What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

But why did it say you were quoting me when I never said that :0

Site's haunted, apparently.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

kind of strange to hone on the Morgans as if they're twins. They're no different than any other Avatar gendered pair. Well, I guess unlike most versions they actually exist alongside each other in Future Past.

They're children of different versions of Grima!Robin in that narrative, right? Not actually twins?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Site's haunted, apparently.

They're children of different versions of Grima!Robin in that narrative, right? Not actually twins?

In the Future Past? Not specified, but not likely, there's only one Grima running around in that storyline and both versions of Morgan serve that Grima. Twins is the most likely explanation, but it's more of a scenario where there is no explanation, it's just "Evil DLC Morgan, have some alternate dialogue", the Future Past Morgans aren't even called Morgan, they're both referred to as ???, probably for the exact reason that if they were twins they logically wouldn't have the same name. Though, I think Heroes refers to them as Morgan sense be damned (Cipher does not, maintaining the ??? name but specifying they can promote from Morgan male or female with a skill).

As far as other cases of opposite gendered Avatars interacting or existing with each other, Alear in the Fell Xenologue scenario will be the opposite gender of the player's Alear, though those two characters are pretty significantly different (and, I could be wrong here, but I don't think any characters in universe ever actually comment on this, referring them as being two completely interchangeable variations of the same person when really the gender thing would be...well it wouldn't mean they're not still that, but it'd still be worth commenting on, especially since there's specifically a plotpoint of romantic attraction involved).

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well, I guess unlike most versions they actually exist alongside each other in Future Past.

That’s indeed why I regarded them as a set rather that just two versions of the same character. That and unlike the avatars they have different personalities depending on the gender

On 7/27/2024 at 8:39 PM, Jotari said:

Because he can now forge rapiers to kill any horse or armour. He gets ten extra levels of growth he didn't have before, and he gets dedicated prologue chapters to use them.

You said earlier that you aren't likely using him for combat... in which case the Rapier being forgeable is a moot point. However, it doesn't help that it's probably the most cost inefficient weapon to forge because it has low might compared to other effective weapons... especially relative to the new one SD added. Also, that would mean those extra levels prolly ain't coming into play. Regarding the prologue chapters... those are exclusive to normal mode. And almost every unit discussion I see is on the hardest difficulty. 

Re: the discussion on consumable items... I'm starting to believe healing items are underrated, at least in Fates and Three Houses. From what I have seen on YouTube, many times people only pack weapons on their units... and inevitably end up in dicey situations where dying is a real possibility, or worse, suffer casualties. Can't judge on other games, though.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

You said earlier that you aren't likely using him for combat... in which case the Rapier being forgeable is a moot point. However, it doesn't help that it's probably the most cost inefficient weapon to forge because it has low might compared to other effective weapons... especially relative to the new one SD added. Also, that would mean those extra levels prolly ain't coming into play. Regarding the prologue chapters... those are exclusive to normal mode. And almost every unit discussion I see is on the hardest difficulty.

You're dragging up a month old conversation here. What I believe I said is that the changes to Shadow Dragon DS do more to help Marth's combat than hurt it. This is true. In all versions his combat is rather moot since you're probably sending him to villages, but the the things Shadow Dragon does for him, giving him extra levels, more chapters to play and the ability to forge weapons helps him more than the minor disadvantage that going against weapon triangle hurts him. He's still a rather accurate and solid damage dealer that won't be tearing through the game like Alm or Ephraim, but can contribute to killing enemies if he's in a position to do so. His best outing is still the NES game, but that has much less to do with any mechanics of that game and more to do with the game in general being piss easy so you can have Marth move through hoards of enemies to get to villages with basically no thought or consideration. Marth on the DS is still good enough to genuinely solo Hard 5 if you plan and play well.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1S94y1y7DZ/?p=30&vd_source=569a6f073a184ef44a8d54b464b7d474

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...

Not an opinion at all (more of a question), but I didn't want to make a new thread, so:

It's been a hot minute since I've paid attention to the actual Fire Emblem section of this forum. Have there been any leaks regarding a new game? Perhaps some Engage-style unverified images that've been posted online? Or any news whatsoever?

Edited by Hrothgar777

21 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Not an opinion at all (more of a question), but I didn't want to make a new thread, so:

It's been a hot minute since I've paid attention to the actual Fire Emblem section of this forum. Have there been any leaks regarding a new game? Perhaps some Engage-style unverified images that've been posted online? Or any news whatsoever?

Make this its own topic, that way more people are gonna see it, other than a new unpopular opinion, in search for fact-havers?

Other than that, all I seen is FE:Heroes announcements and I ain´t sifting through the FE-Reddits-but actually-it´s-just-art-and-headcanons for any potential news.

Gacha has won, the beacons are lit no more, GG no re.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:01 PM, Hrothgar777 said:

From what I`ve seen, no leaks have come out as of late. Just speculation on if the next FE will be a new game or the FE4 remake people have been wanting.

3 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Make this its own topic, that way more people are gonna see it, other than a new unpopular opinion, in search for fact-havers?

Other than that, all I seen is FE:Heroes announcements and I ain´t sifting through the FE-Reddits-but actually-it´s-just-art-and-headcanons for any potential news.

Man, now I'm reminded how Super Robot Wars is in the same spot. Last mainline game was back in 2021, and since then only the mobile game with gacha elements is still on-going.

Funnily enough, that 2021 game was also their 30th Anniversary game (which actually came out on time, unlike Engage which got delayed).

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funnily enough, that 2021 game was also their 30th Anniversary game (which actually came out on time, unlike Engage which got delayed).

You know people keep calling Engage an attempted Anniversary title, and I have to ask for a source. I cannot find a single development interview that corroborates what I'm 95% sure was part of a rumor that got randomly attached to the credible leaks regarding Engage. Another false bit of info from that era claiming that Engage was primarily developed by studio Gust, not IS, which also ended up being false.

Also, what anniversary? Was Engage supposed to come out in 2020, or 2025? Because I think a lot of us would have doubted that such a game could have been announced and released within a year of Three Houses finishing its DLC development, and also directly inbetween Three Houses and its Warriors Spinoff game.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

You know people keep calling Engage an attempted Anniversary title, and I have to ask for a source. I cannot find a single development interview that corroborates what I'm 95% sure was part of a rumor that got randomly attached to the credible leaks regarding Engage. Another false bit of info from that era claiming that Engage was primarily developed by studio Gust, not IS, which also ended up being false.

It's apparently from a Nintendo Dream interview, the April 2023 issue. Haven't able to find a transcript online to confirm or deny it, though.

There's also stuff like this:

They still say that, by the way.

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/fire-emblem-engage
https://usk.de/en/usktitle/50363/

The game was enough into development, or even fully complete, by at least 2021 to already have been reviewed and given age ratings.

Also, what anniversary? Was Engage supposed to come out in 2020, or 2025? Because I think a lot of us would have doubted that such a game could have been announced and released within a year of Three Houses finishing its DLC development, and also directly inbetween Three Houses and its Warriors Spinoff game.

Well, do remember both Fodlan games were made by a different team from Engage, so concurrent development could've been very possible. Three Houses was originally slated for a 2018 release, so having Houses in 2018, Engage in 2020, and Hopes in 2022 wouldn't have been too weird.

Let's not forget, the pandemic happened in those years. That messed up a lot of schedules.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's apparently from a Nintendo Dream interview, the April 2023 issue. Haven't able to find a transcript online to confirm or deny it, though.

I skimmed the google translated version of both halves of the interview and the subject of anniversaries and timing of the release never comes up. Except for a comment by producer Masahiro Higuchi acknowledging that the series is over 30 years old now and hopes it sticks around for another 35 or 40 years.

There's also stuff like this:

They still say that, by the way.

The game was enough into development, or even fully complete, by at least 2021 to already have been reviewed and given age ratings.

Glossing over the fact that the tweet author says "by the way, draw your own conclusions, folks". If you subscribe to the notion that video games ONLY get reviewed by ratings boards when they're content complete, then this would only prove the game was at a late stage of development somewhere between August of 2021 and September of 2022. Which does not corroborate your claim that it was meant to be an Anniversary (2020) title

Well, do remember both Fodlan games were made by a different team from Engage, so concurrent development could've been very possible. Three Houses was originally slated for a 2018 release, so having Houses in 2018, Engage in 2020, and Hopes in 2022 wouldn't have been too weird.

The content schedule for Fire Emblem you're proposing here is Three Houses in 2019-2020, Engage in 2020-202X, Hopes in 2022.  It's a weird release schedule to return to Fodlan so late, and very well may have been a motivation to delay Engage rather than release both games together in 2022. But it still doesn't prove Engage was ever internally slated for release in 2020. I also feel like people are always forgetting that IS doesn't just make Fire Emblem. And if you want to know what they were focusing on immediately after Three Houses, google the games they factually developed and released in 2020 and 2021 respectively. Pandemic be damned.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

I skimmed the google translated version of both halves of the interview and the subject of anniversaries and timing of the release never comes up. Except for a comment by producer Masahiro Higuchi acknowledging that the series is over 30 years old now and hopes it sticks around for another 35 or 40 years.

Can you link it, then?

What interview I did found was the Ask the Developer one, which mentions the 30 years bit, but no idea if it's actually the Nintendo Dream one.

Well, I looked up, and it's actually two different interviews. Ask the Developer Volume 8 is from January, while the Nintendo Dream issue is from April.

Okay, found the one you were talking about.

https://www.ndw.jp/fee-interview-230520/3/

It's actually a different one from the one I linked at the end of the post.

Glossing over the fact that the tweet author says "by the way, draw your own conclusions, folks". If you subscribe to the notion that video games ONLY get reviewed by ratings boards when they're content complete, then this would only prove the game was at a late stage of development in August of 2021. Which does not corroborate your claim that it was meant to be an Anniversary title

Again, COVID messed a lot of things up. Engage finishing development in 2021 doesn't exclude that it could've begun in 2019-2020, and we know a worldwide pandemic broke out in the interim.

The content schedule for Fire Emblem you're proposing here is Three Houses in 2019-2020, Engage in 2020-202X, Hopes in 2022.  It's a weird release schedule to return to Fodlan so late, and very well may have been a motivation to delay Engage rather than release both games together in 2022. But it still doesn't prove Engage was ever internally slated for release in 2020.

I literally wrote:

so having Houses in 2018

So I don't know why you claim I proposed Houses in 2019-2020.

It's hard to say since we'd need a concrete picture of Three Hopes' development. From an interview:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202206/24265481.html

Seems to say they decided on making a second Warriors game once Three Houses was done, then making it be another Fodlan game likely didn't happen long after. But, again, this means the idea and development began while still in 2019... and, at the risk of repeating myself, the pandemic happened. Beyond that, we don't know if they had an original release date, or if they decided on 2022 once they could work back at full steam and it stuck.

I also feel like people are always forgetting that IS doesn't just make Fire Emblem. And if you want to know what they were focusing on immediately after Three Houses, google the games they factually developed and released in 2020 and 2021 respectively.

Yeah, but were they made by the same people? IS no doubt has different teams so precisely they can work on more than one game at the time. It's telling since you can look up the staff lists. For starters, Masahiko Nagaya was Origami King's director... but not of Three Houses, Engage, or WarioWare.

---

EDIT: I found it!

https://www.ndw.jp/fee-interview-230421/

王道のゲームサイクルで英雄譚を描いたものに
―― 『風花雪月』(※1)に続く完全新作で、Nintendo Switchではシリーズ2作目となりますね。

横田 そうですね。近い時期に2作の開発が動いていたので、『風花雪月』とは違うことをやろうというのがテーマのひとつでした。

※1:『ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月』=Nintendo Switch/2019年7月26日発売。こちらはインテリジェントシステムズの草木原俊行さんディレクションのもと、コーエーテクモゲームスとともに制作。士官学校が舞台の前半と、三つ巴の戦争が勃発する後半の2部構成でドラマが展開する

This very line seems to talk about Three Houses and Engage being in development around the same time. If anyone can give a more accurate translation than using something like DeepL or Google Translated, very much appreciated.

Sadly, while these interviews are hosted on their website, we don't know if the physical magazine itself has or not even more content.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

EDIT: I found it!

https://www.ndw.jp/fee-interview-230421/

This very line seems to talk about Three Houses and Engage being in development around the same time. If anyone can give a more accurate translation than using something like DeepL or Google Translated, very much appreciated.

