Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

Just now, Arcanite said:

You'd also have to do the actual summoning inside a hot tub so I don't think you'd even have a chance

unless you got a hot tub lying around

Your score is close to mine, yet I'm in top 1,000 lol

Team minerva op

Hahh yeah.

Yeah it's likely due to the lower overall population of 1) people on Team Minerva and 2) people who actually have Minerva (though I might be underestimating this amount, I just know I've seen wayyyy more Camillas throughout playing this game). 

The sacrifices I make fighting for my lady's honor ~3~

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Yinvarn said:

To be honest with you, I don't know much about Minerva. I just know a bit of history about her and she looked badass asf when I saw this picture. But since the other characters didn't caught my attention much, I decided to go for her, the most impressive wyvern rider I know (imo).

The more reasons to try out Shadow Dragon and New Mystery! (and/or Mystery and/or original Shadow Dragon as well)
It's definitely worth it.

25 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh yeah that'd probably do it. Indeed, my lady continues to spurn my advances at every turn. =3= And alas, no more orbs to attempt.... ;;

(I mean hell I wrote a full flippin' character analysis in defense of her, what's it take to impress you girl...)

Be Corrin. 

13 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I just know I've seen wayyyy more Camillas throughout playing this game

Camilla did have that focus early on, so that helps with percentages. Minerva only had a fighting Michalis focus and this current gauntlet one, so she's statistically much rarer given her available focus time. 

I'm very glad I jumped on fighting Michalis and got hella lucky, though.

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You'd also have to do the actual summoning inside a hot tub so I don't think you'd even have a chance

unless you got a hot tub lying around

You could check into a hotel with a hot tub and do a summoning circle there but at that point you might as well just actually spend that money on orbs and spam the wyvern banner while it lasts

Edited by Thor Odinson

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The more reasons to try out Shadow Dragon and New Mystery! (and/or Mystery and/or original Shadow Dragon as well)
It's definitely worth it.

I'm planning to do these games, the problem is I don't know if I will do Binding Blade before... (Still a lot a FE to do for me !)

Thanks for the advice anyway

44 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just from the first gauntlet people knew the team that lost in the finals had easier ranking opportunities throughout the whole thing

Which is why team Minerva is flipping bae

Well, I decided to try both routes to see if bandwaggoning worked in terms of feather optimization.

In the first gauntlet I chose team Ephraim and did a balanced aproach, spending a little amount of flags every round. Net feathers in the end were about 6500~ (two wins, one loss, no Ephraim to boost my points, lots of playing)
This time around I chose team Camilla from the start and saved all my flags for the last round, and, if the gauntlet ended right now, i'd have 8600 feathers (three wins, Camilla boost, lots of playing only in the last round).

So yeah, bandwaggoning works very nicely if you have the most popular character from the gauntlet, and - even though I still think it's possible to reach close to it's rewards going with some dark horse, you'd need a lot of planning. Choosing the winner from the start and saving your flags seems like the most simple and effective strategy, sadly.

1 minute ago, r4v1sh said:

Well, I decided to try both routes to see if bandwaggoning worked in terms of feather optimization.

In the first gauntlet I chose team Ephraim and did a balanced aproach, spending a little amount of flags every round. Net feathers in the end were about 6500~ (two wins, one loss, no Ephraim to boost my points, lots of playing)
This time around I chose team Camilla from the start and saved all my flags for the last round, and, if the gauntlet ended right now, i'd have 8600 feathers (three wins, Camilla boost, lots of playing only in the last round).

So yeah, bandwaggoning works very nicely if you have the most popular character from the gauntlet, and - even though I still think it's possible to reach close to it's rewards going with some dark horse, you'd need a lot of planning. Choosing the winner from the start and saving your flags seems like the most simple and effective strategy, sadly.

You can't compare Ephraim to Camilla since there are more flags to go around in this gauntlet which means more variables to consider.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Camilla did have that focus early on, so that helps with percentages. Minerva only had a fighting Michalis focus and this current gauntlet one, so she's statistically much rarer given her available focus time. 

I'm very glad I jumped on fighting Michalis and got hella lucky, though.

