• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mistook clap for im wearing a hat for a sec and when hoshi said "jigeum buteo" i thought the beat was gonna drop and they were gonna start screaming about how they were wearing a hat

i mistook clap for im wearing a hat for a sec and when hoshi said "jigeum buteo" i thought the beat was gonna drop and they were gonna start screaming about how they were wearing a hat

woozi's background vocals always sound amazing in seventeen ballads but especially vocal team songs and even more especially this song ;-; this honestly sounds like a vocaloid song more than a kpop song to me and that is very much a compliment

woozi's background vocals always sound amazing in seventeen ballads but especially vocal team songs and even more especially this song ;-; this honestly sounds like a vocaloid song more than a kpop song to me and that is very much a compliment

sigh i appreciate the8 having the opportunity to rap because he's shown that he's fairly competent in it during highlight but he's clearly still not confident in his korean and i don't like it. i am not faulting the8 for that obviously but rather whoever decided the parts?? i feel like that verse would have had a lot more power if it were executed by, say, s.coups (and i don't even like his voice)

flower is still great though

overall thoughts

Spoiler

1. gonna be honest: i was bracing myself after the disappointment that was don't wanna cry and the rest of al1 lol. it was a great song, don't get me wrong, but it felt generic and imo did not embody the freshness of seventeen and what makes them unique—it was generic in concept and sound, like honestly every kpop group out there is doing those kinds of beat drops rn. add that to the dark teaser photos (i like cute concepts!!) and the lackluster highlight medley and i was already preparing myself to be let down but oh my gosh, seventeen totally proved my suspicions wrong. this album was amazing—not as wonderful as love&letter and its repackage imo, but still spectacular in its own right, especially with the clear growth between the two. i guess i'm not unstanning these bozos any time soon, in fact i don't think it'd be a stretch to say that, if joshua had not made me stan seventeen and suddenly change my opinion on their entire discography a year ago, this would have been the album to make me stan

2. there really is not a single filler on the album! the closest i would say is hello, but it is still very fleshed out and full of life and personality. tbh kpop albums are often guilty of filler tracks but honestly HONESTLY teen,age was all content

3. im gonna drop the individual-joshua-stan façade for a second. the screentime distribution in the mv was really unfair?? like honestly jeonghan got so much screentime and dk got next to none : ( i know it's hard to divide that up when they have thirteen members but the mv was unfair to both dk and seungkwan imo and normally i don't care as long as joshua is there

4. probably my personal ranking for now:

- im wearing a hat

- campfire

- pinwheel

- clap

- flower

- rocket

- lilili yabbay

- bring it

- hello

- others