Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

14 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

His skillset is just Mana Burst, ATK buff, NP charge, and Golden Rule effect

Where are you seeing the Atk buff?

Unless it is Magic Resistance, every passive matters if it has a decent Rank (C and everything above that). Sieg's IA EX is incredibly baffling because it adds nothing to his kit and he doesn't capitalize from it in any way.

35 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

That said while Achilles looks good, my opinion on him drops considerably after his card set ended being Tristan Tier. Its not "bad", but my first look was thinking hes a Brynhildr, Kuro, or Kintok

... that's not bad, is it? Like he is Kintoki SSR Edition and that's amazing. He has better durability and can share with his team through his Taunt, a very high rank in Riding (like a Rider that can use Riding? Blasphemy) and can boost his crits which is amazing for Riders with their high star weight.
The only difference is that his NP is AoE which makes Kintoki the better boss killer (especially with the ease of NP5). But this might benefit him more since he can produce a convincing amount of stars with his NP (especially with essentially triple Quick buffs) for the team while retaining solid damage through boosted crits.

I mean he has tough competition in Ozymandios, Quetzalcoatl and Ivan but damn he is good. I was expecting some cookie cutter kit based on his Apocrypha skills.

Yeah, Chiron is something else.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Where are you seeing the Atk buff?

Unless it is Magic Resistance, every passive matters if it has a decent Rank (C and everything above that). Sieg's IA EX is incredibly baffling because it adds nothing to his kit and he doesn't capitalize from it in any way.

... that's not bad, is it? Like he is Kintoki SSR Edition and that's amazing. He has better durability and can share with his team through his Taunt, a very high rank in Riding (like a Rider that can use Riding? Blasphemy) and can boost his crits which is amazing for Riders with their high star weight.
The only difference is that his NP is AoE which makes Kintoki the better boss killer (especially with the ease of NP5). But this might benefit him more since he can produce a convincing amount of stars with his NP (especially with essentially triple Quick buffs) for the team while retaining solid damage through boosted crits.

I mean he has tough competition in Ozymandios, Quetzalcoatl and Ivan but damn he is good. I was expecting some cookie cutter kit based on his Apocrypha skills.

Yeah, Chiron is something else.

NP does Def debuff

.....its basically Charisma tied on NP plz

I disagree with Riding is useless when you have 1 Q viewpoint lately after i took a quick look at the game's mechanic but eh. Mainly because once servant have 3 Quick hitcounts, which is pretty much most servant now, they can produce 6 stars off it alone, which is super good when backed with Star Per turn CEs. Most Riding happen to be enough to make the chance for 2 stars per hit get the 200% magic number.

But its a hard reach to call him Kintoki SSR edition. While its true he have 2 arts card to Kintoki's QQABB, his Arts card isnt bullshit like Chiron. A large portion of Kintoki's power comes from his card and for comparison if you apply OC1 Achilles buff and activate all of his skilsl his Quick Card is around as good as UNBUFFED Kintoki.

So yeah when i first saw Achilles, my mental image of him is him having Kintoki Tier card and that really makes him feels way more busted. And had his card quality is at least Brynhildr which would be simmilar to Shiki and MHX with his card set for example, i would still think hes ridiculous. But the quality drop into Tristan is a lot. I still think hes awesome, as much as i hate the dumbness of PfA on Taunt which doesn't matter much to begin with

I mean before the info is out card quality is the only reason i bother to hype up Sieg >_> And he was 1 hit on NP away from living up to that hype

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

43 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

But the quality drop into Tristan is a lot.

I would argue that's not too much of a difference for crit Riders like these two because their NP gain just skyrockets for each crit anyway. Plus having another Arts card does have its merits for consistency. Giving away some of his NP gain for a ridicilous skill set seems a like good trade, especially since he should have better star gen than Kintoki. Achilles has the added merit of being a good team player while Kintoki is pretty much selfish.

12 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I would argue that's not too much of a difference for crit Riders like these two because their NP gain just skyrockets for each crit anyway. Plus having another Arts card does have its merits for consistency. Giving away some of his NP gain for a ridicilous skill set seems a like good trade, especially since he should have better star gen than Kintoki. Achilles has the added merit of being a good team player while Kintoki is pretty much selfish.

speaking of which

Achilles 2nd isnt a nerfed PfA. Its Eye of the Mind True

So yeah i have no problem with him atm

I find it funny how his 1st skill is well.... i would argue worse than TMD and definitely worse than IAEX, but can't get everything

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Oh yeah if anyone wonders this meaningless shit

Is Sieg's stats actually bad?

