Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Considering how highly Herc is usually rated, that doesn't really say much.  Ibaraki has better utility than Herc, since her Attack+ is party wide, and her NP removes buffs on the enemy (though it's after damage so it's not as good as Amakusa or Abigail).  Herc has 1k more attack, and better solo survivability (Herc has Batcon and EotM, Ibaraki has Disengage and Shapeshift).

Thats fair

That being said i actually just saw Ibaraki's skillset and yeah i think i agree she's really good. She lacks dodge, but Berserker could prefer Defense buff to make them last a long time instead of on a burst which makes Shapeshift a great skill. Her cards is almost as good as Nightingale, and Demonic Magic allows her to pull off shenanigans with Limit Zero Over for 250% Damage.

She's almost the high rarity Asterios that i wish existed lol

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Czarpy People posting freaking saving for jalter like wtf people, and most people on fb fgo groups are rude :/ i dunno why. you ask a genuine question sometimes (without telling specific servants to prevent salts) and they answer sarcastically... just wanted to have fun with forums so i decided to quit FB altogether just using messenger.

Edited by Kaji

5 minutes ago, Kaji said:

@Czarpy People posting freaking saving for jalter like wtf people, and most people on fb fgo groups are rude :/ i dunno why. you ask a genuine question sometimes (without telling specific servants to prevent salts) and they answer sarcastically... just wanted to have fun with forums so i decided to quit FB altogether just using messenger.

Spoiler

I'm in the FGO (english), FGO(USA), and FGO Philippines groups.

I've seen more posts about "things to save for aside from Jalter."

it's fucking funny.

now it's become "I'll fuck you up if you post good gacha rolls."

42 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Thats fair

That being said i actually just saw Ibaraki's skillset and yeah i think i agree she's really good. She lacks dodge, but Berserker could prefer Defense buff to make them last a long time instead of on a burst which makes Shapeshift a great skill. Her cards is almost as good as Nightingale, and Demonic Magic allows her to pull off shenanigans with Limit Zero Over for 250% Damage.

She's almost the high rarity Asterios that i wish existed lol

seems the onigashima banner will be well worth rolling on just for a shot at Raikou/Kintoki/Ibaraki/Shuten.

I kinda want Shuten for AoE arts assassin stuff, but any of them would be welcome additions. Especially Mama and her stupidly strong NP.

like did they purposely make her the best AoE berserker in the game just to totally molest all embers.

4 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

it's fucking funny.

seems the onigashima banner will be well worth rolling on just for a shot at Raikou/Kintoki/Ibaraki/Shuten.

I kinda want Shuten for AoE arts assassin stuff, but any of them would be welcome additions. Especially Mama and her stupidly strong NP.

like did they purposely make her the best AoE berserker in the game just to totally molest all embers.

Actually an infamous farmer in Gamefaqs mentioned that Raikou is considered "bad" specifically because she can't kill hands or something

....and then nerofest happened

15 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Unfortunately, Shuten wasn't on the Onigashima banners for JP, so she probably won't show up there in NA either.  She was available as the solo rate-up servant during Rashomon (aka Ibaraki raid).  She does share some other banners with Raikou, but not Onigashima.

24 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Actually an infamous farmer in Gamefaqs mentioned that Raikou is considered "bad" specifically because she can't kill hands or something

....and then nerofest happened

wasn't nerofest the reason people consider amakusa to be super good?

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Unfortunately, Shuten wasn't on the Onigashima banners for JP, so she probably won't show up there in NA either.  She was available as the solo rate-up servant during Rashomon (aka Ibaraki raid).  She does share some other banners with Raikou, but not Onigashima.

oh poo

i guess i'll be rolling the rashoumon event. i know li shu wen is supposed to be a really good arts lancer, but how is shuten when it comes to arts teams? can i pair her with tamamo/robin for debuff fun?

29 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

it's fucking funny.

Fudge I'm actually in those (english and USA) and yeah.. saltiness is extreme in FB groups. hahaha

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

gfaqs FGO board is actually fairly chill

....and then you went to the general anime boards thread for FGO and saw what an insane person looks like

I've seen FE fans arguing about gamefaqs tier lists vs SF tier lists and arguing for Lyn as the best fe7 character in gameplay terms.

that's insanity.

