Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

I haven't had success due to poor choices in red unit (and maybe Effie could use reconsideration), so I still haven't quite made it.

A question, then: Robin (M) with his superior defence, or Robin (F) with her superior attack? Both have the appropriate -raven spell, though only the former has managed Triangle Adept.
(And considering how little SP she has, I don't think Robin (F) will ever get that without promotion).

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the early info we had on this map, I was able to think of  a strategy in advance and it paid off. I was able to complete Lunatic on my first try. Pretty sure my strategy isn't easily replicated though. I used:

5* Sanaki with Raudrraven+ and Swordbreaker 2
5* Nino 
5* Azura
5* Ninian

Sanaki pretty much did everything with the 3 others only being there for support. First turn, she took care of Navarre and got dragged back twice by a danced Nino. Turn 2, Sanaki was danced 2 times, which allowed to take out every one except the healer who got dealt with on the following turn.

I've only beat it in hard, I'm training now to Lunatic, I'v used 4 stars Michalis, Palla, Effie and Kagero, was pretty easy as well the hard Michalis, at first try, but in Lunatic they make Palla dead in two turns and she's the only one in level 40(+1) so I'm gonna put everyone else in 40 and try again

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I'm having a bit of trouble with Lunatic Navarre.

The only units I have that I would seriously consider using are Reinhardt (5-Star Level 40+1 (+1 HP&ATK), +ATK/-RES, has Death Blow: I think he can one-round Navarre, but he can't survive being attacked by the daggers (although he could finish them if they had been even slightly weakened), so I need someone else for those), Male Robin (4-Star, +DEF/-RES, has Triangle Adept 2 & Swordbreaker 1: He should be able to handle the ninjas, and Navarre if I need him to, but he probably won't survive if the healer or Hammerman set their sights on him), Stahl (4-Star Level 36, +HP/-RES, has Hone Cavalry: I feel like I would need him if I ran Reinhardt, and he can probably beat Hammerman, but I don't like his odds against anyone else, and I know that top dagger and Navarre kill him if they attack him together), Effie (4-Star Level 31, +HP/-ATK: Can probably handle Navarre, and should be kept far away from Hammerman, beyond that I dunno), Ninian (5-Star Level 40, +ATK/-HP: Dancer should be useful, and she could maybe handle Navarre if the top ninja wasn't around), Roy (5-Star Level 40, +RES/-ATK, has Threaten ATK 3: He could perhaps take on Hammerman, though I'm not sure he could do much else), and Lyn (5-Star Level 39, +SPD/-RES: Could take on Hammerman, might be able to fight the thieves and healers when she hits half health), Catria (5-Star Level 40, +ATK/-DEF: I dunno about her, but she could maybe take out Navarre?), Sakura (5-Star Level 40, +HP/-DEF, has Rehabilitate & Heavenly Light: Healer), Setsuna (4-Star Level 36, dunno Boon/Bane: Has Daggerbreaker built into her weapon, but might be too weak to do significant damage) and Jaffar (5-Star Level 40, +HP/-RES, has Moonbow & Escape Route 1: Very strong, very frail; dunno who he could take on, but he has Escape Route if he needs to run away).

Can these units be made into a team that can handle Lunatic?

I would say Roy, M!Robin, Ninian and Reinhardt. Robin into the trees, + dance so that he can go further in, he should be 1 tile up the mini mountain. This move basically ensures that the axe, healer and dagger are stalled and far away. Navarre and dagger move towards you. Depending on your previous placement, you may have to wait another turn to bait. But you basically want to take out the dagger without taking any dmg. Shouldn't be too hard with a dancer. Navarre should be easy pickings for Reinhardt. Eventually Robin would have taken out the dagger and the axe and healer start to move. Roy swoops in and laughs with his Triangle adept.

Don't know why anyone else is attempting Lunatic when it's not possible with all the healing and the green guy. Not even a dancer works. I've tried it. You guys really should save your stamina/stamina potions and avoid this, at least until IS realizes their mistake and makes the map actually beatable.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Don't know why anyone else is attempting Lunatic when it's not possible with all the healing and the green guy. Not even a dancer works. I've tried it. You guys really should save your stamina/stamina potions and avoid this, at least until IS realizes their mistake and makes the map actually beatable.

It seems this map is really easy though. Just like the previous maps it's a case of having the right units.

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

It seems this map is really easy though. Just like the previous maps it's a case of having the right units.

No, this map is impossible, like I said. I've tried all sorts of strategies, but the healing especially makes them all fail. Your units don't matter if the other team gets healed completely or near completely every turn and can take out your dancer quickly using the thieves.

I'm using a dancer and people that can take hits from the thieves, plus male Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker. Isn't that what others are using?

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Just because you have not doesn't mean that everyone else has not. There are several who echo the opinion that Lunatic was not only possible, but trivially easy, and indeed, even though I have not succeeded, I acknowledge this is because Tharja and underlevelled!Ryoma were not suited to the role I needed that red unit to fill.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I only ever had one dancer and yes, I still have Olivia, but she's weak and just gets killed. She's at lv. 36 4 star and her HP and defenses are still bad. I find that a dancer or healer is too risky here with the thieves being ranged attackers, meaning they're not safe even behind your lines.

Don't need Abel when I have Sharena or Bunny Xander. I'll use them if I want a great lancer.

This map is not impossible because a lot of people have beaten it on lunatic.

Abel is great because he inherently has Sword Breaker 3 at 4*. I can quote proof in thread, but it looks like 4* level 40 Abel can ORKO Navarre on Lunatic if I read some posts correctly. I would train him up, because Sharena and Xander are probably too slow to take on Navarre, unless you give them Swordbreaker. 

I wouldn't deploy a healer on this map, but a dancer is completely fine depending on the rest of your team. If you read other strategies posted by other members, it looks like a lot of people used Olivia. Can your M!Robin survive a hit from the thief near the eastern side of the map (and then ORKO him the next round)? If so, I would recommend deploying M!Robin/Abel/Olivia/Marth.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

...Just because you have not doesn't mean that everyone else has not. There are several who echo the opinion that Lunatic was not only possible, but trivially easy, and indeed, even though I have not succeeded, I acknowledge this is because Tharja and underlevelled!Ryoma were not suited to the role I needed that red unit to fill.

Sorry, but I disagree.

EDIT: Abel isn't as good as Sharena or Bunny Xander. He can't hit very hard or take hits well. Sharena is at least very fast and can double a lot of the time.

No, my male Robin cannot beat that thief the next turn, not even with an attack boost. I had Olivia standing next to him for her Hone Attack, didn't do it.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did this map on Lunatic on my first try, as well as a lot of other people who posted in this thread and someone already linked a video of someone beating the Lunatic map using only free units promoted to 3*, so it clearly isn't impossible.

Edited by LuxSpes

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, this map is impossible, like I said. I've tried all sorts of strategies, but the healing especially makes them all fail. Your units don't matter if the other team gets healed completely or near completely every turn and can take out your dancer quickly using the thieves.

I'm using a dancer and people that can take hits from the thieves, plus male Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker. Isn't that what others are using?

I beat the lunatic map within 15 minutes of it's release. It's not impossible. There's a spot in the trees where robin can only be attacked by one thief. Start from there and use your dancer to move your units around to avoid unfavourable matchups. A red unit that can kill the hammerman is also recommended.

Just now, Korath88 said:

I beat the lunatic map within 15 minutes of it's release. It's not impossible. There's a spot in the trees where robin can only be attacked by one thief. Start from there and use your dancer to move your units around to avoid unfavourable matchups. A red unit that can kill the hammerman is also recommended.

THAT IS WHAT I DID. I already stated this.

I wouldn't believe anyone who says they beat the map on Lunatic, honestly.

...Said to someone who had.

"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun."

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least for me -breaker skills are a life saver. A good lancer with swordbreaker can handle Navarre no problem. A sword user with axebreaker can handle the axe user no problem. Robin probably isn't the best choice for the ninjas (since their RES is so high), but it's possible! It's just a matter of finding the right rhythm. I actually ended up drawing out the map and trying out a few different strategies on paper before going in. I hate math, but honestly, it was therapeutic, and I felt more prepared!

