Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the main story of the Fate/Zero event.

Man, this is one of the best events I ever played. I loved the mission system from KnK and seeing it return here is a nice touch. Grinding is also fairly relaxed and there is plenty of time to get everything one wants to obtain. The story was incredible, but I am likely biased since I also loved Fate/Zero to bits. I even turned off turbo mode for some of the battles just to hear the music and make everything seem epic (even if my team was overleveled and made things easy).

Now I really wish I had a Waver of my own instead of constantly relying on Support Wavers.  Kerry would also be nice, but I do not have the quartz or the funds to spare to throw at this focus. Gotta save funds for the guaranteed gachas!

42 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Hide contents

Changes from previous list

Medea A -> S
It was brought up before and I also think it is quite justified. We're starting to get to the point where her buff removal starts to matter a lot.

Hassan of the Hundred Personas B
Despite being more Arts-focused this Hassan is not bad at its role as an Assassin, generating quite a bit of stars thanks to a high Rank in PC and the 1st skill. Problem is its damage output is almost as bad as CA Hassan and the chance-based card buff makes it too unreliable.

S:
- Mash Kyrielight
- Robin Hood
- Cu Chulainn (Fate Stay Night)
- Medea
- Hans Christian Andersen

Reveal hidden contents

These Servants are the best of their kind. All of them can fit in most teams and will bring great results.
Mash is the only Servant in the game that sports 0 cost and comes with several supportive skills that tremendously bolster your defense. Having a combination of Taunt and Invincibility makes your entire party immune against damage for an entire turn and both her NP and skill will reduce further damage to an acceptable amount. There is no literally no reason to ever exclude Mashu if you can optimize the rest of party and have a spot open.
Hans takes the title of best budget support. Thanks to his skill he can fire his NP off the first turn to buff the entire team which is a great boon for any team. There is a random factor attached to it and his low stats don't really help his longevity in combat but Hans has no problem to spam his NP several times before he cross that line.
Cu Chulainn can always be included as a Servant for the backrow and excels to fix unpleasant situations. He is nigh indestrucible thanks to Protection of Arrows and even has an additional Guts skill to keep him covered. His NP deals decent damage with a defense debuff, complementing Cu's role very nicely.
Robin Hood makes the cut to S despite needing a team that helps him to build up his NP gauge. He pretty much functions as a 1-time nuke outside of Arts Team and cannot contribute much otherwise due to his bad stat distribution and mediocre skills. However his NP damage is so absurdly high and he is borderline broken in a dedicated team, making him the best general boss killer in the 3* department.
Medea is an unique Servant since she is able to nullify buffs with her ST NP which she can spam with ease. That makes her incredible useful for fights in which Servants tend to spam buffs which become more common later on. While her NP damage output is much lower the fact that she can spam it more than makes up for it and can give her devastating amount of damage if coupled with buffs.

A:
- Gaius Julius Caesar
- Euryale
- David
- Billy the Kid
- Cu Chulainn (Prototype)
- Leonidas
- Ushiwakamaru
- St. George
- Lu Bu

Reveal hidden contents

This tier includes mostly Servants that are either very good in specific compositions, can provide good support or have defined roles that can be quite essential for harder content. They do have some flaws but they aren't that detrimental to make these Servants less desireable.
Caesar and Ushiwakamaru have the Charisma skill and feature a decent ST NP for solid damage output. Unfortunately they are both Quick-based which limits their damage potential somewhat but they make great Support Servants nonetheless.
David is an even better Support Servant with his party-wide Evade skill and his NP can seal an enemy's NP for an extra turn of action. However his deck doesn't match with his NP, resulting in a mismatched deck that lessens his damage output a bit.
Euryale will be an essential Servant later on due to her role as male counter. She deals tons of damage against male enemies and will trivialize a lot of the toughest boss fights in the game, which earns her place in the A-Tier.
Billy the Kid is the master of crits. He has the highest Crit multiplier in the game, allowing him to deal deal devastating amount of damage. If that doesn't do the job he can fire off his ST NP quite frequently. The only problem is that his buffs only last a single turn, so he quickly loses steam until he can use his skills again. Nonetheless he is quite unique and while he requires a bit of a setup he performs very well with it.
Proto Cu functions similarly to his original counterpart, trading some of the legendary endurance for the ability to kill Beast-type enemies like the dreaded Chimeras. It makes him more situational but he is still a solid Lancer even outside of that role and can perform just as well as the original Cu as a backup Servant.
Leonidas and St. George are great tanks. Both have Taunt and Guts which are essential for their role. The difference between them lies within their deck and the way how they incorporate the Taunt effect. St. George is more suited for Arts team and has his Taunt right away for 3 turns. Leonidas in the other hand is better for Buster Teams but relies on his NP for the Taunt and his Taunt skill last only 1 turn but provides a buff to his NP generation. On top of that his NP will provide an ample amount of Critical stars, further increasing his value as offensive support.
Lu Bu is often dubbed as discount Heracles and rightfully so; that's a huge compliment btw. He has the highest attack of any 3* Servant and features 3 Buster cards alongside a ST Buster NP.  His Valor skill futher increases his impressive offensive. However, he is quite frail and his defense buff is somewhat lackluster compared to an Evade or even Guts skill.

