Late March Focus Banner Predictions Thread

Falcom

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either its going to be FE8 characters or its going to be a lesser-known FE game.  My guess is the latter.  The first sibling bonds were a 'hype focus' that people got excited about because it included all their favorite characters.  Then they released a 'no-hype focus' from Geneology and Thracia which are not very commonly known FE games.  And most haven't even heard of a single character from it.  Then they released FE7 a 'hype focus' from a commonly known game.  Next, I would think they would do another lesser-known fire emblem game.  This would be wise because if they waited till the end to release all the lesser-known characters, people would get bored.  They have to shove some of the lesser-knowns into the mix strategically. 

Though, I would think they would add Ike before the next FE game is released...

Edited by Lushen

As much as I want it to, I don't think its going to be Tellius. I'll just hope for a Magvel focus instead.

As for different kinds of foci, it would be neat with class based ones. Like an armoured/flying/cavalry based one. Or one with just tome users.

Since the new banner will come in at the very tail end of March I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually an April Fools banner.  

A Buncha Jokahs:  Henry, Odin, Kieran, L'Arachel, and Oliver

3 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Since the new banner will come in at the very tail end of March I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually an April Fools banner.  

KIERAN. :D I'd pull on that banner <3 ...But hope to god that I don't end up with Oliver or Odin instead.

Still, I don't think Japan recognizes April Fools like we do, so I doubt it'll be such a banner.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

KIERAN. :D I'd pull on that banner <3 ...But hope to god that I don't end up with Oliver or Odin instead.

Still, I don't think Japan recognizes April Fools like we do, so I doubt it'll be such a banner.

You wouldn't have to worry about pulling Odin, since I think Kieran uses axes (it's been a while since I last played PoR, so sorry if I'm misremembering), so he'll be a Green unit. Odin is Blue, so you wouldn't be able to pull him if you pulled Greens. I dunno about Oliver tho, I'm not sure what they'll do about him as a light magic (if they don't just saddle him with a staff).

Personally tho, I'm hoping for a Sacred Stones or Tellius banner. Either one would be fine with me, really.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You wouldn't have to worry about pulling Odin, since I think Kieran uses axes (it's been a while since I last played PoR, so sorry if I'm misremembering), so he'll be a Green unit. Odin is Blue, so you wouldn't be able to pull him if you pulled Greens. I dunno about Oliver tho, I'm not sure what they'll do about him as a light magic (if they don't just saddle him with a staff).

Personally tho, I'm hoping for a Sacred Stones or Tellius banner. Either one would be fine with me, really.

I'm aware, but I always do full summons anyway to maximize my chances of getting varied good units. And yeah, Kieran is an axe guy, so he'd finally add another axe cavalier knight.

Oliver would be green or blue since he's a light magic guy and we already see characters like Linde for blue and Julia for green. But yeah, that's only if he doesn't get the freaking Lucius treatment. :/

18 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Either that or they trick us and say..

No banner for today.
Now you must wait another 2 weeks.
After two weeks, they secretly delay it another week.
After another week, they reveal the banner.
And the banner is only Oliver, Meg, and Fiona.
And you only get 1 star versions of them every time you pull from that banner.

Top that. But seriously, that'd be a cool banner theme.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Either that or they trick us and say..

No banner for today.
Now you must wait another 2 weeks.
After two weeks, they secretly delay it another week.
After another week, they reveal the banner.
And the banner is only Oliver, Meg, and Fiona.
And you only get 1 star versions of them every time you pull from that banner.

Top that. But seriously, that'd be a cool banner theme.

It would also get them basically no money, so I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Top that.

Psh

The only character in the focus is Wrys

And the only character you can pull at all is Wrys

And there's a 10% chance of getting a five star one. Otherwise, it's just one star Wrys.

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Psh

And there's a 10% chance of getting a five star one. Otherwise, it's just one star Wrys.

Well, at least it's a better chance of getting a 5* than usual.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

It's just because it's wrys y'know. Just look at the guy:

download (2).jpg

You will pull Wrys, and you will be very glad you did.

22 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It would also get them basically no money, so I doubt it.

I was referring to The Geek's banner idea (A Buncha Jokers). Of course my banner would obviously draw so much hate, but it'd still be funny.

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

How's that worse? That's better than my idea. Wyrs is awesome and a five star variety of him would be cool...

Spoiler

...is what I would be saying if I actually did like Wyrs. No offense Wyrs fans. Still'd take a five star version of him though.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You will pull Wrys, and you will be very glad you did.

