Anna Trailer

Reese Balaski

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Except you're putting words in mouth & have done nothing proving otherwise. You're getting offended because over a character that has been always been one noted (which isn't a bad thing but apparently need hidden depth these days) & need to make a claim there's a world difference the old & new. And you still haven't provide any evidence that there is other than Jake & Anna being a couple which can just as applies to Awakening's Anna. But whatever

& That sucks. It's unfair but taking out on the 3DS era isn't doing anything end of the day.

I already linked to the post where you made directly false statements.

Want me to link you to the script. 

Original Anna was a recurrent character, wasn't interested in money, wanted world travel, was sugary with Jake, and had a normal life. But of course you claim she had no personality.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

& That sucks. It's unfair but taking out on the 3DS era isn't doing anything end of the day.

This is exactly what I mean about the persecution complex.

Saying they shouldn't sweep the original Anna and Jake under the rug is not attacking the 3DS era as a whole.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

5 hours ago, Florete said:

"She's just an NPC," they said. "She won't be playable." Few put her on their predictions lists.

But I knew. Oh, I knew. And now, here we are. That's right. So to all the naysayers, I don't usually do this, but I told you so!

I may have a list of problems with the game, but this makes them all worth it.

If a character has a name they WILL be playable in these types of games (well highly likely anyway). I was figuring Anna would be playable and thought she looked similar to her Fates' design. I love the part when all of Anna's sisters are chasing her that was too funny.

... *facepalms* Okay everyone, while these two continue to argue, let's talk about how Anna's gameplay looks. BTW, did anyone notice how when she was walking into the battlefield, one of the arrows that was about to hit her suddenly got blocked by some magical wall? 

10 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

They did sell well and they deserve representation in Warriors.

I think the issue everyone has is that the roster is ludicrously unbalanced against Shadow Dragon, which appears to be a rather unwise decision.

I agree, 3-5 reps compared to 8-10ish for the other games. I understand that it should be fair. I even had the idea they could include Hardin, Jeorge, Midia, and Astram in it as surprise characters way back, but they didn't do that as those aren't recognizable when compared to Marth or Caeda or Tiki. Heck we don't even know if Navarre and Gharnef are playable yet. I don't know about FE1/3, but I thought Shadow Dragon didn't sell well in the west and hence we never got New Mystery? Either way most of the Shadow Dragon cast is obscure to most fans besides the starting crew, but they got dropped to include more known characters from the recent games which overall did sell better then this one. It is unfair but IS is basically thinking with their wallets needing to be filled for this game, lets just be thankful it's just a warriors game, it could be better, but it's not the central focus of the entire series.

@omegaxis1, I'll have to rewatch that, as I thought all the arrows missed her due to her head slightly dodging.

editing a quote in is hard so this is the best I could do

Edited by LucarioGamer812

Just now, LucarioGamer812 said:

I don't know about FE1/3, but I thought Shadow Dragon didn't sell well in the west and hence we never got New Mystery? Either way most of the Shadow Dragon cast is obscure to most fans besides the starting crew, but they got dropped to include more known characters from the recent games which overall did sell better then this one. It is unfair but IS is basically thinking with their wallets needing to be filled for this game, lets just be thankful it's just a warriors game, it could be better, but it's not the central focus of the entire series.

Shadow Dragon had decent overseas sales, particularly for the cost.

New Mystery didn't get here mainly because the 3DS on its way and Nintendo was losing focus on the DS. As it was a text heavy game, NOA didn't see the need to go through the effort of translating it.

Personally I think greedy Anna is a tamer version of Nabiki Tendo from Ranma 1/2- 

Anna can be funny in short bursts, but I think she's limited by the fact that Fire Emblem has to kid friendly.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

... *facepalms* Okay everyone, while these two continue to argue, let's talk about how Anna's gameplay looks. BTW, did anyone notice how when she was walking into the battlefield, one of the arrows that was about to hit her suddenly got blocked by some magical wall? 

I thought she just casually dodged the arrow. Basically showing off how much a badass she is that she can dodge attacks without paying attention. lol

7 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

Jesus. Even this thread has retards that get mad over a video game in it.

Anna looks fun btw.

What else do you expect from the FE community?

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I already linked to the post where you made directly false statements.

Want me to link you to the script. 

Original Anna was a recurrent character, wasn't interested in money, wanted world travel, was sugary with Jake, and had a normal life. But of course you claim she had no personality.

Still didn't link any evidence, but hey you wanna still continue this argument by all means. Just know that I'm going to take you down with me when someone report the both of us.

4 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

@omegaxis1, I'll have to rewatch that, as I thought all the arrows missed her due to her head slightly dodging.

editing a quote in is hard so this is the best I could do

Just now, wissenschaft said:

I thought she just casually dodged the arrow. Basically showing off how much a badass she is that she can dodge attacks without paying attention. lol

The attacks were missing her, but one particular arrow flew straight at her, but then some force blocked it and there was a rippling effect.

