Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

32 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Hopefully however, they buff the Servants want buffed first. Namely, Scathach and Atalanta.

Buffing Scathach is difficult considering her entire kit is already super solid.
The only thing they could alter are Primordinal Rune or improve her Dodge similar to Cu Chulainn. I shudder to think how they could buff her targetable Mana Burst.

You might be in luck with Atalanta though, depending on how much DW wants to capitalize on the current season of Apocrypha.

22 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Isn't Saber, Salter, Arthur, and Lily the only low tier Artoria

Fixed that for you. Lancer Artoria isn't that bad with her kit. But how can one forget the worst Artoria of them all?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Buffing Scathach is difficult considering her entire kit is already super solid.
The only thing they could alter are Primordinal Rune or improve her Dodge similar to Cu Chulainn. I shudder to think how they could buff her targetable Mana Burst.

You might be in luck with Atalanta though, depending on how much DW wants to capitalize on the current season of Apocrypha.

Fixed that for you. Lancer Artoria isn't that bad with her kit. But how can one forget the worst Artoria of them all?

but wouldn't they also fix Siegfried as well if they wanna capitalize on apocrypha?

10 minutes ago, Skurge said:

but wouldn't they also fix Siegfried as well if they wanna capitalize on apocrypha?

They already tried.  Many times.  Siegfried's problem is too deep set in his actual build to be fixable.  He has pitifully low attack but his skill set is devoted to damage dealing.

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

wouldn't just bumping the attack up solve everything?

Like at least to a B

Sieg's Attack up already has been buffed a few times.  The big problem there is that it's too specific to one type of enemy that honestly isn't too common, especially not in classes that Siegfried can stand up to (the only Lancers with Dragon attribute are Lancer Artoria, Lancer Artoria Alter, Elisabeth, and Summer Kiyohime as well as one mob type that appears in the final singularity) and other Sabers are generally already better at taking care of them.

I get the feeling that changing sieg from being effective to just dragon attribute, they could add in evil and mythological attributes.

Idk how much that'd change it, but it doesn't seem like it'd break the game given the nightmarish difficulty spike I've heard of that happens starting in camelot.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner MHX, MHX Alter, and Rider Alter aren't that great either though.

31 minutes ago, Talandar said:

IMO, the only thing they need to do with her is put Buff Success rate increase on her 3rd skill, which would give it a use outside of Divine and Undead enemies, make it so that her 1st skill can't screw you with RNG, and fix her problems without really adding anything to her kit because, as you said, it's already super solid. After that, whatever weakness she has is down to Quick just being kinda shit rather than any problem with her.

Animation upgrade when?

Her second skill needs a fix badly. Even with the lower than normal cooldown, 1000% critical absorption for 1 turn at level 10 is unforgivably bad. All she really needs is a Crit Damage up imo.

2 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I get the feeling that changing sieg from being effective to just dragon attribute, they could add in evil and mythological attributes.

Idk how much that'd change it, but it doesn't seem like it'd break the game given the nightmarish difficulty spike I've heard of that happens starting in camelot.

I suppose they could buff his first skill, but even if you did that, his stat distribution is still built towards tanking. At this point, I'd just hold out for a seasonal version of him or, god forbid, a pseudo-servant Sieg, since the Siegfried we have is basically beyond saving.

5 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I suppose they could buff his first skill, but even if you did that, his stat distribution is still built towards tanking. At this point, I'd just hold out for a seasonal version of him or, god forbid, a pseudo-servant Sieg, since the Siegfried we have is basically beyond saving.

Actually IIRC pseudo-Servant Sieg was datamined in FGO at its initial release as well as a Sigurd Servant.  Either of them could easily be "Siegfried but better"

woop

Just did 3 10 rolls in the Thanksgiving Banner (b/c today was Gil's rate up day)

I got:

1. Diarmuid
  2. NP5 Robin Hood
  3. NP5 Medusa
  4. MLB Code Cast
  5. Another Knight's Dignity
  6. Sumanai (I have St George so the meme combo is a go)
  7. Medea Lily

So, no 2030-chan or Gil right?

So, I do a ticket roll and well...

I got Gil.

I'm a happy camper for the year, how 'bout you folk?

44 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Actually IIRC pseudo-Servant Sieg was datamined in FGO at its initial release as well as a Sigurd Servant.  Either of them could easily be "Siegfried but better"

Please tell me you're mis-remebering. If Pseudo-Servant Sieg drops I'm gonna be so fucking mad, especially if he winds up being top-tier.

