NA Release Date Revealed + Special Edition! Available Oct. 20th!

Anacybele

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Denomon3144 said:

According to Gamestop's preorder page, the Special Edition releases on October 10th instead of October 28th! I'd advise every fan to preorder the Special Edition so they can play the game earlier.

Well, that's peculiar. Part of me suspects they just fucked up and typed the '10' for October twice, but if we do indeed get the special edition earlier I can't complain.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No, that says it'll SHIP on Oct. 10th. It'll still arrive on or close to the 20th.

Expedited shipping at its finest, at least with 1-2 day shipping you don't have to hope for the best. I do wonder if that's a typo though and that seems really early even for some of the slowest shipping, there is too much room for error you could end up getting the game three days early with something like that.

Though that could be them choosing to ship it to a local gamestop and then have it mailed to you which could happen in a reasonable time with far less room for error.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Expedited shipping at its finest, at least with 1-2 day shipping you don't have to hope for the best. I do wonder if that's a typo though and that seems really early even for some of the slowest shipping, there is too much room for error you could end up getting the game three days early with something like that.

Though that could be them choosing to ship it to a local gamestop and then have it mailed to you which could happen in a reasonable time with far less room for error.

I don't know, I remember some people got some new releases a day or so early in the past.

I don't pick expedited shipping, lol. Too expensive. I'm patient enough to wait a couple extra days just to save money. :P

On 8/28/2017 at 11:51 PM, Dandee Leone said:

Fire Emblem's sales have ALWAYS been front loaded, meaning the overwhelming majority of lifetime sales happen during the first month, with insane drop off in sales afterwards.

But this isn't a straight Fire Emblem title, half of it is a Warriors title..so we should be looking at their sales as well.

Hyrule Warriors continued selling well even after the initial release month, it also comes out directly before the Holidays so you should factor that in as well. In addition, there aren't a ton of Switch games to compete with aside from Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem has had a definite boost in popularity since the release of Awakening.

I think it will do just fine in sales.

Also, I got my reservation for the Special Edition in on Amazon, yay.