B:
- Fergus Mac Roich
- Gilgamesh (Kid Gil)
- Arash
- Hector
- Medusa
- Alexander
- Edward Teach
- Cu Chulainn (Caster)
- Paracelsus
- Mozart
- Jing Ke
- Hassan of the Hundred Personas
- Hassan of the Cursed Arm
- Sasaki Kojirou
- Asterios

Reveal hidden contents

B-Tier contains all the above-average stuff. They are all solid picks and have some niches that can make them shine but will have some flaws attached to them or have a harder time to distinguish themselves from others.
Fergus is a Saber that copied Lu Bu and learned a thing or two about survival. That makes him useful for Buster-oriented teams and he will function decently enough in them. However he lacks the raw damage output of the Berserker class compared to Lu Bu and compared to Caesar he is very selfish outside of his NP.
Kid Gil has some solid skills to his disposal, including Charisma at its highest level. This alone makes him solid Support but he backs it up with solid damage output and NP generation. The only downside to him is his AoE NP which doesn't deal a lot of damage and the effects are too mediocre to compensate that.
Arash is known for his role as a suicide bomber. While that may sound like that you have to fight with 5 Servants instead of 6 this makes him universally useable in any team that wants to have a quick wave clear and being a 1* Servant makes him incredibly cheap. He has incredible AoE damage and will especially shine against multiple Saber Servants who will get destroyed by him. However, don't expect him to do anything outside of that.
Hector has an unimpressive skill set but compensates that for a AoE NP that can apply a defense debuff and ignores defense. He is able to Buster Brave Chain with NP which makes him useful against multiple Archers. Proof of Friendship can be a panic button, though a bit unreliable.
Medusa and Alexander have AoE NPs that allows them to clear a wave with relatively ease, making them very useful Servants for farming (especially the daily Treasure Vault quests). There is really no big difference between them though Medusa has a slight edge over Alexander since she is able to use her NP more frequently.
Blackbeard can be even better in that role due being Buster-based and featuring several attack buffs to bolster his damage output. However he suffers in everything else due to his low stats as a 2* Servant.
Caster Cu profits from Protection form Arrows which his Lancer counterparts share with him. However he is unimpressive on the offensive. He suffers from a mismatched deck and an AoE-NP, reducing his viability in boss fights. While his lack of damage is mitigated somewhat by his passives and 1st skill, it makes Caster Cu overall a mediocre offensive Caster.
Paracelsus while lacking somewhat in offensive stats can be quite useful against waves of Assassin as he is able to charge his NP pretty quickly. Like Mozart he can boost the Arts performance of the party but trades power for duration. Outside of that he has a targetable Guts skill which can come in handy. Overall he is a more support-oriented Caster with the niche of being a budget AoE Caster.
Mozart has one clear role; being useful in Arts teams. His deck is Arts-based, his Arts NP applies solid debuffs and his skill boosts the Arts cards of your team (imagine Robin Hood with that sweet damage). Outside of that he is pretty much a 1* Servant, so he suffers from bad stats.
Jing Ke has good offensive stats for an Assassin and even has a ST NP. However she suffers from low hit counts for an Assassin which makes her worse in terms of star generation compared to her fellow Assassins. While she can increase her own star weight she cannot boost her critical damage and being a Quick-based Servant limits her damage potential even further.
Hundred Personas (abbreviated as HFH) has very solid skills, giving him surprisingly good star generation despite being mostly Arts-based. The problem is that his Atk is very low and his only damage buff is chance-based, making his overall damage output very unreliable compared to other options.
Hassan of the Cursed Arm should be your primary choice for a Crit star generator. Similar to Cu Hassan has a broken Evade skill, giving him good sustain, and the rest of his kit bolsters his Crit star generation to a level where only few can hope to compete with him. The downside of using CA Hassan is his low Atk, making him less suitable for dealing damage.
Asterios is a quite unique Berserker since his NP provides hefty debuffs on enemies which lasts a good amount of time and therefore could be stacked for . He has decent damage outside of that, his skills and class giving him the edge he needs despite being a 1* but to use him in a more general fashion you will need to spend Grails on him, making him quite expensive outside of few niche scenarios.

C:
- Romulus
- Diarmuid
- Boudica
- Mephistopheles
- Charles Babbage
- Shakespeare
- Henry Jekyll & Hyde
- Charles-Henri Sanson
- Mata Hari
- Darius
- Kiyohime
- Caligula
- Eric Bloodaxe
- Spartacus

Reveal hidden contents

Servants from this tier range from just medicore to below-average. They aren't that good and there are alternatives in the higher tiers that will perform better.
Romulus is pretty unimpressive and mostly outclassed by the other 3*s. In terms of AoE NPs Hector outdamages him vastly thanks to his NP interlude and Tactics skill, while his strongest buffs is tied to Imperial Privilege which is most times too unreliable.
Diarmuid suffers from the same problem and has to compare himself against Cu. Unless you like our Fate/Zero Lancer you shouldn't use him since he lacks both damage or durability compared to other alternatives. He has a buff removal on his ST NP which can be situationally useful.
Boudica is plagued by bad stats and only provides defensive buffs with her NP which isn't good enough for a Support-oriented Servant. She will get better with her Strengthening Quest though.
Mephisto has a mismatched deck, a skill set that is all over the place and really bad stats. He doesn't know what he wants to be and that makes him quite lackluster.
Babbage fails utterly in his role as an offensive Caster thanks to his atrocious stats. He has the worst Atk among all 3* Servants and having an AoE NP on top of that makes him pretty awful. His only saving grace are his skills that boost his damage output to somewhat acceptable levels. While there is a distinct lack of AoE damage among the Casters, Paracelsus will always serve you better than Babbage.
Shakespeare has a Buster buff which can be useful but he is kinda useless outside of that. Like Boudica he will see some improvements later down the line.
Mata Hari and Sanson can excel in very specific situations. Outside of that they are not really good and Kojiro or Hassan are much better choices as your Assassin.
Jekyll can't utilize his full potential due to his gimmick. This gimmick of his robs him a NP and his deck prohibits him from performing Buster Brave Chains. Add to the fact that his Crit damage is wasted on his Berserker form thanks to their low innate Star weight he really doesn't perform well enough to compensate the fact that his Assassin form is utterly useless.
Darius has nothing special about him besides his NP. Being a Berserker his deck and stats do not match up with his forte, which is a shame since his NP provides good debuffs. Other Berserkers provide better performance or a more noticeable niche than him.
Kiyohime and Spartacus are Berserkers that have an AoE NP. Due to their class this makes them effective wave clearers for general use though they require buffs for them to do so reliably. Outside of that both feature poor base Atk, making them less useful for boss fights.
Caligula is an unreliable Servant but has a lot of damage potential. All of his skills give a massive damage increase but Imperial Privilege is ever so unreliable and Sadist gives him a Defense debuff which can be fatal for a fragile Berserker. His NP is useless as well.
Eric has some uses as a debuffer thanks to his 1st skill. However his low stats hold him back and his NP is quite literally suicidal which doesn't bode well for his overall performance.

D:
- Gilles (Saber)
- Benkei
- Geronimo
- The Phantom of the Opera
These are the worst Servants in the game. Unless you have masochismic tendencies, avoid these at all costs.

You forgot to rate Caster Gilles BabyRage

Also Kojibro doesn't have a description.

I'm at 41 missions complete, which is an incredibly lazy pace compared to Garden of Order. I'm running out of refills and I'm hesitating to go all out on the grind in case I get hit with that bug from yesterday.

56 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm at 41 missions complete, which is an incredibly lazy pace compared to Garden of Order. I'm running out of refills and I'm hesitating to go all out on the grind in case I get hit with that bug from yesterday.

You have two weeks and then some.  I'm pulling in medals at an incredible rate, so I think you'll be fine with natural regen.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

@Zeratul what happened to Kojirou's description?  It's not like I used a bunch of grails on him. . . :P:

He is practising his Presence Concealment. Fixed.

58 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Not going to rate this guy, we talked about this. Unless a story-locked 3* is handed out to you for free (like Caster Cu) then I'm not going to add him because it requires SQ to get him. Fortunately we only have 2 more that follow Caster Gilles' shoes so it shouldn't matter too much.

Besides the guy is an easy E. He is unsalvageable trash.

You must be doing something wrong because I am at 46 missions, finished ACT-14 and had zero refills so far. I might get one sooner or later since I'm quite close at getting another Master level.

Edited by Zeratul

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Speaking of which, we got a new 3*, didn'T we? You all know what that means:

Hide contents

Changes from previous list

Medea A -> S
It was brought up before and I also think it is quite justified. We're starting to get to the point where her buff removal starts to matter a lot.