Here's that old datamine for those curious

(And yes, Sieg is on the list. Take that as you will)

EDIT: In general, take the list with a grain of salt. It's been right thus far (some of the servants cough the remaining apocrypha servants cough are rather obvious picks that would be getting in no matter what. Others I'm not so sure on like Saber!Diarmuid), but you never know.

Edited by N30

Out of these (excluding Apocrypha because it's obv.), I'm kinda surprised that Jason and Perseus weren't released yet. The former already appeared in Okeanos and Perseus plays a major role in Medusa/Gorgon's tale.

Prototype Servants are in an odd spot since it isn't a complete tale. Outside Arthur, Cu, Gilgamesh and Perseus the identity of the other 3 Servants are unknown (though Caster is heavily implied to be Medusa). I suspect that they will play a major role in the second arc of FGO since Arthur is given some importance in the overall plot and the last Epic of the Remnant is about something else.

Edited by Talandar

isn't the reason they don't have jason in here because in lore, he's not much outside of being incredibly charismatic?

He could be a rider though, with an argonauts themed Hetaroi NP. (Is Iskandar any good when he comes?)

what about strange/fake servants? 

Out of these (excluding Apocrypha because it's obv.), I'm kinda surprised that Jason and Perseus weren't released yet.

I’m excited for our first playable demon pillar

I have max ascended Caesar and Cu with today’s EXP, and got Nobu to 80.

46 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Out of these (excluding Apocrypha because it's obv.), I'm kinda surprised that Jason and Perseus weren't released yet. The former already appeared in Okeanos and Perseus plays a major role in Medusa/Gorgon's tale.

Prototype Servants are in an odd spot since it isn't a complete tale. Outside Arthur, Cu, Gilgamesh and Perseus the identity of the other 3 Servants are unknown (though Caster is heavily implied to be Medusa). I suspect that they will play a major role in the second arc of FGO since Arthur is given some importance in the overall plot and the last Epic of the Remnant is about something else.

Actually Prototype is getting a full adaptation as the Fate/Prototype Fragments of Blue and Silver light novel series.  It covers both of the Shinjuku Grail Wars (the first with Manaka as Saber's Master and the second with Ayaka Saber's Master).  From what I've read of the fan translation I think the other three Servants in the second Shinjuku Grail War are the same as the other three Servants in the Fifth Fuyuki Grail War (F/SN), so Herc, Medea, and Sasaki/Cursed Arm.

Arash, Bryn, Ozy, Jekyll, Paracelsus, and Serenity Hassan are all from Prototype Fragments.

Edited by The Geek

6 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Actually Prototype is getting a full adaptation as the Fate/Prototype Fragments of Blue and Silver light novel series.  It covers both of the Shinjuku Grail Wars (the first with Manaka as Saber's Master and the second with Ayaka Saber's Master).  From what I've read of the fan translation I think the other three Servants in the second Shinjuku Grail War are the same as the other three Servants in the Fifth Fuyuki Grail War (F/SN), so Herc, Medea, and Sasaki/Cursed Arm.

Pretty sure that it is only the prequel and doesn't cover the original Prototype. Thus we don't know the identity of these Servants aside from Perseus having a relationship with Proto Caster (which leaves pretty much Medusa as the likely candidate). The concept art of Berserker is similar to Heracles but it is unknown if that was intended to be him by Nasu. Fragments of Blue and Silver has already concluded which is why we have all Servants from there.

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m excited for our first playable demon pillar

Take your puns and shove them somewhere else.

In all seriousness though, the depiction of Jason in Okeanos doesn't have to apply to the 'Servant Jason'. Perseus is the best example where Medusa calls him a freaking Shinji but his Prototype self is anything but like that wimp. Same goes for Artoria and Arthur obviously.

52 minutes ago, Skurge said:

what about strange/fake servants?

I read somewhere (don't quote me on that though) that DW has no interest to include Servants from a working title. A certain Lancer kinda breaks that rule though.

4 hours ago, Talandar said:

Pretty sure that it is only the prequel and doesn't cover the original Prototype. Thus we don't know the identity of these Servants aside from Perseus having a relationship with Proto Caster (which leaves pretty much Medusa as the likely candidate). The concept art of Berserker is similar to Heracles but it is unknown if that was intended to be him by Nasu. Fragments of Blue and Silver has already concluded which is why we have all Servants from there.

Nope.  It flashes back and forth between both Grail Wars.  Herc being Proto-Berserker is confirmed, it's Caster and Assassin who are the only ones we don't know (they may have been revealed, I'm behind on the fan translation).

