Metal Arc is No Longer a Mod

Jyosua

Due to various reasons, such as impersonating me on the chat, quoting things in is signature that were on the closed staff board, meant to be kept in private, mocking banned members, undermining new guidelines set by Hanz on the intro forum, and being overall a bad example for members, I've decided to relieve Metal Arc of his duties as a moderator. I will be picking someone to replace him later.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So because he's done some bad things it rules out the good things he's done for the forest?

Plus, everyone impersonates everyone on the chat. There have been other people who have impersonated you, Vincent, the president of the united states. That's not an adequate reason.

He impersonated me with the intention of actually convincing people it was me, after I specifically told him to ask me if he needed help.

He impersonated me with the intention of actually convincing people it was me, after I specifically told him to ask me if he needed help.

Yeah. Other people have done that with the same intention.

So because he's done some bad things it rules out the good things he's done for the forest?

Plus, everyone impersonates everyone on the chat. There have been other people who have impersonated you, Vincent, the president of the united states. That's not an adequate reason.

If Suzaku deserves his ban for multiple offenses, I think Arc might deserve his demotion due to multiple offenses. Also, the people who "impersonated" Vincent went as "Vincent SMA", or something along the lines. They weren't trying to convince people that they were Vincent.

I gotta admit, after seeing that I kind of approve of his banned mod powers, though don't get me wrong, I thought he was a great mod

But remember Serene? He was a good guy, too. A bit of a jerk, but he wrote stuff for us and made us laugh with his barrel rolls. But he pulled that stunt a few days ago and it just couldn't atone for everything else he'd done. He crossed the line and paid the price. This situation is no different

If Suzaku deserves his ban for multiple offenses, I think Arc might deserve his demotion due to multiple offenses. Also, the people who "impersonated" Vincent went as "Vincent SMA", or something along the lines. They weren't trying to convince people that they were Vincent.

Yeah they have dude.

Metal Arc is a prankster. That's just who he is. He's made amends numerous times and then some. He should not be removed from modhood.

Yes, but they haven't done so after I told them to simply ask me if they needed my name and status for something. I told Arc earlier to shape up, and not only did he not shape up, a little while after I said that, he puts in his signature a message from the staff board that was intentionally put there to be kept private, and when I told Hanz he could go make some guidelines the keep the intro forum orderly, Arc posted in the already locked topic for no good reason.

Don't put yourselves at risk for my sake. Jyo isn't someone you want as an enemy. Watch your mouths.

...Joshua, can you fairly assess me when you haven't been here most of my employment?

I actually have. Like I've said countless times before, just because I didn't post, didn't mean I didn't watch. I was a lurker for most of the time I was "gone", so I still watched what went on.

And nobody here is an enemy of mine. Arc has done his job for the most part, but set a bad example in other ways. Just because one is a moderator doesn't mean they're invincible from the rules.

I hope i dont come off as too mean but that chat thing is BS. People impersonate people every day. Some one impersonated branded and I to the point where if we tried to log in as "Masu" and "Branded Blade" we would get kicked in 60 seconds because said person registered our names with passwords. People impersonate Vincent as VincentASM, i've seen all the mods be impersonated and NTG be impersonated(although the real one drops by every now and then)

Yeah they have dude.

Metal Arc is a prankster. That's just who he is. He's made amends numerous times and then some. He should not be removed from modhood.

You're never on the chat, so I don't think you know what you're saying. :/

If Serene came on and said "Sorry", would we unban him? Hell no.

Jyosua: Are you promoting a member now?

Yes, but they haven't done so after I told them to simply ask me if they needed my name and status for something. I told Arc earlier to shape up, and not only did he not shape up, a little while after I said that, he puts in his signature a message from the staff board that was intentionally put there to be kept private, and when I told Hanz he could go make some guidelines the keep the intro forum orderly, Arc posted in the already locked topic for no good reason.

In my defense, that quote was supposed to be a reminder to myself to not screw around so freely.

