Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

11 hours ago, Skurge said:

Ascension materials? 

The buckets of fried chicken are Santa Alter's ascension materials.  It's a reference both to Saber Alter's affinity for fast food as well as the tradition in Japan of eating fried chicken on Christmas (it's apparently the result of a very successful ad campaign from KFC in the 70's).

Also today's free summon ticket got me my second copy of Jack.  What is my luck?  90+ quartz and no Scathach but 6 tickets gets me two copies of Jack.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Skurge said:

Ascension materials? 

Yggdrasil Seeds, Snake Jewels and Reverse Scales for this event.
I don't need all of 3 them immediately and we have a lot of time until Santa Alter is unlocked. At the rate I'm farming the currency I probably will be able to buy all of them in time.

Cleared the 1st loot box. Didn't get the last Golden Apple until the last roll. Meh.
However, Anne Bonny & Mary Read from the 40 AP quest dropped a copy of Holy Night which is nice.

grabbed all the chicken buckets just now.

On my way to through the fourth jackpot.

Man Jack is really useful. Might as well farm for those 12 assassin pieces I'm gonna need.

I'm chuckling at this one lvl 80 Darius on my friends list. It's kinda fun to play while I farm bells for pieces.

(Friend Points from the lottery keep giving me St. George/Eric Bloodaxe now. Still no sign of more hans copies that I need though. Also seem to be getting more copies of Blackbeard, how good is he?)

just got St. George to np5. I'm gonna pump him full of exp sometime and ascend him. Idk if he's gonna be up to the task as a taunt-tank lategame though. From what I've read, most bronze servants fall off except for Hans. How true is this?

Edited by Skurge

I"m not much of a Nasuverse fan, but damn, this game look great. I wish I had a mobile.

I could search for a manner to play it on emulator on PC, but I'm not too keen on the idea of constantly being en guarde of having the emulator being banned for stupid reasons, rendering my progress moot and redoing it again, only for it to happens. Again.

Speaking of the game... i think what they did with Da Vinci was genius. It's the Joconde, it's Da Vinci. Total respect. Total admiration.

That said, I don't remember the Mona Lisa having such... weird clothing.

But I'll never forgive what they did to Oda Nobunaga. Never. Like. Never.Sweet Katana-riffle thought, shows the beautiful fridge brilliance.

Edited by B.Leu

13 hours ago, Skurge said:

grabbed all the chicken buckets just now.

On my way to through the fourth jackpot.

Man Jack is really useful. Might as well farm for those 12 assassin pieces I'm gonna need.

I'm chuckling at this one lvl 80 Darius on my friends list. It's kinda fun to play while I farm bells for pieces.

(Friend Points from the lottery keep giving me St. George/Eric Bloodaxe now. Still no sign of more hans copies that I need though. Also seem to be getting more copies of Blackbeard, how good is he?)

just got St. George to np5. I'm gonna pump him full of exp sometime and ascend him. Idk if he's gonna be up to the task as a taunt-tank lategame though. From what I've read, most bronze servants fall off except for Hans. How true is this?

Thats actually less they truly falls off and more because Hans is basically SSR in disguise(had he is not limited by 80% he would be on par with Waver) in term of general performance, or they simply did not have stats to truely show off their skillset

Grailed Spartacus for example is used to beat Nerofest 2016

Mind, Hassan, Leonidas, STG, and Asterios is pretty much the only Bronze besides Hans that is actually largely popular

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

17 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Thats actually less they truly falls off and more because Hans is basically SSR in disguise(had he is not limited by 80% he would be on par with Waver) in term of general performance, or they simply did not have stats to truely show off their skillset

Grailed Spartacus for example is used to beat Nerofest 2016

Mind, Hassan, Leonidas, STG, and Asterios is pretty much the only Bronze besides Hans that is actually largely popular

I was actually considering grailing spartacus if I didn't pull Vlad/Lu Bu/Tamacat. 

Isn't both arash/Kojirou also on that list of popular bronze servants too? 

I'm somehow done with getting all the tickets from the lottery boxes and am working on the one with lore. Haven't touched a golden apple yet.

Considering getting jack to a higher level so she can assist Santa Alter in butchering the last few days. Reddit tells me I'm gonna need about 300gold cards to get salter to lvl 80. Might try that, but Jack is just so fun to use. I'm thankful for the sheer number of skill gems and ascension items that keep popping up,  but i wish it'd also rain gears.

