Social Groups

Cynthia

Well it would limit the amount of emblems available, but that is a good idea, and would keep the system relating to the site's title.

Perhaps groups can go up ranks, such as the Herons, Royals, and such that we have for user groups?

Also some limitations on who can start group, as otherwise there will be far too many.

Yeah, in order to rank up the member would have to participate in events and such and win contests, etc for the group.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it would limit the amount of emblems available, but that is a good idea, and would keep the system relating to the site's title.

Perhaps groups can go up ranks, such as the Herons, Royals, and such that we have for user groups?

Also some limitations on who can start group, as otherwise there will be far too many.

Exactly. And yes, we can have ranks. I might have to code something to make it so group leaders can manage members, however, if necessary, I will do it.

I was thinking having a post standard or possibly even a "How long you've been a member," standard, to prevent spam groups.

Or if needed all groups must be approved by an administer. This prevents hate groups being made.

Edited by Cynthia

I was going to make it so that groups had to be approved by me or Vincent anyways, so that's a given.

Good plan, I was going to suggest a 500-750 post count margin, but perhaps there are going to be regulations for your groups approval, none the less I'm happy the idea is just being considered, even if it does not get put into place.

I was going to make it so that groups had to be approved by me or Vincent anyways, so that's a given.

That is reasonable, for if there was no approval needed, we'd have like a gazillion groups in here.

Edited by Django

I'm really curious as to why it didn't work out on another forum.

Eh, don't worry about that XD. It's just that it wasn't really well thought-out or organised (and it was kind of difficult on a proboards forum). Anyway, that was like 4 years ago probably...

I like the idea of competing, but not if it will bring hate with it.

Lets be honest here, all competitions sorta bring out a little animosity if the losing group does not know how to take a loss.

Competitions should be as you say, fun and for competing purposes, not to hate the other groups. If a team cant take a loss, then why bother to be a team in the first place, if you aint gonna know how to take a loss then this is not for you, peeps.

I wouldn't see much of a point unless there was some kind of perk in it.

In which case, then it just wouldn't work for other reasons.

I think it's a bit too fickle for something you could honestly get together and do yourself. I was able to get well over 30 different people in the span of 5 years into an AIM chatroom on a day to day basis until they all left me for bigger and better things.

Maybe I'm just ignorant to the issue, but why is this needed? Can the boards not provide adequate discussion?

I think it's a bit too fickle for something you could honestly get together and do yourself. I was able to get well over 30 different people in the span of 5 years into an AIM chatroom on a day to day basis until they all left me for bigger and better things.

I don't need to remove my pants when I read Manga, but I do it anyway.

I say if there's enough interest and we're capable of pulling it off well, then do it.

Well for starters that doesn't help the SITE at all, and if anything encourages people to go do other things rather then come here, which defeats the purpose of posting such things in the suggestions section, as suggestions should help the site.

Secondly as I stated before not everyone has a messenger, and not everyone uses the IRC, I RARELY use it myself.

As for perks we already discussed possible perks and other things it could do. The idea isn't entirely finished yet.

Well, suggestions can be easily discarded, whether they're for the site or for the betterment of the world.

But more realistically, there's too much general animosity for it too work. One little complaint about a user could set a whole group against a person in a generally one sided manner, and the boards would be set into inevitable fractions. I can see them now, and I haven't been here a month to know any better.

Admittedly, people are expected to be more mature, so more practical issues is that without enough people it just wouldn't be interesting, and with too many people it's just a social forum without people that you don't like.

Well, suggestions can be easily discarded, whether they're for the site or for the betterment of the world.

But more realistically, there's too much general animosity for it too work. One little complaint about a user could set a whole group against a person in a generally one sided manner, and the boards would be set into inevitable fractions. I can see them now, and I haven't been here a month to know any better.

Admittedly, people are expected to be more mature, so more practical issues is that without enough people it just wouldn't be interesting, and with too many people it's just a social forum without people that you don't like.

Groups are to be approved by the staff, meaning they can deny an inadequate leader the right to make a group. The staff are pretty good judges of who can handle them and who can not. The group leader has the responsibility of keeping the group under control.

Plus let's not forget the staff can oversee ANY group.

People are ALREADY split into small groups and cliques, so really that's not applicable.

I dont belong to any group, except for the Writers Group, but that was just for stories. As for contests, who knows, If I do get to be a leader, I might apply to be known as the Laguz Dragon Clan leader, I love dragons.

Edited by Django

I don't need to remove my pants when I read Manga, but I do it anyway.

I'm not a fan of change just for the sake of change. Unless there's somehow a difference or benefit to doing this, it sounds like a lot of effort with little or no gain.