Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Nope, but not one of my goals considering materials aren't necessarily the most accessible thing in the game (compared to say Feathers in FEH) outside of events.
Only those Servants who I either like (pretty much FSN cast with some few picks from each series) or are interesting gameplay-wise are getting FA.

I'm sorta just waiting for the shitload of horseshoes and bronze materials.

Oh and the exp cards.

hmn I better rush Bloodaxe/spartacus to FA in the next few days so I can get the SQ from their strengthening quests all done.

7 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Jalter is coming lads.  I need to start training Amakusa for the DaVinci event since he and Mash are my only Extra class Servants

extra class bonus is kinda silly since we got like

Mashu, Jeanne, Amakusa, and Dantes as options right now. 

half of them are limited.

man I sure hope I can pull the silly number of exp cards I need asap

Small PSA:
Da Vinci is probably the best time to spend your Gold apples if you didn't do so during Christmas. You can get tons of materials you need hundreds of (Dust, Pages, Crystals etc.) and it has the best node for farming Hearts.
The next one will happen at Christmas so you won't have to worry about hoarding a healthy supply by then.

Edited by Zeratul

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I completed the American singularity, there were a couple fights I had a bit of trouble with, but I overcame them.

Hide contents

What happened to Mash at the end?

A spoiler that would spoil iirc the end of part 1. I believe they alluded it at beggining of chapter portion of each singularity so far

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I completed the American singularity, there were a couple fights I had a bit of trouble with, but I overcame them.

Reveal hidden contents

What happened to Mash at the end?

Spoiler

Pseudoservants and demiservants aren't the same as regular servants/heroic spirits/familiars.

there's been hints so far, and you've already gotten some insight from apocrypha.

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

tl;dr for Da Vinci event

EXCALIBUR
MORGAAAAAAANNNNN

repeat this for 90.000 times

don't forget STELLA, THREE LINE FORMATION, HALLOW BATHORY ERZSEBET, and CALIBURN.

I am slowly but surely making progress on getting my guys up. My current projects are..

Spoiler

Saber
Artoria Lily - An AoE Saber, and while a part of me wonders if Fergus is better at it than Artoria Lily, adorable Saber comes first.
Caesar - My main Saber Servant until I got the Saber herself (Artoria), he is awaiting his final ascension. I do not need to bring out a Quick / Crit Team since AoE farming is mostly the norm, so he sits in Chaldea instead.
Other - I am also somewhat working on Fergus to spend excess EXP cards, and even Saber Gilles. I probably should be focusing on d'Eon, especially since I got d'Eon to NP2, but I got Georgios, Leonidas, and Mash for tanking.

Archer
Euryale - While I already got Orion up to 90, I want to max out Euryale for Camelot so I can be prepared.
Robin Hood - It is Robin Hood, and he does tons of damage with his NP. 
Other - I am also working on David, although I'm not sure if I'll be using a Support Archer much. Arash is also in the works so I can farm stuff even easier.

Lancer
Artoria Lancer (Alter) - I am getting close to maxing her out at 80, so I'll finally have a good Lancer servant I can call my own and use. Now I just need to get a good Single Target NP Lancer, although I'm sure one of the Cu Chulainns can suffice. 
Leonidas - He has been sitting at 62/65 for a long while, mostly because I've been funneling EXP cards into Lancer Artoria. I also tend to use Georgios or Mash when I need to tank instead of Leonidas
Cu FSN & Proto Cu - Gotta work on that Cu Chu Train, but I've been using Heracles as a my emergency backline instead of Cu FSN.

Rider
Medusa - Horseshoes. That is all that is keeping her from getting her final ascension. A shame I don't use her as much as I would like... (Santa Alter basically fulfills the same role as AoE Rider, and she does it better than Medusa, so yeah.)
Blackbeard - So I ended up raising Blackbeard. I could have raised Alexander, Ushi, or Boadica, but I do not particular care much for those three. (Iskander is cool though.) I figured Blackbeard's buffs could be useful when unleashing an NP barrage.

Caster
Tamamo Mae - Finally got her to final ascension, now I just need to get her up to 90.
Hans - I keep hearing how amazing he is, and his NP effects sound pretty good. I am late on raising him, but I never particularly needed him for anything thus far.
Shakespeare - It is William Shakespeare. I need say nothing else. Who cares if he is weaker than the other casters?

Assassin
Shiki - I never managed to completely level her during the event as I focused on leveling up my Mysterious Heroine X, NP 3. Shiki is pretty good though and I have a newfound fondness after watching some of her source material. I need to get back to finishing those movies at some point...
Carmilla - While only level 40 and ascended once, she will likely be my next Assassin priority after Shiki.
Mata Hari - My original Assassin, before I knew better. She is currently at 55/60, but more useful Assassins are being prioritized.
Cursed Arm Hassan - One of the recommended Assassins when I first started playing FGO, he fell from priority when I got Mysterious Heroine X and 3 Fragments of 2030. I still like the guy though and plan on leveling him up from 45 to 65, but other assassins get the EXP first.
Other - I also got Sasaki Kojirou at 15/20, but other assassins quickly overshadowed him. I want to level up Jekyll & Hyde at some point, but there are so many Assassins to keep up with...