Is dumping my Fous on caesar/cu worth it? I've got that stash of thanksgiving fou and was considering dumping them on a silver/bronze servant.

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

Isn't both arash/Kojirou also on that list of popular bronze servants too? 

STELLA and the Savior of France are popular too, yeah.

I'm somehow done with getting all the tickets from the lottery boxes and am working on the one with lore. Haven't touched a golden apple yet.

What is this sorcery

Did you reset the boxes early or something?

Is dumping my Fous on caesar/cu worth it? I've got that stash of thanksgiving fou and was considering dumping them on a silver/bronze servant.

You don't need to worry about Fous for now, but Cu is a good candidate for them at least.

I just fully cleared my first lotto box. Didn't get my 2nd Golden Apple until there was like 20 items left, so I decided to just clear out the thing... // Otherwise, I'm currently working on getting my 3rd Holy Night Sign from the Star drops, as well as getting some in Stocking farming. Once I get the 3rd CE, I'll go back and focus on the Ascension items.

On a side note, I see why everyone loves Jack. Her star generation is insane, and I thought Okita was nuts. I'm lucky to have a friend with a level 80 Jack that I can use as a support.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

STELLA and the Savior of France are popular too, yeah.

What is this sorcery

Did you reset the boxes early or something?

You don't need to worry about Fous for now, but Cu is a good candidate for them at least.

No resets, I reran the 40 ap quest over and over with 100% bonus stockings plus a team of jack/rhyme/caesar/david/support marie, martha, or jack.

Getting both of the limited banner servants made it easier to farm. Ain't likely to have this kind of luck again for an event. I just used the bronze and silver apples to get the stuff faster while hoarding the gold ones. Levelling up also gave me more AP!

I'm gonna get horrendous luck during saber wars aren't I?

How rare are 3* heroes in the FP gacha? I've gotten like one every 5 pulls. Haven't seen Euryale yet, but I've gotten Lu Bu to np3. St. George also hit NP5 and I'm probably gonna pump him to max ascension because he seems to fit well enough with my Tamamo/Vlad. 

@MrSmokestack I mean, if you have 14 bonus stocking, or close to that, a run of 40 AP at lower levels could gave you around 30 x 100ish stocking, give or take from natural energy alone

@Skurge Yeah Arash and Kojiro is popular,  Kojiro is somewhat in a weird place where Hassan is better before Grailing while Kojiro's kit scales way better with grail, while Arash is a farming servant mainly

For some reason the 40 ap node is easy if I nuke Atalante->Mary/Anne->Boudicca

Jack's second skill kinda invalidates Boudicca's NP so bad it's fucking funny. 

@MrSmokestack that Martha is handy. It lets me play with nursery rhyme and david for arts spam.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Jack+Nursery Rhyme+David+Caesar/Robin+Support Jack/Martha/Marie+Phantom with five of those shop CEs get me about 120-130 stockings per run on average. If I swapped one of the three stars for Salter and used a support Salter I'd probably get around 150 stockings per run. 

Shame I can't run those shop CEs on everyone just yet. I'm like three levels away from being able to do that lol. at least phantom's a cheap one to stick in the back for an extra +1 stockings though.

Edited by Skurge

Good to see my Martha is helping someone! Normally my team of Hood / Martha / David clears 40AP pretty easily. I build up NP on the first wave, nuke the second wave with Tarasque, and nuke Mary/Anne with Yew Bow. It's pretty simple from there as David can also NP to help spam Atalante to death.

I got the 4* CE from a ticket roll. My luck is finally improving. I'll need all the Snake Jewels for d'Eon's final ascension as well as getting my Carmilla built up. Seeds are also good to have too, but I'll wait until I finish getting the buckets before I go back to 20AP before the 7th night.

@Skurge I haven't checked my average socks per run, but now I'm using Martha / Hood / David / Caesar / Jean Kay / support Jack for +9 socks. Substituting Jean Kay and support Jack for double Santa Alter gives a total bonus of +13 socks. I don't want to get the fourth copy of the shop CE as getting a random drop would make 150 gold stars go to waste.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Good to see my Martha is helping someone! Normally my team of Hood / Martha / David clears 40AP pretty easily. I build up NP on the first wave, nuke the second wave with Tarasque, and nuke Mary/Anne with Yew Bow. It's pretty simple from there as David can also NP to help spam Atalante to death.

I got the 4* CE from a ticket roll. My luck is finally improving. I'll need all the Snake Jewels for d'Eon's final ascension as well as getting my Carmilla built up. Seeds are also good to have too, but I'll wait until I finish getting the buckets before I go back to 20AP before the 7th night.

