Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it done with 5* Reinhardt, 4* Effie, Lucina, and Olivia. 

Also, for some reason the top ninja is able to double Nino even though he only has 3 spd more than her. Not sure how.

Just now, Levin's Scarf said:

Also, for some reason the top ninja is able to double Nino even though he only has 3 spd more than her. Not sure how.

Yeah, I noticed that too. He doubles my guys, even if they have more speed.

Veni, vidi, vici. Hinoka 5*, Eirika 5*, Sanaki 5*, Robin M 5*, all Lvl. 40.

My +ATK Hinoka with ATK buff oneshotted Navarre, Eirika & Sanaki cleaned up the rest while Robin traded hits with ninjas (staffbot and hammerguy were busy healing and stayed out of the way until I had killed the others). Eirika's drag back was key for keeping Sanaki safe.

Beat Lunatic on my second try, I swapped out my healer for another offensive unit.

Used Marth, Peri, Jaffar and Olivia.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I have an Abel. Does the team Lyn, Abel, Jaffar and Maria sound okay? I'm at a loss with this one. The last one I sat down for a few minutes and was able to think of something...this one is hurting my brain a bit lol.

This might work, what is your Jaffar's boon/bane? Sounds similar to my team, but I used Olivia instead of a healer, because you'll want to move quickly on this map (kill the thievesand don't even let them touch you). Mine is +hp/-def, leaving him with 2 hit points to survive on contact with the enemy thief (all skills, he needs his proc to kill the thief).

Enemies don't approach you, so setup takes two turns of movement; position Jaffar in the tree on the right to bait that one thief, on player phase he can kill it when he activates his skill; Olivia dances him out of the way, set up Lance Cav/Sword Infantry so they're as close to the left to be able to hit whoever's approaching next phase but not quite in the range of Navarre + other thief. Use Jaffar, hit Navarre, take him out with one other unit, then dance this unit, and use the lance/axe to finish off thief. Green axe approaches you eventually, sword + Jaffar to take him. Finally wait for the healer to come at you and profit~! My strategy may not work for you, considering Marth is significantly more tanky than Lucina and he has Falchion recovery but the teams don't sound too different.

Wrecked Lunatic first try, but my team's heavily modified and kinda lucked into having some stuff that flat-out hard countered the enemies here, so I'm not sure how helpful my write-up is gonna be. I guess if people can find substitutes, the strat might still work. I suppose the biggest lynchpin was a common Arena M!Robin build.

My team:

• Effie 4* (+Res/-Spd; so pretty much irrelevant Boon/Bane) with SIed Brave Lance
  • Olivia 4* +1 (Hone Atk 3 is the important part here; she can be level 1 since she does no fighting)
  • Marth 5* (+Spd/-HP, but anyone with 56 Atk after WTA and 36+ Spd can do it) with SIed Fury 3 and Daylight (both irrelevant)
  • M!Robin 5* (+Def/-Spd) with SIed Swap, Res+3, Quick Riposte 2 (only QR was relevant, though)

Basically shoved M!Robin with Hone Atk 3 on him into that corner forest tile that pulls both thieves. Thanks to QR2, he murders both after getting doubled with a normal hit, then a Bonfire overkill blast. He survives with 9 HP. On that same turn, Effie sits just outside of Navarre's range. Same with Marth. Olivia is positioned to give them both Hone Atk (gross overkill for what I had, but may be necessary for other build comps).

Turn 2, both Navarre and Hammer dude moved to chase Robin. Their priest kinda just hung out behind them. I backed up a bit to get them all at the edge of my range, making sure that both Effie and Marth were near each other in case one or the other melee broke off specifically for them.

Turn 3, Effie wreck Navarre, then the spot where he used to be is exposed for Marth to hop in and murder the Hammer guy. Olivia dances Effie and Effie crushes the priest's face.

Speculation on replacements: Lucina is a common one who could easily fill Marth's shoes. I think Lyn or Ryoma should be able to fill in as well. I think Cordelia would easily fill Effie's role. Navarre's really fast, so I don't think any lances could naturally double him through +5 Spd. A decent Sully could probably also do it thanks to Swordbreaker. Actually, anyone with Swordbreaker SIed would have an easy time. Any refresher could replace Olivia so long as they have SIed Hone Atk or the other units hit the benchmarks without needing it. M!Robin could be replaced by Kagero, but I don't know if there's much else. Henry's probably too wimpy as far as Atk goes, even with Quick Riposte and Ignis. I guess a strong bowman with Daggerbreaker could do it, since the thieves has terrible Def.

11 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

10 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He doubles my guys, even if they have more speed.

Hammerman has Spur Spd.

Aww, I knew Skill Inheritance would ruin the GHB difficulty. This was the easiest one yet for me, since M!Robin with Quick Riposte eats the thieves alive even on Lunatic.

