Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Sanaki just went from winning by 140 million to losing by 200 million...

Just now, orca said:

How can you call it competitive when the only reason the loser is winning is because of some ridiculous crutch mechanic? 

This exactly. This is exactly why Mario Kart will never be considered a truely competitive racing game, and why competitive smash has all items off.

Random come-back mechanics are not competitve in any way.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, orca said:

How can you call it competitive when the only reason the loser is winning is because of some ridiculous crutch mechanic? 

It's more competitive than the previous two gauntlets were! They had nearly all big blowout matches.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Henry vs Leo update:

575,716,425 Henry

513,977,819 Leo

Well we'll never know who's crowing to win at this rate!

Just now, orca said:

It really all comes down to the final boost. Not to mention people have to spend all their flags at the x3 bonus for maximum efficiency. If team Leo never gets a chance at the x3, they won't be able to close the gap that Henry cawsed. At the same time, the sheer amount of numbers Leo has can bring them back if they ever get their cr-own x3 bonus.That seems slightly competitive right?

Welp, Julia has taken the lead again. Come on Team Sanaki. We still got like a day left to catch up.

3 minutes ago, Ralphophoulous said:

#Julia_never_got_lost_on_a_boat

#JuliaNeverGotLostOnABoat

That's how you do hashtags.

1 hour ago, Namarid said:

You think that's funny? I've received a friend request from someone on team Leo who had a takumi. Ever since i accepted it he's been showing up and making my battles a whole lot easier. The best characters of fates are a good duo

41 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I go team Leo, because this poor boy need some supports even if know he is not going to go to the finals. My first fight was a win, I ended with a Takumi as ally and everything was good!

If you want... I could add you guys... 9243988950

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've been using @TheTuckingFypo's Takumi, been making battles go quite splendidly when he shows up.

Glad to be of service.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They were also utterly predictable and boring winners. It made the gauntlet less exciting than it could've been. Far less exciting. The only awesome matchup we got was Ephraim vs Chrom.

The x3 multiplier has made this more competitive and fun.

That match will reign supreme. Forever.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Sanaki just went from winning by 140 million to losing by 200 million...

Which matters why?

In the end, the side that spends more flags will win. Whether they spend their flags at the beginning of the match or at the end doesn't matter as long as they wait for their team to fall at a disadvantage to spend them.

If you guys keep this up, you'll caws Henry to become my least favourite FE character...

And I hated writing that pun by the way. I hated it because it was stupid and made me smile. Damn you Henry!

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This exactly. This is exactly why Mario Kart will never be considered a truely competitive racing game, and why competitive smash has all items off.

Random come-back mechanics are not competitve in any way.

You can't compare this to Mario Kart or Smash at all. Their items are a lot more crutchy than this x3 bonus is (for example, the fan can be stupidly annoying in Smash and in Mario Kart, the Bullet Bill is almost an automatic guaranteed jump to 1st). And seriously, if you don't like it go away and don't participate. Let us have our fun and go find fun in something else.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

It really all comes down to the final boost. Not to mention people have to spend all their flags at the x3 bonus for maximum efficiency. If team Leo never gets a chance at the x3, they won't be able to close the gap that Henry cawsed. At the same time, the sheer amount of numbers Leo has can bring them back if they ever get their cr-own x3 bonus.That seems slightly competitive right?

If you really want to score an upset, people need to stop blowing all of their flags whenever they are losing. If everyone keeps doing the no flag option, the losing team will stay the losing team after every update but htey will slowly close the gap each time. Then near the end, they all use 200 flags and bam. Upset city.

If you really want to score an upset, people need to stop blowing all of their flags whenever they are losing. If everyone keeps doing the no flag option, the losing team will stay the losing team after every update but htey will slowly close the gap each time. Then near the end, they all use 200 flags and bam. Upset city.

That's actually a pretty good strategy... Too bad it's impossible (I would go as far as to say literally) to coordinate any of the teams for a strategy like that.