You could check into a hotel with a hot tub and do a summoning circle there but at that point you might as well just actually spend that money on orbs and spam the wyvern banner while it lasts

Also Camilla is available as a 4*

@vuviper yeah i forgot about that but yes that would factor in drastically to Cam's availability

but anyway

Let's see what I have (team Minerva from the start)
Round 1: 1700 + 500 = 2200. Barely made top 10k with this, so unless I have ridiculous amounts of foresight and like an entire program for predictions I don't think I could've shaved off much here.
Round 2: 900 + 500 = 1400. 53k without trying much. Spent 10 flags by accident but it worked out.
Round 3: 3100. Dumped everything I had left here. Can't see myself dropping below 5k as I'm at rank 1.3k right now, so going with that.
Cumulative: 2200 right now, but potentially 1800 since i'm cumulative 9k so it's possible to miss the cutoff. I'll go with 1800 to be on the safe side. This one is irrelevant to faction, so it just depends on how much time you can dedicate to actually playing, I don't have much, unfortunately.

Total: 8500

It's possible with further optimization I could achieve a higher rank in round 2 (i was about 53k there so I could've spent like just a few more flags and got over the 50k bracket) and still maintain > 5k in round 3, reaching 8700 instead.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Well, you can't compare the two gauntlets. First off, the feather count being increased on the last round was not advertised. Second the flag amount also changed. 

Also if the gauntlet ended right now I would get 8700 feathers and I still have 200 flags left right now. Totally not trying to one up Camilla

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

@vuviper yeah i forgot about that but yes that would factor in drastically to Cam's availability

but anyway

Let's see what I have (team Minerva from the start)
Round 1: 1700 + 500 = 2200. Barely made top 10k with this, so unless I have ridiculous amounts of foresight and like an entire program for predictions I don't think I could've shaved off much here.
Round 2: 900 + 500 = 1400. 53k without trying much. Spent 10 flags by accident but it worked out.
Round 3: 3100. Dumped everything I had left here. Can't see myself dropping below 5k as I'm at rank 1.3k right now, so going with that.
Cumulative: 2200 right now, but potentially 1800 since i'm cumulative 9k so it's possible to miss the cutoff. I'll go with 1800 to be on the safe side.

Total: 8500

It's possible with further optimization I could achieve a higher rank in round 2 (i was about 53k there so I could've spent like just a few more flags and got over the 50k bracket) and still maintain > 5k in round 3, reaching 8700 instead.

For me as team minerva it's looking like:
Round 1: 1,300+500 (5 Flags used)
Round 2:, 1,100+500 (65 flags used, 150 more  could have gotten me 1,300)
Round 3: 3,500

Cumulative 1,800 (But I still have 200 flags)
Total: 8,700

Yeah I probably should not have used as many flags in round 1

the 1700 was with about 270 or so spent

If I don't drop out of top 10k though I'll have 8800 which would be cool but idk how long I can keep that up

Edited by Thor Odinson

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You can't compare Ephraim to Camilla since there are more flags to go around in this gauntlet which means more variables to consider.

Well, flags are available to everyone, right? So I think the only difference with the addition of more flags is that actually having the gauntlet character in your roster matters more now (since you get the bonus multiplier many more times). But indeed, that skews my data in favor of my Camilla run, since I didnt have Ephraim on the first gauntlet (that was the best I could do with the data I have, though).

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Well, you can't compare the two gauntlets. First off, the feather count being increased on the last round was not advertised. Second the flag amount also changed. 

Also if the gauntlet ended right now I would get 8700 feathers and I still have 200 flags left right now. Totally not trying to one up Camilla

Yeah, I guess this will all change along with peoples perceptions of rewards (if everyone starts saving, it will be harder to get good results on the last round, surely). But I don't think both gauntlets are all the different overall. I only meant that, even though it's doable to get "the best rewards" going rogue, as of now, it's much more simple (you need little data analyzing) to get them going with the flow, even if you don't play all that much.

Just now, r4v1sh said:

Well, flags are available to everyone, right? So I think the only difference with the addition of more flags is that actually having the gauntlet character in your roster matters more now (since you get the bonus multiplier many more times). But indeed, that skews my data in favor of my Camilla run, since I didnt have Ephraim on the first gauntlet (that was the best I could do with the data I have, though).