@Skurge I haven't checked my average socks per run, but now I'm using Martha / Hood / David / Caesar / Jean Kay / support Jack for +9 socks. Substituting Jean Kay and support Jack for double Santa Alter gives a total bonus of +13 socks. I don't want to get the fourth copy of the shop CE as getting a random drop would make 150 gold stars go to waste.

I'm on the borderline between saving the lottery exp for Santa Alter or using juuust enough to get Robin Hood to level 60 for his final ascension I mean I really like the hero but idk how good he'd be in the long run.

ah fuckit, may as well do it, can't say no to a childhood hero.

Screenshot_2017-12-03-23-28-22.thumb.png.9741aeb8b6e43edc7c5f0e963359c113.png

I swear the archers I'm using right now are just too fun to use! Nobu's sitting back at lvl 70 chilling and waiting for this event to end!

Sometime I'm gonna farm the 10 ap node for horseshoes and the 30 ap node for ascension mats that aren't in the shop. Already for enough copies of the event CE to MLB it but idk if that's worth it right now.

poor darius getting shafted. Ushi's gonna take a break when Salter shows up! This leaves cu as the sole non-event servant when that happens! 

I wonder if there's someone with a grailed phantom for this event.

As of right now, yeah I’d say he is. His main competition for Arts comp being Vlad and Squirtoria says a lot about how good he is honestly, and that’s ignoring how he’s much more easily NP5’d compared to those two.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

As of right now, yeah I’d say he is. His main competition for Arts comp being Vlad and Squirtoria says a lot about how good he is honestly, and that’s ignoring how he’s much more easily NP5’d compared to those two.

Id say Orion and Lancelot too. And now Sheba maybe

Robin also had the issue where if Poison doesnt proc.... rip

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Id say Orion and Lancelot too. And now Sheba maybe

You misspelled Euryale.

Just looked up Tituba and geez that third skill and her NP

Crit Arts Bros Dadcelot and Yagyu are great too, but they’re missing out on the raw damage of IMAOTOGE

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Robin also had the issue where if Poison doesnt proc.... rip

Doesn’t stop Hans from being the best unit in the game

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You misspelled Euryale.

Just looked up Tituba and geez that third skill and her NP

Crit Arts Bros Dadcelot and Yagyu are great too, but they’re missing out on the raw damage of IMAOTOGE

Doesn’t stop Hans from being the best unit in the game

Euryale isnt that good lol. I mean i would say shes good enough that DW decision to nerf her is justified but shes not Orions "5% refill, interlude NP that NP drains" or Dadcelot "Im an Interlude away from being even more unfair than i already am"

Also Hans isnt as all or nothing as Robin. Hans gave you healing, Crit stars per turn, and crit damage at base and he had 3 effect tied to NP. Robin had 1 effect that must land before hes worth anything

I'm running the lottery mainly for the cheap ascension items and exp cards and mana prisms at this point.

Farming for serpent eyes is secondary, but it's all still fun!

I'm probably gonna save up for the valentine gacha. It's got ample time to come here, and I'll have a shot at grabbing anyone not named tamamo/jack by then! Should be fun.

how the fuck am i supposed to get a da vinci CE? I doubt I can even pull 1k from this event.

worried about that one hard quest in this event. waver+gil is going to be a nightmare.

Edited by Skurge

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Euryale isnt that good lol. I mean i would say shes good enough that DW decision to nerf her is justified but shes not Orions "5% refill, interlude NP that NP drains" or Dadcelot "Im an Interlude away from being even more unfair than i already am"

Nah, Euryale is definitely better than Orion at least.

Orion doesn’t have a multiplier on her NP, so post-Interlude her damage is strictly inferior to Euryale’s unless she has her NP leveled up. Meanwhile Euryale is NP5 and reaping the full benefits of 250% vs males.

Euryale’s damage steroid also lasts three turns while Orion’s only lasts for one, and against a smaller set of enemies as opposed to Euryale’s working on everyone.

Orion can’t even have the NP Drain advantage over Euryale. Euryale has it on her first skill and it still charges her NP when it misses. Sure you can debuff an enemy’s damage with Orion’s first skill and NP but only she will get the most benefit from it and not her teammates; Euryale can stall for much longer with Charm, Drain, and skill cooldown reduction abuse a la Tamamo-No-Mae and Mystic Code.