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7349-Fate-Prototype-Blue-Silver-Fragments-Complete-Version

Here's the fan translation if you're interested.

And as for Strange Fake Servants we technically already have one in the form of

Spoiler

Edison

EDIT:  Oh yeah, and Enkidu as well.

Edited by The Geek

got me a vlad from a ticket in the thanksgiving rate-up. 

any tips? sorta glad I didn't wind up with gilgamesh after pumping a shitton of exp into nobu 

this is the second time I pulled a 5* servant from a ticket wtf.

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

got me a vlad from a ticket in the thanksgiving rate-up. 

any tips? sorta glad I didn't wind up with gilgamesh after pumping a shitton of exp into nobu 

Use Tamamo with him. If you can get a Waver or second Tamamo, even better. His damage and NP charge regain on his ult is absolutely fucking insane, and when he gets his strengthening quest he's arguably the best Arts damage dealer other than Archer Artoria.

tamamo+support waver.

fuck i just pumped a ton of exp into lu bu now i gotta get it into vlad.

why do i keep pulling golden casters and berserkers, if this pattern keeps up I'm sure the next gold pull will be hercules or waver.

man is there any long term use for Jing Ke? I kinda like her art.

Edited by Skurge

17 minutes ago, Skurge said:

tamamo+support waver.

why do i keep pulling golden casters and berserkers, if this pattern keeps up I'm sure the next gold pull will be hercules or waver.

I have the same problem in my JP account except with Archers and Berserkers.

15 minutes ago, Skurge said:

tamamo+support waver.

Jing Ke's problem is:

1. No evasion compared to other "top tier low level Assassin". Hassan have the broken as shit PfA(seriously speaking Hassan would be pretty godly if he's an SSR imo) and Kojiro had EoTM

2. Her kit is offensively oriented and her star gen is mediocre 

I actually kinda think she's good though. Her NP is a combined version of Hassan AND Kojiro(in fairness the Hassan half does nothing, its kojiro np portion that is good, also with HP demerit but lol), she had an interlude to buff it up, and her Strengthen had a mana burst to top it off.

Of the non gold Assassin she's Top 3 and definitely the most offensively oriented

@SkurgeSiegfried is actually on the same tier as Salter in JP right now. His problem atm comes from HP gauge and overreliance on STGeorge who isn't too crazy good in harder contents

but in fairness the buff Siegfried get is borderline ridiculous, on paper since they literally doubled his damage output. My Siegfried is able to deal 110k on neutral for example, so with the buff he would casually gets 200k on neutral, 400k on SE

i'd propose giving him passive that hard mod dragon damage to Berserker modifier(something a unit had actually but theres no precedent for this) or a way for him to self tag Dragon traits into enemies.

welp, wish i had the patience to use Mata Hari. 

Jing Ke+Okita sounds like a fun pair.

ugh why can't i seem to pull leonidas, hans, or st george copies from the fp. I blew the 16 mp bundle's 20k fp and wound up with 10 copies of Phantom and mephistopheles.

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

i'd propose giving him passive that hard mod dragon damage to Berserker modifier(something a unit had actually but theres no precedent for this) or a way for him to self tag Dragon traits into enemies.

In a world without Merlin, this would be the perfect solution to his problems. However, with Merlin floating around, Siegfried being able to tag Dragon trait onto enemies would make him so ridiculously OP that he'd push every other offensive 4* out of the meta. Hell, I honestly think he'd just be the best Saber in the game period and as much as I like the guy, I'd much rather he under-perform unless placed in a specific instance or run in a specific team than have him be strictly better than any other comparable unit.

11 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

In a world without Merlin, this would be the perfect solution to his problems. However, with Merlin floating around, Siegfried being able to tag Dragon trait onto enemies would make him so ridiculously OP that he'd push every other offensive 4* out of the meta. Hell, I honestly think he'd just be the best Saber in the game period and as much as I like the guy, I'd much rather he under-perform unless placed in a specific instance or run in a specific team than have him be strictly better than any other comparable unit.

True. Siegfried's numbers as it is now is mind blowingly stupid even for most ST standard. I can't imagine how ridiculous a BBB chain of a 80% multiplicative Dragon slayer that works against everything buffed by Merlin would looks like

The big question is if you'd rather have God Tier Siegfried or cardboard being Siegfried but better

I'm ok with Big Sister Kuro being better than Little Brother EMIYA though

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner