NA Release Date Revealed + Special Edition! Available Oct. 20th!

Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Different genres doesn't exactly mean they'll be directly competing to be fair. Plus the Japanese version isn't coming out around that time and thats where this game will probably do much better overall.

Do you do anything besides preach doom and gloom though?

I add a dash of realistic pessimism in a forum full of unreal optimism. Someone has to do it...

I predict this will be the worst selling First Party Switch game by a longshot. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I get this game at all, I'll hold off until the holidays or until the DLC is announced. My purchase is up in the air right now.

As for sales- do people not buy multiple games at once? Do people not buy games later?

Fire Emblem's sales have ALWAYS been front loaded, meaning the overwhelming majority of lifetime sales happen during the first month, with insane drop off in sales afterwards.

16 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

I add a dash of realistic pessimism in a forum full of unreal optimism. Someone has to do it...

Except outside of this forum, the pessimism has already swallowed it whole.

There are already people throwing crap at people who preordered the Treasure Box edition. i.e. people like me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Except outside of this forum, the pessimism has already swallowed it whole.

There are already people throwing crap at people who preordered the Treasure Box edition. i.e. people like me.

So you're agreeing with me, then, that this game won't sell as well as many of us hope? 

There are just too many things against this game which a re keeping it from being a success. 

October 20th in NA as well? Ngh... rotten luck. I was hoping the NA release would be a little sooner. Can't throw us a bone, can they...? :squeezedtangerine:Well I suppose the Special Edition is a little bone. After Japan and Europe got an SE announced, I would certainly hope we in North America would get one too. So we've got two more months to go, then. I'll have to try very hard not to watch too much gameplay of the Japanese version after the next month.

No one in the current roster really stands out to me in terms of favorites. But that's ok. I always hold on to my hope for Zelgius, even if that chance is 0%. I even still hope for the Morgans. "But Baron, Morgan is pointless when Robin is already in." Yes, you're right. I know it's completely redundant. With that in mind, I thought perhaps they could be: 

1. A reverse Robin--as in, use a Sword; be it normal, Levin, or an unlockable selection of "ancient weapons" from Awakening (i.e. Alm's Blade, Seliph's Blade, Roy's Blade, etc.) (because for instance, Male Morgan's official artwork shows him holding Alm's Blade) for regular attacks and combos; while using tomes for Unrivaled Musou Attacks, other specials, and combo finishers. Or...
  2. Make Male Morgan a Sorcerer and Female Morgan a Wyvern Lord (with a lance instead of Hauteclere, especially if Minerva shows up), like in The Future Past DLC, for the sake of not being a Robin clone despite being their child. I would really prefer the first option, but I would be happy with the second one if they went with it.

It's sketchy and unlikely, but a man can dream. A man can hope. Buuuuut the hope discussion's already run it's course so I'll leave it at that.

8 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

At the same time, it's blowing up in other places. Again.

Their PR sucks. Like... really bad.

They shoot themselves in the foot time and again.

I have faith in their game... but man, they create expectation in the wrong direction. Just like what they promised when FE:If was announced way back when.

It doesn't matter what it actually is. But what it appears as and how the fandom will take it.

And right now, they're making it look like Marth is the only Shadow Dragon character.

They did what FFXIV 1.0 never did: Hang their defenders out to dry.

Too true. The dang irony, the game I've been most hyped for in a very, very long time has some horrible PR, and the complainers that have risen from it have made some of the worst comments I've ever skimmed through. The idiot ball is so colossal, it's horribly degrading to see. There's so many dimwitted people who still complain about the roster (naturally), say they refuse to buy the game because of it (understandable, but really irritating when you've heard it a thousand times) and some who even wish the series had died after Awakening. Hoo boy, that third bunch of people are the worst. They clearly aren't Fire Emblem fans and they're probably mean-spirited gamers in general. Utterly sickening, they are. I've never seen such ridiculous tomfoolery over a freaking game. Oh I'm sure there's been worse, you don't have to tell me that.

I know it's not all their fault, but I can only take so much tomfoolery before I blow my casket. So I take it upon myself to avoid comment sections about FEW aside from this here Forest until the game comes out. It's the only way I'll be able to preserve my sanity. And let's hope Zephiel never learns of all the bad people on our planet. He would hit the roof in utter disbelief that our world has even worse filthy humans than Elibe, then proceed to obliterate the whole planet with his war dragons.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

4 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

I predict this will be the worst selling First Party Switch game by a longshot. 

More like pessimistic poison. I don't see how you're contributing anything to this discussion.

Also I mean when all you have to compete with is Mario & Zelda of course it'll sell less. Considering the Switch has nothing else.

Edited by Jedi

The close release with Mario odyssey really doesn't sit will with me. You could argue the games are to different to be in direct competition but you could also argue Mario is such a giant title that it will naturally drain a lot of sales from whatever is foolish enough to release alongside it. 

25 characters has me wondering about the villains. Will the next batch of characters focus heavily on the villains or will they follow the idea Hyrule Warriors originally had by making them NPC's. 

3 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

A reverse Robin

we literally already have two robins and they didn't bother doing this for the second one

what makes you think they'd do it for the third and subsequent obligatory fourth

I'm so hyped for that Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition..I haven't missed one since Fates, including Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I'm already loving the music, just like in Hyrule Warriors, and I'm a bitch for artwork, be it posters, artbooks, or cards.

In regards to other conversational topics..

1] The poster looks incomplete, probably photoshoped to take off unannounced characters.

2] 25 would actually be a pretty large 1st game roster for just about any game..it fits their promise of being the largest 1st game spin-off/crossover Warriors title.

3] While you can all hope for Ike & Roy to be in the base game, please remember that it is unlikely still and don't bemoan it if they aren't there since you had ample time to accept the possibility. That said, if Ike, Roy, and Lyn aren't at least in the first round of DLC, I would be shocked.

Speaking of, I hope DLC characters are treated more equal in Fire Emblem Warriors then in Hyrule Warriors. I think DLC characters deserve Alternate Costumes and Colours like the rest of the cast (especially considering how many good options Ike, Roy, and Lyn have thanks to their base games, Awakening, Smash, and Heroes).

Edited by Deva Ashera

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

More like pessimistic poison. I don't see how you're contributing anything to this discussion.

Also I mean when all you have to compete with is Mario & Zelda of course it'll sell less. Considering the Switch has nothing else.

Alternatively, you could say that since all it has is these games, it might sell more.

8 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

I can't wait for Mario Odyssey to swallow this game whole.

What were they thinking?! FE Warriors stands no chance against Mario. 

Gives me Mario Galaxy/Radiant Dawn vibes.

They don't have overlapping audiences; RD was just incredibly niche. Galaxy didn't kill its sales; its lack of appeal did.
It's one of those fandom myths I'm tired of seeing (alongside the related "SD nearly killed the series"-- SD actually sold pretty well, with the Radiant games being the commercial failures).

I like this forum being non-trolly and reasonable; you'll find an echo chamber more suiting you in youtube comments. Plenty of people there are actively hoping the game fails.

Edited by The DanMan

If the roster will indeed consist of 25 characters, then I sure hope we get to see more Shadow Dragon guys soon, not to mention villains. Wouldn't we need at least one bad guy from every represented game? 

Also, where was this photoshopped poster I heard so much about?

57 minutes ago, Thane said:

If the roster will indeed consist of 25 characters, then I sure hope we get to see more Shadow Dragon guys soon, not to mention villains. Wouldn't we need at least one bad guy from every represented game? 

Also, where was this photoshopped poster I heard so much about?

Not necessarily, villains were included with other games due to the popularity of their villains, at least partially  (look at Ghirahim's popularity for instance in regards to how many wanted him in Smash).

Koei Tecmo also stated in a Hyrule Warriors interview that they hadn't originally intended Zant & Ghirahim to be playable but did due to interest in them (this is also why Cia, Volga, and Wizzro weren't initially playable until a patch added them). They also technically didn't have a villain for Ocarina of Time since Ganondorf sported a new OC design for the game more based on his Twilight Princess design and Demise from Skyward Sword.

In all honesty, I can't think of any villains from those three games that are all that popular as characters in their own right or that I'm just raring to play as..outside of maybe Aversa since I like her aesthetics..but even then there's a lot of other characters I'd rather play as from Awakening.

I think we may have more original villains and perhaps Grima since they could just use Robin's model and moveset for that role (heck, if they get separated during the story, they could play an imposter card like with imposter Lana and imposter Zelda in Hyrule Warriors using Grima) or have the big bad from Fates in a way controlling Takumi for a bit (or a reference to it through units like Takumi being controlled against their will akin to him and those in the Revelations path)

The poster in the Special Edition picture looks incomplete, like they photoshoped out unannounced characters in order to show it off and avoid a Robin/Lissa/Lucina accident like the Japanese Treasure Box Edition reveal.

6 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

While you can all hope for Ike & Roy to be in the base game, please remember that it is unlikely still and don't bemoan it if they aren't there since you had ample time to accept the possibility. That said, if Ike, Roy, and Lyn aren't at least in the first round of DLC, I would be shocked.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have hope, not expectations. You won't hear salt from me.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have hope, not expectations. You won't hear salt from me.

That's all I'd ask, I hate seeing people set themselves up for disappointment and then acting like they were denied a sure thing.

I do hope for a pleasant surprise, but currently my hopes are to see Lyn, Roy, and Ike as DLC shortly after launch. Provided Tharja is just left unrevealed and how likely Tiki is to be in (I love both so even just Young Tiki is fine), that only leaves Lyn, Eirika, and Nephenee out in regards to my favorites..and I suspect only Lyn will end up in this entry out of those three.

Edited by Deva Ashera

Keep in mind the Switch has very little in big titles right now. Regardless of the fact of it being released next to Odyssey, it will probably sell well due to being another Switch title, and it's also bringing something a bit different. You have an action adventure game in Zelda, a  competitive shooter in splatoon, racing with Mario Kart, - platformer with Odyssey, a fighter in Arms, and now a Hack and Slash action game with FE Warriors.

Edited by Tolvir

9 hours ago, Iridium said:

we literally already have two robins and they didn't bother doing this for the second one

what makes you think they'd do it for the third and subsequent obligatory fourth

I don't. I told you I knew it would be redundant. Did the second suggestion at least sound decent? I wanted to throw the ideas out there, even if they were redundant and have little chance of happening. Don't worry, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I know what I can expect from this trend of reveals. I'm hyping myself up for the game itself, not the roster within, even if said roster is not preferable to me. The mere existence of this game suffices.

And if there's still doubt on the possibilities, well let's be real. How many of you thought there was absolutely no way someone like Bayonetta would be added to Smash before she was revealed? Even with the ballot in mind? I was one of them. I thought, Pfff no, no way Nintendo would put a highly sexy, handgun-toting, F-bomb dropping lady in Smash Bros even if they tone her down. Lo and behold, Bayonetta is in Smash. Sakurai fed me my words with a spoon. If that's any indication, anything is possible.

20 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

And if there's still doubt on the possibilities, well let's be real. How many of you thought there was absolutely no way someone like Bayonetta would be added to Smash before she was revealed? Even with the ballot in mind? I was one of them. I thought, Pfff no, no way Nintendo would put a highly sexy, handgun-toting, F-bomb dropping lady in Smash Bros even if they tone her down. Lo and behold, Bayonetta is in Smash. Sakurai fed me my words with a spoon. If that's any indication, anything is possible.

A big wooden spoon that was just stirring a soup made from the tears of banjo and kazooie fans and krystal fans.

And on my opinions for the SE (because I have yet to mention that and want to stay on topic), I'm not interested, if we got the treasure box that would have been different, I feel more inclined to get a SE when I can't pirate everything in it, a real shame too as I was looking forward to having a new paperweight (let's face it that's like every SE).