First I moved the team to bottom to take out the thief without Poison Strike. Robin lured the thief, and between Bonfire, Blarraven+ and Ninian's Hone Defense ORKO'd him and took no damage outside of Moonbow, which couldn't even break Quick Riposte 2 (and this is on a +SPD/-DEF Robin). Next turn I move him into the other thief's range and repeat the process (though thanks to Death Blow I took actual damage), and Lucina and Takumi just kind of chilled as they waited for the others to move into range. Turn 3 Robin and Takumi weakened Navarre, Lucina killed the Axe Fighter, then finished Navarre after Ninian refreshed her. Turn 4 I took out the cleric.

I hope Zephiel at least forces me to use something other than my standard arena team.

Edited by egobarrier

Finished Lunatic with a team of 5*s: Gordin, Takumi, Ephraim, and Marth.

Not as bad as some of the other Lunatic levels, though it did take a bit of trial-and-error and testing to see how the AI reacted to certain placements. Good luck to everyone else!

4 minutes ago, Iris said:

Beat Lunatic on my second try, I swapped out my healer for another offensive unit.

Used Marth, Peri, Jaffar and Olivia.

This might work, what is your Jaffar's boon/bane? Sounds similar to my team, but I used Olivia instead of a healer, because you'll want to move quickly on this map (kill the thievesand don't even let them touch you). Mine is +hp/-def, leaving him with 2 hit points to survive on contact with the enemy thief (all skills, he needs his proc to kill the thief).

Enemies don't approach you, so setup takes two turns of movement; position Jaffar in the tree on the right to bait that one thief, on player phase he can kill it when he activates his skill; Olivia dances him out of the way, set up Lance Cav/Sword Infantry so they're as close to the left to be able to hit whoever's approaching next phase but not quite in the range of Navarre + other thief. Use Jaffar, hit Navarre, take him out with one other unit, then dance this unit, and use the lance/axe to finish off thief. Green axe approaches you eventually, sword + Jaffar to take him. Finally wait for the healer to come at you and profit~! My strategy may not work for you, considering Marth is significantly more tanky than Lucina and he has Falchion recovery but the teams don't sound too different.

Dang, my Jaffar is -hp/+def...not sure if that makes a big difference haha, I'm sure it does. I'm training up Abel, and MRobin now, just in case I need both.

This lasts four days, right?

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Dang, my Jaffar is -hp/+def...not sure if that makes a big difference haha, I'm sure it does. I'm training up Abel, and MRobin now, just in case I need both.

Correct.

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Correct.

Guess that gives me three days to train up my units and think of how I want to do this, and 1 day to keep trying it haha. Thanks!

I also have a Cecilia. Maybe she would be good to handle the daggers? I don't know XD.

Edited by Dylan Corona

I sure do love Ardent Sacrifice and Physic healing Ninja's up to near full HP. I'm not a little salty about that, nope.

Beat Hard easy. No need to mention it when you got Level 40 5*s.

Beat Lunatic on third try with a team of: 5* +Atk/-Spd M!Robin (+Swordbreaker 3), 5* +Res/-HP Ryoma (+Vantage 2, but this didn't come into play), +Res/-Atk 4* Olivia, and 4* +Res/-Def Kagero. Kagero was MVP because she could one-shot the Armored Blow Ninja the turn I baited him with Ryoma. Much like the other GHB's, the actual boss, Navarre, was laughably easy against +Atk M!Robin w/ +4 Attack and Swordbreaker 3 attached to him.

Onto strats:

1) Hone Attack 3 buff to everyone just in case
2) Plant Ryoma onto forest where he can encounter both Ninja's (AI likes to put the east Ninja in the way so north Ninja can't hit Ryoma)
3) move Ryoma west after baiting while Kagero and M!Robin will be boosted by Olivia
4) Kagero kills baited Ninja in one-shot
5) Atk boosted M!Robin kills Navarre from Navarre's southwest (Swordbreaker 3)
6) move Olivia to Kagero's south (this keeps her safe and boosts Kagero)
7) the other Ninja goes for M!Robin
8) it takes Kagero, M!Robin, and Ryoma to kill the Axe Fighter
9) dance Kagero so she kills the Ninja and is in range of Cleric
10) on enemy phase, Cleric dies to Kagero
11) clear!

Thanks to Ninja's doubling anyone with 34 Speed and below naturally, any slow ranged units without Daggerbreaker will get bitten by a Moonbow proc. Tread carefully.

Just now, Dylan Corona said:

Guess that gives me three days to train up my units and think of how I want to do this, and 1 day to keep trying it haha. Thanks!

I also have a Cecilia. Maybe she would be good to handle the daggers? I don't know XD.

