Wedding Banner Speculation

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Life and death is a definite must for Cordelia.

What about B-slot though?  Everyone is saying Desperation, but I'm not sure she has enough speed.  I don't think she has enough survivability to benefit from Vantage either.  I'm thinking quick riposte, not sure yet though.

The #1 reason to use Desperation is to beat Hector

Hector isn't fast

That said Cordelia have 35-5+5+4 = 39 speed after buff from hs, which is as high as Fury Lucina so its not that low

Edited by JSND

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, out of all four of them, how does Caeda rank in terms of usefulness? I ask because she is the only one I don't have, but I'm not sure if I should try for her.

She's literally Spring Lucina without an OP A slot. Basically she's only "bad' if  you have an optimized Ursula, Reinhardt, Linde, or Olwen or lack a BBlade fodder

Honestly she's probably the "worst" in the banner since Charlotte at least have high attack amongst Lance and Lyn is.... unique

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, out of all four of them, how does Caeda rank in terms of usefulness? I ask because she is the only one I don't have, but I'm not sure if I should try for her.

She could be used as a Blarblade tome user if you don't have Linde or Mae and don't run magic Horse Emblem. +Spd Bride Caeda is the fastest out of all of them (40 Spd cap) but doesn't hit as hard (same Atk as Bunny Lucina).

48 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Where are you seeing this? Desperation is nice but you need to either sacrifice 2 turns or use a Dancer.

Or you just attack someone that can hit you back. Neutral 55 physical bulk or 58 magical bulk is enough to take a single hit from most things.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or you just attack someone that can hit you back. Neutral 55 physical bulk or 58 magical bulk is enough to take a single hit from most things.

Usually when you hit someone and they hit you back, they also survive the combat and you need to move another char in to finish the job (leaving them vulnerable to the units behind) or use a dancer as previously stated. There aren't many units that can counter while you can still quad them for the kill.

If you are using LaD3 (which most Brave+Desperation builds do), your bulk is lowered to 50 and 53. This makes the list of units you can tank even lower. Natural and neutral Ryoma, Fury Xander, natural and neutral Hector, and finally natural and neutral Ike will all kill you on counter. You will kill most mages so it leaves only the dragons to be the ones that you will be able to safely activate Desperation on.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

The #1 reason to use Desperation is to beat Hector

Hector isn't fast

That said Cordelia have 35-5+5+4 = 39 speed after buff from hs, which is as high as Fury Lucina so its not that low

By the time you activate Desperation (turn 3 after combat starts using AS unless you use a dancer), he should be the only char remaining. Might as well have an ATK buff and a precharged Luna from killing beforehand to kill neutral HP/Def Hectors.

If you are going to use the AS and Desperation combo, then use a dancer too. Luckily Olivia is one of the bonus chars!

Edited by Clogon

25 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Usually when you hit someone and they hit you back, they also survive the combat and you need to move another char in to finish the job (leaving them vulnerable to the units behind) or use a dancer as previously stated.

They only survive the combat if you don't double. And if you don't double, Desperation doesn't matter anyway. You can always bait them in on the enemy phase to take the damage. Then your team will be ready to go on the player phase. As long as you can adapt to the situation, there should be no problems getting into Desperation range. And chances are that if you do find yourself unable to get there, that's because the rest of your team is able to kill things more efficiently, without the need for the set-up.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

You can always bait them in on the enemy phase to take the damage. 

With LaD, what can you bait? We are talking about B!Cordelia here. 50 phys and 53 magical bulk before banes. Any Blade or TA Raven tome user will OHKO you, any melee unit will be followed by a mage and any brave bow user will also OHKO you. Julia is literally the only mage you can bait (assuming it is not a +ATK Fury Julia). Heck every phys meta melee has over 50 ATK due to Fury, LAD, Death Blow or a Brave weapon. The dancers and Erika buff bots remain in the back. Once more, Dragons are the only units where you can safely activate Desperation.

