Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Any Merric supporters here? I need one on my friends list bad... and looks like somehow none of mine are. >.<

Heroes ErrantShepherd FC “Errant”: 8613335438
Gonna just toss this out there... Cuz why not?

Currently Zephiel as lead, but can Change that to Nino, Eirika, Ninian, Sharena, Kagero... whoever.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Woooh, Team Linde is now even with team Tharja, we might have a chance after all (:

You say that but it really seems to be who manages to get the 3x multiplier last. Otherwise, it's a pattern.

Tharja will pull ahead, Linde gets 3x multiplier, Tharja gets 3x multiplier, Linde gets 2 3x multipliers, both characters tie, repeat.

Edited by Falcom

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The more popular characters are supposed to win. That's the whole point of this. Making a popularity contest nothing but a coin flip completely ruins everything

It was already ruined.  Ruining it some more can only fix it.

1 minute ago, Sayyyaka said:

It was already ruined.  Ruining it some more can only fix it.

No, just because Lucina and Camilla won does not mean it was ruined. It just means the most popular characters won. AKA - the whole reason the voting gauntlet exists in the first place.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

No, just because Lucina and Camilla won does not mean it was ruined. It just means the most popular characters won. AKA - the whole reason the voting gauntlet exists in the first place.

I wasn't being serious.  And while you're right that them winning doesn't ruin it, them being pitted against much less popular characters does.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

They were also utterly predictable and boring winners. It made the gauntlet less exciting than it could've been. Far less exciting. The only awesome matchup we got was Ephraim vs Chrom.

The x3 multiplier has made this more competitive and fun.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It is kind of funny to see Henry be down by 40 MIL then back up 8 MIL every couple hours XD

The final x3 Bonus is gonna be eventful

Arguably the nest part of the VG is to fight for your favourite character. Before this update people would bandwagon with clear winners. I do like this caws it does give more reason to side with favourites, since the winners isn't as clear. I think the last few hours will be quite exciting.

1 minute ago, Sayyyaka said:

I wasn't being serious.  And while you're right that them winning doesn't ruin it, them being pitted against much less popular characters does.

Well yeah, the match-ups were pretty dumb.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

They were also utterly predictable and boring winners. It made the gauntlet less exciting than it could've been. Far less exciting. The only awesome matchup we got was Ephraim vs Chrom.

It's not designed to be exciting. I would have to say that this yo-yo gauntlet is much less exciting and fun.

Now the Chrom v Ephraim match-up was legitimately exciting. And completely real. Something like that will never happen again if the 3x bonus stays. It will just be a matter of whoever gets the bonus last.

I'm hoping that the 9th gauntlet will feature the 8 previous winners. That way, every team should be fairly popular picks and there would be much closer votes.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's not designed to be exciting.

...What? Seriously, what? This makes zero sense. Why would something like this purposely not be designed to be exciting and fun?

8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's not designed to be exciting. I would have to say that this yo-yo gauntlet is much less exciting and fun.

Now the Chrom v Ephraim match-up was legitimately exciting.

So you're saying, because they now have the x3 bonus they are forcing artificial Chrom vs. Ephraim match-ups which makes them less fun by comparison?

I can understand that.

11 minutes ago, komasa said:

Arguably the nest part of the VG is to fight for your favourite character. Before this update people would bandwagon with clear winners. I do like this caws it does give more reason to side with favourites, since the winners isn't as clear. I think the last few hours will be quite exciting.

I don't even have a favorite character.... I did it just caws

Edited by ArCAWnite

17 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

Why didn't you crow to team robin then?

It's amazing how puns can make me want Henry to go through, just so Tharja can annihilate him to the point he won't find anything funny again.

Anyway, she may be the popular choice, but she's still my favourite character in the gauntlet, and I always go with my favourites... except that one time I went with Lucina... But it was the first gauntlet! No one knew just how much of a bloodbath it was going to be... I didn't know! D:

15 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This 3x comeback shit is soooooo stupid. I joined Sanaki 2 hours ago because she was losing. 1st battle was considered same even though she was down by like 30 million. 2nd battle, she was down 60ish million so I got the 3x and spent some flags. Now after the 3rd battle Sanaki is winning by 140 million.

The more popular characters are supposed to win. That's the whole point of this. Making a popularity contest nothing but a coin flip completely ruins everything.

Regardless, people are only going to be using flags when their team is down, so every single match-up is going to see these yo-yo like flips constantly. The gap is just going to get larger and larger with each flip. As long as enough people on the more popular team saves enough flags for the right times they will still win. However is a losing team has the 3x bonus during the final 30 mins of a round and everyone waits for it and then uses 200 flags at the last minute, the less popular character can still win.

I really hope they turn off the 3x bonus for the last few hours of every round.

Assuming players for both teams only use flags when they have the 3× bonus, which is an entirely reasonable assumption, the team with more players is still going to win. Three times a bigger number is still bigger than three times a smaller number.

Who has the bonus for the last hour of voting (the bonus lasts for exactly 1 hour at a time starting at the score update and ending or being refreshed at the next score update) only matters for close matches. If the match would have already been a blow-out, the favorite would only fail to win if too many of their supporters spent flags without the bonus.

Our goddess protected my Julia/Nino/Hector team and let them go deathless against a Karel/Ryoma/Lyn team. Praise be to Julia. 

9 minutes ago, komasa said:

Yes it's so much fun this time! That could be because I care a lot more this time, but ever match is at least semi competitive for the first time which makes each battle matter more than it did before. 

8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If it wasn't meant to be exciting we wouldn't have a gauntlet in the first place, but just some random choose your fave poll. And as much as this new system adds some big unpredictability, people are still playing. They can still fight for better results with careful use of flags, choose challenging characters as lead to make their opponents life tougher and their allies easier and all that,

So yeah, IMO it's still pretty real. Only the rules have changed.

Edited by r4v1sh

Just now, Frenzify said:

It's amazing how puns can make me want Henry to go through, just so Tharja can annihilate him to the point he won't find anything funny again.

Don't come crowing to me when Tharja gets smacked up and out of exixtence

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Our goddess protected my Julia/Nino/Hector team and let them go deathless against a Karel/Ryoma/Lyn team. Praise be to Julia. 

I'm doing the cheese strat and using a level 1 Henry to pair up with the OP OP people I keep getting XD

1 minute ago, ArCAWnite said:

Don't come crowing to me when Tharja gets smacked up and out of exixtence

I'm doing the cheese strat and using a level 1 Henry to pair up with the OP OP people I keep getting XD

Wow. I'm over here trying my best with ridiculous max si units and ur doing that.....

Oh well, it's worth it for the bonus unit points, otherwise I'd do the same thing :P

Just now, immatx said:

Wow. I'm over here trying my best with ridiculous max si units and ur doing that.....

Oh well, it's worth it for the bonus unit points, otherwise I'd do the same thing :P

I'd train up my henry if I wanted to, but after this he's gonna be fodder anyway so why bother? LOL

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How can you call it competitive when the only reason the loser is winning is because of some ridiculous crutch mechanic? 

Tharja: 2,251,879,676

Linde: 2,175,045,600

I know people have said that the most popular will still win, but I still have the feeling this system will screw some matches over.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming players for both teams only use flags when they have the 3× bonus, which is an entirely reasonable assumption, the team with more players is still going to win. Three times a bigger number is still bigger than three times a smaller number.

Who has the bonus for the last hour of voting (the bonus lasts for exactly 1 hour at a time starting at the score update and ending or being refreshed at the next score update) only matters for close matches. If the match would have already been a blow-out, the favorite would only fail to win if too many of their supporters spent flags without the bonus.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's still very much a popularity contest and less of a coin flip than it seems. Especially since there's a limited amount of flags, the team with more people will always have the advantage.