Berserker
Kiyohime - A decent AoE farmer who may end up taking over Tamamo Cat's spot, once I can ascend her past level 50...
Other - I am also raising Asterios, Darius, Spartacus, and Eric Bloodaxe because I need to spend my Berserker EXP cards on something. I am currently ascension-blocked, so I can't really be focusing on a few servants of the Berserker class (especially since Tamamo Cat and Heracles are done).

As for Jalter, I got 122 Quartz saved up. I wonder if my Mysterious Heroine X luck will come into effect and nab me some SSRs. (Thing is, I considered her as a bonus as I was mostly trying for Saber Alter and maybe Nero at the time...) After Jalter, I guess I may try saving for Scathach if she appears before the Summer Banners, and then try for Summer Artoria since her NP spamability may be a thing. However, there is Prism Illya shortly after summer, and I would like to nab Ishtar and Merlin in the winter. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Sire
Moved Friend List

2 hours ago, Sire said:

I am slowly but surely making progress on getting my guys up. My current projects are..

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Hide contents

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - April 2nd, 2018]
-- N/A

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

You can add mine if you'd like, it's 171,099,109 with Glaceon Mage as a name.

Though I'd like to request that there be a note stating that I'd like to be notified if you want to add me.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Can I edit now?

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Hide contents

Saber
Artoria Lily - An AoE Saber, and while a part of me wonders if Fergus is better at it than Artoria Lily, adorable Saber comes first.
Caesar - My main Saber Servant until I got the Saber herself (Artoria), he is awaiting his final ascension. I do not need to bring out a Quick / Crit Team since AoE farming is mostly the norm, so he sits in Chaldea instead.
Other - I am also somewhat working on Fergus to spend excess EXP cards, and even Saber Gilles. I probably should be focusing on d'Eon, especially since I got d'Eon to NP2, but I got Georgios, Leonidas, and Mash for tanking.

Archer
Euryale - While I already got Orion up to 90, I want to max out Euryale for Camelot so I can be prepared.
Robin Hood - It is Robin Hood, and he does tons of damage with his NP. 
Other - I am also working on David, although I'm not sure if I'll be using a Support Archer much. Arash is also in the works so I can farm stuff even easier.

Lancer
Artoria Lancer (Alter) - I am getting close to maxing her out at 80, so I'll finally have a good Lancer servant I can call my own and use. Now I just need to get a good Single Target NP Lancer, although I'm sure one of the Cu Chulainns can suffice. 
Leonidas - He has been sitting at 62/65 for a long while, mostly because I've been funneling EXP cards into Lancer Artoria. I also tend to use Georgios or Mash when I need to tank instead of Leonidas
Cu FSN & Proto Cu - Gotta work on that Cu Chu Train, but I've been using Heracles as a my emergency backline instead of Cu FSN.

Rider
Medusa - Horseshoes. That is all that is keeping her from getting her final ascension. A shame I don't use her as much as I would like... (Santa Alter basically fulfills the same role as AoE Rider, and she does it better than Medusa, so yeah.)
Blackbeard - So I ended up raising Blackbeard. I could have raised Alexander, Ushi, or Boadica, but I do not particular care much for those three. (Iskander is cool though.) I figured Blackbeard's buffs could be useful when unleashing an NP barrage.

Caster
Tamamo Mae - Finally got her to final ascension, now I just need to get her up to 90.
Hans - I keep hearing how amazing he is, and his NP effects sound pretty good. I am late on raising him, but I never particularly needed him for anything thus far.
Shakespeare - It is William Shakespeare. I need say nothing else. Who cares if he is weaker than the other casters?

Assassin
Shiki - I never managed to completely level her during the event as I focused on leveling up my Mysterious Heroine X, NP 3. Shiki is pretty good though and I have a newfound fondness after watching some of her source material. I need to get back to finishing those movies at some point...
Carmilla - While only level 40 and ascended once, she will likely be my next Assassin priority after Shiki.
Mata Hari - My original Assassin, before I knew better. She is currently at 55/60, but more useful Assassins are being prioritized.
Cursed Arm Hassan - One of the recommended Assassins when I first started playing FGO, he fell from priority when I got Mysterious Heroine X and 3 Fragments of 2030. I still like the guy though and plan on leveling him up from 45 to 65, but other assassins get the EXP first.
Other - I also got Sasaki Kojirou at 15/20, but other assassins quickly overshadowed him. I want to level up Jekyll & Hyde at some point, but there are so many Assassins to keep up with...

Berserker
Kiyohime - A decent AoE farmer who may end up taking over Tamamo Cat's spot, once I can ascend her past level 50...
Other - I am also raising Asterios, Darius, Spartacus, and Eric Bloodaxe because I need to spend my Berserker EXP cards on something. I am currently ascension-blocked, so I can't really be focusing on a few servants of the Berserker class (especially since Tamamo Cat and Heracles are done).

