Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Frenzify said:

I can probably go back and check, but who are you going to be fighting for, and why isn't it Tharja? :D

I'm not sure on this one :(

Robin and Leo are the top competitors, but I don't feel particularly interested in either of them. I might go Julia too........

I have my own Tharja, actually, but I don't like supporting the "sell-out". Is it weird that I don't hate Tharja at all though?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Robin and Leo are the top competitors, but I don't feel particularly interested in either of them. I might go Julia too........

I have my own Tharja, actually, but I don't like supporting the "sell-out". Is it weird that I don't hate Tharja at all though?

Fair enough. That's part of the reason I didn't support Camilla, too, so I can't argue against that. And considering her popularity, I wouldn't say it's too weird to not hate her. Although, most views I've seen are either on one side or the other.

Well, if you're not going with Tharja, I'd recommend Robin, because then she probably won't kill you... gruesomely. :p

I'm actually joining Team Robin bcuz I actually happen to like him the most out of all the mages right now he's the team that will cause the 2nd most salt. I would join Tharja but I don't have her at all.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm actually joining Team Robin bcuz I actually happen to like him the most out of all the mages right now he's the team that will cause the 2nd most salt. I would join Tharja but I don't have her at all.

Hmm, a potential ally. Except I would not join Tharja.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I also have a Tharja, but forget her. I'm going Julia! For Naga! 

5 hours ago, Frenzify said:

To be fair, if Nyx was here, I'd be torn, and she's definitely amongst the least... "endowed" fire emblem characters.

You should join Merric, he's not "endowed" at all!

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, this one didn't have any obvious choice for me either. My choice was decided based on who I had at the time, which was Merric and Henry. Now, the choice there is obvious! I've since drawn a Robin, so that might be the path I follow, once Merric gets tired of winning.

I also like Tharja, and married her once or twice if you count Rhajat, but I don't have her so, oh well! Plus, the feathers are better on the losing side.

I will probably join team Merric because I have him in 5* and Nino isn't an option, though when he eventually loses I will probably join Tharja because she is the only other unit I have in this gauntlet and I don't have a problem with her character. (unlike Camilla) 

12 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I will probably join team Merric because I have him in 5* and Nino isn't an option, though when he eventually loses I will probably join Tharja because she is the only other unit I have in this gauntlet and I don't have a problem with her character. (unlike Camilla) 

Welcome to the team! We have cookies and boss robes. And Nino should've been in this, I think a lot of people here would've joined her side immediately. I think that would've made things more interesting.

35 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Welcome to the team! We have cookies and boss robes. And Nino should've been in this, I think a lot of people here would've joined her side immediately. I think that would've made things more interesting.

It really is a shame Nino was excluded from this gauntlet. As my first promoted 5 star and an integral part of my arena team, I honestly would've betrayed Leo been one of those who would join her team without much thought. I would just not feel right backing anyone other than her with how much work she has put in for me. I also find it weird that we are three gauntlets in and we still haven't had even one Elibe character in a gauntlet. I mean there's only like 30 of them in the game at this point but oh well.

FE Heroes hates Elibe, apparently. That, or they're just afraid of Elibe ... maybe because Lyn could give Lucina a run for her money.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

FE Heroes hates Elibe, apparently. That, or they're just afraid of Elibe ... maybe because Lyn could give Lucina a run for her money.

I wouldn't say they hate it considering how represented it is. Lyn vs. Lucina would probably be one of the closest blowout competitions there could be (blowout meaning lots of people not necessarily a landslide victory). I guess it would mostly boil down to how many people voted for both (I was going to until the midterm results came out and switched to only Lucina), and who they would pick when they can only pick one. That and if one of them faced a competent opponent first.

As a member of team Ephraim and team Minerva, I honestly don't know which team I'm gonna choose.

Sanaki: Actually the only character from this banner that I know,since I've played PoR and RD. She is a good character,plus her theme song is amazing!! A possible choice

Linde: I haven't played any of her games,so...

Julia: The same from above

Tharja: Yet,the same from above,but I've pulled her as a 5* with Spd+ Def- arguably the best IV. She is the strongest member of my team by far,maybe I'll enter team Tharja

Merric: The Same from above Tharja

Leo:The same from above

Robin: The same from above(probable winner,but I don't care about this)

Henry: The same from above

1 minute ago, Ace Pelleas said:

As a member of team Ephraim and team Minerva, I honestly don't know which team I'm gonna choose.

