An rpg proposition

Deity

Anyway, seeing as to we are getting propositions here and there, I was curious about something.

I've always been fond of rping and stuff. So, what I wanted to know was that if it would be possible for me and a group of chosen people to run a small Serene Forest massive multiplayer rp here.

I got a plot, I got characters, and I can mug requests if this is approved. I also have all FE icons and weapons and stuff.

The rpg would offer the following:

-First of all you, the member, would be able to create a character, or a few, depending on the circumstances of the popularity of the game.

-In this rpg you would take the role of your character(s) and rp in a set world.

--You would level up, gain xp, gain items and such as you complete quests and stuff.

--As in real life, in the rpg you would be able to befriend other players, or betray them. You could rule your own kingdom, marry a girl, become a hero, etc.

Anyway, I'd say more on this project, but I will wait and see if this gardners any attention at all.

It honestly sounds too fancy for a forum. I wouldn't mind a system where users fought gladiator style and that's it.

Gladiator style? Meh, that has no imagination to it, no action in my opinion.

It seems like you could just make this as a thread.

Not really, in order to build a good, interesting rpg that would deliver fun, you need a few subforums.

Well first off, all that stuff your asking for requires a lot of knowledge of PHP to accomplish. It's not going to happen overnight I assure you that.

While it is an interesting concept and a doable one at that you need to realize; it may not take off and then all that hard work will be for nothing. Believe it or not, not everyone is into RPing.

Edited by Arch

Well first off, all that stuff your asking for requires a lot of knowledge of PHP to accomplish. It's not going to happen overnight I assure you that.

While it is an interesting concept and a doable one at that you need to realize; it may not take off and then all that hard work will be for nothing. Believe it or not, not everyone is into RPing.

Trust me, I dont need to know PHP, I can build the rpg with a few subforums. ^^ I've done it before.

There are already plenty of fire emblem forums with RPs. FEP is one with a relatively successful RP, and ECW used to be another, but they failed miserably. SF isn't the type of forum for roleplay. It's not that we can't do it, it's just that I think it would take away focus from the rest of the forum, for something that we really don't specialize in. You can wait for Vincent's reply though, but I doubt it'll be much different.

Trust me, I dont need to know PHP, I can build the rpg with a few subforums. ^^ I've done it before.

That will eventually become incredibly unorganized, though. Believe me, PHP will help a fuckton with such a thing as this.

Perhaps you could start your own site to accommodate this?

Well, Lux and I were working on one but I lost the godamn address :lol:

I dont know, I might start a new one, but its definitely not going to be an invision board. Anyone know of good forum hosters?

You could also buy a very cheap domain (and host) and install SMF, phpBB or vBulletin or something. They're free as well.

Otherwise you're probably best of with InvisionFree or JCink (of which I really don't like the uber-long URLs).

You could also buy a very cheap domain (and host) and install SMF, phpBB or vBulletin or something. They're free as well.

Otherwise you're probably best of with InvisionFree or JCink (of which I really don't like the uber-long URLs).

I don't think vBulletin is free.

Link to smf please...

And, well, Lux and I have started the rp here: http://fireemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

Several peeps from serene joined. We use the chatbox alot. :D

At the moment I'm just finishing posting games rules and such, but soon the rp will be ready, sooner than you may think.

Installing arcades and money on SMF isn't too much of a hassle either. I'm sure there is a modification for it somewhere :D

But you should do what you think is best ^_^