Theres no end game content keeping us interested

I actually really do like fire emblem games as a whole and always have. This mobile game was really good to begin with, i was hooked. As soon as i reached level 40 with my first characters and beat campaign there was absolutely nothing to do. Our only options are try to train lower characters which is gets boring and repetitive. No events? No Cool item to grind towards? Maybe introduce gear that comes in events or something. Also its Only a month of missions which gets completed in a week then back to leveling again i guess. but that seems pointless because they get to level 20 quick and you won't have feathers to make a 5* character by then. I understand this game is new but its extremely lacking content to the point i almost unistalled. But it was the same way with final fantasy brave exvius, look at that game now its so many things to do i cant stay off my phone, hopefully fire emblem does the same. Also orbs are barely given which will make this game pay to win in the future. which will lower its rating and force players to stop playing because they dont want buy heroes everyday. Once you beat campaign its no more free orbs. Maybe 5 a month doing missions. Its pretty bad. I really hope the next update brings alot. I look forward to it because this game has so much potential. 

Edited by Thegamingprodigy51

And your point is...?

Seems to me like there was no good reason to post this, it's literally just a complaint which, mind you, is kinda inaccurate, considering all the things others are spending their time doing, even besides grinding 

It's not for everyone. I've found there's plenty to keep me interested in building up my collection of characters and perfecting them as much as possible.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Skill Inheritance is the current endgame.

I'm not stopping until:

1. I become Hokage

1. I get to top 10k in the arena at least

2. Oboro is fully decked out.

3. I get a CYL Focus character (LYN I LOVE YOU)

There's Voting Gauntlets, quests, Arena, and even new paralogues, xenologues, Grand Hero Battles, and story chapters to keep you occupied.

And there's also saving up resources for a specific character you want and grinding up characters you already have so that you'd be prepared for different situations (such as Infantry/Horse/Flier/Armor Emblem quests).

There's also going to be a new game mode coming soon which features a version of permadeath.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Arenas getting updated to bring you that sweet sweet orb action. And it's getting updated with some new maps. I used to hate PVP, but now I find it one of the more frustrating exciting things. 

It's a Gatcha game, you're almost meant to have dryspells. But if you DIDNT have any, when WOULD people grind out their characters? They'd always be playing those lvl 40 chapters and stuff with their maxed out team. The games encouraging you to love more than 4 characters. If that's a bad thing than you need more love in your heart friend.

Everything everyone else said is pretty spot on too.

Edited by rockocalypse

I'm (mostly) F2P. Spent about 30 dollars in orbs yesterday because I just really wanted Ike. He doesn't even fit my team comp! I'm constantly in the upper ranks in Arena and Gauntlets. Is it easier when you pay? Sure. Is it required? Nah. Good units are great, but strategy is just as important.

Everything in this thread I agree with. Not only is there a lot to do, there is a lot coming up. This game has been on the market just barely over three months and look at the constant updates, as well as new features. This is going to be a continuing trend, I'm sure. No doubt this game is making Nintendo crazy cash, and works fantastically as a promotional tool.

Grand Hero Battles? Voting Gauntlets? New heroes every two weeks? They give the fans plenty to keep playing. If you don't like it then go ahead an stop. Just know that there is a lot to keep playing for. You can't say just 5 orbs for monthly quests because they give you plenty of other rewards. For this month, they added even more quests that can get you at least 20 orbs. As a F2Player, I think they're pretty generous with orbs. Would I want more, of course. But the amount they've been giving now is good. Also, what would be the point of making every single unit 5* as soon as they reach Lv 20? That would make the game even more boring and make the excitement of pulling 5*s less.

Do you even check the announcements or anything that the game tells you? Because the Board updates pretty frequently.

I find the game has lots to offer.  But I'll admit I want more.  Personally I would like to see more game modes.  I would love for them to add an endless dungeon... team of four going down!  Likewise this would be fun both as PvE and a PvP mode.  Especially if you don't heal up between maps.

There are some really awesome modes they can and SHOULD add.  

I see your point. There are not so many challenges in endgame besides Arena, in which in you keep mostly fighting meta units. Grand Heros Battles need higher difficulties, while Voting Gauntlets are not always available.

What I play the most is Tenth Stratum. Because of enemy team variations we can encounter there, some matches are challenging to complete without losing an unit. Gringind SP gets a bit more fun there, even if you lose the unit sometimes.

Of course, the game is constantly getting updates, so new modes are sure to be coming. If you stop playing, be sure to check the game back in three months or so. I'm sure it'll have a lot of new content.

I do agree there needs to be more, but the game is still young. We are getting Update 1.3 soon, maybe tomorrow. Also there's the pseudo permadeath mode coming soon, which you can burn stamina on and train loads of heroes.

Right now, I must admit I am finding it hard to think of things to do. There are times when I have 99 stamina, but just can't think of anything I can do. I could train more units, but right now it's not that useful except for doing the Lunatic flier, cavalry and armor quests, but those ones are soul-sucking.