If in doubt, join Julia! Ephraim was cool, Minerva was cool, Julia is cool.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

If in doubt, join Julia! Ephraim was cool, Minerva was cool, Julia is cool.

Probably gonna join Team Sanaki, I only supported Minerva because I had no idea of which unit to choose! And when I quoted this on the other Voting Gauntlet discussion somebody quoted me directly and said to support Minerva! Actually I've decided to support Sanaki,because she is the only character I know,even though Tharja is my best unit! But if Team Sanaki is defeated I'll consider joining Team Julia

1 hour ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Actually I've decided to support Sanaki

A fine choice indeed, the Begnion army welcomes you with open arms. Our empress will lead us to victory!

Also, why do you think M!Robin is the likely winner? I can see him pulling of a suprise victory, but Tharja should be far more popular.

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The gauntlet just "hates" Elibe. Elibe characters have been in plenty of focus banners and FE7 even got its own banner that had six characters (while PoR only got four characters for whatever reason. Why couldn't two more of the Greil Mercs be in the PoR banner to equal the FE7 one, really...?). So Heroes as a whole doesn't really hate Elibe, it's just the gauntlet that excludes it for whatever reason.

And even as an Elibe hater, I do find this puzzling.

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The one time I would support the "sell-out" is if it were Lyn XD

She's my first five star so I got to do something special for her!

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The one time I would support the "sell-out" is if it were Lyn XD

She's my first five star so I got to do something special for her!

But would Lyn still be considered a sell-out if she's up against Lucina?

19 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But would Lyn still be considered a sell-out if she's up against Lucina?

I know the Choose Your Legends results haven't always been reflected in the gauntlets so far (namely Chrom losing to Ephraim when Chrom finished higher than him in CoY), but even if you add the votes Lucina got as Masked Marth she would still place below Lyn. Granted, it wouldn't be by much though (1,622 votes to be exact). At any rate, I'm not looking forward to seeing Lyn in a gauntlet as she ranks among my most despised characters in the series. I was perfectly fine watching Lucina, Camilla and likely Tharja steamroll their opponents but I will feel nothing but salt watching Lyn do the same especially if she stomps on a character I like.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know the Choose Your Legends results haven't always been reflected in the gauntlets so far (namely Chrom losing to Ephraim when Chrom finished higher than him in CoY), but even if you add the votes Lucina got as Masked Marth she would still place below Lyn. Granted, it wouldn't be by much though (1,622 votes to be exact). At any rate, I'm not looking forward to seeing Lyn in a gauntlet as she ranks among my most despised characters in the series. I was perfectly fine watching Lucina, Camilla and likely Tharja steamroll their opponents but I will feel nothing but salt watching Lyn do the same especially if she stomps on a character I like.

Well, I know Lyn beat Lucina, but I figured they are close enough in popularity that there wouldn't be a clear winner when they go up against each other. As long as there's no clear favourite, there's no sell out, right?

and...., how could you not like Lyn? She's the first waifu (for the western audience)! To each their own I guess.

Spoiler

I will enjoy your missary when the time comes.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Like I mentioned earlier, it would probably be close. 1,622 votes might not be that much considering on how their supporters split, and some have mentioned how they didn't vote Lucina since they thought she was a shoe-in.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well, I know Lyn beat Lucina, but I figured they are close enough in popularity that there wouldn't be a clear winner when they go up against each other. As long as there's no clear favourite, there's no sell out, right?

and...., how could you not like Lyn? She's the first waifu (for the western audience)! To each their own I guess.

Reveal hidden contents

I will enjoy your missary when the time comes.

I personally like her okay (less so since the CYL ballot), but I really was kind of surprised she has so much support. Even if she was the first lord in the West, one would think that was still a relatively small number compared to anything Awakening related. She was an assist in Smash, but Lucina was a fighter (granted, a clone). I can't quite figure out how she got so popular, and while anti-Lucina campaigning may have helped, I wonder if it was really enough to bolster her vote that much. The high dress split probably helped though.