As for Jalter, I got 122 Quartz saved up. I wonder if my Mysterious Heroine X luck will come into effect and nab me some SSRs. (Thing is, I considered her as a bonus as I was mostly trying for Saber Alter and maybe Nero at the time...) After Jalter, I guess I may try saving for Scathach if she appears before the Summer Banners, and then try for Summer Artoria since her NP spamability may be a thing. However, there is Prism Illya shortly after summer, and I would like to nab Ishtar and Merlin in the winter. Decisions, decisions...

Reveal hidden contents

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - April 2nd, 2018]
-- N/A

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

np5 Saber Lily vs np5 Fergus sounds interesting

but then Saber Lily has voyage of the flowers and mana burst while Fergus just has an attack buff, so idk. 

I swear, editing the Friends List is a pain since it will not let me keep it in the spoiler. I guess some kind of automated anti-spam thing is in effect since I am copy and pasting the same thing every so often, so maybe that is why it will not let me edit the post. So, I'll just make a new one.
- - - - -
@Glaceon Mage I sent a Friend Request. IGN is Sire.

Edited by Sire
Moved Friends List, again...

Double Post, because the edit function is refusing to work properly. // Edit: Testing has been concluded. I guess some of the code got messed up since I copy+pasted the thing so often, so I just pasted the plain text and redid the BB code. Apparently it works now.

Spoiler

[UPDATE LOG - April 2nd, 2018]
-- Added Glaceon Mage

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Edited by Sire
Finalized Testing

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You can add mine if you'd like, it's 171,099,109 with Glaceon Mage as a name.

I'm gonna send you a request. ign is Sharpy/Czarpy. @Sire don't you have a maxed out Arthuria?

hng I'm probably gonna blow through a little cash to see if I can get Jalter. Kinda wish FGO had one of those weird premium options that other gacha-esque games have, but that'd detract from the gacha.

can't wait for the shitton of resources. I heard that I should do the false manuscript dailies asap to get the true manuscript tickets asap (or vice-versa)

once the da vinci event is over, I'm probably going to have everyone I have to FA, or very close to it. My goal, skill wise, is to somehow get Elizabeth Caster's skills all maxed out for crit support reasons. Then it's onto Billy/Rama/Tamamo/Asterios/Ushi. 

does the da vinci event drop seeds/gears/babies? If so, then I'm really all set since I'm so close to gett 4 more golden apples from bronze servant bond farming. My first bunch of ascensions in the event will be Medusa, Fergus, Nursery Rhyme, MHX, Emiya, and Rama. Then it's off to Nightengale, Medea Lily, Georgios, and the rest of the bronze servants that aren't FA. Then the silver servants that aren't FA yet. After that, it's exp card grinding. I'll stash enough for Irisveil and Kintoki rider and their respective events new 3* servants.

I'll probably work on maxing the levels of my support list servants after the mad dash to FA. This probably means I'll be doing both Vlad and Tamacatat the same time since I swap them out depending on the event. (I'll leave Vlad in during the first few days of something like the dantes event)

Ugh this is a perfect time to grail my Mata Hari and Asterios. But I think I'd rather grail whatever summer servant I get to lvl 100 instead. Here's hoping I pull myself a Ruler Martha in a few months. 

Edited by Czarpy

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

@Sire don't you have a maxed out Arthuria?

Maxed out Artoria Pendragon (Saber)? She's close to being maxed, being level 90 and full on Fous. However, her skills are 7/10/4 and she is NP 1.

She's currently on my Saber slot with the Bond CE, but once the event rolls around I'll probably toss on an event CE.

10 hours ago, Sire said:

if Fergus is better at it than Artoria Lily,

tldr; he is much MUCH better. How can you say no to our master dentist Brock?
But since you have Saber you probably won't need him.

10 hours ago, Sire said:

I am also working on David, although I'm not sure if I'll be using a Support Archer much.

David will save your team in more than 1 occasion though Camelot has an Archer that is arguably better than him. Pretty good choice during Camelot as well.

10 hours ago, Sire said:

Gotta work on that Cu Chu Train, but I've been using Heracles as a my emergency backline instead of Cu FSN.

*insert why not both meme here*

10 hours ago, Sire said:

I also tend to use Georgios or Mash when I need to tank instead of Leonidas

If you don't use Buster teams then Leonidas falls short compared to the two. On the other hand he is much better for these specific compositions and I would argue he is borderline necessary for Buster crit teams.

10 hours ago, Sire said:

It is William Shakespeare. I need say nothing else. Who cares if he is weaker than the other casters?

RIP Sire.

Edited by Zeratul

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

. . .not another 'zerker. . .please. . .

Cu, at least, made some sense.  But this?

Spoiler

it's all got it roots in the series lore and IRL mythology so it's not the worst idea, considering that every servant qualifies as berserker for some reason.