Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well, Bird Pubes. Bird Pubes just find Bird Pubes slowly Bird Pubes that every Bird Pubes in this Bird Pubes is called Bird Pubes.

It was funnier when I did it :p

Good effort though! Heheh heh 

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You do know what I am capable of doing with a ton of feathers, right?

You can like, totally make a fully decked out horse emblem team, right?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No, it does so too much. Also, ew.

What do you mean "ew"? Whenever you eat chicken with the skin intact and you see those bumps, that is where bird pubes used to grow out of.

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Good effort though! Heheh heh 

If it is not funny, I will just call it practice. All that good effort is not completely wasted!

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

If it helps, Clair is my favorite SoV character. she's just not as great in this game...

Top contributor in both my Echoes playthroughs so far, and it is the way Clive treats her in the Deliverance stuff that makes me hate him. Also the funniest character in the game, even with Gray hanging around.

EDITS:

@Astolfo! No amount of feathers could get me one of those.

@XRay Implying I eat whole chicken. Nuggets are fine... just... not a big fan of it in corpse form.

Edited by phineas81707

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Top contributor in both my Echoes playthroughs so far, and it is the way Clive treats her in the Deliverance stuff that makes me hate him. Also the funniest character in the game, even with Gray hanging around.

Eh, Delthea did a lot more for me when I got her, and archers are just broken in that game. She was my best melee unit though.

I don't really recall Clive being a jerk to her in the Deliverance stuff though. might need to replay those...

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Eh, Delthea did a lot more for me when I got her, and archers are just broken in that game. She was my best melee unit though.

I don't really recall Clive being a jerk to her in the Deliverance stuff though. might need to replay those...

It's never really to her, it's the way he talks about her. You'd think being engaged to the most competent paladin in all of Zofia (at least, while Mycen's on forced retirement) would get him to respect women in the army.

EDIT: Delthea is awesome, and I suspect it's availability that ranks Clair at the top. Tobin did well in playthrough one, but I was allowed no archers other than Alm for number two. Perhaps my new playthrough, where I intend to have Kliff and Forsyth in that class, will remind me of that.

Edited by phineas81707

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Tough competition, yes, but the only time I wasn't laughing at Clair was when she was crying in Act 5.

Boey also gets me laughing at his gameplay utility.

Looking forward to playing the game. Going to get a 3DS in September, and Shadows will be the first.

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It's never really to her, it's the way he talks about her. You'd think being engaged to the most competent paladin in all of Zofia (at least, while Mycen's on forced retirement) would get him to respect women in the army.

How does Clive speaks badly about Clair? He always speaks fondly of Clair, and the "bad" thing he says about Clair is that she can be a handful. Where does he speaks about Clair with disrespect? And Clive is extremely respectful towards women. Have you seen his A support with Mathilda?

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

How does Clive speaks badly about Clair? He always speaks fondly of Clair, and the "bad" thing he says about Clair is that she can be a handful. Where does he speaks about Clair with disrespect? And Clive is extremely respectful towards women. Have you seen his A support with Mathilda?

Unfortunately, the DLC scripts aren't at hand right now and it's too late at night for me to write a transcription, so you'll have to make do with this moment from the base content:

Clive: I fear my mother has about given up on my dear sister. She worries she’ll never marry her off to a proper family. If Clair hears you’ve joined the knights, she’s liable to try and follow. She does abhor being left behind…

Fernand: Ha ha ha! I’ve no doubt Clair will come to her senses. She’s at the age where girls learn to embroider and be demure. She’ll soon realize it best to leave the kingdom to us men.

Clive: Embroidery needles are just weapons to her.

The first map has a longer conversation to this effect.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I haven't really decided how to switch up my Tempest team yet. It used to be Lucina (Alm) / Julia / Reinhardt / Azura, but replacing Lucina with Celica would leave me with no 1-range master.

Holy Crap, I thought they were adding Bayonetta to Heroes!!

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Unfortunately, the DLC scripts aren't at hand right now and it's too late at night for me to write a transcription, so you'll have to make do with this moment from the base content:

Clive: I fear my mother has about given up on my dear sister. She worries she’ll never marry her off to a proper family. If Clair hears you’ve joined the knights, she’s liable to try and follow. She does abhor being left behind…

Fernand: Ha ha ha! I’ve no doubt Clair will come to her senses. She’s at the age where girls learn to embroider and be demure. She’ll soon realize it best to leave the kingdom to us men.

Isn't this more saying that Fernand doesn't think highly of women serving in the kingdom, rather than Clive saying it?

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Isn't this more saying that Fernand doesn't think highly of women serving in the kingdom, rather than Clive saying it?

The thing in the first Rise of Deliverance made me feel worse, but I don't have access to it right now.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

And how is that speaking badly about her? He only mentions being worried about her. Being her older brother, it's only natural that he would be a little apprehensive about Clair risking her life in battle. The one being disrespectful towards women is Fernand. Clive never said anything bad about Clair.

EDIT: And I did just replayed the Rise of the Deliverance, and Clive never disrespects Clair. The only thing he does is worry her headstrong and reckless attitude, which is completely valid concern. He didn't Clair on the mission because he feared her reckless attitude could cause problems. Which again is a valid concern. And Clive and Clair's mother is never mentioned on the map.

Edited by Water Mage

Renewal is a God Tier ability in the TT.

I've been running a +6 Nowi (TA, Bow Breaker), +1 Celica (Renewal 3), Lucina (Ardent Sacrifice, Fury 3, Renewal 2), and a +Atk Klein.

Celica is absurd with the stat buffs, Lucina keeps everyone healed while attacking occasionally, Nowi handles all reds and bows, and Klein erases fliers.

I'm 6 for 6 on reaching the final map, and I have only had to use a 2nd team once.

The Ardent Sacrifice/Renewal build is just so good on Falchion users. I already have both Chrom and Masked Marth ready to go with it once Lucina maxes her HM.

Oh the extra points for this trial are very good!!! it helps a lot when you don't have that much time to play. Also, the first Lunatic difficulty get a drop of difficulty? anyway, since I can't play a lot, I play only 5 fights to make it quickly, so the multplier is very good to advance faster, I like that. But I want to try the 7 fights too, gotta wait until saturday to try it.

so about the bonus stats..are those visible (like how buffs are blue?). because i'm using Celica, Berkut, and Sonya, but i don't see anything.

o nevermind i see what's up

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

so about the bonus stats..are those visible (like how buffs are blue?). because i'm using Celica, Berkut, and Sonya, but i don't see anything.

It adds them straight to their base stats and displays them as such. You can tell because +Hp Celica has something like 42 HP and with the buffs her displayed HP will be 46 minimum.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

What do you mean "ew"? Whenever you eat chicken with the skin intact and you see those bumps, that is where bird pubes used to grow out of.

2 hours ago, Astolfo! said:

Avian male genitalia is internal.

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Whoever played Paper Mario 64 first is the saltier one

The good memories are coming back (but then XRay RUINED THEM!). Thank you for the screenshot, I think I'll need to play PM on my Wii U again. 

33 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

o nevermind i see what's up

Must be those totally messed up eyes hehehehe