Sadly, while these interviews are hosted on their website, we don't know if the physical magazine itself has or not even more content.

That's Part one. Part 2 is in the May issue, linked on that website as the continuation. And like I said, neither mention the word "Anniversary" or imply a 2020 release was the goal. Not like, for instance, the developers of Echoes admitting that they were hoping to finish that game before the release of Nintendo Switch seeing as they were forced to stick to 3DS at the time. See that's something we can at least trust he's not lying about and say as fact. Calling Engage an Attempted 30th Anniversary game based on a comment confirming that it was, at some point, in development at the same time as Three Houses is not confirmation of that.

As to the other stuff, you could say Pandemic Pandemic, but it's not the full reality of game development A) Taking a long time no matter what's going on in the world and B) being extremely receptive to developers switching to Remote Working. Many AAA games announced for release in 2020 managed to come out in that year, with no notably large spike in delays. Some released against their better judgement like Cyberpunk 2077. And then you have Intelligent Systems managing to announce, market, and release two games entirely from Lockdown. They're not an indie studio, they're owned an operated from the top down by Nintendo and all of Their Resources, and so of course they can work on multiple projects at once.

7 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Where is she in the catalog of Heroes? I've gone through all of the Engage unit sand her silhouette doesn't seem to be there.

Just now, Zapp Branniglenn said:

That's Part one. Part 2 is in the May issue, linked on that website as the continuation. And like I said, neither mention the word "Anniversary" or imply a 2020 release was the goal. Not like, for instance, the developers of Echoes admitting that they were hoping to finish that game before the release of Nintendo Switch seeing as they were forced to stick to 3DS at the time. See that's something we can at least trust he's not lying about and say as fact. Calling Engage an Attempted 30th Anniversary game based on a comment confirming that it was, at some point, in development at the same time as Three Houses is not confirmation of that.

As to the other stuff, you could say Pandemic Pandemic, but it's not the full reality of game development A) Taking a long time no matter what's going on in the world and B) being extremely receptive to developers switching to Remote Working. Many AAA games announced for release in 2020 managed to come out in that year, with no notably large spike in delays. Some released against their better judgement like Cyberpunk 2077. And then you have Intelligent Systems managing to announce, market, and release two games entirely from Lockdown. They're not an indie studio, they're owned an operated from the top down by Nintendo and all of Their Resources, and so of course they can work on multiple projects at once.

As I mention, we need to check the actual magazine. People bringing up those things always talked of Japanese Twitter posts of people apparently posting about its content. The interviews can't be all the magazine contained about Engage. We know the popularity poll results were hosted in the April issue too, for example.

Still, there is the "developed around the same time" line (that still need a proper translation, just to be absolutely sure). If it's true, then even with its delays, Houses' development ended at the absolute latest in 2019. So if Engage was truly already in development back then, a 2020 release isn't out of the quesiton. But like I said, we need to see the magazine itself to truly know what is or not true.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, there is the "developed around the same time" line (that still need a proper translation, just to be absolutely sure). If it's true, then even with its delays, Houses' development ended at the absolute latest in 2019.

Cindered Shadows was released in February 2020, so it absolutely ended in 2019, and even 2020 at the latest.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Cindered Shadows was released in February 2020, so it absolutely ended in 2019, and even 2020 at the latest.

February would mean very early indeed. Though that depends on how much they put between ending it and releasing it. But yeah, the difference is negligible. That also assumes they're referring to the entire package, and not the base game... so hard to say.

Still, so that means the interview line does mean that?

Personally, the Iron18 reference in Engage's data is quite fishy, even if Engage itself is Iron19...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

As I mention, we need to check the actual magazine. People bringing up those things always talked of Japanese Twitter posts of people apparently posting about its content. The interviews can't be all the magazine contained about Engage. We know the popularity poll results were hosted in the April issue too, for example.

Still, there is the "developed around the same time" line (that still need a proper translation, just to be absolutely sure). If it's true, then even with its delays, Houses' development ended at the absolute latest in 2019. So if Engage was truly already in development back then, a 2020 release isn't out of the quesiton. But like I said, we need to see the magazine itself to truly know what is or not true.

