Cipher Livestream in 5 minutes; Warriors will be showcased [Over]

RotomGuy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Warriors segment is over, there wasn't really anything worth mentioning except showing Validar's intro.

It also showed that you can give commands before the battle starts, like the Empires Warriors games.

19 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Seems like there was no announcement after all, just in-game footage of Sakura and Validar. Apologies for getting hopes up.

Is the footage going to be uploaded elsewhere or viewable in some other way? I just really want to see Sakura...

I can't help but find it funny how people seem to get booted out for being a free member, considering how I'm a free member who only ever made one for this sole purpose and never touch it afterwards, yet its never happened to me once

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It also showed that you can give commands before the battle starts, like the Empires Warriors games.

It also showed that Sakura shares multiple charge attacks with Takumi, making her the cloniest character on the roster (they've either had the same normal string but different charge attacks or the same first few normal attacks/charges but different ones later).

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It also showed that Sakura shares multiple charge attacks with Takumi, making her the cloniest character on the roster (they've either had the same normal string but different charge attacks or the same first few normal attacks/charges but different ones later).

Has Elise's gameplay been shown in detail? Otherwise I wouldn't be so fast to call Sakura the "cloniest" (not to mention we haven't seen how different Navarre and Lyn will be from Ryouma). Still that's very disappointing to here, but I will reserve my judgement until I actually get to see the gameplay myself.

Edited by Nanima

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Has Elise's gameplay been shown in detail? Otherwise I wouldn't be so fast to call Sakura the "cloniest". Still that's very disappointing to here, but I will reserve my judgement until I actually get to see the gameplay myself.

Elise got her own trailer where we at least saw a few different charges. We've seen several of Leo's as well, and both of them look pretty different in that department.

What's worth noting is that in the gameplay trailers Koei uploaded, we already saw more cloned moves from Sakura-- you'd think if that was the case with both her and Elise, they'd try to hide them.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Elise got her own trailer where we at least saw a few different charges. We've seen several of Leo's as well, and both of them look pretty different in that department.

What's worth noting is that in the gameplay trailers Koei uploaded, we already saw more cloned moves from Sakura-- you'd think if they were on both her and Elise, they'd try to hide them.

Well, so that's it... Elise is a Nohrian character and more popular, so she got more attention.. I mean they already released her trailer over a week ahead of the Famitsu announcement. Meanwhile, Sakura was stuffed in with all the other trailers and is now revealed to be essentially a fancy archer skin. They clearly didn't care.

I will still use both her and Takumi as my mains though, just watch me.

14 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I can't help but find it funny how people seem to get booted out for being a free member, considering how I'm a free member who only ever made one for this sole purpose and never touch it afterwards, yet its never happened to me once

Did you enter near the beginning? I think you only get booted out if you're near the end of the queue and it's busy.

I dd enter near the beginning, but I slept my laptop mid-way through, so maybe that's why I got booted. Usually I don't have any problems with Cipher livestreams.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Well, so that's it... Elise is a Nohrian character and more popular, so she got more attention.. I mean they already released her trailer over a week ahead of the Famitsu announcement. Meanwhile, Sakura was stuffed in with all the other trailers and is now revealed to be essentially a fancy archer skin. They clearly didn't care.

I will still use both her and Takumi as my mains though, just watch me.

She does have some different charges and unique musous; she's just closer to a full clone than the rest (who are all firmly in semi-clone territory). 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

She does have some different charges and unique musous; she's just closer to a full clone than the rest (who are all firmly in semi-clone territory). 

Which is still bullshit treatment when you look at it. They could have easily had her movement be more grounded and more in line with the priestess class. It honestly feels like Elise was the real bringer here and Sakura was only brought in for obligation and done in an afternoon. Sorry, but this news has made me really bitter.

Well, I hope Celica wasnt included just because the producer likes her. Im not big on a developers original vision for a game being disrupted because someone up above wanted things to appeal to them. That is never really a good thing. I excused IS on it because they are the ones who have been running FE for years, so giving Koei some insight as to who would be better isnt exactly a bad thing. But a producer requesting a character to be in just because they like them is.

