Squad Assault and Chain Challenge discussion thread

Alexmender

I'll admit, the 8th AA is tougher. Mostly because 1: every map has some FU unit and 2: the last 2 have turn limits.

Spoiler

Map 1: Said screw it, needed other units later on, used armours. 5* LALyn, Hector, Hunktor and Arden wreck everything here.

Map 2: 5* Summelise, Lancina, Lyn and 4* Henry all do a good job. Highlights include Henry blocking the archer from attacking Lyn, ensuring success.

Map 3: Daggerick's no joke with terrain. 5* D!Ike was needed to clear this, alongside 4* Klein, Kagero and Leon.

Map 4: I'm surprised this works out like it does. 5* Tobin, Ayra, Fjorm and 4* Gordin are the team.

Map 5: I never liked this map with a turn limit. Too tight for its own good. Cav clear with 5* Clive, B!Lyn, Seigbert and Titania.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, did some of the paralogue CCs. There are next to no guides for them and the subreddit's CC thread is dead, so I've always ran into issues.

9+10: 5* M!Robin, Eirika, Mist and 4* Nino got to map 5, at which point I accepted defeat after taking out the swordsman and switched to 5* Eliwood, Titania, Ursula and B!Lyn

11+12: Honestly a frustrating one for me. I can't really figure who works well for the maps overall.

13+14: Pretty sure I cleared with one team of 5* Witch!Nowi, Valter, Newzura and Newmilla.

15+16: Had cleared it in the past, forgotten with who.

17+18: I'll get to it, Paralogue 18 was dangerous on it's own.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump and double post, but it's been a while, did some more CCs.

Paralogue 11+12 cleared with 5* M!Robin, Lancina, Nohrzura and M!Marth for the first half with B!Lyn, Eliwood, Ursula and Titania for the second. I actually needed TA on M!Robin for once.

Doing the 5th Assault a second time (b/c of quest) is so much easier than the first time.

Map 1: Flier Emblem (Elincia, Corrin, Azura, Cherche)
Map 2: Arena Armors (Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn)
Map 3: Same team as in the first clear (Dorcas, Eirika, Priscilla, PA Azura)
Map 4: Clive, PA Olivia, Winter Tharja, PA Shigure
Map 5: Xander, Reinhardt, Olivia, Brave Lyn

Finished 9th Assault easily on first try.

Map 1: Ryoma, Deirdre, Lissa, PA Olivia
Map 2: Sheena, Gwendolyn, Effie, Draug
Map 3: Summer Corrin, Cordelia, Elincia, NY Azura
Map 4: Bride Cordelia, Olivia, Azura, PA Shigure
Map 5: Xander, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, PA Azura

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, it's SA9 time.

Really easy without those crazy maps, innit?

Spoiler

Map 1: 4* F!Robin, Merric, Lilina, Niles.

Two tomebreakers, Spur Res spam and Niles to take out the cleric in 3 hits. Not much to explain. Had to restart because of Fury.

Map 2: 5* Norrin, Springcina, Sonya, 4* Tailtiu

Springcina laughs at these mages, while Sonya and Tailtiu help. Norrin near 1-rounds Niles unassisted.

Map 3: 5* Roy, Fjorm, Lyn, Mist

Boi's new refine laughs at Fae. Fjorm tanked all the magic, Lyn takes out the axe.

Map 4: 5* Takumi, Rebecca, 4* Klein, Betrayal

Had to restart because inflation is nuts. Hone Atk on +Atk +1 Takumi barely 1-shots the generics and leaves Cordelia on 3 HP if you want cheese ideas for this map.

Map 5: 5* M!Robin, 4* Selena, Bartre, Olivia.

Selena 2-rounds Barst with +Atk and Hone Atk, M!Robin turns bows into corpses and Hone Atk Bartre 1-rounds the armour.

Edit: Beat CC 17+18 with M!Robin, M!Marth, Lancina and BridLyn on the first set and Roy, Julia, Nohrzura and 4* Henry on the second. Seriously, Hoshidan New Year held me back for far too long.

Edited by Dayni

Squad Assault 9, nothing special. Pretty boring actually.

Also completed my deathless/infantry-only speed run of Book 2's chapters 3 & 4 combined Chain Challenge, Lunatic difficulty (original run had a death on last map)

Now the only Lunatic combined Chain Challenge I haven't done deathlessly with a single infantry team is Book 1 chapters 11 & 12 — suffice it to say that my next project will be to route that. My current clear is pretty choppy but I didn't have Bridelia or a forged attack seal on Setsuna back then.

Finally revisited Book 1, Story 11 & 12.

I give you: the infamous Lunatic Chain Challenge: Story chapters 11 & 12 combined, cleared deathlessly with infantry units only:

All my other deathless/infantry Lunatic Chain Challenge clears can be found here.

Edit: 

lol

Edited by Wanda

• 2 weeks later...

Squad Assault 10 cleared on first try.

Map 1: Sheena, Gwendolyn, Draug, Effie

Map 2: Lyon, Micaiah, PA Olivia, Elise

Map 3: Cordelia, Summer Corrin, NY Azura, Elincia

Map 4: Dorcas, Bride Cordelia, Olivia, Genny

It's that time again.

Map 1: 4* Arthur, Henry, M!Corrin, Lachesis.

Battle of attrition this time. Subaki didn't have a sapphire lance, making it take longer.

Map 2: 5* Marisa, Nephenee, SummeLeo 4* F!Robin

Had to redo when 3 of the enemies got together. SummeLeo can 1-round, F!Robin wrecks the knight and can take on the blue mage, Nephenee tanks out the sword user and Marisa takes on Raven.

Map 3: 5* Leif, Lyon, Sonya, Lancina

Had to redo because I got flanked by the mage and Sonya could not take that out while the rest were there. Lyon 1-rounds the armour with Drive Spd and Res Ploy support, pulls back from the mage, Leif can 1-round Cherche, the sword flier is killed by Sonya's moonbow proc and Lancina, Virion dies to Lyon and Leif finishes the mage after Sonya nearly killed it.

Map 4: 5* Nino, Morgan, Eirika, Azura

Decided to get Nino in a mission for the first time since I finally promoted her, she just tore up. M!Morgan also helped in fighting, Azura danced, Eirika provided buffs. Could have used either of them but Nino's swathe of destruction was fun to watch, what with Ursula being the closest to Sonia we've gotten (HINT HINT)

Map 5: 5* Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Hinoka, Kinoka

Eh, want to be done now. Easy clear, just take out the northern pegasus, wait for the other to come while taking out Soren and Mist and just hold the fort while Nowi takes 1 damage from Titania because Newzura isn't next to her.

Barring the last stage full infantry. Not too tough with what I have.

Wow that Ursula map gave me problems - even more than the reinforcement map. In the end, my teams were:

1: Raven, Gerome, Lyon, Saias

2: Meister Reinhardt, Cecilia, Kaze, Arvis

3: Bunny Camilla, Caeda, Henry, Shiro

4: Azura, Katrina, Sanaki, F!Robin

5: Bunny Al, Dark Azura, Innes, Ephraim

The fourth map took me forever to get right. The fifth map only took two tries (although Dark Azura tanked a hit from Titania that left her on 1 HP and I am forever grateful!)

Of my teams, Saias and Kaze were only brought along for the experience. They had a wonderful time and were great cheerleaders. 

1: Mathilda, Lissa, Fae, and Caeda: this team's still a work in progress, but they're also well suited to this map. Face tanks and kills almost anything, Lissa keeps her topped off and Mathilda and Caeda pitch in when they can.

2: Ninian, F!Corrin, Myrrh, and Adult Tiki: no problems here, especially since I managed to get the sword baddie to not free Nino. Myrrh took care of the Knight and Raven, Corrin the blue mage, Ninian the sword user, and Tiki Nino (with some dance shenanigans to box her her in).

3. Airzura, Elincia, Tana, H!Nowi: They're fliers on a map with a forest and hills so it was nice and easy.

4. Celica, Micaiah, Cherche, and Marisa: this one was definitely the hardest for me. I usually try to save this team for the last map, but I was having issues getting this one done without them. Marisa had to take a hit from Ursula but otherwise it wasn't too bad with them.

5: Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Priscilla, and Sigurd: much easier than I expected from a defend map, though Titania's Emerald Axe helped. I don't think anyone even took damage to be honest.

I used a f2p vdieo and I forget my teams already because since all my GHB units are 5*ed I had to keep trying videos until I found one that worked with 5*s in place of 4*s and even then it took 3 stamina pots to get the placement and seals just right.  I am just glad to get SA 10 over with.

Edited by EricaofRenais

• 2 weeks later...

So, finally doing some CC stuff for orbs again.