40 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Well if you go by the opinion of veteran FE fans, you'd think the 3DS games were massive flops. I'll wait and see what the sell figures are.

I mean, there are a substantial number of 'veteran FE fans'. I mean, it's thanks to the 'veterans' that Lyndis sat on Lucina's face during the gauntlet (who is the '3DS era' poster child). Ike would've done the same, too. 

With that said, I hate labelling this divide even though it exists. I do think IS will keep moving forward in an attempt to please both sides, and if not, at least release a mix of games since the huge 'newer style' games definitely allow for them to have 'lesser' games such as the Gaiden remake. 

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, there are a substantial number of 'veteran FE fans'. I mean, it's thanks to the 'veterans' that Lyndis sat on Lucina's face during the gauntlet (who is the '3DS era' poster child). Ike would've done the same, too. 

With that said, I hate labelling this divide even though it exists. I do think IS will keep moving forward in an attempt to please both sides, and if not, at least release a mix of games since the huge 'newer style' games definitely allow for them to have 'lesser' games such as the Gaiden remake. 

There are debates over that. Remember that there was also Chrom and Tharja in the mix. So Awakening fans would have been divided into 3. If Lucina was the only one there, the fight against Lyn might have been different. 

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Still didn't link any evidence, but hey you wanna still continue this argument by all means. Just know that I'm going to take you down with me when someone report the both of us.

Here you go.

Your comment was

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Except there's no proof on that & it contradict the timeline if Genealogy really is a part of the same timeline considering Genealogy implies it takes millennia ago from the Archanea Saga.

So yeah, you don't know anything about those games anyhow, so don't make silly assumptions.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

There are debates over that. Remember that there was also Chrom and Tharja in the mix. So Awakening fans would have been divided into 3. If Lucina was the only one there, the fight against Lyn might have been different. 

*Is an Awakening Fan, supported Lyn until Camilla, then became part of Ike*

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I'm hard-pressed believing that the divide between Chrom, Tharja and Lucina had a significant impact in the match between Lucina and Lyn. The results of the voting gauntlet where highly correlated with the outcome of the CYL voting poll.

In a similar vein, Lyn was competing for voters between Ike, Hector and Roy. Whilst Tharja is immensely popular, compared to the series staples it's pretty clear her and Camilla don't have a strong standing against the likes of Lyn, Lucina, Hector, Ike, Roy, etc. 

3 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

*Is an Awakening Fan, supported Lyn until Camilla, then became part of Ike*

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'm hard-pressed believing that the divide between Chrom, Tharja and Lucina had a significant impact in the match between Lucina and Lyn. The results of the voting gauntlet where highly correlated with the outcome of the CYL voting poll.

In a similar vein, Lyn was competing for voters between Ike, Hector and Roy. Whilst Tharja is immensely popular, compared to the series staples it's pretty clear her and Camilla don't have a strong standing against the likes of Lyn, Lucina, Hector, Ike, Roy, etc. 

Like I said, might. I didn't say it was guaranteed that Lucina would win if Lucina had been the only Awakening character there. Just saying the results might have been different. No one would know if that's true or not, because in the end, this is just a what if scenario.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Here you go.

Your comment was

So yeah, you don't know anything about those games anyhow, so don't make silly assumptions.

Wow, they made all difference in contradicting itself, way to go there. Apparently it's more important to you for the game to have a continuity snarl.

There is a major difference between old and new Anna.

Old Anna had a boyfriend, Jake. New Anna doesn't have a boyfriend.

Old Anna ran the secret shop, and there was only one Anna. New Anna has multiple identical sisters who spawn everywhere.

Awakening is just...a hot pot. There's a bit of everything, and unfortunately, there are several old characters who should be there, but they aren't, being Jake, Xane, Bantu and possibly Nagi.

Both Anna incarnations have a personality, so don't say that they don't.

Anna looks great, still a pity that Jake didn't get a cameo, but yeah.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Like I said, might. I didn't say it was guaranteed that Lucina would win if Lucina had been the only Awakening character there. Just saying the results might have been different. No one would know if that's true or not, because in the end, this is just a what if scenario.

I agree it's impossible to say with certainty, however you can look at statistics and previous experiences to predict the likelihood of this occurring. In this case, the best frame of reference is the CYL poll. 

Regardless, we've seen cases of characters who shouldn't have won their gauntlet matches (Chrom vs. Ephraim, Minerva vs. Cordelia, Priscilla vs. Lissa), where 'veteran' fans actually got those characters to win their respected matches. 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Regardless, we've seen cases of characters who shouldn't have won their gauntlet matches (Chrom vs. Ephraim, Minerva vs. Cordelia, Priscilla vs. Lissa), where 'veteran' fans actually got those characters to win their respected matches. 

Minerva went against Tsubaki not Cordelia. But given the way Fate goes I guess it's easy to mix the 2 up these days.

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I agree it's impossible to say with certainty, however you can look at statistics and previous experiences to predict the likelihood of this occurring. In this case, the best frame of reference is the CYL poll. 

