Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is this comparing their NP levels? If so why are there only four levels and why does Euryale have the same value three times? Just asking.

Being 5* does that to you.

I’ll have to concede the NP drain argument because Arts crit is a balanced game mechanic, but you have to remember the comparison is between a 3* and a 5*. With the stats divide between them, it’s no surprise Orion is going to be better in a proper Arts team and being supported by buffs. Euryale can only go so far in comparison.

And for how similar their niches are, Euryale in comparison is easier to obtain and train up, even if she only gets use in one singularity for the entire game—which she happens to be almost perfectly suited to deal with.

Maybe I shouldn’t have directly compared the two. But for their rarities Euryale is one of the best 3*—balanced stats and a strong if niche kit—while Orion isn’t exactly one of the best in her rarity or even in her own class. Squirtoria when

Orion is definitely a lot better in general than I initially thought though.

Its 1/2/5 which is why 3 numbers. 4th number is effective damage

Euryale have a unique NP scaling in that her damage NEVER scales up, its the bonus effect, which is a very non standard design

To put this into perspective remember how Lancelot NP is:

Damage(scale with level)

Arts Burst(static)

Divinity(scale with overcharge)

Euryale NP is

Damage(static)

EFFECTIVE DAMAGE TO MALE(scale with level)

Charm(scale with overcharge)

"Ok for starter i actually misread Euryale's NP, because the review on gamefaqs use a wrong reference" when i said this and saying how Euryale is nerfed by DW in my previous post, i mentioned about how her NP is stuck at level 1 unless its against Male. My previous post assumes that Euryale NP had damage boost(found on arash) instead of effective damage

For lack of better words, if Euryale NP is a damage boost, its..... utter trash. At 250%, Euryale will have 1450% at NP5 post interlude (standard NP5 BEFORE INTERLUDE is 1500%) instead of 3000% at NP5

My main argument is really that its REALLY underselling Orion if you seriously says her niche is a male slayer. Orion's main niche is an NP spam in the style of Vlad. Against servant of her class, Kuro is the closest one that fulfills the same niche except:

1. Kuro's NP refill isn't as good being less than half of Orion. She made up for it by having the best Arts card in the ga- ok nevermind remind me again why King Hassan exist, backed by Kiss Demon. She also does have great star prod

2. Mana Burst. Of the 3 archers i had in mind, Kuro is the second strongest, the first being EMIYA Alter

2. Her NP is about as good as Rama

Which is to say not at all, it just happen to be ST

Also the Gorgon sisters have busted as shit stats what is new.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm fuck I'm torn between grayling Spartacus, Stg, Leonidas, asterios, hans, or Blackbeard. 

I'll likely never need another assassin ever again because I have jack and the knk event is coming as well. So I was wondering if investing in a taunt tank or Asterios/Spartacus would be worth it. I'm putting hans on this list unless I pull waver.

Or I could just grail cu I guess.

I’d go with a taunt tank if you don’t have at least one yet. d’Eon and Georgios have three turn taunts as skills while Leonidas has 1 turn as a skill while his NP gives him a 3 turn one.

As much as I like using my d’Eon, they need a lot of investment for that third ascension to be worthwhile. The bronze taunters are easier to raise and Leonidas in particular has a use in Buster teams once he gets his strengthen.

I don't really have anyone that'd go well with Leonidas atm except for Caesar and Lu bu. But Lu bu is underlevelled.

Stg/d'eon might go well since I seem to keep pulling servants that go well on arts(or crits) teams.

Might do d'eon if I get the ascension items, or stg since I got him at third ascension. Leonidas is currently sitting at third ascension in case I pull herc.

I got no clue who to prep for London. 

30 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Re-read Innocent Monster.  It's stars per turn that drops Hans defense.