Did P19+20 with Reinhardt, Zweihardt, Finn and Gronnwen. None of these are fully built, except for Gronnwen who's -Atk and didn't have Desperation on. Well, until the last map where I didn't expect Sanaki to 1-shot Gronnwen and it all went to hell from there (didn't help they'd cleared each Paralogue separately). So I finished with Springcina, Takumi, Sanaki and Summelise. Springcina got bonked by Sanaki as well, though I was ready for it this time and it worked out.

Squad Assault 11 cleared:
Map 1: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Map 2: Marisa, Ursula, F!Robin, Bride Ninian
Map 3: Ryoma, PA Inigo, Saias, Boey
Map 4: Amelia, Hector, Winter Tharja, Genny

SA 11 is here.

Map 1: 5* Dorcas, Nephenee, Summer Leo, 4* Tailtiu

Simple enough bait and drop. The enemy Juila has Desperation. :P

Map 2: 5* Marisa, SummeRobin, Legion, Rebecca

Another easy one, though F!Robin taking on two cavs was not something I accounted for because of course Eldigan fought first.

Map 3: 5* Sonya, SummElise, Daggerick, Azura

This was more baiting honestly. Nino was easily removed, as were the other units. Blah blah.

Map 4: 5* Nohrzura, Nino, Eirkia, Sanaki

+4 to all stats Nino 1-shots Springcina. Nohrzura was unneeded, should have brought a unit for Spring Xander instead. Though Nino could solo this map with Eirika and 2 dancers.

Map 5: 5* M!Robin, D!Ike, B!Ike, Springcina.

This was a letdown actually. Pretty easy win here, I forgot Clair has Hit and Run so Ike didn't trigger Faye to attack over the hill.

Wow. No fails, all infantry. What a letdown.

The new SA was pretty easy so not a lot to tell here. 

Book II Chapter 9+10 CC was super tough, though. I used my Flier Emblem team until map 6 (damn you Lene, you're so annoying!) and then I had Eirika, Cordelia and Genny clear the rest. It took me like 2 Stamina pots to figure out which is quite a bit these days but it was fun. I missed super tough maps like this.

Edited by Alexmender

Finished the Book 2 9+10 CC on Lunatic. Had to use 2 teams as Lene really complicates the maps, especially since in both maps, she is accompanied by no fewer than 2 cavaliers, one of which is Ares, who hits like a truck - enemy phase Effie couldn't really stand up to him on just the Ch. 9 CC. Helbindi is just bulky as hell. Lene is surprisingly physically bulky, meaning Brave Lyn will not easily ORKO her.

For the 9+10 CC clear, I ran:
Team 1: Summer Corrin, New Years Azura, Cherche, Elincia (got wiped on map 4)
Team 2: ReinLyn + 2 dancers

Edited by Roflolxp54

Paralogues 19 & 20, Lunatic / deathless (infantry-only):

Squad Assault 11:

(Book II, Story 9 & 10 Lunatic/deathless is in the works, got a work deadline to meet hence the brisk pace of these vids...)

Jeez! Chapter 9+10 for book 2 was a lot more annoying than it really should've been. Stupid Leen. Used up way too many stamina potions for this, but I somehow managed to get through the nine first maps using the same team of sword!Reinhardt, both Olwens, and PA!Olivia -- the latter of whom was the key to helping me survive. My second team just finished off the stuff in the last map that was left.

Book 2 Chapter 9&10 duo demanded an extensive amount of focus on speed for Nowi (Spd refine, Light Breath Buff, Ally Support, Spd +3 seal, Drive Speed) to keep up with these new fast units like Ishtar and Nino to avoid getting doubled.  If the speed creep keeps up I'm not sure how long it will be viable to speed stack Nowi, her base speed is basically her dump stat.  Drive Speed/Speed Tactic seals would help.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

The new chain challenge was just plain evil...dancers and reinforcements with chain challenge's inflated stats? Gross. At least we didn't have any turn limits unlike a certain chain challenge in book 1.

I eventually managed by leading with my flier team (Ninian, Elincia, Airzura, and F!Grima...had to swap out Ninian's chill attack for desperation), who made it all the way to the next to last map. My main gals of Celica, Micaiah, Cherche, and Marisa made it through that map and most of the last one, and I let horse emblem take care of the two lousy enemies that the previous group had problems with (Lloyd and Jafar of all of people). It might've taken just two or three tries had I not forgotten about Ishtar's vantage on an early run :>_<: