Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

IN OTHER NEWS! Tsubaki and Beruka are STILL neck-and-neck.

Tsubaki: 24,415,674
Beruka: 22,762,681

This is like Chrom vs. Ephraim all over again, except no one cares because it's boring.

Probably going to sit this gauntlet out. Inserting a clear fan favourite like Camilla ( as with Lucina the last time ) makes the entire thing a farce. Though Camilla is roflstomping poor Hinoka even harder than the Lucina vs. Sharena battle...

Make Lyn vs. Ike happen just to see which Lord is more over-rated already ( though Lyn will probably win. Not that I'd mind, of course xD ).

Edited by Luchi

Is it me, or are the rank rewards higher than before? Thinking about it, I'm actually wondering if being on the winning team is really the best for getting feathers. You'll get a guaranteed 1,000 feathers, but ranking in the top 1,000 nets you 2,500 feathers, which would be much easier on a team with fewer players, right? Or does the ranking not work that way?

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Is it me, or are the rank rewards higher than before? Thinking about it, I'm actually wondering if being on the winning team is really the best for getting feathers. You'll get a guaranteed 1,000 feathers, but ranking in the top 1,000 nets you 2,500 feathers, which would be much easier on a team with fewer players, right? Or does the ranking not work that way?

Yes. Being in a team with fewer players means it's easier to score high.

1 minute ago, Thalyon said:

Score update

Camila 250.822.739

Hinoka 39.451.799

Jesus Christ... Alright... I mean, I understood why people were against her, but now I really understand... It's kind of hard to defend that. Lol.

3 minutes ago, XhenD said:

At this rate Camilla is going to break the 10 billion points all by herself

Lucina is too used to playing other people and is now wearing a purple wig and fake boobs.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lucina is too used to playing other people and is now wearing a purple wig and fake boobs.

Kind of like this image that you posted on the memes thread?

Spoiler

1vaWGFD.jpg

25 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Saving so many flags for the next rounds. I've only given Camilla 105 of them. :lol:

Didn't it say the challenges would change as the next rounds start? I was hoping for that.

I'm supporting Minerva all the way through, no matter what. Even if she wouldn't stand a chance against Camilla, I can pick up some feathers while standing behind one of my favorites!

8 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

Score update

Camila 250.822.739

Hinoka 39.451.799

Well, at least it's because Camilla's truly a more deserving, better-written character; and certainly not because one of the game's larger demographics is hormone-crazed middle-schoolers, with a good number of people jumping on the bandwagon because they see an easy win.  Right?

<sigh>  I guess we'll just have to face the facts that this Arena is more or less decided already.  Though, even if the prize were infinite feathers, it wouldn't be enough to get me to support that Miltank-wannabe.  If I refuse to support the clear winner, and I'm not skilled enough to rank on anyone else, is there any point to even participating in the Arena?

5 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

What would be interesting is in seven months when we have 8 gauntlet champions, making a gauntlet with all of them...

And in 5 years we'll have 8 gauntlet champion-champions! : D

Edit:

Just now, JJ48 said:

Well, at least it's because Camilla's truly a more deserving, better-written character; and certainly not because one of the game's larger demographics is hormone-crazed middle-schoolers, with a good number of people jumping on the bandwagon because they see an easy win.  Right?

<sigh>  I guess we'll just have to face the facts that this Arena is more or less decided already.  Though, even if the prize were infinite feathers, it wouldn't be enough to get me to support that Miltank-wannabe.  If I refuse to support the clear winner, and I'm not skilled enough to rank on anyone else, is there any point to even participating in the Arena?

Camilla is basically the pragmatic option both in heroes and fates. Sure, other options exist, but she's pretty much the best choice regardless of her design.

Edited by DehNutCase

Good morning all! I registered here for the first time last Voting Gauntlet (though been lurking for years).

Basically, for maximum feathers, the idea would be:

1) Choose a Winning team, but not THE winning team (darn Camilla...)
2) Team with fewer people to get Current Round Rank
3) Be frugal with your flags until the 2nd day of each Round to push for more Rank (Ex: Can I get Rank 1~1k without spending too many flags?? idea)
4) Mindful of #3, saving flags for Round 2 and Round 3 to push for current round ranking.

It looks like Team Camilla people are pushing way too many flags just to even rank which is great for anyone not on that team. Also, flags are worth more than before? Wasn't the 1st Gauntlet 100x flags = 10k votes? Now it's 20k. It explains why Camilla's score is so freaking high.

That being said, this forum is absolutely entertaining to read during these events (March's gauntlet commentary was golden). I am having fun either way and I love both Minerva and Palla! decisions decisions...

3 minutes ago, AuroraSkye said:

Good morning all! I registered here for the first time last Voting Gauntlet (though been lurking for years).

Basically, for maximum feathers, the idea would be:

1) Choose a Winning team, but not THE winning team (darn Camilla...)
2) Team with fewer people to get Current Round Rank
3) Be frugal with your flags until the 2nd day of each Round to push for more Rank (Ex: Can I get Rank 1~1k without spending too many flags?? idea)
4) Mindful of #3, saving flags for Round 2 and Round 3 to push for current round ranking.

It looks like Team Camilla people are pushing way too many flags just to even rank which is great for anyone not on that team. Also, flags are worth more than before? Wasn't the 1st Gauntlet 100x flags = 10k votes? Now it's 20k. It explains why Camilla's score is so freaking high.

That being said, this forum is absolutely entertaining to read during these events (March's gauntlet commentary was golden). I am having fun either way and I love both Minerva and Palla! decisions decisions...

I don't think the multiplier for flags inresead. You can spend 200 flags in one battle though, so maybe you missread?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

And in 5 years we'll have 8 gauntlet champion-champions! : D

Edit:

Camilla is basically the pragmatic option both in heroes and fates. Sure, other options exist, but she's pretty much the best choice regardless of her design.

Best choice in the Arena, maybe.  Having used a 5-Star Camilla (as she was the first 5-Star I had), she's certainly not the best choice usefulness-wise.

Also, here's a condensed score update for sheer convenience:

Camilla - 250, 822, 739

Hinoka - 39,451,799
Minerva - 49,981,705
Palla - 36,135,443
Cordelia - 41,141,534
Cherche - 23,538,931
Subaki - 24,415,674
Beruka - 22,762,681

I also took out a calculator and took note of the exact number of total votes from everyone except Camilla. Which is the following.

Total: 237, 427, 767

So yes, at this point, Camilla has a 10 million lead over literally everyone else combined. If this isn't brutal, I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

20k is for 200 flags. The ratio is the same.

Just now, Bartozio said:

I don't think the multiplier for flags inresead. You can spend 200 flags in one battle though, so maybe you missread?

Ah, then I misread when I was voting. Thank you both! Camilla's score is insane...o.o;