I just hope no one got sacrificed for it.

I need to see this gameplay for myself. I think I joined the stream just as it ended which is troll. 

We've only seen one combo from Elise which was the one charge attack that uses mjolnir. She could still be super similar to Leo.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well, I hope Celica wasnt included just because the producer likes her. Im not big on a developers original vision for a game being disrupted because someone up above wanted things to appeal to them. That is never really a good thing. I excused IS on it because they are the ones who have been running FE for years, so giving Koei some insight as to who would be better isnt exactly a bad thing. But a producer requesting a character to be in just because they like them is.

I just hope no one got sacrificed for it.

Hm... Then I'd say that she's probably like Lyn: A character who got worked on late in development. Due to that, I would not expect to see her in Story Mode.

EDIT: All right. The livestream is now up. Warriors starts at around 1 hour 20 min in: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv305186775

Edited by Folt

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Hm... Then I'd say that she's probably like Lyn: A character who got worked on late in development. Due to that, I would not expect to see her in Story Mode.

We don't know for a fact Lyn was a late addition; we just know that IS was surprised by her popularity in the CYL poll and are somewhat aware of the backlash against FEW's roster.

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Which is still bullshit treatment when you look at it. They could have easily had her movement be more grounded and more in line with the priestess class. It honestly feels like Elise was the real bringer here and Sakura was only brought in for obligation and done in an afternoon. Sorry, but this news has made me really bitter.

I'm not disagreeing, but she's more than a "glorified skin".

10 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I need to see this gameplay for myself. I think I joined the stream just as it ended which is troll. 

We've only seen one combo from Elise which was the one charge attack that uses mjolnir. She could still be super similar to Leo.

Yeah I agree with this, if Sakura ended up being super similar to Takumi then I don't see why Elise wouldn't be similar to Leo. We haven't seen either Elise or Leo's full combos and moves so I'm going to reserve judgment until release/new gameplay videos of them. 

It's still a bit of a shame because I feel like they could have done more to differentiate them, and I agree with @Nanima that they could have used more of the priestess animations for Sakura (which I really love so I'm going to be a bit upset if they don't have something). Then again I thought I remember reading that promotion gives access to new combos (?) so maybe both Sakura and Elise will be a bit more unique when they promote. 

Edited by Torii

Just now, The DanMan said:

We don't know for a fact Lyn was a late addition; we just know that IS was surprised by her popularity in the CYL poll and are somewhat aware of the backlash against FEW's roster.

Maybe not, but I think she is. The fact that she's a character outside of the focus group is already suspicious, and we have no segments of her that suggests she's going to be in the story... or that she'll get a focus scenario in History Mode either for that matter.

Also, as a side note, Cordelia appeared to use wind in one of her charge attacks. That actually seems to set her and Hinoka further apart from each other since Hinoka is extremely light-focused in her charge attacks.

Unfortunately Sakura looks to be a straight clone of Takumi. I'm assuming that all clones are going to be treated similarly. 

I guess we know what the developers were talking about when they said similar characters have different standing animations. The idle animations of Takumi and Sakura are different.

Edited by Namarid

Looks like I'll be beating this game with two nearly identical archers then (as well as their big siblings and some Archanean characters here and there). It's challenge time.

Edited by Nanima

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Looks like I'll be beating this game with two nearly identical archers then (as well as their big siblings and some Archanean characters here and there). It's challenge time.

I wish you luck. Robin and Lissa will be permo stays for me. I'll alternate with the other slots.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Has Elise's gameplay been shown in detail? Otherwise I wouldn't be so fast to call Sakura the "cloniest" (not to mention we haven't seen how different Navarre and Lyn will be from Ryouma). Still that's very disappointing to here, but I will reserve my judgement until I actually get to see the gameplay myself.

Well saw little bit of Lyn (and it's nothing like Ryouma). I can easily imagine Navarre and Lyn be practically same though.