Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Btw: I never understood this "press F" meme, is it a button on a Nintendo console? 

It's a joke about how, in Call of Duty, there's a scene at a funeral where you press the 'F' button on your keyboard---if you're playing on a PC---to pay respects to the dead guy.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Edit: Yeah, so I got Brave Lucina. Also a new Klein. Much better!

How does it feel to be a terrible person? My journey into colorless hell got me a Maria and Jacob.

JK, good job on those pulls.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

How does it feel to be a terrible person? My journey into colorless hell got me a Maria and Jacob.

JK, good job on those pulls.

Oh, I got Jakob, too. Also, I still need Maria... Lucky. :-/

(Just goes to show, one man's trash is another's treasure.)

Finished SP grinding for the Brave Heroes!

Lyn (my free gift summon) is pretty much done since her default kit is already very good. She does have Desperation, Draw Back, Hone Cavalry, and Fortify Cavalry in reserve and has the SP to learn Brave Bow+ and Life and Death 3 (the benefit from the latter is only marginal, but I can't help but want to spoil her). Unsurprisingly, she has the most HM since Bow Valor doesn't exist.

Lucina (neutral, hilariously enough) does have Sturdy Blow 2 learned in reserve. My thought process is that Fury can help buff her enemy phase presence a bit and Wings of Mercy allows her to move her AoE buffs over to wounded allies, using Swap if needed to put herself on the frontlines.

I was pretty lazy with Ike (+HP/-Atk) but 49 Atk isn't super bad. Swap is good on tanky units and he does have Quick Riposte 2 in reserve (could be useful if he's not facing against cavalry/flier teams).

Roy (+Def/-Res) is pretty fun to train up since Heavy Blade 3 effect on Blazing Durandal, high Atk and mobility, and Galeforce allow him to easily score kills. Swap is neat for frontliners. Threaten Atk 3 can make it easier for him to abuse the Heavy Blade 3 effect. He also has Hone Cavalry in reserve.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I went into this banner with low expectations, and ended up with better than I had thought. Got Lyn as my free summon (because I didn't realize it was a separate banner...), plus Brave Lucina and Brave Roy, the two I had hoped for most. Alongside that, I finally got Lilina, Jeorge, and Eirika, three of my most-wanted characters, for the first time; Eirika's even a 5 star! +Def/-Spd, which isn't exactly great, but I won't refuse any Eirika at this point. Might try for better boons/banes for Lucina and Roy, but otherwise, I'm glad to leave this one with more than I had hoped for.

39 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

As I thought, Ike is much bigger pain in ass fight against  than Lyn. Well, I hope he will come to me soon.

As odd as it might seem, the easiest way to kill him is actually with a melee. Urvan basically doubles his hp vs. ranged units---at least when you had the presence of mind to remember that it's pointless to turn Ike into Hector when Hector is already Hector. This is part of the problem, of course, since melees tend to leave themselves overextended.

(On offense you need to be more careful about Ike because, while on defense, forcing 2 or 3 units to nuke one down means your other units can grab a kill---only galeforce gets to off multiple people a round---on offense losing Ike but winning the fight is still kind of losing.)

Edit: I guess Ignis Pulse Ike variants will be total bullcrap to fight no matter what, but I'm much too lazy swap between offense and defense skillsets. Regarding Lyn, part of her problem is that, A: her brave-bow set basically turns her into colorless Olwen, who's worse than Rein for a reason, and B, the fact that not everyone runs 4 mage lineups means that her paper physical bulk bites her hard.

Edited by DehNutCase

43 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

As I thought, Ike is much bigger pain in ass fight against  than Lyn. Well, I hope he will come to me soon.

I think it's funny that my regular Ike and also my Alfonse can both easily 1v1 him and win. He really hasn't shown to be a problem for me so far.

Meanwhile, Lyn's added the next layer of cancer to the arena as I've repeatedly seen her paired up with both Reinhardt and Azura. I saw QP Moonbow Rein + Azura often enough, but Lyn on top of it just makes those teams even more miserable to deal with.

Well I am down to pulling one or so at a time since I really don't feel like waiting until I grind up 20 orbs. I was willing to pull on Colorless since Lyn has Swift Sparrow and Attack Smoke which just makes her handy fodder. That said I if I had 4 colorless + 1 other color I would pull the other and back out. I was just willing to dump 3 orbs at a chance for another.

Anyways the 5 orbs I just hit today let me pull one so I put it on green(2 colorless and 2 blue accompanying it) and Lo'and'Behold I got Brave Ike with no pity. +Def/-Res. I suppose I should be excited, those IV's certainly aren't terrible, but I just feel drained at this point. So now with whatever orbs I get for the rest of the Banner I only need to pull on Red and Blue. Blue over red, as neat as Roy is I just really like Lucina's design. So out of 7 5-stars off this banner(or was it 6?) I only have 1 focus. I may have just greatly increases my 5star count at relatively little cost, but the lack of focus just leaves me feeling drained. First world problems, eh?