11 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I've seen FE fans arguing about gamefaqs tier lists vs SF tier lists and arguing for Lyn as the best fe7 character in gameplay terms.

that's insanity.

how

seriously

I could see if they argue Raven

28 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

i guess i'll be rolling the rashoumon event. i know li shu wen is supposed to be a really good arts lancer, but how is shuten when it comes to arts teams? can i pair her with tamamo/robin for debuff fun?

Shuten's fairly good AFAIK.  AOE defense down with chance of Charm on any enemy, Charisma with self NP damage up, and Batcon.  She should have fairly good NP gen, though her NP is primarily about the massive amount of debuffs it throws on enemies rather than the up-front damage (which actually makes it useful ST despite being an AOE).  She should work fairly well in an Arts team with Tamamo/Robin, as she's sort of a Caster/Assasin given her support capability.  Li Shuwen's more of an Arts burst like Robin, so ideally you'd run Tamamo/Shuten and pick between Robin and Li Shuwen depending on enemy class comp.

Of course, the real reason you should roll for Shuten is because of her VA.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

how

seriously

I could see if they argue Raven

it's the same people that open up tier list threads that are old as fuck and decide to go post their opinions.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Shuten's fairly good AFAIK.  AOE defense down with chance of Charm on any enemy, Charisma with self NP damage up, and Batcon.  She should have fairly good NP gen, though her NP is primarily about the massive amount of debuffs it throws on enemies rather than the up-front damage.  She should work fairly well in an Arts team with Tamamo/Robin, as she's sort of a Caster/Assasin given her support capability.  Li Shuwen's more of an Arts burst like Robin, so ideally you'd run Tamamo/Shuten and pick between Robin and Li Shuwen depending on enemy class comp.

Of course, the real reason you should roll for Shuten is because of her VA.

She's not exactly a loli, right?

AoE debuffs and charisma sound good. I'd def. go after her.

the sole reason I'd wanna get her is because that particular banner has the only arts lancer on it as well iirc

besides, we get a free kintoki. why not get shuten just for him.

is it just me or do arts teams do better than buster teams until merlin comes?

7 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

it's the same people that open up tier list threads that are old as fuck and decide to go post their opinions.

She's not exactly a loli, right?

AoE debuffs and charisma sound good. I'd def. go after her.

the sole reason I'd wanna get her is because that particular banner has the only arts lancer on it as well iirc

besides, we get a free kintoki. why not get shuten just for him.

is it just me or do arts teams do better than buster teams until merlin comes?

dependng on what you build it with

....i mean 2 Waver or Waver + hans into Jalter is a GOAT set up that could break a node in no time, but its true Arts set up can do a lot of good stuff that theoritically lasts super long. You can honestly argue Arts is the top team in JP right now because Arts Merlin build is a thing. Arts already have their 2030s, Orions, and their prime support

Anyway i personally think Shuten is the worst SSR Assassin and one of the worst SSR overall but thats just me. Although her being Arts make her value way higher

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Li Shuwen has rate-up on Journey to the West (Xuanzang's banner), which is in-between Rashomon and Onigashima.  Shuten is the only servant on rate-up during Rashomon.

28 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Li Shuwen has rate-up on Journey to the West (Xuanzang's banner), which is in-between Rashomon and Onigashima.  Shuten is the only servant on rate-up during Rashomon.

whoops

i still want waifu monk though

how accurate is this

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

how accurate is this

I skipped through the video a bit.  The advice on using the shop and having fun are common sense.  Rerolling is unnecessary (some people don't have the patience for it anyways), though his advice on rerolling largely boils down to "get a servant you can enjoy".  The advice to focus on leveling one character at a time is OK, but not really necessary.  It's focused on creating a carry, and early game you might want to instead look at building a solid base so that you can counter class better (plus you can generally get carries from support servants anyways).

Otherwise, he kind of writes off 3 star and under servants as bad, claims that you're more likely to be struck by lightning than pull something good on a single, and that 10 pulls have better rates.  The rate for pulling a 4* servant is 3%, and a 5* servant is 1%; both rates are better than the chances of getting struck by lightning (per Google, that's 1 in 700k to be struck in a given year, or 1 in 3k to be struck during your lifetime). 

The odds don't significantly change during a 10 pull.  The guarantees on a 10 roll might fudge the numbers a bit, but not in a significant way (based on the math speculation here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3sxsz5/probability_speculations_for_the_10roll/).  At best, it gives about 1.5 times the rate of a gold servant than a single pull, but that's assuming you don't pull a gold card in the other 9 pulls, and 1.5 times the standard rate is still only a 6-7% chance (combining both 4* and 5*).  As we don't actually know how the guarantees are implemented, we can't say for certain that the guarantees actually increase the odds of a gold servant.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I skipped through the video a bit.  The advice on using the shop and having fun are common sense.  Rerolling is unnecessary (some people don't have the patience for it anyways), though his advice on rerolling largely boils down to "get a servant you can enjoy".  The advice to focus on leveling one character at a time is OK, but not really necessary.  It's focused on creating a carry, and early game you might want to instead look at building a solid base so that you can counter class better (plus you can generally get carries from support servants anyways).

Otherwise, he kind of writes off 3 star and under servants as bad, claims that you're more likely to be struck by lightning than pull something good on a single, and that 10 pulls have better rates.  The rate for pulling a 4* servant is 3%, and a 5* servant is 1%; both rates are better than the chances of getting struck by lightning (per Google, that's 1 in 700k to be struck in a given year, or 1 in 3k to be struck during your lifetime). 

The odds don't significantly change during a 10 pull.  The guarantees on a 10 roll might fudge the numbers a bit, but not in a significant way (based on the math speculation here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3sxsz5/probability_speculations_for_the_10roll/).  At best, it gives about 1.5 times the rate of a gold servant than a single pull, but that's assuming you don't pull a gold card in the other 9 pulls, and 1.5 times the standard rate is still only a 6-7% chance (combining both 4* and 5*).  As we don't actually know how the guarantees are implemented, we can't say for certain that the guarantees actually increase the odds of a gold servant.

I'm legit curious about the ten roll tho

it seems every 7-9 ten rolls I do, I get an sr/ssr (or a 3* servant in the FP gacha)

So I'm just gonna go off my system of "do the SQ gacha once every 8 full set rolls."

eh I'm finding FGO to be more enjoyable than Granblue or the other gachas. I swear I log on more often in this mobile game than I do on FeH.

Oh yeah, when did the Personal Training CE become available in the Mana Prism shop? I guess it happened with the America release, but I didn't see any announcement anywhere. While I rather save for the Bond CE or Mystic Code CE, I picked one up anyway just to have one.
Also, I just finished the America storyline. It was all right and kept my attention, but it wasn't anything spectacular. I suppose it suffered from having too many servants and not enough time to flesh them out properly aside from the main cast. I guess my favorite is still the Prologue in Fuyuki, and this is coming from a man who started FGO without any knowledge of Fate whatsoever. (Since October of last year I marathoned through Unlimited Blade Works, Zero, Carnival Phantasm, and Prism Illya. I have to see that Heaven's Feel Part 1.)

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

eh I'm finding FGO to be more enjoyable than Granblue or the other gachas. I swear I log on more often in this mobile game than I do on FeH.

I am definitely guilty of this. I think my reasons for enjoying Fate/Grand Order are...

1. It is far easier to burn all of my in-game stamina in FGO than FEH. (Tempest Trials and the like take a while while a 40 AP daily is rather short.)
2. There are less units to keep track of in FGO than FEH. (It doesn't help I like too many Fire Emblem characters, making it difficult for me to keep my roster small. Also, FEH tends to reward large armies due to Squad Assault and Rival Domains.)
3. Raising units in FGO is mostly by  limited by materials and money (but events tend to negate this). FEH relies on Skill Inheritance which can be a pain due to the RNG and possible feather consumption. // An exception to FGO is the NP Levels of SRs and SSRs, which relies on luck or whaling.
4. The story in FGO is superior to FEH, even if things like Septem exist.
5. I am still not happy about the general increase of power of new heroes in Fire Emblem Heroes ever since the CYL. Sure, it is a relatively minor thing and one should just play for favorites, the fanservice, and the fun,  but I can't ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Oh yeah, when did the Personal Training CE become available in the Mana Prism shop? I guess it happened with the America release, but I didn't see any announcement anywhere. While I rather save for the Bond CE or Mystic Code CE, I picked one up anyway just to have one.
Also, I just finished the America storyline. It was all right and kept my attention, but it wasn't anything spectacular. I suppose it suffered from having too many servants and not enough time to flesh them out properly aside from the main cast. I guess my favorite is still the Prologue in Fuyuki, and this is coming from a man who started FGO without any knowledge of Fate whatsoever. (Since October of last year I marathoned through Unlimited Blade Works, Zero, Carnival Phantasm, and Prism Illya. I have to see that Heaven's Feel Part 1.)

