NA Release Date Revealed + Special Edition! Available Oct. 20th!

Anacybele

Just now, Arthur97 said:

At least my arguments had some base since Awakening was included. At this point, Ike and Roy are looking borderline impossible.

The ironic thing is "Hope will never die" is one of the main themes for a Lucina fan... and yet you're crushing someone else's. lol

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

25 is still a fair bit bigger than Warriors Crossover rosters tend to be at least.

Sure, but here is where my issue is. This roster just doesnt seem right, at all.

We have 1 wyvern, 2 mages, no infantry lancers, 1 infantry axe user (and she is a war priest on top of it, not the typical axe user), 2 pegasus, no rogue types, no beast/dragon types, and 1 bow user. We only have about 8 more slots left.

That just doesnt seem right at all. Sure those 8 more slots can clear some of that up, but it just doesnt seem right at all. Doesnt seem like its enough to shore up what it is missing. That is also including the fact that we have no villains announced yet either.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I highly doubt Ike and Roy are getting in the base game. I think it's time to let that and accept that they won't be here.

As for the poster, didn't it say it was duel sided? Could the others not just be on the other side?

We aren't allowed to dream anymore? I mean, we don't know what they have planned, for all we know they could be the sonic and snake of this game, unlikely additions who no one could have guessed would be added, let the man have his fantasies and let them be crushed by the game when it releases and not idle speculation.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

At least my arguments had some base since Awakening was included. At this point, Ike and Roy are looking borderline impossible.

Change the icon all you want, you're still recognized as the resident Lucina fanboy. It really sounds like a case of, "I got what I wanted so everyone else can sit and spin".

There is nothing wrong with being a little optimistic. I'm happy your favorite is in, and I wish everyone's favorite can get in - including mine. That's not wrong, and you don't immediately need to swoop in and shit on it.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

The ironic thing is "Hope will never die" is one of the main themes for a Lucina fan... and yet you're crushing someone else's. lol

I'm also a Chrom fan, so their "end has come." At this point it just feels like setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Change the icon all you want, you're still recognized as the resident Lucina fanboy. It really sounds like a case of, "I got what I wanted so everyone else can sit and spin".

There is nothing wrong with being a little optimistic. I'm happy your favorite is in, and I wish everyone's favorite can get in - including mine. That's not wrong, and you don't immediately need to swoop in and shit on it.

Well, aren't we rude. Call me what you will, but I was using logical reasoning which everyone ignored because they just assumed "waifu." Don't think I wouldn't have argued for another important Awakening character were they left out, but, no, I'm labeled a fanboy so everyone can ignore what I say. Everything is pointing away from anyone not in these three games and at this point anything else is delusional. DLC? Sure, in fact I say it's probable, but at some point you have to look at the facts.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm also a Chrom fan, so their "end has come." At this point it just feels like setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't think you heard Chrom right. They may have only shown characters from three games but ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

14 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sure, but here is where my issue is. This roster just doesnt seem right, at all.

We have 1 wyvern, 2 mages, no infantry lancers, 1 infantry axe user (and she is a war priest on top of it, not the typical axe user), 2 pegasus, no rogue types, no beast/dragon types, and 1 bow user. We only have about 8 more slots left.

Yeah, this is where my head is right now. I think it's reasonable to assume swords will be the majority of playable units. But game balance has to factor in somewhere too. Maybe as more swords entered the roster, they dialed down how important the weapon triangle was, despite the ability to switch units.

Heck, I can't even see what weapons enemies are holding half the time. At first I thought it was color coded since all the axes I seen were green. But then I noticed every other type was green too. Missed opportunity. In Fates and Heroes, Swords are red, lances are blue, and axes are green. That would have been perfect for this game. I can't focus on the shape of weapons if it's a mob of enemies.

Edited by Glennstavos

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, aren't we rude. Call me what you will, but I was using logical reasoning which everyone ignored because they just assumed "waifu." Don't think I wouldn't have argued for another important Awakening character were they left out, but, no, I'm labeled a fanboy so everyone can ignore what I say. Everything is pointing away from anyone not in these three games and at this point anything else is delusional. DLC? Sure, in fact I say it's probable, but at some point you have to look at the facts.

