Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

To add onto what Jedi said, this is sort of like comparing apples to oranges... in a world where apples are more a staple than oranges.  They're two very different games; the Mario game is a 3D platformer that is a mainline entry in the franchise, while FEW is a spin-off hack and slash meant mostly for the more dedicated fans and Musou players, both of whom will probably get the game no matter what.

It'll take away from more casual fans for sure, but considering the market, that's just a small margin of the audience they're going for.

Finally, someone who actually thinks rationally about this subject.

FEW and Odyssey are such different games. I highly doubt there is a significant number of people who will be dissuaded from FEW because of Odyssey.

I think what will really matter for how well the game does and for our chances of a sequel is how the DLC sells. If the actual number of copies of the game sold is mediocre but the majority of those buyers get the season pass, it will probably be considered enough of a success to warrant a sequel. Fire Emblem is certainly bigger than it once was, but I think it's become clear that its fanbase on average is more dedicated and willing to throw money at it than stuff like Mario and Pokemon.

I'll just go ahead and throw out my DLC hopes too~

Azura: Water-bending dancer with a lance practically makes it's own unique moveset. Still hurt she's not in the base game.

Felicia: Knives are sadly missing from the base game and with her ice magic she can really have some dynamic special attacks.

Keaton: Non-Manakete transformer with the potential for a more vicious moveset.

Silas: Ah, the cavalier husband. Mounted lance user with potential for specials where he summons knights similar to Cordelia's specials. Not likely to have the most wow moveset but a class missing from the game none the less.

Reina: Not only would the Kinshi Knight mount look gorgeous in this game, Reina would also add a flying bow moveset.

Olivia: Another sword character but with her dancer motif she could really bring a flowy Diao-Chan like moveset to the game complete with flower petals and acrobatics to separate her from the other sword wielders. In fact, she could simply use her spiky ring thingies around her wrists as weapons to be completely unique.

Tharja: We desperately need more mages and Tharja has great Dark Mage potential.

Adult Tiki: I'm not fond of how they handled young Tiki's animations. Using the dragonstone as a actual weapon was a genius move but I think adult Tiki with more graceful moves overall would be much less jarring to me.

Linde: The only SD character I know that's not already in Warriors thanks to Heroes. Could easily bring a Micaiah-like Light Mage moveset with Aura being the base of many of her attack effects.

Yeah i'd rather wait till the first week myself.

Although on a side note I am glad to see Cold Steel III is doing well.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought the NPCs had generic movesets?

Navarre has the same dual wielding sword stuff Lyn does from what i've seen,

Oboro has her own moveset considering there aren't any other unmounted lancers.

50% are generic.

Edited by Jedi

39 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Navarre has the same dual wielding sword stuff Lyn does from what i've seen, Oboro has her own moveset considering there aren't any other unmounted lancers. 

50% are generic.

Oboro is in this game huh? probably should of stopped myself from reading in this forum for any potential NPC spoilers XD oh well.

Waiting so long to not spoil myself on this game and be hyped at the same time is really really hard. why does it have to be a month away? XD

1 minute ago, Thany said:

probably should of stopped myself from reading in this forum for any potential NPC spoilers XD oh well.

Waiting so long to not spoil myself on this game and be hyped at the same time is really really hard. why does it have to be a month away? XD

Oh shoot, sorry... Fixing.

Edited by Jedi

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

It probably will, in the West anyways, I think the sales in Japan are much more prevalent here considering the game was mostly marketed to them, it might be a sleeper hit for all we know considering there isn't really any other Musou styled games on the Switch besides Fate/Extella and I heard that was a mediocre port.

It's not. I have played it for around 40 hours, going by my profile, and I can assure you it's a good port. Lots of enemies on the screen, locked 30fps (except during My Room scenes involving baths, for some reason), has every DLC from the Vita/PS4 versions (tho the only DLC was costumes), and has 2 (IIRC) exclusive costumes. The graphics are serviceable, since in the end it's still a souped up Vita game.

Edited by Escalario

12 hours ago, Escalario said:

It's not. I have played it for around 40 hours, going by my profile, and I can assure you it's a good port. Lots of enemies on the screen, locked 30fps (except during My Room scenes involving baths, for some reason), has every DLC from the Vita/PS4 versions (tho the only DLC was costumes), and has 2 (IIRC) exclusive costumes. The graphics are serviceable, since in the end it's still a souped up Vita game.

I must have had a faulty source then, thank you for the correction.

With the exception of possible Cordelia (nothing against her of course), I agree that that everyone currently on the roster from Awakening, Fates and Shadow Dragon NEEDED to be in this game, and even when limited to the needed characters, it's still a pretty big cast. And to a lot of fans, they're still missing some needed characters (like Azura, Sumia and Camus). I'm satisfied with who we have, personally. Characters like Lucina and Xander may be "safe," but they're still awesome characters, and I REALLY look forward to mowing down hoards of enemies as them.

I this gaming day and age, it's fascinating how difficult it is for fans and developers to decided what content should be added as DLC, and what content should be added in a sequel. I think Fire Emblem Warriors 2 would have all of the old characters, but with 3 different games as the focus of the story. 

