the skill inherit update.

Probably best to wait for the skill inherit to see what skills we can actually put on Seliph and go from there. 

I actually quite dislike Seliph's character design.  He looks a bit unnatural IMO.  That being said, a lot of people love him so maybe its just me. xD

6 minutes ago, Lushen said:

HIs overall stats are pretty high.  However, his stats are in the wrong areas.  He has a very high attack but a very low speed meaning he won't double anyone anytime soon.  I'd say he's going to be a lot better if you can inherit a brave sword on him and get him to attack twice with his high attack stat.  Actually, most of his skills are pretty bad so he's going to get a lot better in the skill inherit update.

Probably best to wait for the skill inherit to see what skills we can actually put on Seliph and go from there. 

I actually quite dislike Seliph's character design.  He looks a bit unnatural IMO.  That being said, a lot of people love him so maybe its just me. xD

Yeah, I was thinking it would maybe best to wait to see what I can give him in skill inherit, I like some of his skills. I didn't know he was slow, that's a shame. Well thanks for the info, guess I shall keep him in the back burner, till I can see what will make him better. 

Yeah, I didn't really like him too much, till this game. I don't know, he just looks cool and says nice things XD haha. I'm a simple man with simple tastes lol.

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh lol. I got him yesterday morning in 5* 

He's alright. A powerhouse that desperately needs some speed. (Mine is +HP/-SPD)

Yeah, that's now I got him, as a 5 star lol.

How do I check what mine's + and - are? I never really knew how to check.

Edited by Dylan Corona

17 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yeah, I was thinking it would maybe best to wait to see what I can give him in skill inherit, I like some of his skills. I didn't know he was slow, that's a shame. Well thanks for the info, guess I shall keep him in the back burner, till I can see what will make him better. 

How do I check what mine's + and - are? I never really knew how to check.

Yea, and the fact is with his speed he's going to get doubled anyways by most attackers.  So his best use is to be thrown in there with a brave weapon to annihilate units before they can hit him once.  He's like a melee glass cannon.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea, and the fact is with his speed he's going to get doubled anyways by most attackers.  So his best use is to be thrown in there with a brave weapon to annihilate units before they can hit him once.  He's like a melee glass cannon.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

Thanks for the link. I may use him on a team, but not my current one lol. Too many easily killed units. I will find a team to put him on though, after skill inherit comes out. Thanks for your help! 

I have been in the same boat since I got him back when he was first released, declared him my favorite new puppy. I got reeeeally lucky and ended up with my Seliph beingg a +Spd/-HP so I've actually been able to successfully run him since he can reliably take care of the ever abundant Hectors.

I really like his normal standing and injured art but there is something a little wonky about the eye placement on his attacking art if you ask me

57 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

So, confession time...I just got Seliph last night and I'm starting to crush on him big time lol. I didn't really care for him in his own game, but he's so sweet in this game XD. He wants to protect me and go to the market with me lol. (Kidding..ish haha)

But what this thread is really about is me asking a question. Is he worth training and what do you think of him in Heroes? My main sword has been Lyn since the start, I'm sure he's not better then her, but what do you think overall?

I have Lyn too. She will forever and always be my baby gurl.

If you want a fat, slow sword user hits one time only the vast majority of the time, then go ahead.

If you want a fast twig that deals good damage when low then go for Lyn. 

I've had moderate successful with mine. Can't say I'm especially attached to him, but I've had to keep using him to keep my BST up, since he's +5 over Marth or Chrom. He's -Atk, +Res, though, so he has a lot of iffy moments (such as not being able to one-shot an alarming amount of Julias without Rally Attack). He does mash Hector quite handily while taking very little damage in return, though (there have been times where I've gotten Hector to do 0 to him).

I'd rather have Lucina, but he's definitely passable if you've got nothing that works better in your team's comp.

I have three 5* sword lords: Lucina, Lyn, and Seliph.  I like Seliph a lot, but Lyn and especially Lucina are just better in every way.

Seliph is like an armored unit with his HP and speed, but that's not enough to use him when I have the franchise wide best girl (Lyn) and her spunky upstart rival Lucina.