The situations where you need Desperation and have a chance to activate it in less than 3 turns are slim to none with B!Cordelia if you do not use a Dancer. Desperation is nice when you have a Dancer to speed it up. But outside of that, I see no reason to give it to LaD Brave B!Cordelia. And since you are running a dancer, you will need that extra deadliness since you lose out on an offensive unit.

Edited by Clogon

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

With LaD, what can you bait? We are talking about B!Cordelia here. 50 phys and 53 magical bulk before banes. Any Blade or TA Raven tome user will OHKO you, any melee unit will be followed by a mage and any brave bow user will also OHKO you. Julia is literally the only thing you can bait (assuming it is not a +ATK Fury Julia). Heck every phys meta melee has over 50 ATK due to Fury or a Brave+Death Blow. The dancers and Erika buff bots remain in the back. Once more, Dragons are the only units where you can "bait".

You can use buffs and spurs on your own characters. No one is going to face tank a melee attacker to get in desperation range. It's going to be other colorless or mages. With fortify and spur Res Bride Cordelia has 61 magical bulk.

If the opponent has melee units with Fury 3 there is absolutely no point to get into Desperation range since they won't be able to counter attack anyway. And any non-Raven tome/TA3 mage is going to die from 2 hits of a Brave bow build so there is no need to activate Desperation there either.

Again, it is about adapting to the situation that is presented to you. B. Cordelia doesn't need to kill all four opponents, and she doesn't even need to kill one of them if the situation calls for it.

34 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You can use buffs and spurs on your own characters. No one is going to face tank a melee attacker to get in desperation range. It's going to be other colorless or mages. With fortify and spur Res Bride Cordelia has 61 magical bulk.

If the opponent has melee units with Fury 3 there is absolutely no point to get into Desperation range since they won't be able to counter attack anyway. And any non-Raven tome/TA3 mage is going to die from 2 hits of a Brave bow build so there is no need to activate Desperation there either.

Again, it is about adapting to the situation that is presented to you. B. Cordelia doesn't need to kill all four opponents, and she doesn't even need to kill one of them if the situation calls for it.

All you are telling me is that Despertion requires a lot of work, a dedicated team and is useless in most scenarios instead of telling me why it is the best B Slot to give her or why I should even do it in the first place. 61 magical bulk will not save you from Blade Tome users. Again what units are you "baiting"? You still have not answered my question. Tell me specifically what these situations where I need Desperation and I can get it activated in less than 3 turns without a dancer. Give me names numbers etc.

Edit:

As I previously stated, Ryoma, Ike, Hector and Fury Xander are the ones that you need Desperation for (there are also some rare Dragon units too). But why should I build a dedicated team to allow Desperation B!Cordelia to kill them instead of using a blue or red unit? Azura or TA Ninian can easily take care of the red lord and TA Olivia can take care of Hector. These are the dancers that are supposed to speed up the Desperation process! Why use B!Cordelia's B slot and waste a turn of the dancer to deal with them?

Edited by Clogon

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

All you are telling me is that Despertion requires a lot of work, a dedicated team and is useless in most scenarios instead of telling me why it is the best B Slot to give her or why I should even do it in the first place. 61 magical bulk will not save you from Blade Tome users. Again what units are you "baiting"? You still have not answered my question. Tell me specifically what these situations where I need Desperation. Give me names numbers etc.

I'm not the one advocating for Desperation. I was just pointing out that it isn't impossible to get into range from baiting in an enemy. As far as I know, All B-slot skills are situational and are only useful for certain enemies, making them useless in most scenarios.

I guess for this specific build, Desperation is for any unit who can counter attack at 2 range, and survive 2 hits from Brave bow+, LaD, B. Cordelia (47 or 50 Atk).

Specifically, this would be Hector, Xander, Ike, Nowi, A. Tiki, and Boey and any physical unit with distant counter inherited like Ephraim, Chrom, Seliph, Y. Tiki, Donnel, Sharena, Spring Chrom, and Lukas. As well as a whole bunch of other +Def builds of characters. Then there is the soon to be released Camus.

I guess you missed the whole reason why I was pointing out the flaws of Desperation since it started at the end of the previous page.

I agree that there are situations where it is warranted. But it is far from being the best B Slot to give her.