There are some other logical arguments you can consider, general popularity, smash bros, amiibo, NDAs, Ike's appearance in fates and awakening dlc. 

The concept is not so out there that even the consideration would be farfetched.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I'm trying to be an optimist, I'm trying to have fun. I love this game, want it to do well, and I'm hyped.

Stop being a dick, for real.

I have to eat some crow for a lot of my behavior, and yeah, you'll be held accountable for yours. You weren't exactly courteous to others when arguing for Lucina, fanboy or not. Are you seriously so dense that you think I honestly don't understand the facts? That I don't already get your point? That what you're saying is so unique and profound that I couldn't have figured it out just by having an IQ of 10?

Yes. I know Roy's chance is slim. D.U.H. It's called H.O.P.E. It could all be translation, and who knows what the devs are thinking, but they said almost all focus is on those three games. The leaves it open to being those three games with an outside pick or two - and if any characters had a chance for the outside pick or two, it would be the smashers. In a game that encourages cross promotion, they would be dumber to leave out any of the smashers (your waifu included), because they appeal to a much larger crowd.

They could be, and the choice words here are, they could be the exception to the rule. I'm not arguing absolutes, and I don't know why you are, and coming off incredibly aggressive in doing so.

Chrom's best quote has always been, "Now I'm angry!"

17 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This post, man, seriously.

One thing really going in Ike's favor is the lack of a mercenary-type character so far. Ogma could fill that role, but I don't think anyone has high hopes for him when Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Merric, and Minerva exist. That leaves Ike as the perfect candidate for sword juggernaut mercenary type guy.

22 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That just doesnt seem right at all. Sure those 8 more slots can clear some of that up, but it just doesnt seem right at all. Doesnt seem like its enough to shore up what it is missing. That is also including the fact that we have no villains announced yet either.

I think this will be a case like HW where the villains will be unique and consist of their own movesets but will be given playablity at a later date.

dont quote me on this however.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

There are some other logical arguments you can consider, general popularity, smash bros, amiibo, NDAs, Ike's appearance in fates and awakening dlc. 

The concept is not so out there that even the consideration would be farfetched.

True, but I highly doubt they'll make singular exceptions. They seem keen on bringing games, not characters.

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm trying to be an optimist, I'm trying to have fun. I love this game, want it to do well, and I'm hyped.

Stop being a dick, for real.

I have to eat some crow for a lot of my behavior, and yeah, you'll be held accountable for yours. You weren't exactly courteous to others when arguing for Lucina, fanboy or not. Are you seriously so dense that you think I honestly don't understand the facts? That I don't already get your point? That what you're saying is so unique and profound that I couldn't have figured it out just by having an IQ of 10?

Yes. I know Roy's chance is slim. D.U.H. It's called H.O.P.E. It could all be translation, and who knows what the devs are thinking, but they said almost all focus is on those three games. The leaves it open to being those three games with an outside pick or two - and if any characters had a chance for the outside pick or two, it would be the smashers. In a game that encourages cross promotion, they would be dumber to leave out any of the smashers (your waifu included), because they appeal to a much larger crowd.

They could be, and the choice words here are, they could be the exception to the rule. I'm not arguing absolutes, and I don't know why you are, and coming off incredibly aggressive in doing so.

Chrom's best quote has always been, "Now I'm angry!"

Yes, I get aggressive since I'm often forced to argue these things alone. You're the one losing your temper now, and you've accused me of fanboyism one too many times. I don't even like the term waifu. I think it's degrading to characters. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

One thing really going in Ike's favor is the lack of a mercenary-type character so far. Ogma could fill that role, but I don't think anyone has high hopes for him when Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Merric, and Minerva exist. That leaves Ike as the perfect candidate for sword juggernaut mercenary type guy.

