Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Zeratul Wow you spoiled the surprise

I did a DM to screenshare on Discord where I rolled with 712 sq. Got Jeanne Alter after only 90 sq which is a much, much better outcome than I was expecting. I also pulled NP2 Astolfo @Alexmender , Tamamo Cat, and 2030.

Screw FEH though. No Takumi after 246 orbs.

I'll eventually grail her to and Santa Lily to 100 and 10/10/10. That will be a while though since I'm completely out of resources from leveling her.

Where did this fraud joke start I really have no idea???

You have my condolences.

Sometimes you "beat the odds" in absolutely the worst way possible.

Congrats! then again the 2030 and NP2 Best trap could be considered highlights if you fancy that. I at least don't feel as bad because one person on my friend list already got a NP2 7/7/7 Lvl 89 Jalter set up so I can always use her even if she's not mine. 

Let's just say that only Fionn got me salty, if only it was another Liz...Welp, time to save whatever I can for Summer Martha. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Im just copying @Zeratul so im a counterfeiter feikah using a joke about frauds. 2poetic5me

Ironic memeing I see

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

120 quartz ended up used. Snagged:

Art of Death

NP2 Beowulf to back up my older Beowulf

Fran

Tamacat

.....Nightingale

I can sense the Madness Enhancement all the way from here.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Well, apparently the Priest didn't smile today. Nice.
How does it feel to be liberated from the waifu chains? Guess you can be a bit more liberal with your SQ now and that's a pretty big stash for the coming onslaught.

My next targets are Summer Odyssey/Summer Memory for Anne Bonny, Martha, and Artoria, and Nero Fest for Nero Bride. Any one of those would be enough for me.

I'm wondering if I should roll on the pre-event campaigh for F/Z for a chance at getting Gilgamesh. Nothing else out right now interests me as much as he does.

59 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm...I actually managed to pull Jeanne Alter within 200 SQ. Shortly after that, I went to the Cú Alter banner and managed to get 2 copies of him in the same summoning session and then I tried my luck at the Medb banner and I got her.

Other notable pulls were 2 copies of Lancelot, 5 copies of Edison, a 5th copy of Liz, a copy of D ‘Eon and a third copy of Astolfo. 

Today was a good day for me. All that within 450 SQs. Now I’ll need to work on those Servants. 

Post this on the roll thread and get an instant feature on Reddit Suicide Watch: Jeanne Alter Edition

43 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Congrats! then again the 2030 and NP2 Best trap could be considered highlights if you fancy that. I at least don't feel as bad because one person on my friend list already got a NP2 7/7/7 Lvl 89 Jalter set up so I can always use her even if she's not mine. 

Let's just say that only Fionn got me salty, if only it was another Liz...Welp, time to save whatever I can for Summer Martha. 

I want Liz so bad. Having triple Charisma with Jeanne Alter and Saber Alter is going to be fun.

Best of luck with Summer Martha! I'm aiming to get her too.

It'll be a while before I pull on this banner.  Luckily, I have a few days to sort it out.

Love the story so far, though. . .

Spoiler

Poor Alexander.  Leo needs to tone it down!

ugh fuck

the saber node can't come fast enough. i need more seeds.

getting to play with @MrSmokestack's Jalter is nice. the berserker mode gets a lot easier.

-Rama and Emiya hit FA

-Blackbeard/Bloodaxe/Shakespeare/benkei ascended to 3rd level. Waiting on more resources to get them all higher since I need more materials.

Rider node is easy but does anyone have a fully levelled non- JtR/MHX/Shiki for their assassin slot? I think all my luck's gone to pulling assassins recently.

-Horseshoes are the major bottleneck. Medusa/Fergus/Blackbeard/Boudicca/Billy all want them.

-Seeds are the other roadblock for now, since the saber node isn't up yet. Once it's up, I'll get seiba lily and nightengale to FA.

-Max skill nobu will happen soon enough.

-thank god for d'Eon and the multi-turn taunt+evade combo. I wish the NP had a bigger debuff

-If anyone wants the mona lisa drop rate boosting CEs on specific classes, feel free to ask.

I spent too much on the Jalter gacha.  I managed to get one of my purchases refunded, but at this point I feel that I can't trust myself with spending money on this game.  I can hold myself back from spending at all but once I start I have trouble stopping.  So now I'm only going to spend money on the guaranteed gachas.

It was stupid of me to do, anyways.  I already have her in JP anyway.

I’m not even past Camelot on JP, but I’ve been reading shit on Lostbelt 1.