34 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Then there is the soon to be released Camus.

Unless they changed his stats (unlikely), Fury will give him enough SPD to not get doubled and OHKO B!Cordelia in return. :(

24 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I guess you missed the whole reason why I was pointing out the flaws of Desperation since it started at the end of the previous page.

I agree that there are situations where it is warranted. But it is far from being the best B Slot to give her.

Well what do you think is the best B-slot for her? None of the Breaker skills prevent a potential counter kill, and they are useless if you're already going to double in the first place. She is too frail for Quick Riposte. Vantage only allows for 1 attack and has the same problem as Desperation does with getting your Hp low. Renewal is useless as she is either getting 1 shot or surviving with such low Hp that gaining 10 won't make a Difference. Seal skills aren't good at all IMO.

I guess Wings of Mercy or one of the Sweep skills would be the only other options.

Honestly, I've been thinking that a Fury 3 build with Silver bow+ and Desperation would be better. LnD gets way too much hype for something that you have to sacrifice a 5* unit for.

24 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Unless they changed his stats (unlikely), Fury will give him enough SPD to not get doubled and OHKO B!Cordelia in return. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot that he potentially has 33 Spd. He is gonna be so good. I can't wait to get him. I have 40k feathers all saved up and ready to go.

Edited by Hawk King

38 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Honestly, I've been thinking that a Fury 3 build with Silver bow+ and Desperation would be better. LnD gets way too much hype for something that you have to sacrifice a 5* unit for.

This is a neat idea. You can also go Firesweep+Deathblow (allows you to OHKO neutral Fury Nino if you use an ATK seal) for similar results.

45 minutes ago, GinRei said:

This all feels more like a pro-Death Blow argument than an anti-Desperation argument.

Given how Melee units with DC are the LaD Brave bow's only threats and almost everything dies in the first 2 hits, Windsweep is the safer and more reliable option for a standalone B!Cordelia. In my arena rating range, Wary Fighter + Distant Counter is quite common so Desperation is not very good. In lower F2P ratings and with Olivia as the bonus unit, there is no reason not to use Desperation + Olivia.

But indeed, Death Blow will give her the ability to kill Fury Ryoma and with +ATK Seal and Rally ATK she can kill Fury Ike too. The extra 5 def will allow you to survive a lot more things and you can use a breaker for the threats that need to be quaded and killed instantly. Still not "perfect" but it gives her different options and weaknesses.

Given her status as the best offensive archer, she can fit many roles and be built to do what your team needs her to do. I only need her to kill mages so I will just give her Wings of Mercy.

Edited by Clogon

31 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Well what do you think is the best B-slot for her? None of the Breaker skills prevent a potential counter kill, and they are useless if you're already going to double in the first place. She is too frail for Quick Riposte. Vantage only allows for 1 attack and has the same problem as Desperation does with getting your Hp low. Renewal is useless as she is either getting 1 shot or surviving with such low Hp that gaining 10 won't make a Difference. Seal skills aren't good at all IMO.

I guess Wings of Mercy or one of the Sweep skills would be the only other options.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he potentially has 33 Spd. He is gonna be so good. I can't wait to get him. I have 40k feathers all saved up and ready to go.

But thanks to that low speed, Xander had a funny set that allows him do 18/2/14 against Blue

The same set up on Xander that is as fast as Camus would do 9/2/23 instead

Not sure how good it is.... but its funny

The Waifu Market is real guys. I started playing this SAO mobile game and they're doing something similar to the bride event of FEH. I wonder if the Final Fantasy and Brave Frontier are going or doing to the same as well.

Spoiler

QbwKx6T.png

These gacha games sure know how to make money out of selling waifus. 

Edited by Smog

7 minutes ago, Smog said:

The Waifu Market is real guys. I started playing this SAO mobile game and they're doing something similar to the bride event of FEH. I wonder if the Final Fantasy and Brave Frontier are going or doing to the same as well.

Reveal hidden contents

QbwKx6T.png

These gacha games sure know how to make money out of selling waifus. 

It's because this is prime wedding season in Japan.