I think one thing that hasn't  been mentioned in Ike's favor, is the fact that he is admittedly IS' favorite lord. Swordie or not, I think that would have more weight than what any of us think is "proper" if he's the dev team's golden child. (This was from an interview, I can't remember which one, so please don't quote me on which).

You have a reason to be optimistic, and for your sake I hope he's in. I hope everyone gets someone they want, if not their absolute favorite.

I'd just like to mention that Nintendo also made a few requests as well as IS. I'd say Ike and Roy have a possibility-- not a probability, but not implausible either. Don't get your hopes up, but it could be the case.

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I wouldn't say everything is pointing away from Ike's and Roy's inclusion. Despite what the developers have said they haven't outright stated they're not in the game. They could be some secret unlockable character and not have any ties to the story. I wouldn't encourage people to get their hopes too high up but have hope regardless.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I'd just like to mention that Nintendo also made a few requests as well as IS. I'd say Ike and Roy have a possibility-- not a probability, but not implausible either. Don't get your hopes up, but it could be the case.

I figured they were considered one entity when it came to this.

Hm. That poster artwork honestly doesn't look complete to me, that is, the visual emptiness of the poster looks very suspicious.
Seriously that's not how you accomplish visual balance in a poster Nintendo

Besides the obvious visual void next to SD's boxart (on both sides), the poster looks...like a sort of...incomplete pyramid layout? 

I mean, if you look at the empty space in the poster it's as if there are empty slots in the pyramid's "masonry", when I look at the space between Marth & Frederick, they're aligned in such a precise way that it looks as if there's supposed to be something above Cordelia (and then something above Robin and Lissa to mirror it).

Then there's the odd space below the elder sisters/next to the younger brothers of Fates - there's a space for precisely one character on each side there. Then there's the empty area above F!Corrin - the space is just enough to have a linked portrait align with the top of the boxart. like M!Robin/F!Robin's (their double portrait in turn aligns with the top of the Awakening boxart).

My point is, why leave those spaces empty?
In a proper, final poster layout, you would've centered those spaces perpendicularly to not create that space in the first place: Marth between Frederick and Cordelia, Leo between Xander and Camilla, and Takumi between Hinoka and Ryoma, and in F!Corrin's case she should've been centered vertically between the Fates boxart.

Yet..they aren't. Which can mean two things, whomever was in charge of that poster needs another course on visual balance in promotive art, or, it's not finished.
The latter seems far more likely - even more so given the "25 cards" part in the tweet.

1 minute ago, Namarid said:

I wouldn't say everything is pointing away from Ike's and Roy's inclusion. Despite what the developers have said they haven't outright stated they're not in the game. They could be some secret unlockable character and not have any ties to the story. I wouldn't encourage people to get their hopes too high up but have hope regardless.

I'm more than bit tired of people clamoring for characters that have minimal chances of making it in. Mostly from comments sections (I honestly don't know why I read them). Still, I may have taken that out on more reasonable people, and that is not okay so apologies if I offended anyone. However, I hate it when my arguments are relegated to the ramblings of a fanboy just because I happen to like the character in question. It rubs me the wrong way. I honestly don't think this forum is good for me. I wish there was somewhere more open to the newer games.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I figured they were considered one entity when it came to this.

Nintendo made the Lucina request, of all issues I would think this is the one that would be least foreign to you.

If anything, having characters like Female Robin who can't be used in the story should really offer more hope, as it makes it possible to have other characters not in the story... like a perfect prize at the end of an adventure map, for example.

1 hour ago, KaSlider said:

That poster was probably edited to not show unnanounced characters. They don't want to repeat what happened with Lissa and Robin.

Maybe Marth's exclusively one side of the poster. I mean... it IS Dual-Sided.

19 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I think one thing that hasn't  been mentioned in Ike's favor, is the fact that he is admittedly IS' favorite lord. Swordie or not, I think that would have more weight than what any of us think is "proper" if he's the dev team's golden child. (This was from an interview, I can't remember which one, so please don't quote me on which).

You have a reason to be optimistic, and for your sake I hope he's in. I hope everyone gets someone they want, if not their absolute favorite.