Hassan of the Hundred Personas B
Despite being more Arts-focused this Hassan is not bad at its role as an Assassin, generating quite a bit of stars thanks to a high Rank in PC and the 1st skill. Problem is its damage output is almost as bad as CA Hassan and the chance-based card buff makes it too unreliable.

S:
- Mash Kyrielight
- Robin Hood
- Cu Chulainn (Fate Stay Night)
- Medea
- Hans Christian Andersen

Hide contents

These Servants are the best of their kind. All of them can fit in most teams and will bring great results.
Mash is the only Servant in the game that sports 0 cost and comes with several supportive skills that tremendously bolster your defense. Having a combination of Taunt and Invincibility makes your entire party immune against damage for an entire turn and both her NP and skill will reduce further damage to an acceptable amount. There is no literally no reason to ever exclude Mashu if you can optimize the rest of party and have a spot open.
Hans takes the title of best budget support. Thanks to his skill he can fire his NP off the first turn to buff the entire team which is a great boon for any team. There is a random factor attached to it and his low stats don't really help his longevity in combat but Hans has no problem to spam his NP several times before he cross that line.
Cu Chulainn can always be included as a Servant for the backrow and excels to fix unpleasant situations. He is nigh indestrucible thanks to Protection of Arrows and even has an additional Guts skill to keep him covered. His NP deals decent damage with a defense debuff, complementing Cu's role very nicely.
Robin Hood makes the cut to S despite needing a team that helps him to build up his NP gauge. He pretty much functions as a 1-time nuke outside of Arts Team and cannot contribute much otherwise due to his bad stat distribution and mediocre skills. However his NP damage is so absurdly high and he is borderline broken in a dedicated team, making him the best general boss killer in the 3* department.
Medea is an unique Servant since she is able to nullify buffs with her ST NP which she can spam with ease. That makes her incredible useful for fights in which Servants tend to spam buffs which become more common later on. While her NP damage output is much lower the fact that she can spam it more than makes up for it and can give her devastating amount of damage if coupled with buffs.

A:
- Gaius Julius Caesar
- Euryale
- David
- Billy the Kid
- Cu Chulainn (Prototype)
- Leonidas
- Ushiwakamaru
- St. George
- Lu Bu

Hide contents

This tier includes mostly Servants that are either very good in specific compositions, can provide good support or have defined roles that can be quite essential for harder content. They do have some flaws but they aren't that detrimental to make these Servants less desireable.
Caesar and Ushiwakamaru have the Charisma skill and feature a decent ST NP for solid damage output. Unfortunately they are both Quick-based which limits their damage potential somewhat but they make great Support Servants nonetheless.
David is an even better Support Servant with his party-wide Evade skill and his NP can seal an enemy's NP for an extra turn of action. However his deck doesn't match with his NP, resulting in a mismatched deck that lessens his damage output a bit.
Euryale will be an essential Servant later on due to her role as male counter. She deals tons of damage against male enemies and will trivialize a lot of the toughest boss fights in the game, which earns her place in the A-Tier.
Billy the Kid is the master of crits. He has the highest Crit multiplier in the game, allowing him to deal deal devastating amount of damage. If that doesn't do the job he can fire off his ST NP quite frequently. The only problem is that his buffs only last a single turn, so he quickly loses steam until he can use his skills again. Nonetheless he is quite unique and while he requires a bit of a setup he performs very well with it.
Proto Cu functions similarly to his original counterpart, trading some of the legendary endurance for the ability to kill Beast-type enemies like the dreaded Chimeras. It makes him more situational but he is still a solid Lancer even outside of that role and can perform just as well as the original Cu as a backup Servant.
Leonidas and St. George are great tanks. Both have Taunt and Guts which are essential for their role. The difference between them lies within their deck and the way how they incorporate the Taunt effect. St. George is more suited for Arts team and has his Taunt right away for 3 turns. Leonidas in the other hand is better for Buster Teams but relies on his NP for the Taunt and his Taunt skill last only 1 turn but provides a buff to his NP generation. On top of that his NP will provide an ample amount of Critical stars, further increasing his value as offensive support.
Lu Bu is often dubbed as discount Heracles and rightfully so; that's a huge compliment btw. He has the highest attack of any 3* Servant and features 3 Buster cards alongside a ST Buster NP.  His Valor skill futher increases his impressive offensive. However, he is quite frail and his defense buff is somewhat lackluster compared to an Evade or even Guts skill.

