Navarre was seen in a cutscene, behind Marth.

Dragonage2ftw

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Can we get Ogma and Phina too? Oh wait, they use swords. Well a dancer doesn't need to use swords when these game developers had dancer characters use whips and fans in other games.

but Ogma would make for our first Merc class.

Honestly, having an over abundance of swords wouldn't be as much a problem if it were more spread across a variety of classes, but as it is now, 6/9 of them are from the Lord class, alone. (Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Rowan, Lianna & now Lyn, of the officially confirmed) Corrin gets a pass for their class being unique, however.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

He's one of the biggest FE trolls on gamefaqs who's trying to argue the CE leak isn't real (and that the Lyn sprite is still from DA and just happens to look identical).
It's not worth arguing with him.

I'm aware. It's just obnoxious and I fall easily to their traps, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

He's one of the biggest FE trolls on gamefaqs who's trying to argue the CE leak isn't real (and that the Lyn sprite is still from DA and just happens to look identical).
It's not worth arguing with him.

Bruh.

I'm not a troll, and I've admitted that I was probably mistaken about the sprite thing.

Could you please dial it back a bit?

Can we stop talking about the leak as a whole at this point? Neither side was wrong, at all.

Leaks more often than not are fake. For every real one you get, you have another 10 that are fake. No matter how credible it seems, its typically the right course of action to doubt it until proven otherwise.

At the same time, there was nothing exact that was showing this leak to be fake, outside of some quotes from the devs in interviews. So taking the leak as true wasnt entirely the worst course of action either.

This isnt a one side was right, one side was wrong scenario. Its a leak. Ive seen incredibly well crafted leaks that seemed to come from the source itself become false, ive seen leaks where even though it seemed fake as all hell, it became real. Anything was possible here.

7 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Bruh.

I'm not a troll, and I've admitted that I was probably mistaken about the sprite thing.

Could you please dial it back a bit?

You've expressed opinions in favor of Awakening and Fates and against other games various times with wording in a blatant fashion like they were unanimously "right" opinions and have made trollish topic tags in the past along the lines of "Valentia sucks" and "no Roy". Not exactly helping your case.

Regarding the box leak, is it possible even that has photoshopped some characters out and that we've yet to see the final roster, going back to the Navarre thing?

Edited by NoirCore

14 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You've expressed opinions in favor of Awakening and Fates and against other games various times with wording in a blatant fashion like they were unanimously "right" opinions and have made trollish topic tags in the past along the lines of "Valentia sucks" and "no Roy". Not exactly helping your case.

Regarding the box leak, is it possible even that has photoshopped some characters out and that we've yet to see the final roster, going back to the Navarre thing?

The box would start getting pretty cluttered, its cluttered enough as is. I think not every character will be on the box, especially if we are looking at a roster of 30 or above. Could you imagine 40 character sprites on a box? It would look terrible.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

The box would start getting pretty cluttered, its cluttered enough as is. I think not every character will be on the box, especially if we are looking at a roster of 30 or above. Could you imagine 40 character sprites on a box? It would look terrible.

You also have to remember the possibility that they'll exclude secret playable characters from the box as well.

And if anyone would make sense as a secret character with some possible story relevance, Navarre could definitely fit the bill. He starts as an enemy character, has interactions with multiple people more connected to the plot of SD, and he's pretty popular without being immensely so. I'd almost be quicker to believe that Azura won't be in at all now (at least for the base game), since she seems too popular and important to be a secret and/or unadvertised character.

13 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

But how exactly would whips and fans fit into the whole thing?

They will be outside the weapon triangle, like bows and knives.

If you're referring to movesets, here's a few videos that would fit a dancer:

Spoiler

Whip:

Fans:

Sash:

9 hours ago, Motendra said:

but Ogma would make for our first Merc class.

Honestly, having an over abundance of swords wouldn't be as much a problem if it were more spread across a variety of classes, but as it is now, 6/9 of them are from the Lord class, alone. (Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Rowan, Lianna & now Lyn, of the officially confirmed) Corrin gets a pass for their class being unique, however.

Yeah. Being a mercenary, they could definitely create a more unique moveset. Maybe something like a sword and shield combo? It'd probably be more of a variety than say, Lucina's moveset, who appears to be a combo of Chrom and Marth.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

And if anyone would make sense as a secret character with some possible story relevance, Navarre could definitely fit the bill. He starts as an enemy character, has interactions with multiple people more connected to the plot of SD, and he's pretty popular without being immensely so. I'd almost be quicker to believe that Azura won't be in at all now (at least for the base game), since she seems too popular and important to be a secret and/or unadvertised character.

They could easily keep her a secret. I dont think that is as big of an indicator to be honest. They did say we are supposed to get more lance users, and also an armor. Who knows. I really cant see Azura being absent considering Fates inclusion. She was literally the first character we saw from Fates, and is the 2nd most important character outside of Corrin to the story of Fates.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

They could easily keep her a secret. I dont think that is as big of an indicator to be honest. They did say we are supposed to get more lance users, and also an armor. Who knows. I really cant see Azura being absent considering Fates inclusion. She was literally the first character we saw from Fates, and is the 2nd most important character outside of Corrin to the story of Fates.

I guess the main thing I find odd about Azura being secret is that she was so heavily advertised as a main character in Fates. Most of the other characters that I would consider to be important in Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates are at least present on the leaked boxart, while Azura is nowhere to be found. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she is a secret character, but that's because I think she's too important to leave out entirely. The most likely thing at this point to me would be if they give her a Valla-focused role, which would somewhat justify her not being advertised or available early on.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Whip:

Fans:

Sash:

Yeah. Being a mercenary, they could definitely create a more unique moveset. Maybe something like a sword and shield combo? It'd probably be more of a variety than say, Lucina's moveset, who appears to be a combo of Chrom and Marth.

I'd imagine someone like Ogma being a great sword like style that creates shockwaves and craters. 

Edited by Jedi

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'd imagine someone like Ogma being a great sword like style that creates shockwaves and craters. 

That works too. Probably works better as well. All these sword users, but none using a great sword. That weapon type isn't a stranger to Warriors games either, so they definitely could just reuse a DW moveset.

Great... so now another character from the leaked box (Caeda) gets leaked in an official trailer right after that rant I made. Way to make me look like an even bigger fool, NoE. -_- At least accidental leaks like this don't usually result in real vs fake debates.

I will remain skeptical, since I'm not one to jump to conclusions. This leaked box has sprites of the playable characters. But stupid as this may sound, perhaps it doesn't necessarily entail playability for every single one, as could be the case with Anna. There could simply be side missions where you have to protect a merchant Anna from enemies, much like optional skirmishes in Awakening, and she uses a bow to defend herself. This is a big stretch though. Her sprite on the box is blue like the others. Tbh I would still bank on her being playable, probably unlockable by doing enough aforementioned side missions to protect her.

We don't have long to wait before TGS next Thrusday through Saturday, when this should all finally be sorted out. I'd be surprised if we got any more reveals prior.

On a random note:

100th POST!!! Only took me 3 bloody years. ':D

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade
"Another character from the leaked box" was supposed to refer to Caeda. Noted.

1 minute ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Great... so now another character from the leaked box gets leaked in an official trailer right after that rant I made. Way to make me look like an even bigger fool, NoE. -_- At least accidental leaks like this don't usually result in real vs fake debates.

I will remain skeptical, since I'm not one to jump to conclusions. This leaked box has sprites of the playable characters. But stupid as this may sound, perhaps it doesn't necessarily entail playability for every single one, as could be the case with Anna. There could simply be side missions where you have to protect a merchant Anna from enemies, much like optional skirmishes in Awakening, and she uses a bow to defend herself. This is a big stretch though. Her sprite on the box is blue like the others. Tbh I would still bank on her being playable, probably unlockable by doing enough aforementioned side missions to protect her.

We don't have long to wait before TGS next Thrusday through Saturday, when this should all finally be sorted out. I'd be surprised if we got any more reveals prior.

On a random note:

100th POST!!! Only took me 3 bloody years. ':D

Uh, Navarre wasn't on the leaked box.

Expected, yes, but a leak is still a leak. I should probably share my thoughts on Navarre though. Initially I was one of those guys who thought it was just Marth's cape, but when you carefully watch the camera swivel in that scene, you can tell that someone is indeed behind Marth.

If nothing else, at least we know Marth isn't alone on the SD front after all. I eagerly await for the official reveal and gameplay for young Tiki.

52 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Expected, yes, but a leak is still a leak. I should probably share my thoughts on Navarre though. Initially I was one of those guys who thought it was just Marth's cape, but when you carefully watch the camera swivel in that scene, you can tell that someone is indeed behind Marth.

If nothing else, at least we know Marth isn't alone on the SD front after all. I eagerly await for the official reveal and gameplay for young Tiki.

You can also see a black strip just to the side of the red cloth, which is Navarre's sleeves, as well as long brown strands, being his hair.

I'm just really excited about Navarre and Caeda, but I still can't believe that NoE slipped up this badly. It came at an amazing time though.