44 minutes ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Any Merric supporters here? I need one on my friends list bad... and looks like somehow none of mine are. >.<

Heroes ErrantShepherd FC “Errant”: 8613335438
Gonna just toss this out there... Cuz why not?

Currently Zephiel as lead, but can Change that to Nino, Eirika, Ninian, Sharena, Kagero... whoever.

Sent. Looking for blue or colourless, but not really a huge deal for me to get them myself, as well. I've currently got Reinhardt as my lead. I've got good 5 stars of anything other than colourless, which is pretty ass for my bench. The best I can do if you need colourless is 4* Lissa or 4* Gordin (I also have a 3* Clarine with SI that's comparable to Lissa for support and a much better magic tank; while I do have a semi-recently acquired 5* Jakob, his boon/bane is a little sketchy, IIRC and he's barely trained).

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

This strategy might actually work if ppl knew about it. especially if the opposite team keeps burning their flags once you catch up with no flag burning. 

In other news, i'm currently ranked 3,610 in Sanaki's Army so by the end of this round, i'll have enough Feathers to promote Florina into a 5-Star unit.

I would promote Zephiel or Xander instead but i am actually in desperate need of a blue unit right now. And Florina being one of my favorite FE7 characters is a bonus.

Welp!

Its too bad there is no in-game chat or something! Otherwise I'd tell my crowmies that they need to calm down and save their stuff LOL

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can't compare this to Mario Kart or Smash at all. Their items are a lot more crutchy than this x3 bonus is.

Aside from the fact that there are items, those games also take a level of skill

Whereas any moron with a tongue can cheese it up with a level 1 unit and crownate however many flags they want. I agree with you here.

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

That's actually a pretty good strategy... Too bad it's impossible (I would go as far as to say literally) to coordinate any of the teams for a strategy like that.

2 minutes ago, Solunar said:

This strategy might actually work if ppl knew about it. especially if the opposite team keeps burning their flags once you catch up with no flag burning. 

Exactly, getting 10,000+ people to all do that would be pretty remarkable.

Maybe we can start to sprend the word now and we can score an upset for the final round?

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's a good idea but it's pretty much impossible since the scores only update once per hour.

Just now, Hawk King said:

Exactly, getting 10,000+ people to all do that would be pretty remarkable.

Maybe we can start to sprend the word now and we can score an upset for the final round?

Well that depends.. Are you team Julia? 

9 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Sent. Looking for blue or colourless, but not really a huge deal for me to get them myself, as well. I've currently got Reinhardt as my lead. I've got good 5 stars of anything other than colourless, which is pretty ass for my bench. The best I can do if you need colourless is 4* Lissa or 4* Gordin (I also have a 3* Clarine with SI that's comparable to Lissa for support and a much better magic tank; while I do have a semi-recently acquired 5* Jakob, his boon/bane is a little sketchy, IIRC and he's barely trained).

Cheers, I set Sharena to lead. So that should help with that. Gimme a heads up if you need another color lead switched in.

Reinhardt so good.

15 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

I did some calculations with the limited amount of flags. If the teams are somewhat even in the amount of people it will be competitive. If one team has more than the other by a lot,  assuming everyone uses their flags at each x3, the less popular team will run out of flags first, leaving the more popular team with a much larger advantage. 

It might look like certain teams are even right now, but once flags start running out, we'll see who really has more people on their side. 

4 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Well that depends.. Are you team Julia? 

sorry, Sanaki. Not lucky enough to score a Julia, and I don't really want to spend my orbs  to get her since I already have a good green mage and mages don't give enough score to be viable for getting high score in the arena.

Here I am at work all day, only having played a couple times before work.  I'll see what it looks like when I get home.

I'm Team Leo with Barblade Ursula lead.

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

@Skids you did this to me..i..

9a8912e2253686c74e0794d8d716294c.png

two T-Adept Robins. this Gauntlet is going to have a reverse effect and make me hate Robin now pffjsgl

This is why you should run a Lv 1 Robin. Then your Lv 40 friend can just sweep the whole map with ease.