Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

Just now, Astellius said:

Here's a Google Doc that has all the team scores, along with other data. They keep it up to date, it's fun to be able to see how everyone's doing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jI7MSCI6QuUPxLrQrYOxJk9cfuLuildhKurK-s7aOxE/htmlview?sle=true#

Oh cool, thank you!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord is the Robin vs Merric match-up close! Right now we're winning against the Wind Mage but the difference is small. I'm afraid the x3 Bonus will end up biting us in the ass, so I'm not letting up in the flag spending! But this match up is hype! I'm almost tempted to draw something!

We will prove some measly winds are no match for a solid strategy!

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

We're still in the lead by a notable margin. Can any1 explain how the x3 bonus works? Does it only come to action whenever there's a huge gap in scores?

When scores are tallied on the hour, if a team is at a disadvantage (score is less than 90% of the opponent's score), the losing team gains a 3× score bonus for any matches won during the hour until the next tally.

OK, so things have slowed down, but holy crap it's close this time. Hell, M!Robin's the furthest ahead (Go Takumi smasher!) and it's still not far off. Though the big numbers are Linde/Tharja right now. I am officially concerned about that bout and afterwards......

3X turnabout might have been tough at first, but it does encourage flag spam sooner than later and actually has seemed to flatten out since.

Edited by Dayni

I've stopped worrying about the x3 system where Tharja is concerned. I'm convinced it will take a bout of unrealistic coordination to beat her at the end, especially if Team Linde get x3 bonuses and drain their flags.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

When scores are tallied on the hour, if a team is at a disadvantage (score is less than 90% of the opponent's score), the losing team gains a 3× score bonus for any matches won during the hour until the next tally.

I get the feeling most matches will come down to just whoever gets that final 3x bonus during the last hour, since they're all being kept to a close back and fourth otherwise. So it's practically a coin flip in that case.

24 minutes ago, komasa said:

There is no Oroboro now... only Crowboro

Crows only flock to embrace true darkness. Prove yourselves Tomatoes Prince of Nohr.

Oboro is still there!!! You cannot take her from meeee!!! And true darkness, eh?

Spoiler

Does my nohr festival fan art of Leo the vampire count?  Prob not though ???

3 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've stopped worrying about the x3 system where Tharja is concerned. I'm convinced it will take a bout of unrealistic coordination to beat her at the end, especially if Team Linde get x3 bonuses and drain their flags.

Yeah I agree. That would also leave them rather drained of flags for the next round. 

...Wait, aren't we getting more quests for flags once this round is over? It said in the voting gauntlet quests duration that it would last for only a day so I assumed we would get more quest flags once those were over... if not then I need to stop with the flag spam or I won't be able to support Robin later D:

Just now, Doof said:

...Wait, aren't we getting more quests for flags once this round is over? It said in the voting gauntlet quests duration that it would last for only a day so I assumed we would get more quest flags once those were over... if not then I need to stop with the flag spam or I won't be able to support Robin later D:

We got flag quests for each round last time, so I would assume we will.

4 minutes ago, Doof said:

Yes, there are new quests for each round.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

OK, so things have slowed down, but holy crap it's close this time. Hell, M!Robin's the furthest ahead (Go Takumi smasher!) and it's still not far off.

Ah, I see that you too know true of nature of the M! Avatar. :^_^:

17 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Linde still has good chance to turn it around. I wouldn't underestimate them. Or the Tharja haters for that matter.   :dry:

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thx for the answer as usual Dragon.

I would say "Knowing is half the battle" but that it would imply I'm not a strategist. Albeit a horrible one but still....

Edited by Zangetsu

Oh, phew... thank you! I read @immatx's post and I thought "being drained for flags in the next round" meant that we only had the flags from this round to spend on the entire event D:

Spoiler

.....2 fricking Reinhardts. No greens given. CAN'T FUCKING ATTACK ONE BECAUSE MY BEST OFFENCE TO HIM IS GOING TO BE TAKEN OUT BY THE CAMILLA THAT'S ALSO THERE ON ENEMY PHASE!

I hate him. I hate him because I can't put him to sleep and ignore the bastard.

(Sorry, just faced one of the most frustrating combinations I've seen just now. Kinda need to vent somewhere.)

Move along, nothing to see. Just impotent tears.

Also, wow I'm pretty impressed that the Leo/Henry and Julia/Sanaki fights are that close.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, wow I'm pretty impressed that the Leo/Henry and Julia/Sanaki fights are that close.

Robin and Merric is pretty close too. Several times Merric pulls a little ahead of Robin and then Robin gets the advantage later. 

Looks to me like Tharja's true main competition is Linde. One of those two might win, but I'm hope Robin can tactically win this Gauntlet. 

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Send a request!

Right now my Oboro is my main character, but which could be better for this gautlet? I also can use my Takumi, Linde, Nino, Michalis. Who can be more helpfull in this mage battle?

Anything helps. 

Spoiler

I'm actually ranked number 46 in the entire army so I don't think I need to worry... 

I hope my Takumi helps.

13 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Archanea finals, you heard it here first folks

Can this be real? Honestly, this would be a dream come true ;v;

10 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Reveal hidden contents

J0NIJKb.png

Screw you Glac.

Signed the RNG >~>

IS THAT MY MICHALIS?!!!

I went to bed, woke up, and found that Sanaki and Julia are pretty much neck-and-neck although Julia is still winning by a little.

Also, I continue to have only one friend on my friend list who is on team Sanaki, but I am perfectly fine with this. His Reinhardt deletes things that are not green off the map, and I have Sanaki for the greens anyway.