Euryale is also more likely to save you in Camelot while Orion tends to not exist for most players, let alone with a high NP level.

Yet another 3* with comparable performance to a 5*. Excellent balance DW

Also, Hans has Star Drop Rate, not Stars per turn. Wish we could have a better NP than Merlin though

41 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nah, Euryale is definitely better than Orion at least.

Orion doesn’t have a multiplier on her NP, so post-Interlude her damage is strictly inferior to Euryale’s unless she has her NP leveled up. Meanwhile Euryale is NP5 and reaping the full benefits of 250% vs males.

Euryale’s damage steroid also lasts three turns while Orion’s only lasts for one, and against a smaller set of enemies as opposed to Euryale’s working on everyone.

Orion can’t even have the NP Drain advantage over Euryale. Euryale has it on her first skill and it still charges her NP when it misses. Sure you can debuff an enemy’s damage with Orion’s first skill and NP but only she will get the most benefit from it and not her teammates; Euryale can stall for much longer with Charm, Drain, and skill cooldown reduction abuse a la Tamamo-No-Mae and Mystic Code.

Euryale is also more likely to save you in Camelot while Orion tends to not exist for most players, let alone with a high NP level.

Yet another 3* with comparable performance to a 5*. Excellent balance DW

Also, Hans has Star Drop Rate, not Stars per turn. Wish we could have a better NP than Merlin though

Ok for starter i actually misread Euryale's NP, because the review on gamefaqs use a wrong reference

Orion:

38062 47578 57093 99913

Euryale

26292 26292 26292 65730  

Orion is stronger. The real advantage Euryale had over Orion is Charm which she had 2 of

Euryale Steroid is 30% Arts at level 10 while Euryale is 20% AT even at level 1(this part about level is irrelevant so don't use this as main argument) that works on every enemy on both account.

Orion's Male Damage bonus isn't a steroid, its an activate God Mode the same way that  Sumanai's 3 is activate God Mode. Euryale's God Mode is stronger because its tied to NP, but it doesn't carryover to normal attacks which is relevant because Crits is a big deal. An NPAA/NPQQ of Orion on specified target is WAY stronger. The difference between them scales higher and higher as you put buffs to them

(this is why Sumanai is so good in this regard. He might face a HUGE diminishing return, but that matters a little in the face of 80% boosted normal attack)

This goes into the NP stalling argument. Euryale can only stall 1 bar of NP every 6 turns.

Orion in a proper arts team can pretty much use her NP drain once every 3 turns, 2 if you highroll your cards to death, and by doing so allows her to give shit tons of ATK debuff

My point is that yeah Euryale is good, but she isn't good enough that she can invalidate Orion, who is just Vlad with weaker normal attack that absolutely murders male. Euryale become a 1 skill servant with an NP fill and locked at NP1 if she's fighting against anything that isn't male. Orion is a 2 skill servant with interlude NP that drains 1 gauge no matter what with a refill rate rivalling Vlad even if your not fighting male

Theres a reason she's rated higher than even broken as shit servant like Neo Vashavi Shakti Karna

51 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ok for starter i actually misread Euryale's NP, because the review on gamefaqs use a wrong reference

Orion:

38062 47578 57093 99913

Euryale

26292 26292 26292 65730  

Is this comparing their NP levels? If so why are there only four levels and why does Euryale have the same value three times? Just asking.

My point is that yeah Euryale is good, but she isn't good enough that she can invalidate Orion, who is just Vlad with weaker normal attack that absolutely murders male. Euryale become a 1 skill servant with an NP fill and locked at NP1 if she's fighting against anything that isn't male. Orion is a 2 skill servant with interlude NP that drains 1 gauge no matter what with a refill rate rivalling Vlad even if your not fighting male

Being 5* does that to you.

I’ll have to concede the NP drain argument because Arts crit is a balanced game mechanic, but you have to remember the comparison is between a 3* and a 5*. With the stats divide between them, it’s no surprise Orion is going to be better in a proper Arts team and being supported by buffs. Euryale can only go so far in comparison.

And for how similar their niches are, Euryale in comparison is easier to obtain and train up, even if she only gets use in one singularity for the entire game—which she happens to be almost perfectly suited to deal with.

Maybe I shouldn’t have directly compared the two. But for their rarities Euryale is one of the best 3*—balanced stats and a strong if niche kit—while Orion isn’t exactly one of the best in her rarity or even in her own class. Squirtoria when

Orion is definitely a lot better in general than I initially thought though.

Edited by MrSmokestack