Skill inheritance is fun, but you need orbs and feathers and if you're a F2P player, you can't do anything once you run out and/or you're tactically conserving resources. I really want, say, even just a Nino to play with, but I need to wait for the mage girl banner, because it's in my best interests (I need Linde and Julia too).

On the plus side, I get time to relax with Echoes and Breath of the Wild, haha.

Ill admit i was a bit harsh in my initial post. I just really like the game i feel as it needs more. you guys said huge updates are coming which is great. I wasnt informed. I was speaking from a place of where i have all my materials to unlock potential for all my characters and they are leveled. I can't inherit because i need tons of feathers which ill have to wait weeks for. So right now my only option is to just do my 3 arena daily and wait on feathers. I never said i didnt like the game though i love all fire emblem games. Im a huge fan. Its just to the point where have nothing to do. (Log in, play arena, two tower matches. Log off for the day) When i used to spend hours. 

Edited by Thegamingprodigy51

Content continues to be the primary issue with Heroes, yeah. Unless you need to train someone up, even hard content can be overcome relatively quickly.  Even if they gave a bunch of challenges to every map in the game like Chapter 10 got (and I loved those quests btw) you'd still blow through them in short order. Hopefully the permadeath mode will fix some of these issues. Since its based on score, seems to be a marathon of sorts and has a bunch of prizes, it should provide an interesting challenge you can build your units up for.

Yes. There is no end game content.

.... I mean, what else is there to say? It's true. Once you've got a perfect team that's... More or less it. And getting a "perfect team" is really easy given how generally balanced everything is. I mean sure, getting a 40+5 +att/-spd Reinhardt with death blow will make things a little easier, but it won't be any more effective against Julia than a lvl 40 neutral Reinhardt, or any less effective against ike.

I guess its its just a matter of how much this bothers you.

Edited by dragonlordsd

28 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yes. There is no end game content.

.... I mean, what else is there to say? It's true. Once you've got a perfect team that's... More or less it. And getting a "perfect team" is really easy given how generally balanced everything is. I mean sure, getting a 40+5 +att/-spd Reinhardt with death blow will make things a little easier, but it won't be any more effective against Julia than a lvl 40 neutral Reinhardt, or any less effective against ike.

I guess its its just a matter of how much this bothers you.

In a game centered around horizontal progression instead of vertical progression, the endgame is progressing horizontally. This is why creating a perfect team of 4 units is nowhere near reaching endgame. If you've run out of things to do after you've built your team of 4, then this is not the game for you.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

In a game centered around horizontal progression instead of vertical progression, the endgame is progressing horizontally. This is why creating a perfect team of 4 units is nowhere near reaching endgame. If you've run out of things to do after you've built your team of 4, then this is not the game for you.

Agreed. "Horizontal, not vertical" is a very apt summary.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Getting to level 40 is only the beginning. Skill Inheritance is the current endgame.

That's just grinding SP and getting lucky on getting the units you need (or dropping money for them) for SI.  Not really something "to do" in the long run.

20 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's Voting Gauntlets, quests, Arena, and even new paralogues, xenologues, Grand Hero Battles, and story chapters to keep you occupied.

And there's also saving up resources for a specific character you want and grinding up characters you already have so that you'd be prepared for different situations (such as Infantry/Horse/Flier/Armor Emblem quests).

There's also going to be a new game mode coming soon which features a version of permadeath.

First is only once a month for a bit less than a week.  Second is random on when they're put up beyond the "new month" ones.  Arena is only a few minutes a day unless you're hyper competitive and a whale to allow you to continue spamming swords/orbs to try to get the 100% optimal score.  Paralogues and Xenologues take maybe an hour, tops, and only come out every two weeks or so.  GHBs, if they're difficult, can take some time, but that's only because of waiting for stamina to regen.  Haven't really had a difficult one since Ursula either.  We've had 1 new story chapter in 3 months, and it replaced the paralogue/xenologue for that banner.

"Saving" and "waiting" are not things to do.  In fact, by definition it is to NOT do something.  And we don't know how much replayability the new game mode will have.  It might be one of those things where once you get the top prize, you're done with it.

20 hours ago, rockocalypse said:

It's a Gatcha game, you're almost meant to have dryspells. But if you DIDNT have any, when WOULD people grind out their characters? They'd always be playing those lvl 40 chapters and stuff with their maxed out team. The games encouraging you to love more than 4 characters. If that's a bad thing than you need more love in your heart friend.

The issue is that other gacha games' dryspells are curbed by 1-2 week long events where you're almost ONLY focusing on said event.  FEH doesn't have that.  You do the new content when it comes out and are done by the end of the day.  And even if you spend a lot of time in the Arena, that uses a different resource from standard grinding, so it doesn't really prevent that.  Same with Voting Gauntlets.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

While I agree with that summary, it's not like f2p can just start spending a lot of time making another great unit.  If you're out of orbs or feathers or SI units, you're out of them.  Then what?  Wait a month to get enough feathers to 5-star someone?  How is that "endgame content"?  It's endgame progression, sure, but it isn't content.