Im liking what I see

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

-If anyone wants the mona lisa drop rate boosting CEs on specific classes, feel free to ask.

I'd say put it on a Rider, since the Caster node drops Mona Lisa primarily in addition to the hearts.

Just my opinion on it though.

@Czarpy Please keep Mona Lisa on Caster slot for now. If you get duplicates you can put them on Rider slot as well though.

5 hours ago, The Geek said:

I spent too much on the Jalter gacha.  I managed to get one of my purchases refunded, but at this point I feel that I can't trust myself with spending money on this game.  I can hold myself back from spending at all but once I start I have trouble stopping.  So now I'm only going to spend money on the guaranteed gachas.

Someone went $2000 deep on yesterday’s roll thread and got no SSRs. I don’t know how real that is but putting limits is absolutely necessary no matter how good or bad your luck is.

That roll thread was a massacre. The next edition of RSW will be an interesting one to read.

As far as the event goes:

40 AP Rider for Manuscripts

40 AP Lancer for Vitruvian Man

40 AP Assassin for Self-Portrait

40 AP Saber for Mona Lisa

The Louvre can also be spammed for Manuscripts if your team doesn’t suck, but Rider is so easy that it’s Christmas 50 vs 40 AP all over again.

47 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Czarpy Please keep Mona Lisa on Caster slot for now. If you get duplicates you can put them on Rider slot as well though.

Someone went $2000 deep on yesterday’s roll thread and got no SSRs. I don’t know how real that is but putting limits is absolutely necessary no matter how good or bad your luck is.

That roll thread was a massacre. The next edition of RSW will be an interesting one to read.

The Louvre can also be spammed for Manuscripts if your team doesn’t suck, but Rider is so easy that it’s Christmas 50 vs 40 AP all over again.

i got two copies of the mona lisa drop ce. Should I leave Tamamo in the caster slot or would people rather have Caster Liz or Nursery Rhyme?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

So Mona Lisa on Waver?

17 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ironic memeing I see

I can sense the Madness Enhancement all the way from here.

My next targets are Summer Odyssey/Summer Memory for Anne Bonny, Martha, and Artoria, and Nero Fest for Nero Bride. Any one of those would be enough for me.

I'm wondering if I should roll on the pre-event campaigh for F/Z for a chance at getting Gilgamesh. Nothing else out right now interests me as much as he does.

He doesn't even remember that he started the fraud calling.

On 10.1.2018 at 4:39 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@MrSmokestack is an alter fanfraud, her Saber Alter is grailed but it doesn't even have a single L6 skills SMH

17 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I want Liz so bad.

Meanwhile mine just sits in the Second Archive at first Ascension and does nothing.

---

Spoiler

The new 3* Avenger is awesome.

4 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Meanwhile mine just sits in the Second Archive at first Ascension and does nothing.

---

Hide contents

The new 3* Avenger is awesome.

Madness Enchancement happened

otoh was playing Extella for AP waiting, unlocked Arturia and all

WHO THE FUCK COMES UP WITH THAT

Gawain is great

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

i got two copies of the mona lisa drop ce. Should I leave Tamamo in the caster slot or would people rather have Caster Liz or Nursery Rhyme?

Nursery Rhyme is good for AOE clearing, but Tamamo is more useful as a support. I would keep her there.

57 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So Mona Lisa on Waver?

Yes, please. Refreshing support list for @QKumber‘s Waver is a pain.

22 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

A little something called Rare Saber Skill Gems happened. As soon as that was gone she was inmediately 10/5/10.

Again, not seeing the fraud here.

22 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Your rolls are cursed now. Have fun rolling for Iskandar.

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

otoh was playing Extella for AP waiting, unlocked Arturia and all

How are you liking it? I stopped playing after I got EX on every stage on all difficulties. Summoning Arturia on four stages is really grindy for no reason at all. The Mystic Code for that is the only one I’m missing.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nursery Rhyme is good for AOE clearing, but Tamamo is more useful as a support. I would keep her there.

A little something called Rare Saber Skill Gems happened. As soon as that was gone she was inmediately 10/5/10.

How are you liking it? I stopped playing after I got EX on every stage on all difficulties. Summoning Arturia on four stages is really grindy for no reason at all. The Mystic Code for that is the only one I’m missing.