It's in the closed staff forum for a reason. I was purposely telling you to knock it off BEHIND the scenes, so other people wouldn't know you were in any kind of trouble, and so you wouldn't look bad. I don't like demoting people, but I felt that even if I suspended you, you'd come back the same old Metal Arc.

And yes Ninji, I am.

I actually have. Like I've said countless times before, just because I didn't post, didn't mean I didn't watch. I was a lurker for most of the time I was "gone", so I still watched what went on.

And nobody here is an enemy of mine. Arc has done his job for the most part, but set a bad example in other ways. Just because one is a moderator doesn't mean they're invincible from the rules.

I fucked up big time. No denying it.

But one of the reasons I was afraid of you was because I never knew you personally. I couldn't gauge what kind of human being you were. I wish you had been here. Maybe then we'd have gotten to know each other.

You're never on the chat, so I don't think you know what you're saying. :/

If Serene came on and said "Sorry", would we unban him? Hell no.

Jyosua: Are you promoting a member now?

What does serene even have to do with this? Serene posted a shock site. Arc just played arround from time to time and now all of a sudden hes not fit to be a mod, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HES BEEN DOING ALL OF THE NOTICABLE MODDING? All fox has usually done was close a topic and go "This needs to stop"

It's in the closed staff forum for a reason. I was purposely telling you to knock it off BEHIND the scenes, so other people wouldn't know you were in any kind of trouble, and so you wouldn't look bad. I don't like demoting people, but I felt that even if I suspended you, you'd come back the same old Metal Arc.

And yes Ninji, I am.

I've never cared about looking bad. It's why I make up for my mistakes so openly.

-_-

Even IRL, I don't brush my hair, I wear weird clothes because I don't care about looking bad. (Mac can attest to that)

Edited by Metal Arc

Due to various reasons, such as impersonating me on the chat, quoting things in is signature that were on the closed staff board, meant to be kept in private, mocking banned members, undermining new guidelines set by Hanz on the intro forum, and being overall a bad example for members, I've decided to relieve Metal Arc of his duties as a moderator. I will be picking someone to replace him later.

Let me just combat the ideas in this post one by one:

1. Impersonating on the chat: Everyone does this. It's not a reason to remove someone from modhood. If anything, it's the OP's fault in the chatroom for not moditoring such things.

2. Quoting staff board stuff: Anything I've seen in Arc's sig is stuff which purpose is to make people laugh. Anything that involves actual data from those boards are simply because he thinks the members should be aware of it. Which is the trust given to the mod when (s)he becomes one.

3. Mocking Banned Members: You mean Serene and Suzaku? Notice that EVERYONE was mocking them?

4. Intro forum stuff: The guidlines were just set like 30 minutes ago. How can he break them already? Plus, I already explained this by saying that it's the other moderators and admins fault as well for not keeping an eye on those things. People have been making numerous intro topics for the past few months and no one said a thing till Shuuda said it in my topic today. It's ALL the mods and admins responsiblilty.

5. Setting a bad example: 1. That's just who he is. 2. He's set plenty good examples as well. It was because of him that I got into writing, as I'm sure other people. Also, he was the only damn mod/admin that even really delt with me and Masu over the past few months.

So respond.

Wow, sorry to hear it MA, well I nominate fireman as the new mod he is one of the most sane people here along with Raven, but Raven isnt too active

this isnt a nomination or popularity contest.

What does serene even have to do with this? Serene posted a shock site. Arc just played arround from time to time and now all of a sudden hes not fit to be a mod, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HES BEEN DOING ALL OF THE NOTICABLE MODDING? All fox has usually done was close a topic and go "This needs to stop"

I was just pointing out someone who was a previous offeder. I guess Suzaku is a better example. One of the reasons, though not the main reason, that he's still banned is because he has had 10 warns throught his time here. Arc, no offense, has not been just a "prankster". It's gotten way past that. :/

Just because I mod doesn't post, that doesn't mean they haven't modded something. Take Hanz for example.