Maybe. Who knows. Maybe we'll get another Lyn vs Lucina in the future, or maybe not. It all depends on who IS feels like putting in on the Gauntlet. 

Honestly, the fight with Chrom and Ephraim was very close, the closest legit match ever. Nowadays, the Gauntlet gets complained at where the 3x multiplier ruins things and so on. Also, when it came down to the final match in those cases, veteran fans generally were extremely outmatched. So that's not to say that what you're saying is the complete truth. 

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Minerva went against Tsubaki not Cordelia. But given the way Fate goes I guess it's easy to mix the 2 up these days.

Huh, I actually mixed them up. Pretty laughable! Although to be fair, Minerva did accumulate more total votes than Cordelia on both rounds of the voting gauntlet - however it is also worth mentioning that this was probably due to the fact Cordelia was predicted to versus Camilla and people would've joined Camilla for the free feathers. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Maybe. Who knows. Maybe we'll get another Lyn vs Lucina in the future, or maybe not. It all depends on who IS feels like putting in on the Gauntlet. 

Honestly, the fight with Chrom and Ephraim was very close, the closest legit match ever. Nowadays, the Gauntlet gets complained at where the 3x multiplier ruins things and so on. Also, when it came down to the final match in those cases, veteran fans generally were extremely outmatched. So that's not to say that what you're saying is the complete truth. 

Ultimately winning both the CYL poll and the voting gauntlet in-game shows a pretty consistent history for the outcome of this match though. I'm only mentioning this as, though your theory may be possible, I don't think it's plausible considering historical trends. 

In retrospect however, it does actually seem like there's a substantial difference between the CYL poll and voting gauntlet results. So I would like to retract that claim.

The original poll had:

1. Lyn
  2. Lucina
  3. Ike
  4. Tharja
  5. Roy
  6. Hector
  7. Camilla
  8. Chrom

The voting gauntlet first rounded suggested:

1. Lyn
  2. Ike
  3. Lucina 
  4. Roy
  5. Hector
  6. Chrom
  7. Camilla
  8. Tharja

I'm not sure if this variance is due to the 'comeback mechanic' or that the voting options was more controlled (voting between only eight characters vs. the entire Fire Emblem cast). 

Edited by SlipperySlippy

21 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Huh, I actually mixed them up. Pretty laughable! Although to be fair, Minerva did accumulate more total votes than Cordelia on both rounds of the voting gauntlet - however it is also worth mentioning that this was probably due to the fact Cordelia was predicted to versus Camilla and people would've joined Camilla for the free feathers.

Did not know that, I'm glad Heroes play a part of making her more recognizable. Wish I can say that Warriors could do the same.

39 minutes ago, Lau said:

Awakening is just...a hot pot. There's a bit of everything, and unfortunately, there are several old characters who should be there, but they aren't, being Jake, Xane, Bantu and possibly Nagi.

Bantu at least got a shout out and is... hanging out in hot springs or some shit while the world goes to hell?

Jake can't exist because then Anna can't be a waifu.

Xane and Nagi don't really have a reason for not being at least mentioned like Bantu in Awakening(If they were mentioned, I don't remember at all). Did all the dragons aside from him fuck off? I guess Nagi not showing up at least coincides with her Mystery ending. But Bantu also disappeared after Mystery. So I don't know.

Anyway. Maybe once Fire Emblem becomes a more... well-known franchise, it will start getting better representation across all titles, but the "Fates and Awakening sold more, so obviously they should get the most representation" is a headache of an argument. Fire Emblem has the second most representation in Smash Bros after Mario(8 characters for Mario. 11 if you want to roll in Wario, DK and Diddy as being "extended" Mario characters vs. Fire Emblem's 6). Fire Emblem is tied with POKEMON for representation. If the "X sold better than Y, so there should be more X than Y" logic was expanded to NINTENDO AS A WHOLE, Fire Emblem would have even less characters than Star Fox. Animal Crossing should have three times more representation than Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem would be roughly tied with ANOTHER IS franchise in Smash. WarioWare. As much as I'd love to see Ashley tear shit up, I think the notion of WW having as many or more characters than Fire Emblem would probably bother fans of Fire Emblem.

Even outside of Nintendo, this isn't a problem. The kings and queens of pandering, Square-Enix, are pretty good at giving equal representation to all of their games when they make crossover games. FF5 is usually given as much love as FF7, 8, 10 or 13, despite literally selling like, 1/10 of any of those games. Because Square's crossover games ACTUALLY feel like a celebration of the whole series. Kingdom Hearts is kind of the exception here, but I'd rather not touch that one with a 10-foot pole.

TL;DR: The "Well of course they'd use Awakening/Fates Anna, nobody bought any of the other games with old Anna in them" argument gives me an aneurysm.

Edited by Slumber

@lack of Jake in the ballista special. 

Far easier to just reuse the same model for the attack instead of creating a new one for the sole purpose of one single special, especially when it can be used in combination with another unit's special for a Pair Up attack.