Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Oh so you didn't go for the sell-out this time eh?

Yeah my horse team needs work too, and I have everything needed to complete it!

I am also waiting for Camus and Xander!

Is Xander worth it? He is a free unit.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so you didn't go for the sell-out this time eh?

I'm a mercenary at heart.  Show up and work with me, and I shall support you with all that I have~!

In this case, Tharja didn't appear.  It's for the best.  If she was a 5* with a bad boon/bane, she would've handed her tome to Leo before leaving.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Is Xander worth it? He is a free unit.

He's sort of like Hector with a sword and a horse (assuming Xander is 5*).

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Oh man now we've got people saying flags in place of feathers too! This gauntlet's doing it to everyone now!

At some point, I decided I'd switch them both in all of my posts. I also used "flathers" and "feags" a couple times, you know, a merger of the words, but no one seemed to notice. *Sigh*

Yeah my horse team needs work too, and I have everything needed to complete it!

I am also waiting for Camus and Xander!

Well, we have Xander now, but Camus needs to get his horse over here already!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm a mercenary at heart.  Show up and work with me, and I shall support you with all that I have~!

In this case, Tharja didn't appear.  It's for the best.  If she was a 5* with a bad boon/bane, she would've handed her tome to Leo before leaving.

My 5* Tharja did so regardless (she might've actually had a decent nature, I don't remember so good). Instead of Leo, it was Lilina. Teach them to not give me Sanaki...

Though yes, after Round 1, I did side with the team whose mascot I had since the first summon: Robin, you're up.

Finished burning my flags. There was no point in holding onto any.

Hopefully the next gauntlet won't have obvious winners or hated characters as a winner for a change.

(And now for something completely different...)

Looks like the only way to get ranked in Cumulative is to side with whoever has the disadvantage so they can take advantage of the multiplier. I managed to show up for a multiplier once, but only got one round in (since I was Team!Robin the entire time.) Then again, I wasn't using a Robin for pure optimization since I didn't have a 5* Robin, so I just did other stuff instead.

Getting a good Cumulative score is better than just winning a mere 500 feathers for winning rounds 1 and 2 (for 1,000 total). Not only that, but taking advantage of the multipliers will also increase one's own personal score for that round, earning yet even more feathers. So, I guess for maximum feather gain, side with the "losing side," and exploit the multiplier if the mechanic decides to stay around.

As for the mechanic itself, while the numbers were closer, I really didn't feel any "epic battle" when I was tagging along Team Robin. Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention to this gauntlet like I did with Ephraim, but I still feel Ephraim vs Chrom was the best thing ever and may not be repeated again...

I'm going to have 10 flags left at the end, oops.

My apathy towards this final matchup has really not given me much incentive to keep playing this regularly.

1 minute ago, Sire said:

As for the mechanic itself, while the numbers were closer, I really didn't feel any "epic battle" when I was tagging along Team Robin. Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention to this gauntlet like I did with Ephraim, but I still feel Ephraim vs Chrom was the best thing ever and may not be repeated again...

Yeah, like I said the other day I think the 3x multiplier was a bandaid fix, but it just made things meh in a different way. It just gave an illusion of closeness, and even if it had caused a last minute upset during any of the battles it would have just seemed kind of lame. Chrom vs Ephraim was great since it was a honest straight up match that still managed to be close.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, like I said the other day I think the 3x multiplier was a bandaid fix, but it just made things meh in a different way. It just gave an illusion of closeness, and even if it had caused a last minute upset during any of the battles it would have just seemed kind of lame. Chrom vs Ephraim was great since it was a honest straight up match that still managed to be close.

What the multiplier did was not change the match-ups at all, but it helped prevent bandwagoning on the predicted winner. I think that, along with the decrease in the victory bonus, made the comeback multiplier mechanic a success.

1 minute ago, Magnux7 said:

Holy shit guys!! Robin actually gained more points than Tharja last hour even without multiplier! 0.0 Wtf that's the first time in this match.

A bit late though, don't you think Robin? xD

It's probably because of people like me who only had 400 flags left and burned them all before the end of the gauntlet.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the multiplier did was not change the match-ups at all, but it helped prevent bandwagoning on the predicted winner. I think that, along with the decrease in the victory bonus, made the comeback multiplier mechanic a success.

Did the victory bonus get decreased? I never noticed because I was never on a winning team. :[

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Did the victory bonus get decreased? I never noticed because I was never on a winning team. :[

Same 500 it's always been, but you take a huge hit to overall scoring without it.

Said it before, but I'm confident IS knew the multiplier was just for hype and feather distribution rather than attempting to "balance" a popular vote with a clear favorite.

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

No, it's still 500 feathers, like it always was.

3 minutes ago, a bear said:

Same 500 it's always been, but you take a huge hit to overall scoring without it.

Yeah, I thought so.

1 minute ago, Magnux7 said:

If Robin had scored as much as he did last hour, throughout the match, he could have beaten Tharja :P 

Don't get why people are saving it all for now?

Probably hoping for another multiplier and just using them when there wasn't one