Is there a full English translation of the interview? I'd like more context than "here's a four point summary of the interview". Still, I don't know what I expect to find, every time these developers open their mouth it creates a new fuss.

I think it would have been better if the devs had simply stated from the start they were focusing on just these three FE games and not to get your hopes up for characters from other games.

I want Felicia in the game just so I can hear "We got trouble". lol

Edited by wissenschaft

4 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I think it would have been better if the devs had simply stated from the start they were focusing on just these three FE games and not to get your hopes up for characters from other games.

Isn't that what they've been saying from the beginning? That people would have to wait for a hypothetical sequel to get characters from other games? Lyn and Celica are clearly established to be exceptions. NOBODY promised characters from other games as DLC. Only in potential sequels. 

6 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Pretty much they did, its more their stated reasoning is what people attached themselves to. 

Then IS came in and said add Lyn & Celica. Which only complicated things further.

7 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

To be fair, they did tell us that pretty early on when they started revealing stuff. Not immediately (and not in it's first teaser in the FE Direct for sure), but in one of the first interviews, they mentioned that most of the characters would be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. Getting people's hopes down early was probably one of their smarter choices, and made the reveal of characters like Lyn much more surprising, for better or for worse.

Edit: Got beaten to the punch twice over.

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, redtutel said:

Isn't that what they've been saying from the beginning? That people would have to wait for a hypothetical sequel to get characters from other games? Lyn and Celica are clearly established to be exceptions. NOBODY promised characters from other games as DLC. Only in potential sequels. 

True, but you need to be extra clear for fans......they can be scary after all. ;)

I don't IS or Nintendo forced any character in.  Koei asked for input on their roster, an obvious "tell us whos popular enough to put in the game". I seriously doubt Nintendo said put Lyn and Celica in or else.

Edited by wissenschaft

10 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

True, but you need to be extra clear for fans......they can be scary after all. ;)

I don't IS or Nintendo forced any character in.  Koei asked for input on their roster, an obvious "tell us whos popular enough to put in the game". I seriously doubt Nintendo said put Lyn and Celica in or else.

...Despite them saying that IS forced them to add Lucina, Lyn, and Celica in.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

To be fair, they did tell us that pretty early on when they started revealing stuff. Not immediately (and not in it's first teaser in the FE Direct for sure), but in one of the first interviews, they mentioned that most of the characters would be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. Getting people's hopes down early was probably one of their smarter choices, and made the reveal of characters like Lyn much more surprising, for better or for worse.

Edit: Got beaten to the punch twice over.

Anybody who had seen the announcement trailer should've known what to expect. They highlighted SD's Falchion, Awakening's Falchion, Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried-- the takeaway from that couldn't have been much more obvious. If they were going to focus on Elibe or Tellius we would've seen the Binding Blade or Ragnell in it.
Also, the first teaser was during the Switch presentation.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Anybody who had seen the announcement trailer should've known what to expect. They highlighted SD's Falchion, Awakening's Falchion, Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried-- the takeaway from that couldn't have been much more obvious. If they were going to focus on Elibe or Tellius we would've seen the Binding Blade or Ragnell in it.
Also, the first teaser was during the Switch presentation.

I probably should've rewatched it before I said anything. I was just going off of my memory of Chrom and the Fire Emblem; I forgot that the other specific swords were shown. I agree though, that just means they were even clearer from the beginning. It wasn't a straight confirmation, but the context clues were very obvious.

My memory is too terrible for this kind of thing. The first trailer WAS the one with Chrom and the Fire Emblem, right? 

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I probably should've rewatched it before I said anything. I was just going off of my memory of Chrom and the Fire Emblem; I forgot that the other specific swords were shown. I agree though, that just means they were even clearer from the beginning. It wasn't a straight confirmation, but the context clues were very obvious.

My memory is too terrible for this kind of thing. The first trailer WAS the one with Chrom and the Fire Emblem, right? 

I remember it clearly because I flipped out over it and made an embarrassment of myself. 

The context clues were obvious; as has been repeatedly shown, people have had something of a "deluded optimism" with the game. They ignored blatant context clues or made "promises" about who would be included without any direct information (saying at least Ike and or/Roy would be in the game, when the only thing that ever remotely entertained that were the mysterious reveals at TGS-- with the surprise being Celica). DLC representation was something I and a lot of others just took for granted, but nothing gave any indication of that-- we just assumed without any direct evidence/info. Some of this stuff is definitely more obvious in hindsight, but other stuff was clearly just people trying to hold onto hopes despite stuff pointing to the contrary.

Yes, the announcement trailer was the five orbs and Chrom pulling the Falchion out of the ground.

Edited by The DanMan

30 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

...Despite them saying that IS forced them to add Lucina, Lyn, and Celica in.

28 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

They never said IS/Nintendo forced them. I read the interview, they asked IS for advice on the roster. People have overreacted and claimed this means nintendo forced them to add those characters.

^

I've said it before and I'll say it again: People need to stop treating IS like schoolyard bullies here. Koei never said they were "forced" to add anyone, just that these characters were suggested. There may have been plenty of other suggestions that Koei did decline for all we know.