B:
- Fergus Mac Roich
- Gilgamesh (Kid Gil)
- Arash
- Hector
- Medusa
- Alexander
- Edward Teach
- Cu Chulainn (Caster)
- Paracelsus
- Mozart
- Jing Ke
- Hassan of the Hundred Personas
- Hassan of the Cursed Arm
- Sasaki Kojirou
- Asterios

Hide contents

B-Tier contains all the above-average stuff. They are all solid picks and have some niches that can make them shine but will have some flaws attached to them or have a harder time to distinguish themselves from others.
Fergus is a Saber that copied Lu Bu and learned a thing or two about survival. That makes him useful for Buster-oriented teams and he will function decently enough in them. However he lacks the raw damage output of the Berserker class compared to Lu Bu and compared to Caesar he is very selfish outside of his NP.
Kid Gil has some solid skills to his disposal, including Charisma at its highest level. This alone makes him solid Support but he backs it up with solid damage output and NP generation. The only downside to him is his AoE NP which doesn't deal a lot of damage and the effects are too mediocre to compensate that.
Arash is known for his role as a suicide bomber. While that may sound like that you have to fight with 5 Servants instead of 6 this makes him universally useable in any team that wants to have a quick wave clear and being a 1* Servant makes him incredibly cheap. He has incredible AoE damage and will especially shine against multiple Saber Servants who will get destroyed by him. However, don't expect him to do anything outside of that.
Hector has an unimpressive skill set but compensates that for a AoE NP that can apply a defense debuff and ignores defense. He is able to Buster Brave Chain with NP which makes him useful against multiple Archers. Proof of Friendship can be a panic button, though a bit unreliable.
Medusa and Alexander have AoE NPs that allows them to clear a wave with relatively ease, making them very useful Servants for farming (especially the daily Treasure Vault quests). There is really no big difference between them though Medusa has a slight edge over Alexander since she is able to use her NP more frequently.
Blackbeard can be even better in that role due being Buster-based and featuring several attack buffs to bolster his damage output. However he suffers in everything else due to his low stats as a 2* Servant.
Caster Cu profits from Protection form Arrows which his Lancer counterparts share with him. However he is unimpressive on the offensive. He suffers from a mismatched deck and an AoE-NP, reducing his viability in boss fights. While his lack of damage is mitigated somewhat by his passives and 1st skill, it makes Caster Cu overall a mediocre offensive Caster.
Paracelsus while lacking somewhat in offensive stats can be quite useful against waves of Assassin as he is able to charge his NP pretty quickly. Like Mozart he can boost the Arts performance of the party but trades power for duration. Outside of that he has a targetable Guts skill which can come in handy. Overall he is a more support-oriented Caster with the niche of being a budget AoE Caster.
Mozart has one clear role; being useful in Arts teams. His deck is Arts-based, his Arts NP applies solid debuffs and his skill boosts the Arts cards of your team (imagine Robin Hood with that sweet damage). Outside of that he is pretty much a 1* Servant, so he suffers from bad stats.
Jing Ke has good offensive stats for an Assassin and even has a ST NP. However she suffers from low hit counts for an Assassin which makes her worse in terms of star generation compared to her fellow Assassins. While she can increase her own star weight she cannot boost her critical damage and being a Quick-based Servant limits her damage potential even further.
Hundred Personas (abbreviated as HFH) has very solid skills, giving him surprisingly good star generation despite being mostly Arts-based. The problem is that his Atk is very low and his only damage buff is chance-based, making his overall damage output very unreliable compared to other options.
Hassan of the Cursed Arm should be your primary choice for a Crit star generator. Similar to Cu Hassan has a broken Evade skill, giving him good sustain, and the rest of his kit bolsters his Crit star generation to a level where only few can hope to compete with him. The downside of using CA Hassan is his low Atk, making him less suitable for dealing damage.
Asterios is a quite unique Berserker since his NP provides hefty debuffs on enemies which lasts a good amount of time and therefore could be stacked for . He has decent damage outside of that, his skills and class giving him the edge he needs despite being a 1* but to use him in a more general fashion you will need to spend Grails on him, making him quite expensive outside of few niche scenarios.

C:
- Romulus
- Diarmuid
- Boudica
- Mephistopheles
- Charles Babbage
- Shakespeare
- Henry Jekyll & Hyde
- Charles-Henri Sanson
- Mata Hari
- Darius
- Kiyohime
- Caligula
- Eric Bloodaxe
- Spartacus