As @Jotari helpfully reiterated for me. Three Houses was a game that was in development as late as 2020 - because of its post-release DLC. So it's not hard to imagine that its development overlapped with Engage - especially from the developers' perspective. Would it surprise you to hear that Fire Emblem Echoes and Three Houses probably also overlapped? I can't prove it, since I don't have that insider info, but it's easy to believe since both were announced on the same day. If you ignored the post-launch updates of Echoes, the only bet I'm making with that statement is that Three Houses began development at some point before its teaser, or at least within three months following it.

In any case I don't think you need a translation of anything from the Japanese language. I asked you for a Source on it initially being intended as an Anniversary title. Can't just throw up a random link. Or throw up your hands and say "well you can't PROVE it doesn't say what I want it to say We need the authentic document to be sure". Whether or not Engage was in development in this or that year does not confirm the company's intent to release it as some anniversary celebration. It's immaterial to the claim. Only the people working on and marketing the game could know something like that, and that quote has not surfaced.

36 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

As @Jotari helpfully reiterated for me. Three Houses was a game that was in development as late as 2020 - because of its post-release DLC. So it's not hard to imagine that its development overlapped with Engage - especially from the developers' perspective. Would it surprise you to hear that Fire Emblem Echoes and Three Houses probably also overlapped? I can't prove it, since I don't have that insider info, but it's easy to believe since both were announced on the same day. If you ignored the post-launch updates of Echoes, the only bet I'm making with that statement is that Three Houses began development at some point before its teaser, or at least within three months following it.

As Jotari also pointed out, the last DLC released in February. Not finished development, but released. We also don't know if they were talking with the DLC development time with mind or not.

36 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

In any case I don't think you need a translation of anything from the Japanese language. I asked you for a Source on it initially being intended as an Anniversary title. Can't just throw up a random link. Or throw up your hands and say "well you can't PROVE it doesn't say what I want it to say We need the authentic document to be sure". Whether or not Engage was in development in this or that year does not confirm the company's intent to release it as some anniversary celebration. It's immaterial to the claim. Only the people working on and marketing the game could know something like that, and that quote has not surfaced.

I provided what I could. I can admit when I'm unable to deliver, but that still doesn't prove me right or wrong.

Still, it is possible, actually. If it can be proven Engage was in development far enough back form 2020, then the claim "2020 was the original release date" has a foundation to stand on. Which the interview line can confirm, since we know Three Houses' development began potentially as far back as 2017 (the Direct that revealed its existence being from January, 2017). Which means it's also as far back Engage could've also been in the works. Of course, I doubt it, but even if it began in late 2018 or early 2019, that's enough time to make a 2020 release plausible. Remember, it was Koei who worked mostly on Three Houses and Warriors, so that left IS's FE team with not much to do once Echoes was done. Beyond perhaps small work for Heroes. But I doubt that took their full time. And Heroes likely has its own team working on it, anyway.

Regardless, at the end of the day we can claim what we want, but so long the actual proof of who is right is beyond our reach, then a conclusive answer won't be reached. Hence why I said we need to check the magazine itself. Its contents can provide the answers we seek. You can't claim victory just because I'm unable to prove you wrong... or right. The truth is there. We just need to access it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

35 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As Jotari also pointed out, the last DLC released in February. Not finished development, but released. We also don't know if they were talking with the DLC development time with mind or not.

I provided what I could. I can admit when I'm unable to deliver, but that still doesn't prove me right or wrong.

Still, it is possible, actually. If it can be proven Engage was in development far enough back form 2020, then the claim "2020 was the original release date" has a foundation to stand on. Which the interview line can confirm, since we know Three Houses' development began potentially as far back as 2017 (the Direct that revealed its existence being from January, 2017). Which means it's also as far back Engage could've also been in the works. Of course, I doubt it, but even if it began in late 2018 or early 2019, that's enough time to make a 2020 release plausible. Remember, it was Koei who worked mostly on Three Houses and Warriors, so that left IS's FE team with nothing to do once Echoes was done. Beyond perhaps small work for Heroes. But I doubt that took their full time. And Heroes likely has its own team working on it, anyway.