The thieves have very high res. I don't think Cecilia can handle them even with WTA.

4 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I didn't screen shot stats so I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe you can experiment if you have spare stamina and see if he can take the hit, if not, you can try lowering LoD3 to LoD2, and see if you can still take out the thief on the following turn.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I don't think Cecilia will work very well as the dagger counter. She's frail and slow I didn't put my 5* Cecilia in their range. Plus their high resistance is not a good combination for her.

Edited by predator_21476

The thieves are your standard mage killers. Their Def is pretty bad, so bowmen can deal significant damage to them.

Cecilia with +Atk and Daggerbreaker would probably give her enough offense, but I'd be worried about her survivability. Even with WTA, her Def is pretty poor and I don't know if there's enough Def buffs around to save her (barring maybe a full horse buff team).

Tried to use 5* Effie to beat Lunatic but failed. (I was fooled by the pulling banner!)

Then I cleared it using a 5* team with Lucina x 2, Sharena and Bunny Camilla.

Fly Camilla to the rightmost column to lure the thief on the right. She will be safe in the woods for a few rounds as long as she does not initiate any attack, and only can be attacked by one thief.

Navarre would move to Camilla's direction, and won't be able to attack our other team members.

The rest of the battle is very easy. After taking hits by the thief, Lucina will be ready to use Luna, that can ORKO the axe guy. Sharena also kills Navarre by one counter and one attack.

1 minute ago, Iris said:

I didn't screen shot stats so I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe you can experiment if you have spare stamina and see if he can take the hit, if not, you can try lowering LoD3 to LoD2, and see if you can still take out the thief on the following turn.

Right, smart thinking. Jaffar was able to take on one easy, but not the other, so maybe lowering LoD will help. It's worth a shot.

Just now, predator_21476 said:

I don't think Cecilia will work very well as the dagger counter. She's frail and slow I didn't put my 5* Cecilia in their range.

Thanks XD. I love Cecillia, but she has not been very helpful haha, glad I didn't get her up five star. XD

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Dang, what are these thieves on. Haha. Why is this one turning out to be such a pain. XD

They're physically fragile so melee units will do a lot of damage to them.

What I did:

I had a +Def Lucina bait out the right thief while Effie hung back. She took trivial amounts of damage, did a whole lot of damage to the thief, and then killed him with the help of a dancer. She then baited out the axe dude (I had Reinhardt move behind Lucina to give the axe dude incentive to move in Lucina's direction beforehand), killed him, while Effie baited out Navarre. Killed Navarre with Reinhardt, hit the top thief with Effie, and finished him off with Reinhardt after using dance. Killed the cleric with Lucina. 

5 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Thanks XD. I love Cecillia, but she has not been very helpful haha, glad I didn't get her up five star. XD

She's not that bad. I gave her bow breaker for Takumi's in the arena however i still should have upgraded someone else because after i upgraded her I summoned a 5* Julia.

Edited by predator_21476

OKAY SO I REDID MY STRAT, WAY LESS CONVOLUTED IMO

So we have the same team:
- Ryoma, +Spd -Atk, Defiant Atk 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd, Swap, Astra
- Reinhardt, +Atk -Def, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 2, Reposition, Blazing Thunder
- Nino, +Spd -Def, Life or Death 2, Desperation 3, Hone Spd, Ardent Sacrifice, Draconic Aura
- Olivia. Dances and has Hone Atk 3.

Turns out vanilla Reinhardt can't oneround beefy Lunatic Navarre, which is ok, that's what we have Olivia for. I position Reinhardt at the edge of of danger zone, and put Olivia under him to buff. Ryoma is next to Reinhardt--he doesn't need the hone spd but I'm used to making Nino as buffed as possible all the time just in case I need it. So they're basically in a square and shit. Next turn, I move Reinhardt up, delete Navarre. Dance Reinhardt with Olivia. Reinhardt get Olivia out of dodge. Ryoma and Nino adjust themselves accordingly (ryoma at the edge, nino behind him). 

Next turn, enemies close in. I make Ryoma kill axe dude. I don't need vantage up (8 dmg doesn't get vantage up anyway, so I'd rather just have him have the HP. Nino gives him some hp, conveniently puts herself into desperation zone. Olivia get Nino out of there. Ryoma eats damage from the 2 ninjas--pretty low damage on him, in all honesty-- and counter them for some damage. Next turn Ryoma destroys one ninja and Nino takes out the other. Then cleric is easy.

I think the only inherited skill that came into play here was Reposition. And I guess Hone Spd on Nino instead of Hone Atk so Ryoma's at 42 speed and can't be doubled by anything. The Ardent Sacrifice was nice but Ryo didn't really take much damage so ultimately unnecessary, and Nino can kill a thief from full without dying even if desperation is not up.

Edited by Thor Odinson