11 minutes ago, GinRei said:

While I agree with that summary, it's not like f2p can just start spending a lot of time making another great unit.  If you're out of orbs or feathers or SI units, you're out of them.  Then what?  Wait a month to get enough feathers to 5-star someone?  How is that "endgame content"?  It's endgame progression, sure, but it isn't content.

F2P means no way to grind for orbs, for Hero Merit means it's possible to grind for more feathers as long as you haven't maxed out the feathers for all of your units. Although that's very slow: from what I've gathered, a 4v4 battle of all lv40 units gives 4.60 Hero Merit to each of your characters for a total of 18.4 HM, and HM eventually has a 1:1 translation to feathers, so it takes 1087 of those battles to get 20k feathers to upgrade a unit to 5*.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

F2P means no way to grind for orbs, for Hero Merit means it's possible to grind for more feathers as long as you haven't maxed out the feathers for all of your units. Although that's very slow: from what I've gathered, a 4v4 battle of all lv40 units gives 4.60 Hero Merit to each of your characters for a total of 18.4 HM, and HM eventually has a 1:1 translation to feathers, so it takes 1087 of those battles to get 20k feathers to upgrade a unit to 5*.

That's also 9783 stamina, which is 48915 minutes' worth.  815.25 hours or 33 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes.  And that's not counting stamina you'd use on the GHB, prologues/xenologues/etc that come out every couple of weeks.

So every slightly over a month you can grind out enough feathers to get one extra unit to 5-stars.  Though each time will take 10 units, and you need to make sure that each group of 4 units is good enough to actually clear the map without fail.  Eventually you'll probably run out of teams able to do that and will have to double up on someone who's already capped out, slowing you down quite a bit.  In the long term you'd run out of units, but that's a smaller concern (given how long it'd take) to not being able to field a non-capped team that can still complete the runs.

Though I suppose that IS content you can do at endgame, so it counts.

4 minutes ago, GinRei said:

That's also 9783 stamina, which is 48915 minutes' worth.  815.25 hours or 33 days, 23 hours, 15 minutes.  And that's not counting stamina you'd use on the GHB, prologues/xenologues/etc that come out every couple of weeks.

So every slightly over a month you can grind out enough feathers to get one extra unit to 5-stars.  Though each time will take 10 units, and you need to make sure that each group of 4 units is good enough to actually clear the map without fail.  Eventually you'll probably run out of teams able to do that and will have to double up on someone who's already capped out, slowing you down quite a bit.  In the long term you'd run out of units, but that's a smaller concern (given how long it'd take) to not being able to field a non-capped team that can still complete the runs.

Though I suppose that IS content you can do at endgame, so it counts.

Yeah. Technically possible, but absurdly slow.

Of course, most of the time we all have some amount of feathers from other sources, so at any given time, the next 5* promotion isn't nearly that far away.

Speaking of no content, I actually feel somewhat baffled by how they left the game for today.  No arena, gauntlet isn't until Friday, 1.5x exp event means less SP which for most people is bad, no new quests.  Unless you've been slacking off or can't do some of those tower quests there isn't really anything to do but grind SP in the tower, which kind of sucks since double SP event is over.  

Unless you aren't an avid player, and have quite a bit left to do, in which case I envy you because I'd like something to do myself.

2 hours ago, GinRei said:

That's just grinding SP and getting lucky on getting the units you need (or dropping money for them) for SI.  Not really something "to do" in the long run.

The issue is that other gacha games' dryspells are curbed by 1-2 week long events where you're almost ONLY focusing on said event.  FEH doesn't have that. 

To have a "Dream build" of a favorite character, we should consider the process that goes into that when it comes to Skill inheritance for F2P players. First, it's strongest to start with your lowest ranked version of the unit, get that to 40. Then, after promotion rinse and repeat. That way you have maximum SP for all and any skills. Like in all Gatcha games, then you just wait for the right units with the right skills to drop.

Also, that permadeath thing wont be less than 1-2 weeks.

Voting gauntlets are about a week long. If you're aiming for a really high overall ranking, that will be your ONLY focus. 

I guess to fully enjoy this game you have to fully enjoy aspects of FE outside of core gameplay. I.e Arena (essentially grinding), characters, art, personality and music. (A strong love for a couple characters ought to make grinding a joy for you. I love just spending time with Beruka, Eldigan, Caeda and many others.)

The game certainly needs MORE stuff to do besides grinding. More opportunities and more balance and crafting. By balance I mean those badges that you earn. I have earned way more badges in a month that I will be able to use in a year. Literally thousands of small badges and hundreds of the bigger ones. It should be possible to send them home for feathers or do something else with it. Crafting could be great too, sort of like being able to upgrade to a 5star weapon while keeping that 4star hero and paying like a hundred great badges or 500 small ones. Other than that they just keep piling up. Or exchange them for stamina. That would be cool too.