Actually kinda like it, besides the whole Camera sucks thing. Only thing i hate is how slow the game is(e.g. low damage) and how uncontrolled Extella Maenuver are(its technically the same shit as Musou Attack in DW, but Musou attack kinda have variation instead of just an AOE Attack)

Also story mode 1 is annoying because i don't like nameless and nero's moveset. Haven't figured out Nameless, but Nero's best move(the sword swipe and Fire Flower thing) is kinda awkward for various reason and theres not enough word in this world to describe how much i hate her super mode. Gotta raise up Tamamo before going to Story 2 though

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

yeah but who's gonna use tamamo until the hard quests come along?

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Actually kinda like it, besides the whole Camera sucks thing. Only thing i hate is how slow the game is(e.g. low damage)

I agree the camera could be a lot better, and Extella Maneuvers are a bit broken.

None of the missions ever felt slow to me, though. There are Code Casts, Self Buffs, and Install Skills to beef up your damage, not to mention Moon Drive/Moon Crux. I used Nero, Artoria, and later Gil for most of my EX runs without any issues.

As much as I like Nameless’s style of gameplay, he is a very clunky character to play in practice. His strong attack loses the ability to combo into itself for reliable damage after he levels up for the finisher on it. His crowd control has to be spaced **perfectly** or he’ll get hit. I tried using him for the harder missions but I eventually stopped because I was spending more time camping and staying alive than killing stuff.

Tamamo is good but she takes a while to get going. Altera, Lu Bu, and Gil are top tier in the damage department in my opinion. Do you know the “Last Slot” install skill bonuses they have?

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

yeah but who's gonna use tamamo until the hard quests come along?

Anyone with Vlad/Nero Bride/Shiki/whatever. Most people have some OP carry units at this point. They are most likely just looking for strong buffing units to kick their damage up to eleven.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I agree the camera could be a lot better, and Extella Maneuvers are a bit broken.

None of the missions ever felt slow to me, though. There are Code Casts, Self Buffs, and Install Skills to beef up your damage, not to mention Moon Drive/Moon Crux. I used Nero, Artoria, and later Gil for most of my EX runs without any issues.

As much as I like Nameless’s style of gameplay, he is a very clunky character to play in practice. His strong attack loses the ability to combo into itself for reliable damage after he levels up for the finisher on it. His crowd control has to be spaced **perfectly** or he’ll get hit. I tried using him for the harder missions but I eventually stopped because I was spending more time camping and staying alive than killing stuff.

Tamamo is good but she takes a while to get going. Altera, Lu Bu, and Gil are top tier in the damage department in my opinion. Do you know the “Last Slot” install skill bonuses they have?

Anyone with Vlad/Nero Bride/Shiki/whatever. Most people have some OP carry units at this point. They are most likely just looking for strong buffing units to kick their damage up to eleven.

ah ok

man i wish there were more exp cards in each box. I've only gotten three of each cleared since I don't wanna blow all the gold and silver apples until certain nodes come in. I will probably farm the shit out of the rider node in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah the one where you slap skill on last slot for massive value boost right? IDK how to check it in game, but i know which had them for the most part. Cu had bonus on Defense IIRC. I think thats where Lu Bu got insane because his bonus is from the skill that boosts ATK per kill

Whats a self buff lol. I haven't really get to use the Code Cast damage up that much until just now actually(used the ATK buff alongside Nameless drive and crus and the CH1 Liz boss kinda took pretty good damage). For the record Moon drive is the normal transformation that not everyone have, while Moon Crux is the bigger transformation that everyone have and from what i heard, Nero and Tamamo and Altera have a special one that changed that moveset?

I really don't get nameless at all lol. C1 arrows seems like good for crowd clear but it feels awkward. C4 seems cool and apparently does good damage, but its SLOOOOW, C3 seems so disapointing at damage. C2 seems weirdly good but im not sure

Normal String is awkward for literally everyone in the cast besides Gawain but EMIYA manage to be even worse somehow for reasons unknown. His sword throwing thing shouldnt be as awkward as it is

So far only Gawain feels really comfortable since he kinda does most things well. C3 and Dash-C is cool for crowd, C4 for charging, C2 for quick damage. Also C5-2 murders things really well like damn especially during Moon Crux

30 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah the one where you slap skill on last slot for massive value boost right? IDK how to check it in game, but i know which had them for the most part. Cu had bonus on Defense IIRC. I think thats where Lu Bu got insane because his bonus is from the skill that boosts ATK per kill

No way of checking other than getting Bond 30 and putting skills in there to see for yourself. Not every character has one and some bonuses are definitely better than others. Off the top of my head they are:

Spoiler

Assumes Install Skill is +20 and placed in last (rightmost) slot.

Gilgamesh- Collector +63

Liz, Cu- Defense +43

Artoria, Karna- +51

Altera- Strength +31

Lu Bu- Bravery +53

Bravery is the clear winner here, but Collector is extremely helpful for doing the Artoria Quests 4 times

Whats a self buff lol.

Some characters have a yellow bar that says “READY”. On Xbox One controller yes I play PC with a controller you activate it by pressing L1 + Y. For a short amount of time you get a buff that increases range (Nameless, Artoria, Gawain), attack (Gil, Altera), or defense (Jeanne). When empty it fills up over time until it’s ready to be used again.

Li Shuwen has a very similar system, but his self-buff bar starts out empty. When you complete a combo with a strong finisher and it hits an enemy, holding down the finisher button gives him one full bar. He can do this up to two times in succession. Each time he does this, his strong attack is strengthened with additional damage, range, and super armor. With two full bars he can nuke giant aggressors in 2-3 hits.

Of note is that your character also gains the effect of their self buff when they enter Moon Drive / Moon Crux, and the effect of the self-buff, if active, is automatically canceled.

For the record Moon drive is the normal transformation that not everyone have, while Moon Crux is the bigger transformation that everyone have and from what i heard, Nero and Tamamo and Altera have a special one that changed that moveset?

Only Nero and Tamamo have altered movesets, so they have Moon Crux. Everyone else has Moon Drive.

Tamamo’s Moon Crux is much, much better than Nero’s because it inflicts poison, and you don’t even need to aim it.

Gawain is busted due to long range and EM gain.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No way of checking other than getting Bond 30 and putting skills in there to see for yourself. Not every character has one and some bonuses are definitely better than others. Off the top of my head they are:

Hide contents

Assumes Install Skill is +20 and placed in last (rightmost) slot.

Gilgamesh- Collector +63

Liz, Cu- Defense +43

Artoria, Karna- +51

Altera- Strength +31

Lu Bu- Bravery +53

Bravery is the clear winner here, but Collector is extremely helpful for doing the Artoria Quests 4 times

Some characters have a yellow bar that says “READY”. On Xbox One controller yes I play PC with a controller you activate it by pressing L1 + Y. For a short amount of time you get a buff that increases range (Nameless, Artoria, Gawain), attack (Gil, Altera), or defense (Jeanne). When empty it fills up over time until it’s ready to be used again.

Li Shuwen has a very similar system, but his self-buff bar starts out empty. When you complete a combo with a strong finisher and it hits an enemy, holding down the finisher button gives him one full bar. He can do this up to two times in succession. Each time he does this, his strong attack is strengthened with additional damage, range, and super armor. With two full bars he can nuke giant aggressors in 2-3 hits.

Of note is that your character also gains the effect of their self buff when they enter Moon Drive / Moon Crux, and the effect of the self-buff, if active, is automatically canceled.

Only Nero and Tamamo have altered movesets, so they have Moon Crux. Everyone else has Moon Drive.

Tamamo’s Moon Crux is much, much better than Nero’s because it inflicts poison, and you don’t even need to aim it.

Gawain is busted due to long range and EM gain.

ph self buff is what i thought to be Moon Drive lol

also what i forgot to mention is why is there no way to check movestring outside post chapter summary lol

If I don't roll Iskandar ... omae wa mo shindeiru.

I don't know either what he meant but I called you out once because you didn't roll for Lancer Alter even though she is technically within your fetish (Alter, "Saberface").

---

Got almost 3 School of Chaldea's. Tomorrow I can start farming with the shop.

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

I don't know either what he meant but I called you out once because you didn't roll for Lancer Alter even though she is technically within your fetish (Alter, "Saberface").

I’m not sure I would call it a “fetish” but ok.

I need a good rate up for Lancer Alter that isn’t being shared with a bunch of other units. I also would like to roll for Okita, Nero Bride, and Archuria.

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Got almost 3 School of Chaldea's. Tomorrow I can start farming with the shop.

Got my 3 SoCs yesterday. Gonna grind the fourth one today then work on manuscripts.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner For some reason I can’t edit posts, and I need to fix a typo I made on my last one:

Spoiler

Karna, Artoria- Mana Burst +51

Yeah, that sounds like my luck for the most part.  I was able to get the angry cat in JP today, though.

I keep feeling tempted to spend more money to get Jalter but I have to keep reminding myself of my resolve.