I am definitely guilty of this. I think my reasons for enjoying Fate/Grand Order are...

1. It is far easier to burn all of my in-game stamina in FGO than FEH. (Tempest Trials and the like take a while while a 40 AP daily is rather short.)
2. There are less units to keep track of in FGO than FEH. (It doesn't help I like too many Fire Emblem characters, making it difficult for me to keep my roster small. Also, FEH tends to reward large armies due to Squad Assault and Rival Domains.)
3. Raising units in FGO is mostly by  limited by materials and money (but events tend to negate this). FEH relies on Skill Inheritance which can be a pain due to the RNG and possible feather consumption. // An exception to FGO is the NP Levels of SRs and SSRs, which relies on luck or whaling.
4. The story in FGO is superior to FEH, even if things like Septem exist.
5. I am still not happy about the general increase of power of new heroes in Fire Emblem Heroes ever since the CYL. Sure, it is a relatively minor thing and one should just play for favorites, the fanservice, and the fun,  but I can't ignore it.

I think the America chapter could have gotten a little more interesting if they just put in "Uncle Sam" as a servant.

hey if DC comics has him as a superhero that's the mystic embodiment of the country, then why not FGO?

fgo keeps their character progressing rather simple. while i do wish servant got exp from battles, it does make sense that only the master gets exp since you're the only plain human there. Everything else is powered by magic materials and shit. 

oh yay saber exp daily. time to get rama all levelled.

oh those spirit roots are gonna be a total bitch to get. Thankfully enough spriggans are sabers so i can just send in the archers to deal with him.

ugh i really wanna do one more ten roll for helena. let's see if i can scrape up enough.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

I'm legit curious about the ten roll tho

it seems every 7-9 ten rolls I do, I get an sr/ssr (or a 3* servant in the FP gacha)

So I'm just gonna go off my system of "do the SQ gacha once every 8 full set rolls."

The reddit link I gave shows the math for various possible ways the 10-roll can work.  The highest chance of the guaranteed out of all those scenarios is about 7.23%, which is around 1.8x the regular rate.  He didn't do the math for that version, but he did for the 6.18%, and you can plug in numbers to solve it if you want (the model is "0.96X * (0.9277/0.96)floor{X/10} = percentage", but I'm not good enough at math to solve for X)

From an earlier post (https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3slm01/mathematics_yay/) we have the following probabilities calculated for YOLOs:

For a 4% chance: roll once.
For a 25% chance: roll 7 times.

For a 50% chance: roll 17 times.
For a 75% chance: roll 34 times.
For a 99% chance: roll 113 times

From the post I linked in my previous comment, we have the following probabilities for the 6.18% 10-roll model (in parentheses are comparisons with the YOLO rate):

For a 4% chance: roll once. (Same as before.)
For a 25% chance: roll 7 times. (Same as before)
For a 50% chance: roll 17 times. (Same as before)
For a 75% chance: roll 33 times. (One roll shorter.)
For a 99% chance: roll 108 times. (Five rolls shorter.)

The 10-roll does give a 99% chance sooner, but its a fairly small difference (5 rolls less than all YOLOs).  I don't consider 5 less rolls to try and guarantee a gold Servant be a "much higher chance" that the youtuber is claiming it to be, and changing to the 7.23% model would at most change that by one expected pull.  Your gold Servant every 7-9 10-rolls is slightly above expected luck, based on these probability calculations.

Honestly though, you should do whatever you feel gives you the best luck.  Some people prefer 10-rolls, some people swear by singles.  It all evens out in the end.