Reveal hidden contents

Servants from this tier range from just medicore to below-average. They aren't that good and there are alternatives in the higher tiers that will perform better.
Romulus is pretty unimpressive and mostly outclassed by the other 3*s. In terms of AoE NPs Hector outdamages him vastly thanks to his NP interlude and Tactics skill, while his strongest buffs is tied to Imperial Privilege which is most times too unreliable.
Diarmuid suffers from the same problem and has to compare himself against Cu. Unless you like our Fate/Zero Lancer you shouldn't use him since he lacks both damage or durability compared to other alternatives. He has a buff removal on his ST NP which can be situationally useful.
Boudica is plagued by bad stats and only provides defensive buffs with her NP which isn't good enough for a Support-oriented Servant. She will get better with her Strengthening Quest though.
Mephisto has a mismatched deck, a skill set that is all over the place and really bad stats. He doesn't know what he wants to be and that makes him quite lackluster.
Babbage fails utterly in his role as an offensive Caster thanks to his atrocious stats. He has the worst Atk among all 3* Servants and having an AoE NP on top of that makes him pretty awful. His only saving grace are his skills that boost his damage output to somewhat acceptable levels. While there is a distinct lack of AoE damage among the Casters, Paracelsus will always serve you better than Babbage.
Shakespeare has a Buster buff which can be useful but he is kinda useless outside of that. Like Boudica he will see some improvements later down the line.
Mata Hari and Sanson can excel in very specific situations. Outside of that they are not really good and Kojiro or Hassan are much better choices as your Assassin.
Jekyll can't utilize his full potential due to his gimmick. This gimmick of his robs him a NP and his deck prohibits him from performing Buster Brave Chains. Add to the fact that his Crit damage is wasted on his Berserker form thanks to their low innate Star weight he really doesn't perform well enough to compensate the fact that his Assassin form is utterly useless.
Darius has nothing special about him besides his NP. Being a Berserker his deck and stats do not match up with his forte, which is a shame since his NP provides good debuffs. Other Berserkers provide better performance or a more noticeable niche than him.
Kiyohime and Spartacus are Berserkers that have an AoE NP. Due to their class this makes them effective wave clearers for general use though they require buffs for them to do so reliably. Outside of that both feature poor base Atk, making them less useful for boss fights.
Caligula is an unreliable Servant but has a lot of damage potential. All of his skills give a massive damage increase but Imperial Privilege is ever so unreliable and Sadist gives him a Defense debuff which can be fatal for a fragile Berserker. His NP is useless as well.
Eric has some uses as a debuffer thanks to his 1st skill. However his low stats hold him back and his NP is quite literally suicidal which doesn't bode well for his overall performance.

D:
- Gilles (Saber)
- Benkei
- Geronimo
- The Phantom of the Opera
These are the worst Servants in the game. Unless you have masochismic tendencies, avoid these at all costs.

i just feel that arash should really stay in tier A. He's a one trick pony, but that nuke capability is stupidly good.

Also Kojibro doesn't have a description.

whoa slow down.

we got 3 weeks

just sit down and enjoy smacking the F/zero cast like little bitches with that maxed out Jalter.

man Iskandar is fun to play with, but I get the feeling that he's not all that useful in harder content. charisma+tactics+mana burst is still stupidly good for a skill lineup tho.

it's kinda funny watching poor waver get his heart broken.

1 minute ago, Zeratul said:

He is practicing his Presence Concealment.

You mean his evasion. :P:

Anyway, as a proud owner of a level 70 Romulus, he's workable.  His NP gain sucks to high heaven, but if you can somehow get it off, he gives an attack buff to the team.  Double heals also make him surprisingly durable (not Cu levels of durable, but not everyone can look that good in blue tights).  And he can buster chain himself, something that has come in handy more times than I care to admit.  Not going to argue a tier up, but the line between B and C is pretty darn thin!

7 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

You must be doing something wrong because I am at 46 missions, finished ACT-14 and had zero refills so far. I might get one sooner or later since I'm quite close at getting another Master level.

I didn't play almost the entire day yesterday so that's probably why. I used mostly bronze apples for those refills.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

You mean his evasion. :P:

Anyway, as a proud owner of a level 70 Romulus, he's workable.  His NP gain sucks to high heaven, but if you can somehow get it off, he gives an attack buff to the team.  Double heals also make him surprisingly durable (not Cu levels of durable, but not everyone can look that good in blue tights).  And he can buster chain himself, something that has come in handy more times than I care to admit.  Not going to argue a tier up, but the line between B and C is pretty darn thin!

yeah but i think the other big complaint is that romulus doesn't have a reliable steroid like the other AoE 3* lancer.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Gotta save funds for the guaranteed gachas!

I would suggest that you skip the next guaranteed gacha then and wait until New Year. The next one is pretty terrible unless you really need a Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker and even then spooks like Medb or Drake are quite likely.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm a bit confused why people say his NP gain sucks. Like he has the same as Cu and Hector which is pretty much normal for the Lancer class.
Double heal is pretty worthless for the hard stuff because they will kill you if you don't dodge their NP or special. It would be a different story if one of them removed his debuffs (even Hector has Disengange) but they don't even do that.

The problem with Romulus is that he has really nothing going for him. Hector is better for AoE and every other Lancer (even Diarmuid) is better at doing the challenging content. He gets better with his Strengthening but even then his lack of an NP interlude holds him back a lot. Plus what is that worthless Guts effect on his 3rd skill?

Edited by Zeratul

58 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

I would suggest that you skip the next guaranteed gacha then and wait until New Year. The next one is pretty terrible unless you really need a Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker and even then spooks like Medb or Drake are quite likely.

I'm a bit confused why people say his NP gain sucks. Like he has the same as Cu and Hector which is pretty much normal for the Lancer class.
Double heal is pretty worthless for the hard stuff because they will kill you if you don't dodge their NP or special. It would be a different story if one of them removed his debuffs (even Hector has Disengange) but they don't even do that.

The problem with Romulus is that he has really nothing going for him. Hector is better for AoE and every other Lancer (even Diarmuid) is better at doing the challenging content. He gets better with his Strengthening but even then his lack of an NP interlude holds him back a lot. Plus what is that worthless Guts effect on his 3rd skill?

I'm considering pulling the guarenteed gacha Knight class variant since I really want a stronger STNP archer or an AoE lancer. But aren't karna/orion easily spookable? Besides, a month after that gacha we get the summer servants and the broken as fuck archers and lancers from that bunch.

not gonna roll a cavalry guarenteed gacha since it's too much of a crapshoot for me. Already got both of the SSR assassins, Tamamo, Nightingale, and Vlad. In as much as I'd love to have Drake, Waver, or Cu Alter, it's too risky for me.

Roma is the best meme man. I guess he's fine if you're a fan, but we've already repeatedly seen people complaining in droves about how DW screwed him up big time.

I keep trying to find resources to raise him, but all my lancer resources are probably gonna go towards proto cu if I decide to sink effort into another lancer from scratch. Chimera are annoying assholes.

fucking waver, gil, and lancelot being event bonus servants is hilarious. It just makes shit get killed faster. Shame I couldn't pull them, but it's not like I'm going to get lucky with every event.

when do we get the free 4* servant that JP got a while back?

5 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Not everything is the hard stuff.  Hell, most of the content isn't the hard stuff, it's AoE farming (at least for me and those stupid ember quests).  And if I'm not being OHKO'd, then I can recover whatever I lost, maybe get a nifty benefit along the way, and continue to mow down enemies.  Healing's great when you're on some scrub mission, and the enemies decide to focus down a particular character.

The issue with his NP gain is that his NP is somewhat worthwhile.  I'll take a three-turn attack buff over a one-turn defense debuff.

13 hours ago, Czarpy said:

that's hell you're walking into :p 

go play the game right now since you can get a free welfare servant. 

yah but unlike FEH this game doesn't involve IVs and a constant power creep. The free servants you can get from the FP gacha (and events) are all you really need to beat the game.

the other good news is that the gacha might decide to love you or hate you. There's a bunch of numbers that were posted a few pages back about gacha roll probabilities.

go reroll your starter roll as many times as you want to prep for the game. I recommend going for something like a double 4* starter roll with Hercules+(anyone but stheno)+Caesar. But it's all up to you. Just remember that the rarity of gold servants is ridiculous and that you'll be using your starter roll 4* servants for a long time.  Just go focus on beating the first few chapters with a focused team and you'll eventually get the hang of things. Just be warned that rate-up is a lie unless you're good at saving SQ, or have really convenient luck. or are a filthy whale

the irony that Stheno + Herc is a strong pairing way later on lol

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

the irony that Stheno + Herc is a strong pairing way later on lol

but then again, stheno can spook you anytime so I'd rather have herc+another strong long term SR.

where is stheno useful later on? camelot?

i mean yeah sure goddess core ex is a really good personal skill and she's all about charmlock, but where do we see the necessity of bringing in a check to male riders and

oh

it's Ozy, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

but then again, stheno can spook you anytime so I'd rather have herc+another strong long term SR.

where is stheno useful later on? camelot?

i mean yeah sure goddess core ex is a really good personal skill and she's all about charmlock, but where do we see the necessity of bringing in a check to male riders and

oh

it's Ozy, isn't it?

40% Attack buff for Divine, this is backed by her stalling potential for 1 np drain and a charm. Her ability as offensive buffer for Divine actually rivals Waver in term of how much damage she adds to NP.