He was talking about his NP. MML gives Atk, Def, HP per turn, and C Star Drop rate. I know Hans has a Stars per turn skill, but it’s not on his NP.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He was talking about his NP. MML gives Atk, Def, HP per turn, and C Star Drop rate. I know Hans has a Stars per turn skill, but it’s not on his NP.

i was talking about innocent monster tho, at base implies stuff he did that is guaranteed

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hans hasn't had his Interlude yet in NA, so he doesn't have the Star Drop+ there.  So it's confusing to see that he has Star Drop+ instead of Stars per turn in the FGO US thread.

Though hopefully we'll get London by the end of the year to remedy that.

Getting medusa to third ascension. and farming for materials for more.

When Santa Alter comes out, I'm gonna be swimming in stockings and blowing all of my golden apples! Hopefully I get everything I need.

man gold stars have no use after clearing the event CEs, chicken buckets, and dragon scales from the shop. poo.

Wish there was a way to convert gold stars ->ribbons.

Anyone else annoyed with the 20 ap quest and the charm spam? It's like I gotta use an all female team and try to KO stheno->euryale asap.

Fuck JP FGO is drawing from HP Lovecraft.

Why the fuck is Randolph Carter not playable tho

I know it's soooo far down the line, but I would love to see more unexpected things pop up.

I mean the only things I can think of that are missing are Genghis Khan, Son Goku,  Guan Yu, William Tell, and El Cid.  

Hell I'm all for a Don Quixote Rider class character that turns the opponent into a windmill before charging at them.

Edited by Skurge

Oh, we talking about EoR 4 now?

Don't read the spoilers if you haven't completely played/read Part 1 ffs

Spoiler

I don't have a JP Account but I have watched gameplay of the singularity and have read the summaries on reddit (and the current complete translations of the prologue and chapter 1 (which are the only 2 chapters completely translated as I make this post)) I can say that I was expecting more from Salem.

It felt... underwhelming. Like, Salem was just setting up for something much larger compared to the likes of the other EoR chapters. But,  it makes me hype for Christmas 2017 even more- seeing that in order to access it you must complete Salomon first .

The last event to have the "must clear Salomon" requirement was the CCC Event, and we all know how that panned out from another meme event to actually serious gaiden chapter to Epic of Remnant.

Anyone else running into the issue of having not enough capacity for the optimal line-up? 5 Holy Signs force me to take out Caesar for either Mash or Kojirou and I have no idea how to commodate Santa Alter in to that team.

On another note, Support Jack with the Golden Star CE is probably the best one for 40 AP farming. I'm using Robin Hood and David alongside her and they just rip the enemies apart. Especially on the last wave, where every Servant is female.

Yeah I've got issues running a full set unless it involves swapping rhyme+a * for phantom+mash

It means I'm gonna be swapping either david or caesar for mash/phantom for bonuses.

ugh fuck i ascended nursery rhyme, medusa, and jack so the store's almost out of pieces. Thankfully I can still farm the shit out of the lottery for exp cards, materials, fp, and mana prisms!

kinda wish they'd have put gears, pages, and babies on the lottery tho

@Talandar @Skurge You really shouldn’t.

It turns out that maxing out a Holy Night Sign CE gives a 40% boost to drops, meaning if you have only 3 of your own + a support with one maxed out, you can not only get the 100% bonus but also run any two CEs you may need.

Of course, that assumes you have someone on your friends list with a maxed CE, but that won’t be as much of a problem once the 40AP grinding hell begins tomorrow. I have one on my list already iirc so I’m good there.

I’m working on clearing the bronze items to prepare for Santa Alter. The statues are a waste unless you’re swimming in apples. I got all chicken buckets, 3 of the shop CE, and am currently on my fourth box.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Event wise, I'm not really optimized. I do not have any of the bonus servants above 3*. I'm still on my 3rd box and have yet to clear the last Chicken Bucket for Gold Stars as well as the Silver Bells. However, once Saber Alter hits, I am likely to start hardcore farming for materials and stockings.