I've pulled him 3 times actually. Got rid of all three of them too. 

^And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you read skills; or you just get good at the game!^

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

How's that worse? That's better than my idea. Wyrs is awesome and a five star variety of him would be cool...

Hide contents

...is what I would be saying if I actually did like Wyrs. No offense Wyrs fans. Still'd take a five star version of him though.

Wrys fans exist? This is a thing?

Wrys is cool for his skills but pulling a random bald man you'd get for free anyway is just depressing. Especially if it's just one stars!

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I've pulled him 3 times actually. Got rid of all three of them too. 

^And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you read skills; or you just get good at the game!^

Wrys fans exist? This is a thing?

Wrys is cool for his skills but pulling a random bald man you'd get for free anyway is just depressing. Especially if it's just one stars!

I'm a proud Wrys fan.  Gotta admire a man who can't fight, but will brave the battlefield to heal your wounded.

I've got my Wrys at level 37 now.  Too bad Healers aren't good in Arena, but I use him when I'm leveling lowbies.  He was the second 4*, and I'm very glad he was.  Sadly, Nowi was my first 4*, and I was not as glad.

I'm going to predict something completely out of the box. A "Childhood Friends" focus:

• Lugh
  • Chad
  • Neimi
  • Colm
  • Laura
  • Aran

If I'm right, you guys owe me a coke.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm a proud Wrys fan.  Gotta admire a man who can't fight, but will brave the battlefield to heal your wounded.

I've got my Wrys at level 37 now.  Too bad Healers aren't good in Arena, but I use him when I'm leveling lowbies.  He was the second 4*, and I'm very glad he was.  Sadly, Nowi was my first 4*, and I was not as glad.

Hmm a doctor who's a fan of a healer. Can't say I didn't see that coming, heh.

I saw a wrys in arena one time and lemme tell yah, he actually screwed me up, left, right, center, upside-down, and sideways. Not to mention backwards. I didn't know of his skills until he healed the whole party and revived Lucia from the dead. I was like:

"Hm"

Just now, Jave said:

I'm going to predict something completely out of the box. A "Childhood Friends" focus:

• Lugh
  • Chad
  • Neimi
  • Colm
  • Laura
  • Aran

Psh

If you're right I'm bungee jumping off a cliff.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Psh

If you're right I'm bungee jumping off a cliff.

I dunno, I was thinking much the same thing last time. Both about Ninian being next and about her being a dancing dragon.

Although, in all seriousness, that does seem pretty far fetched...

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

• Lugh
  • Chad
  • Neimi
  • Colm
  • Laura
  • Aran

It would be a good troll to add two random RD characters with two lines of dialogue in before the marquee characters, but they already put Sanaki in first, so I wouldn't put it past them

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be a good troll to add two random RD characters with two lines of dialogue in before the marquee characters, but they already put Sanaki in first, so I wouldn't put it past them

Hey, they added two side FE5 characters (one of which is not recruited in ranked runs, the other is not even playable) before the main lord. I can actually see them adding minor Tellius characters before they add the big ones.

I know this is a really niche pick, but I kind of want to see Keaton in a focus if they ever introduce beast-type heroes to the game.

Since IS has been teasing us with Jugdral Heroes as of late, it wouldn't surprise me to see them introduce more heroes from those games. Maybe the next focus could have heroes carrying holy weapons?

• Ishtar
  • Ares
  • Julius
  • Shannan
  • Altena
  • Ced

That's a lot of units in focus though, maybe it could be half of those?

And then add Meg to keep teasing us for the inevitable Tellius focus

8 minutes ago, Jave said:

Hey, they added two side FE5 characters (one of which is not recruited in ranked runs, the other is not even playable) before the main lord. I can actually see them adding minor Tellius characters before they add the big ones.

Ah, I've not played FE5 and am not really familiar with it.

Unless there's absolutely no one I want or am familiar with, I should be able to do about 4 Pulls by the time the next Focus is going.

26 minutes ago, Jave said:

• Lugh
  • Chad
  • Neimi
  • Colm
  • Laura
  • Aran

Heh, don't show this to Glaceon Mage, she'll be like "LUGH AND CHAD BUT WHERE'S WOLT HE'S ROY'S CHILDHOOD FRIEND YOU NINCOMPOOP" :P Not literally, of course, but something like that. lol

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think it's widely celebrated in Japan, but some companies do like to do stuff on April Fools for fun.  TYPE-MOON is legendary for how much effort they put into their April Fools gags.  Except last year's.  Last year's was kind of lame.