I don't know, I feel like Xander might be IS's favorite character given how they've treated him in Heroes lately... >.> But I wouldn't complain if Ike was their fav. lol

But yes, I hope Ike is in at least as DLC! I'd love to Aether people into oblivion with a pretty 3D Ike!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Maybe Marth's exclusively one side of the poster. I mean... it IS Dual-Sided.

Watch Archanea have the biggest cast out of the three, I'd get so many jollies lol.

It won't, but what perfect trolling it would be.

I don't know, I feel like Xander might be IS's favorite character given how they've treated him in Heroes lately... >.> But I wouldn't complain if Ike was their fav. lol

But yes, I hope Ike is in at least as DLC! I'd love to Aether people into oblivion with a pretty 3D Ike!

I do hope you get it! And I hope you don't think completely ill of me for yesterday, which I do apologize for. Whenever you decide that a picture not being in english is okay, I still have that Ike card.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

41 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't think you heard Chrom right. They may have only shown characters from three games but ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

Yeah, this is where my head is right now. I think it's reasonable to assume swords will be the majority of playable units. But game balance has to factor in somewhere too. Maybe as more swords entered the roster, they dialed down how important the weapon triangle was, despite the ability to switch units.

Heck, I can't even see what weapons enemies are holding half the time. At first I thought it was color coded since all the axes I seen were green. But then I noticed every other type was green too. Missed opportunity. In Fates and Heroes, Swords are red, lances are blue, and axes are green. That would have been perfect for this game. I can't focus on the shape of weapons if it's a mob of enemies.

Maybe. Hopefully 25 isn't the final number before DLC. At the very least though we still do have DLC, which could fix whatever issues the base game has roster wise.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I highly doubt Ike and Roy are getting in the base game. I think it's time to let that and accept that they won't be here.

As for the poster, didn't it say it was duel sided? Could the others not just be on the other side? Okay, on a second look, yeah it was probably just edited.

It's the character cards themselves I am talking about. In the special edition there are character art cards. It specifies 25 of them. They could be double sided, which would mean 50 characters. But that seems almost too high. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I don't want Ike/Roy in the base game at all at this point:

1. I want the developers to actually stick with the focus they claimed to have (SD/Awake/Fates).  I don't care that this 'cuts off more than half the fanbase'.  The devs made a decision, I want them to stick to it.

2. This sort of ties into point 1, but Ike and Roy are complete outsiders with absolutely no relation to anyone in the currently revealed cast.  The devs said that existing relationships are important (which is implied to be one of the main reasons Frederick and Lissa are in).  Just throwing Ike/Roy in without any of their supporting cast goes against that.  Adding Ike as DLC with the Greil mercs, or Roy with his supporting cast?  Fine, but not randomly thrown into the base game because lolpopularity.

On topic:  It's nice to actually have a release date for NA, though a bit disappointing that it's concurrent with EU release not JP release.

17 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I do hope you get it! And I hope you don't think completely ill of me for yesterday, which I do apologize for. Whenever you decide that a picture not being in english is okay, I still have that Ike card.

Don't worry, all is good now. :)

Eh, I'm still not entirely into it since it's not in English. And I could probably easily order one myself anyway. xP

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I don't want Ike/Roy in the base game at all at this point:

1. I want the developers to actually stick with the focus they claimed to have (SD/Awake/Fates).  I don't care that this 'cuts off more than half the fanbase'.  The devs made a decision, I want them to stick to it.

2. This sort of ties into point 1, but Ike and Roy are complete outsiders with absolutely no relation to anyone in the currently revealed cast.  The devs said that existing relationships are important (which is implied to be one of the main reasons Frederick and Lissa are in).  Just throwing Ike/Roy in without any of their supporting cast goes against that.  Adding Ike as DLC with the Greil mercs, or Roy with his supporting cast?  Fine, but not randomly thrown into the base game because lolpopularity.

On topic:  It's nice to actually have a release date for NA, though a bit disappointing that it's concurrent with EU release not JP release.

Dude, they don't have to be part of the main story. Female Robin already proved that.