Divine pool is so good it basically almost outclass Male on its own. Mainly its Gil and the free Kintoki. Euryale is good too

Euryale - Tamamo - Stheno is basically an uber males fucking team. Good luck fighting against triple drain, double Charm, and then Euryale Fire off her NP for around 140.000 neutral damage, 50.000 of which comes from Stheno

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

40% Attack buff for Divine, this is backed by her stalling potential for 1 np drain and a charm. Her ability as offensive buffer for Divine actually rivals Waver in term of how much damage she adds to NP.

Divine pool is so good it basically almost outclass Male on its own. Mainly its Gil and the free Kintoki. Euryale is good too

Euryale - Tamamo - Stheno is basically an uber males fucking team. Good luck fighting against triple drain, double Charm, and then Euryale Fire off her NP for around 140.000 neutral damage, 50.000 of which comes from Stheno

I'm gonna have so much fun fucking Gawain in the ass with Tamamo/Stheno/Euryale.

wonder if Orion-tamamo-stheno is better tho.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Not everything is the hard stuff.  Hell, most of the content isn't the hard stuff, it's AoE farming (at least for me and those stupid ember quests).  And if I'm not being OHKO'd, then I can recover whatever I lost, maybe get a nifty benefit along the way, and continue to mow down enemies.  Healing's great when you're on some scrub mission, and the enemies decide to focus down a particular character.

The issue with his NP gain is that his NP is somewhat worthwhile.  I'll take a three-turn attack buff over a one-turn defense debuff.

Healing doesn't matter during farming though. For farming you look for Servants wjp help you to do it faster and that's what the majority of B-Tier does. Not to mention Hector does the farming aspect better as a Lancer (Tactics and higher NP multiplier) while retaining some uses against bosses thanks to his other skills and his NP effect.

So it only has uses against bosses and the problem is that healing by itself is terrible for a Servant's longevity. If it is coupled with other skills (debuff removal, Guts, even Defense buff) then it becomes an useful tool. While Romulus has potentially 2 skills for that they are both unreliable (1 turn Guts, 60% chance for a Defense buff).

Romulus is pretty much C material until DW decides to give him a NP interlude (which they will never do because he and Eric apparently don't exist).

Who has a 1-turn defense debuff? His Atk buff is pretty low btw. 10% at base is nothing to brag about.

Edited by Zeratul

This uh, happened because I was impulsive, and wanted that Keyneth CE... so I promised myself only one more 10 pull...

TdH20rZ.png

I guess he knows he's my favorite character. 

Edited by Glaceon Mage

22 hours ago, Czarpy said:

i just feel that arash should really stay in tier A. He's a one trick pony, but that nuke capability is stupidly good.

Problem is his kamikaze move is hardly useful now because enemy Servants have a large HP pool now. His only use is against multiple Sabers and for farming which doesn't cut it for A-Tier.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This uh, happened because I was impulsive, and wanted that Keyneth CE... so I promised myself only one more 10 pull...

... I'm really tempted to change my username to either Angra Mainyu or Gilgamesh now.

---

I changed one other thing in the list.
Paracelsus went from B to C. Somehow I didn't realize that his NP multiplier is far lower than the average Arts AoE NP. That relegates him even more to Support where he isn't that great and that alone doesn't make him a B-Tier Servant.

11 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Problem is his kamikaze move is hardly useful now because enemy Servants have a large HP pool now. His only use is against multiple Sabers and for farming which doesn't cut it for A-Tier.

... I'm really tempted to change my username to either Angra Mainyu or Gilgamesh now.

---

I changed one other thing in the list.
Paracelsus went from B to C. Somehow I didn't realize that his NP multiplier is far lower than the average Arts AoE NP. That relegates him even more to Support where he isn't that great and that alone doesn't make him a B-Tier Servant.

you too can be an angry manjew.

paracelsus is a stupidly good anti-assassin farmer, but considering we've got a LOT of good casters with AoE NPs (Liz, Mozart, Shakespeare as f2p picks. Nursery Rhyme as a standard gacha one.)

doesn't mephisto's skill seal SQ make him worthy of being bumped once it comes?

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

What's the joke with Gilgamesh?

>King of Conquerors

>King of Heroes

Unless I’m missing something?

Almost about to get Iri. I’m tempted to roll the gacha for a chance at getting EMIYA Assassin as well as Waver or the Kayneth CE.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

>King of Conquerors

>King of Heroes

Unless I’m missing something?

Almost about to get Iri. I’m tempted to roll the gacha for a chance at getting EMIYA Assassin as well as Waver or the Kayneth CE.

idk maybe it's a hardcore fanbase joke.

get daddy emiya so you don't have to leave mommy iri all alone.

Just got Iri. The event story is pretty nice and that OST was pretty hype, I'll rewatch Fate/Zero again after the event is over (or during the 3rd week if I don't have a lot to do there) to remember how things went because I haven't watched it since it's release.