Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

My point exactly.  I wasn't very active during Chrom vs Ephraim because I was on Team Chrom

Yeah, the thread did seem to favor Ephraim, but at least, for however short a period, Chrom seemed to have earned some respect.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just like Minerva, to be honest. Yeah, Mystery most popular FE in Japan yada yada… but were she not a good unit in Heroes, her popularity would certainly have plummeted.

SF isn't really representative of anything, methinks.

SF is representative of people on SF! But yeah, that's about it.

7 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

I wrote a grueling college paper on FE Heroes, and I can tell you that there is so much known of the game and the fanbase by memebers of the community but so relatively little of that is documented in a credible source. That's the problem with all of internet culture, it moves faster than reliable sources can cover it. Only the people directly involved can speak effectivley on developments, and even then you can only get that users experience.

I can tell you with certainty though that Julia is one of the more well liked in arena from what I have seen. I can also tell you that everything on a forum that isn't related to math or in-game mechanics (I.e Ice Dragon's stats and calculations or the Skill Inheritance guide of what you can and can't do) is entirely speculation by the community based on observed facts and previous occurences.

Sure, that's all well and good, but you made substantive claims concerning the fanbase, and I was wondering if you had any actual evidence for it, other than pure speculation based off of observations of this forum, that's all. This forum has been shown not to be particularly representative of the player base for the game, so it's probably not a good thing to base speculative observations off of. There are plenty of other sites to consider (e.g., Gamefaqs, Reddit), and other factors, such as the fact that most people that play the game probably aren't active on any of these sites.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Like Lucina fans, they were not very active in promoting her like some groups do with their character.

I was Team Lucina, the only promotion her awesomeness needed from me was my unwavering devotion when battling for her cause! I also wasn't active in the forum at the time.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, the thread did seem to favor Ephraim, but at least, for however short a period, Chrom seemed to have earned some respect.

I mainly mean when there were cheating accusations going around

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Oh, that...fun times.

Wonder how bad things will look in the morning? I mean, Robin will probably be dominating his match, but Tharja is the real obstacle here.

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

There are plenty of other sites to consider (e.g., Gamefaqs, Reddit), and other factors, such as the fact that most people that play the game probably aren't active on any of these sites.

Most people that play the game play it casually. Thats why they're casual, because they're the majority. The difference between someone who's casual about a hobby and "hardcore" about a hobby, like a sports fan is that the casuals just do it nonchalantly. They wouldnt go to sports forums or anything. So really, going to any website is only looking at players who are more involved, or at the very least, people who are willing to get more involved by seeking exterior information from outside sources.

In fairness, no SF isnt a good consensus on what FE fans think, or FEH fans. And reddit is more casual, as the people who are immersed in reddit may stop by the FEH subreddit casually.

Too much room for error really. I stand by my statment that both saying Julia wont be popular and saying she might be are both speculative. Neither of us have any quantitative data. Again, thats what a forum is largely based off of outside of the things I mentioned previously.

2 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

Most people that play the game play it casually. Thats why they're casual, because they're the majority. The difference between someone who's casual about a hobby and "hardcore" about a hobby, like a sports fan is that the casuals just do it nonchalantly. They wouldnt go to sports forums or anything. So really, going to any website is only looking at players who are more involved, or at the very least, people who are willing to get more involved by seeking exterior information from outside sources.

In fairness, no SF isnt a good consensus on what FE fans think, or FEH fans. And reddit is more casual, as the people who are immersed in reddit may stop by the FEH subreddit casually.

Too much room for error really. I stand by my statment that both saying Julia wont be popular and saying she might be are both speculative. Neither of us have any quantitative data. Again, thats what a forum is largely based off of outside of the things I mentioned previously.

Wanna flip a coin?

I'd have to agree though, most people on this site in particular will have played more and older games than most other groups of FE fans, so any calculations would likely have to be skewed away from that to be more accurate.

So the gauntlet starts soon eh?

Should I reveal my choice now or wait until after it starts?

34 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Yeah that was quite the fiasco...... I remember when that happened. At least the spontaneous point boost will be expected this time!

Your member title mad me LOL. If this is your last attempt at making me join Leo, its working

Edited by Arcanite

7 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

My first non-introductory post (hello there) and as Tharja supporter I might get on black list of many already:>_<:

Well with bit of luck Sanaki will win it all and I will not have to switch for sexy dark onee-san and face it's consequences...

While I hate and will not support Tharja under any circumstances, I don't generally hate on fans because I (sadly) understand where most of them come from.

25 minutes ago, Astellius said:

You should reveal your support for Merric now!

I'm a Merric supporter. I have sent you a friend request. My name is Rosetta. Team leader is bunny Lucina.

2 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I'm a Merric supporter. I have sent you a friend request. My name is Rosetta. Team leader is bunny Lucina.

Excellent! I accepted. Together, with the guidance of the Excalibur tome, we shall forge the path to our inexorable victory!

18 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Excellent! I accepted. Together, with the guidance of the Excalibur tome, we shall forge the path to our inexorable victory!

Thanks!:lol:

Merric is such an underrated character in Heroes. First of all, he deserves better drawing. Look at how handsome (and cute :D) he is in New Mystery!

He's gentle, yet strong in mind.

He's intellectual: in a conversation with Linde, he mentioned he studied magic and wrote thesis during the war.

He cares so much about Elice.

He is an ideal boyfriend.:wub:

merric.png

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Not our fault that she's such a controversial character...

Still, it would be nice if people could post here and not feel like they'll be judged just because they happen to like the popular character, whatever the reason.

Edited by Frenzify

WHY did they pit Leo against Henry??? Oh, this will be hard. I'll have to flip a coin to decide which to support, cuz I love them both equally. "OTL

Aaaaand it took me until the last possible minute to nail down my decision on who to join for the first round. I don't have her but its Team Julia for this round at least! I've got my beefed up Seliph as my rep ready to be a supportive big brother. :U

So uh, a few weeks back, I got arena happy and used all my dueling crests . . . so I can't complete the flags quests . . . I also don't have a significant amount of Nintendo points before you ask. Is it possible to delink my Heroes account and relink it to another Nintendo account so I can get more points and redeem more crests?

In the end, I couldn't help but pick Merric. Especially since he's not facing Leo right away. I'll definitely throw my support behind Leo when if Merric falls, but for now, I stand by our wind mage. :^_^:

Incidentally, my friend ID is 7908155030 if anybody wants to add me - just let me know so I don't disregard the request as a random invite.

9 minutes ago, Iris said:

So uh, a few weeks back, I got arena happy and used all my dueling crests . . . so I can't complete the flags quests . . . I also don't have a significant amount of Nintendo points before you ask. Is it possible to delink my Heroes account and relink it to another Nintendo account so I can get more points and redeem more crests?

No

its only possible with a nintendo network id. you can link that one to another mynintendo account. fe heroes is stuck with your  mynintendo forever