Regardless, at the end of the day we can claim what we want, but so long the actual proof of who is right is beyond our reach, then a conclusive answer won't be reached. Hence why I said we need to check the magazine itself. Its contents can provide the answers we seek. You can't claim victory just because I'm unable to prove you wrong... or right. The truth is there. We just need to access it.

Feels like I've been dragged into this conversation even though I don't know what side I actually support XD But let me ask a few things, is it true they were sitting on the game for two years but only chose to release it when they did for market competition reasons? That's what I've heard on the grapevine though I haven't seen any actual quotes attesting to it. That they also released DLC for Engage makes it a bit questionable, though, at the same time, we did get Engage's DLC rather quickly. I'd also say that just because we have no marketing or developers saying it's an anniversary title doesn't mean it's not. Like, regardless of when the game was finished, they didn't announce anything about the game until well after 2020. It's absolutely possible that they didn't say it's anniversary game precisely because they missed the window to release it as such. Why people think it was intended to be an anniversary game isn't really out of nowhere. The game actively celebrates the history of the franchise by bringing back past heroes (and even villains in the final map, kind of). Despite the complaints of ghost Marth being in every Fire Emblem game now days, the series has only ever done something like that once before in the mainine games and that's with Awakening's Einherjar, and obviously they went much further than Awakening's Einherjar by integrating Emblems as a core part of the gameplay and story. Given that aspect, I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to put Marth and Sigurd etc in the game was made before any of the Sombron or Alear stuff was conceived. We also, while probably not backed up by any specific developer quote, exactly why Awakening had Einherjar. They thought it might be the last game and wanted to celebrate the franchise's history. Wait a second...2013, 2023. Maybe Engage was to celebrate Awakening's 10th Anniversary! (Actually no, because they say on Awakening for a year before localizing it, it's a 2012 game).

...I think I said something relevant in all that.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Feels like I've been dragged into this conversation even though I don't know what side I actually support XD

Sorry about that, heh.

But let me ask a few things, is it true they were sitting on the game for two years but only chose to release it when they did for market competition reasons? That's what I've heard on the grapevine though I haven't seen any actual quotes attesting to it.

I posted something about it.

The Australian and German video game ratings websites both list Engage as developed in 2021. This is perhaps the crux of the argument that the game was finished by then.

But then, as I also posted, we have the Nintendo Dream interview line that Engage's development time overlapped with Three Houses'.

Like, regardless of when the game was finished, they didn't announce anything about the game until well after 2020. It's absolutely possible that they didn't say it's anniversary game precisely because they missed the window to release it as such.

Supposedly, and the reason why Branniglenn is skeptical, is that we only have people claiming that the developers did admit the game was meant to be an anniversary release and that factors like COVID delayed it. The claim is that it was stated in the Nintendo Dream magazine. 

Here's some places were such claims were made:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-details-about-fire-emblem-engages-development-from-nintendo-dream-interview.703532/

That's why I think if we could see the magazine itself, we could know if it's actually true or not.

We also, while probably not backed up by any specific developer quote, exactly why Awakening had Einherjar. They thought it might be the last game and wanted to celebrate the franchise's history. Wait a second...2013, 2023. Maybe Engage was to celebrate Awakening's 10th Anniversary! (Actually no, because they say on Awakening for a year before localizing it, it's a 2012 game).

...I think I said something relevant in all that.

Hehe, well, maybe!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My issue is precisely with people 'claiming what they want' in lieu of a source. Because I know from experience the chief reasons why people are out there making this particular claim is A) That's what one of the leaks from June 2022 said (note also the mention of Gust, which we can now definitively say is False) and B) it just feels like an Anniversary title you know? But really every Fire Emblem game from Awakening to now is a game that feels like it has a retrospective rather than innovative design. Also Ghost Marth appears in it. But not Three Houses, that's an original title.

It really doesn't make a difference to me if Engage really was intended to be an anniversary title. I don't like misinformation. That's my stake in this; not being Right or Wrong on the Internet. If a Source does exist, and I mean not a dude on Twitter speculating (in English or Japanese! Being Japanese does not make you a degree closer to the project!), then I'm satisfied.