Yeah, I guess this will all change along with peoples perceptions of rewards (if everyone starts saving, it will be harder to get good results on the last round, surely). But I don't think both gauntlets are all the different overall. I only meant that, even though it's doable to get "the best rewards" going rogue, as of now, it's much more simple (you need little data analyzing) to get them going with the flow, even if you don't play all that much.

I played a moderate amount and didn't optimize at all. I'm literally spending all my flags in the last round. So no, I don't agree with it being more simple. Also having the team rep goes a long way in getting points. 10% is a lot, Especially with flags. 

The sheer fact that a popularity contest has turned into people numbercrunching for how to optimize rewards instead of just going with the character they like best demonstrates how horribly wrong the whole thing has become better than any wall of text ever could. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

The sheer fact that a popularity contest has turned into people numbercrunching for how to optimize rewards instead of just going with the character they like best demonstrates how horribly wrong the whole thing has become better than any wall of text ever could. 

The great majority still go for the characters they like, I'd imagine. SF just happens to be a gathering of min/maxers.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I still have like 1500 flags lol. I didn't really bother playing in this gauntlet much.

You better use those flags. There are homeless people who could eat those flags. You better use them!

Spoiler

YOU BETTER USE THEM!

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

People like certain characters, but they also like netting max feather profit just as much.

Spoiler

How far have we gone?

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

The great majority still go for the characters they like, I'd imagine. SF just happens to be a gathering of min/maxers.

Well, when you hate the whole gauntlet, you got to at least min/max, right? :XD:
I'm only taking this seriously when they give me back my lance wyverns.

I pretty much just blew each round's flags on itself and, despite doing some unoptimized flag spending (in smaller increments, wasting a few instances of 110 points) to see if I could bring some flags over to round 3 (I brought all of 5... could have maybe gotten away with 20, but things were uncomfortably tight), I'm sitting rather pretty for overall income. Unless something really weird drastically changes in the next 10.5 hours, this is what I'm looking at:

• Round 1 Cordy win, #23 = 2500 + 500 = 3000 feathers
  • Round 2 Cordy loss, #4363 = 2100 feathers
  • Round 3 Camilla win, currently #56 887 and seriously doubting I'll fall out of top 70k = 1600 + 500 = 2100 feathers
  • Cumulative score currently puts me at #644; lots of hoarders going all-in could maybe push me out, but seems generally unlikely = 3000 feathers

Total expected feather income = 3000 + 2100 + 2100 + 3000 = 10 200. If, for some reason, I get pushed out of top 1k cumulative, I'm still looking at 9800.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, they could have also chosen better candidates. It's not good for a popularity contest at all when it's clear Camilla's gonna sweep the competition (some people are just gonna nope out, others will try to salvage the situation by going for feathers; and that's outside of people shooting for feathers from the beginning). Personally, I'm big on pegasi, but I didn't really like any of the candidates that much. I guess I was kinda vaguely interested in rooting for Cordy or Hinoka, but they're definitely not near the top of my list. Palla I hardly even know and Subaki's personality grates on me. TLDR: It's a terrible travesty that they didn't put best pegasus Florina into this—even if she's not a very good unit in Heroes. :(

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, to be fair, this is the FE community we're talking about. Number crunching is in our blood.

1 minute ago, r4v1sh said:

Well, when you hate the whole gauntlet, you got to at least min/max, right? :XD:
I'm only taking this seriously when they give me back my lance wyverns.

CORMAG, WHERE YOU AT?

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Eh, so far I've lucked out and was able to join not only my favorite characters but get a decent feather payout as well. Go Ephraim and Minerva! It also helps that I've managed to pull both of them. People like getting feathers as well as voting their favorite units!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

CORMAG, WHERE YOU AT?

inb4 Cormag gets swords like Caeda did

....man... I wonder if I'd have gotten more feathers by going Cherche/Beruka (only wyverns I DO have lol) and dumping all my feathers in round 1.... I mean, don't regret going with my favorites ultimately but not having them in either gauntlet hurts haha... ;;