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I only ever had one dancer and yes, I still have Olivia, but she's weak and just gets killed.

Don't need Abel when I have Sharena or Bunny Xander. I'll use them if I want a great lancer.

Here's something to consider.

If trained up, even a -Atk Abel comes short of killing Navarre by just 2 points of damage (14x4), but having even neutral attack or just a hone attack buff--from Olivia no less--makes him the best possible candidate for ORKO'ing Navarre (and it's overkill, too, 18x4 for 72). He's definitely worth training for this mission.

At 4* Lv. 40, neutral Olivia has 34 / 24 defenses, so she takes 14x2 from the daggers and lives with 6 HP. She can survive at least one round, so you can adjust your tactics accordingly.

The map is much easier for Robin to deal with if you have another mage that can KO the hammer in one round. Archers are less effective because of his 30 defense and the fact that the daggers carry bowbreaker. Once Navarre and the Hammer are dead, Robin can solo the rest of the map.

Sorry if some of this seems obvious. You only lose if you give up, though, so keep trying!

EDIT: Ninja'd hard

Edited by MrSmokestack

Um. Get Olivia to dance Robin to the spot above the little mountain. M!Robin makes this map really easy as his only job is to stall the axe, healer, and dagger. The other two units + Olivia should be able to take on the dagger and navarre that move down.

There's that video again of the person with the 3* free units beating it, and someone shows how they beat it with A!Tiki on her own (with some support help) in the thread.

I beat it, but then my units are perfect for it (Ryoma, Azura, Kagero and Reinhardt).

I'm going to try it on my second account, which has none of those, shortly to see if I can do it. I couldn't do Michalis with it, but I'm not very strategically minded ^.^''

...Alright, I'm out. Everyone is posting too fast for me to keep up with.

But one more thing, my Olivia is not lv. 40 and I don't intend to level her that far because it's not worth it. She dies too much in the tower.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So you're accusing all of us who stated that we beat the map on Lunatic to be liars? Why would I, or any of the other people in thread who said they beat the map lie about this? If I couldn't beat the map, I would say so and ask for tips, not lie that I actually beat it.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Here's something to consider.

If trained up, even a -Atk Abel comes short of killing Navarre by just 2 points of damage (14x4), but having even neutral attack or just a hone attack buff--from Olivia no less--makes him the best possible candidate for ORKO'ing Navarre (and it's overkill, too, 18x4 for 72). He's definitely worth training for this mission.

At 4* Lv. 40, neutral Olivia has 34 / 24 defenses, so she takes 14x2 from the daggers and lives with 6 HP. She can survive at least one round, so you can adjust your tactics accordingly.

The map is much easier for Robin to deal with if you have another mage that can KO the hammer in one round. Archers are less effective because of his 30 defense and the fact that the daggers carry bowbreaker. Once Navarre and the Hammer are dead, Robin can solo the rest of the map.

Sorry if some of this seems obvious. You only lose if you give up, though, so keep trying!

Yeah, when i tried it Abel with Olivia support someone to handle the thief basically breaks this map. Doesn't neutral Abel also OHKO one of the Thief?

13 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

It just happen to not be Draug solo

Dream is RIP

Also really I legitimately feels insulted when people says that map is impossible. You don't even know how much of an investment i made just to beat that map today

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But one more thing, my Olivia is not lv. 40 and I don't intend to level her that far because it's not worth it. She dies too much in the tower.

You're looking for help. We're offering you help. Now you're not only flat-out refusing our help but claiming we're lying about finishing the map. What do you want us to do?

I put in my $0.02 already so I'm not going any further on this.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know you said you're done, but I want to help

I beat it and my Olivia is level 32. She didn't even have to take damage. I'll start it nice and simple

Ya got a unit with drawback unlocked that isn't named M Robin?

Don't trust @Kiran he isn't your friend :P

It's either me or him so you can choose

I could've replaced my Olivia for a 3* level 1 version and be just as effective.
My Lilina doesn't need to surpass level 28.
And Abel and Kagero would both have had the same effect as they did arounf level 34-35

I had no 5* units which is a huge step up in attacking prowess for all units.