56 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

oh those spirit roots are gonna be a total bitch to get. Thankfully enough spriggans are sabers so i can just send in the archers to deal with him.

The amusing thing about farming Spriggans is they drop gold Saber EXP as well, so seeing a gold chest doesn't mean you got the mat.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

The reddit link I gave shows the math for various possible ways the 10-roll can work.  The highest chance of the guaranteed out of all those scenarios is about 7.23%, which is around 1.8x the regular rate.  He didn't do the math for that version, but he did for the 6.18%, and you can plug in numbers to solve it if you want (the model is "0.96X * (0.9277/0.96)floor{X/10} = percentage", but I'm not good enough at math to solve for X)

From an earlier post (https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3slm01/mathematics_yay/) we have the following probabilities calculated for YOLOs:

For a 4% chance: roll once.
For a 25% chance: roll 7 times.

For a 50% chance: roll 17 times.
For a 75% chance: roll 34 times.
For a 99% chance: roll 113 times

From the post I linked in my previous comment, we have the following probabilities for the 6.18% 10-roll model (in parentheses are comparisons with the YOLO rate):

For a 4% chance: roll once. (Same as before.)
For a 25% chance: roll 7 times. (Same as before)
For a 50% chance: roll 17 times. (Same as before)
For a 75% chance: roll 33 times. (One roll shorter.)
For a 99% chance: roll 108 times. (Five rolls shorter.)

The 10-roll does give a 99% chance sooner, but its a fairly small difference (5 rolls less than all YOLOs).  I don't consider 5 less rolls to try and guarantee a gold Servant be a "much higher chance" that the youtuber is claiming it to be, and changing to the 7.23% model would at most change that by one expected pull.  Your gold Servant every 7-9 10-rolls is slightly above expected luck, based on these probability calculations.

Honestly though, you should do whatever you feel gives you the best luck.  Some people prefer 10-rolls, some people swear by singles.  It all evens out in the end.

so the chances of almost every SF FGO player pulling MHX during saber wars was kind of a really weird coincidence right?

iirc, I got mine off a ticket and I think eclipse did too. Someone wound up getting an np4 mhx here.

it seems all the ten roll does is just give you a large lump and make it guarantee a 3* servant and a gold CE. 

it seems that, in short, ten rolls are probably better done if you just want to save a minuscule amount of SQ, want to get a story locked 3* rate-up servant to np5, or get a 3-4* rate-up CE to MLB.

imagine if the tickets in the mana prism shop were unlimited. brrr.

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

so the chances of almost every SF FGO player pulling MHX during saber wars was kind of a really weird coincidence right?

iirc, I got mine off a ticket and I think eclipse did too. Someone wound up getting an np4 mhx here.

it seems all the ten roll does is just give you a large lump and make it guarantee a 3* servant and a gold CE. 

it seems that, in short, ten rolls are probably better done if you just want to save a minuscule amount of SQ, want to get a story locked 3* rate-up servant to np5, or get a 3-4* rate-up CE to MLB.

imagine if the tickets in the mana prism shop were unlimited. brrr.

Lots of people here getting MHX would be either coincidence or conspiracy.  Given that DW doesn't really benefit from targetting 5* pulls, or randomly increasing the rate up percentage on specific banners/times, we can probably rule conspiracy out.  Of course it's a coincidence.  Just because something is statistically unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible.

And yes, 10-rolls are mostly just to save time.  There are a few benefits, like you mentioned, but those generally aren't considerations for most players.

Lots of people here getting MHX would be either coincidence or conspiracy.  Given that DW doesn't really benefit from targetting 5* pulls, or randomly increasing the rate up percentage on specific banners/times, we can probably rule conspiracy out.  Of course it's a coincidence.  Just because something is statistically unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible.

And yes, 10-rolls are mostly just to save time.  There are a few benefits, like you mentioned, but those generally aren't considerations for most players.

np5 bedivere/taiga is totally worth it.

idk if there are any other story locked 3* servants. i hear taiga/bedivere are really good tho.

I'm gonna see if i can hit that 25% chance when my login streak bonus hits. I'm feeling like luck should hit me in-game soon enough

KIDS, DON'T DO THIS IRL IN ACTUAL LOTTERIES AND SLOT MACHINES