My main team (40 AP) is...
55 Georgios, 80 Tamamo Cat, Support 80 Jack, 50 Caesar, 30 Robin Hood, 36 Darius

I'll likely replace Georgios with Santa Alter and mess around with my CEs. While I could run 4 Holy Night Signs, I'll likely just stick with 3 so I can have Halloween Princess up on Tamamo Cat for easier farming.
Off topic, but my Fate anime marathon recently ended with my going through the entirety of Prism Illya, ending with the recent movie. I found it to be rather enjoyable after marathoning through Unlimited Blade Works and Zero. It is nice to see more of Iri in a "happy timeline" as well as Rin and Luvia. I also got to appreciate some other characters, such as Caren and Kid Gil.

If one can get past the fanservice (and there is a lot of it), Prism Illya is actually a good series. The fight sequences are pretty good too, so I'll recommend it.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Event wise, I'm not really optimized. I do not have any of the bonus servants above 3*. I'm still on my 3rd box and have yet to clear the last Chicken Bucket for Gold Stars as well as the Silver Bells. However, once Saber Alter hits, I am likely to start hardcore farming for materials and stockings.

My main team (40 AP) is...
55 Georgios, 80 Tamamo Cat, Support 80 Jack, 50 Caesar, 30 Robin Hood, 36 Darius

You probably will have issues or at leat gonna spend a lot of time clearing 50ap quest, it might be better for your sanity if you stick to farming 40ap!

and if you planning to spam apples, gold star shop is bound to be cleared even without CE - I am sitting at almost 700 extra gold stars already and I haven`t rolled for the extra drop CE ><

And about dropping the CE for MLB... I am on box number 19 and still haven`t got a single one Y.Y so don`t count on those ppl!

just pulled euryale and bumped up Kiyohime to np4.

I'm doing the lottery for the FP gacha too. It's useful for getting NP levels up. Shame the gacha keeps fucking with me and won't give me more Hans copies. 

Alright. Finished clearing all the bronze items. Silver only has statues to offer so it’s a straight 40/50 AP grind from here on out.

I just finished the 7th Night and got my last two tickets for Santa Alter. She is now NP5, level 76, and max Fou’d for grinding hell in the morning.

Merry early Christmas everyone.

23 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

It turns out that maxing out a Holy Night Sign CE gives a 40% boost to drops, meaning if you have only 3 of your own + a support with one maxed out, you can not only get the 100% bonus but also run any two CEs you may need.

Of course, that assumes you have someone on your friends list with a maxed CE, but that won’t be as much of a problem once the 40AP grinding hell begins tomorrow. I have one on my list already iirc so I’m good there.

Well, finding someone with MLB Holy Night is not that easy.
But having it on a Support one allows me to deploy David, Robin, Martha, Marie and Santa Alter, 4 having Holy Night equipped. I have one Servant that doesn't have any CE but 40 AP is really doable with that line-up if you have a Support Jack (so a total of +13 socks for each drop).
I'm not going to farm 50 AP because none of these Servants are at a comfortable level for that one. I will probably do it once and be done with it.

8 minutes ago, Talandar said:

I'm not going to farm 50 AP because none of these Servants are at a comfortable level for that one. I will probably do it once and be done with it.

I’ve run 50AP several times already and have a comp that can beat it consistently, but after doing some calculations it will not be worthwhile for most players.

If you have to lose more than a +2 bonus to socks, it’s not worth it.

If you don’t have MLB HNS, it’s not worth it. Halloween Princess and Leyline / Imaginary Element / K-Scope on two units make it significantly easier.

Assuming you pass both of those checks, you get only an 8% difference in sock gains between 40AP and 50AP, in exchange for having to deal with a higher difficulty. Save your sanity and run 40AP especially if you have a ton of apples to burn through.

40AP also has the advantage of dropping more Gold Stars assuming no bonus to event items other than socks compared to 50AP—almost twice as much.

Edited by MrSmokestack