Yes. His stats is comparable to Edison. He's one of those servant whose stats is legitimately bad. LIke not badly distributed, not "Saber Lilly" or people think its bad but it really isn't which is rare but its there. Its just bad. low ATK, mid range ish HP, and 1000 less stats total than the ussual or peaks. You mainly expect standard Caster SR to have 20.500 stats total. Sieg have 19.500+ alongside Edison

Other example of this is Kiyohime Lancer and Hijikata

but aren't kiyo lancer and hijikata built around skillsets and NPs that are kinda glass cannonish.

Edison at least has some unique utility, but it seems that sieg is just a bland farming servant.

goddamnit i want achilles so bad.

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Achilles 2nd isnt a nerfed PfA. Its Eye of the Mind True

EotM True's evade only lasts for a single turn.  Andreias Amarantos lasts for two attacks within the next 5 turns, more like PfA's evades.

2 invincibility with an 5 turn expiration timer, and a 20% defense buff for three turns at 10.

Ah Cardboard-kun

I’ll say this right now - he shows more personality in the prologue (translation for it is on Reddit btw) of this event then he ever musters in Apocrypha.

I have hopes for him in this event character wise. Gameplay wise? He can... Spam his AoE NP and has an Arts Battery with Territory Creation to Round it out.

but he has 7.5k Attack.

>Achilles

This man’s a beast. He isn’t nearly as broken as Ivan but his kit is rather respectable.

Skill 1 is Quick and Crit damage up for 3 turns at 10-30%. CD is 5 turns at max.

Skill 2 is 2 hit Invuln that lasts for 5 turns if the 2 hits don’t pop, and a 3 turn Def buff. THE CD FOR THIS FUCKING SKILL IS 5 TURNS AT MAX. 

Skill 3 is a 1 turn Taunt with 30% NP Gauge increase and a 1 turn 30% NP Gain buff in the same vein as Golden Rule. The CD for this skill is 6 turns at max.

NP is AoE Quick that has an built in 1 turn Quick buff that goes from 20-60% depending on Overcharge.

His NP Gain is pretty average - so you can’t do the same stupid back to back NP shit that Rider!Kintoki does effortlessly (this is because Achilles’s star Gen is average and he’ll reach 30 stars usually.) There is usually a turn between his NPs.

I haven’t fucked around with Chirion to form an opinion other than the usual Kreygasm response of “tfw targetable all Card buff Geronimo eat ur fucking heart out”

also the datamine for Achilles here:

https://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/svtData.html?no=206

Edited by N30

24 minutes ago, N30 said:

Ah Cardboard-kun

I’ll say this right now - he shows more personality in the prologue (translation for it is on Reddit btw) of this event then he ever musters in Apocrypha.

I have hopes for him in this event character wise. Gameplay wise? He can... Spam his AoE NP and has an Arts Battery with Territory Creation to Round it out.

but he has 7.5k Attack.

>Achilles

This man’s a beast. He isn’t nearly as broken as Ivan but his kit is rather respectable.

Skill 1 is Quick and Crit damage up for 3 turns at 10-30%. CD is 5 turns at max.

Skill 2 is 2 hit Invuln that lasts for 5 turns if the 2 hits don’t pop, and a 3 turn Def buff. THE CD FOR THIS FUCKING SKILL IS 5 TURNS AT MAX. 

Skill 3 is a 1 turn Taunt with 30% NP Gauge increase and a 1 turn 30% NP Gain buff in the same vein as Golden Rule. The CD for this skill is 6 turns at max.

NP is AoE Quick that has an built in 1 turn Quick buff that goes from 20-60% depending on Overcharge.

His NP Gain is pretty average - so you can’t do the same stupid back to back NP shit that Rider!Kintoki does effortlessly (this is because Achilles’s star Gen is average and he’ll reach 30 stars usually.) There is usually a turn between his NPs.

I haven’t fucked around with Chirion to form an opinion other than the usual Kreygasm response of “tfw targetable all Card buff Geronimo eat ur fucking heart out”

also the datamine for Achilles here:

https://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/svtData.html?no=206

Achilles is ridiculous.

I want him, particularly in a team with waver+jack. 

hahaha wtf Sieg sucks so bad like wtf

they could have just given him a party +damage against dragons and -damage taken from dragons. That would have at least made him have some niche utility. (Well, he'd probably be OP as anti-artoria support if that was the case.)

do event servants get strengthening quests?

34 minutes ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy Chloe did. It didn’t do shit but there is precedence for this sort of thing.

isn't she like one of the best event welfares, right behind BB and rider kintoki?

man rashoumon and onigashima are gonna be fun when rama gets maxed out further.

lol fate apocrypha event and no mordred animation update.

@Czarpy Yep she is.
The buff in question was for her 3rd skill (via interlude). It now also increases Buff success rate for all Illyasviel von Einzbern allies for 3 turns.

Read: Nothing

1 minute ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy Yep she is.
The buff in question was for her 3rd skill (via interlude). It now also increases Buff success rate for all Illyasviel von Einzbern allies for 3 turns.

I'd like it better if it worked on a pool that was beyond just fucking illya/kuro.

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

He's a Master and his strongest feature have always been really high mana value.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WHAT IF THE FEET

IS

ALTERED

I would whale for Okita Alter. And probably @MaskedAmpharos too

In the welfare pool, I’m looking forward to Chloe, Santa Lily, Chacha, and BB. Santa Lily is by far my most anticipated as I’ll be grailing her to 100 and 10/10/10 as I’ve said in the past. 

7 hours ago, Czarpy said:

fraud didn't roll for cu alter tsk tsk

Cu doesn’t look like a Saberface to me.

25 minutes ago, N30 said:

It increases Buff success rate for all Illyasviel von Einzbern allies for 3 turns.

Illyaface meta incoming

...Is it just me or do Zayd the Base, Makul the Swift, and Gozul the Strong count as servants? I got 3 servants defeated on my mission progress, then I did Giant Chasm A and it shot up to 9.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would whale for Okita Alter. And probably @MaskedAmpharos too

In the welfare pool, I’m looking forward to Chloe, Santa Lily, Chacha, and BB. Santa Lily is by far my most anticipated as I’ll be grailing her to 100 and 10/10/10 as I’ve said in the past. 

Cu doesn’t look like a Saberface to me.

Illyaface meta incoming

i swear you cursed my gacha luck for this event.

I just rolled a 5 star CE, only for it to turn into a holy king CE...which is fun for shenanigans I guess?

i don't even want Iskandar specifically, just the damned volumen hydragymrum CE for Lu Bu so he can wreck Journey to the West easier lol.

I want Achilles but I have Penthesilea so she's probably scaring him away.  Chiron would be great too.  Horse-sensei~

EDIT:  Oh hey, got Chiron.  Nice.

Edited by The Geek

12 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I would whale for Okita Alter

Spoiler

317?cb=20150911123229

That's Okita Alter for reference.

17 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Achilles 2nd isnt a nerfed PfA.

It most definetly is PfA but it's Cu Alter's one with its 2 hit restriction.

11 minutes ago, The Priest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

317?cb=20150911123229

It most definetly is PfA but it's Cu Alter's one with its 2 hit restriction.

WIth how much my opinion on him flip flopped i'm really sure he'd spook in  2 years

15 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

WIth how much my opinion on him flip flopped i'm really sure he'd spook in  2 years

you mean in two years when they reveal saber diarmud in JP?

26 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Well, this comment is now amusing.  Mordred's animation update was released today.

welp

I'm legit looking forward to the trifecta of banners I wanna roll on during the summer.

wonder why summer mordred is considered bad tho.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

welp

I'm legit looking forward to the trifecta of banners I wanna roll on during the summer.

On release her NP gen is shit

If you activate her arts buff her NP gen is about as good as Lancelot kind of shit

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

On release her NP gen is shit

If you activate her arts buff her NP gen is about as good as Lancelot kind of shit

berserkerlot or saberlot?

eh fuckit. we're all rolling for the summer servants anyways. 

3 hours ago, The Priest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

317?cb=20150911123229

Dislikes: When no rares drop after rolling 10 gachas

Yeah, time to bust out the wallet.

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Was. Was considered bad.

Her NP Gain was among the worst in the game on release, but some time later they adjusted it due to the complaints. Now she’s actually a solid Arts AOE spammer with some support.

Spoiler

Cries in Astolfo