Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

My DLC hopes:

Awakening - Basilio, Nowi, Walhart

Fates - Benny, Saizo, Keaton

SD - Wrys, Linde, Minerva, Abel

I haven't played SD, so I just picked characters I know from Heroes.

On a separate note, if IS pushed to add Lyn and Celica, could there be something hidden there? Celica is most likely added because Echoes: SoV recently came out and might want more promotion for that. Lyn could have been added because of her popularity, but what if she was added to hint at a new Echoes title, FE7. This is just a big guess and could easily be wrong, but I'll keep my hopes up for a FE7 remake.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of this just reaffirms the interview from months back where KT said they wanted more obscure picks, while IS told them to stick to popularity polls, and Nintendo went a step further and told them to focus on SD/Awakening/Fates. The Lyn addition was clearly IS looking at the CYL poll and going "Huh, people sure like Lyn. Give them Lyn... Oh and we have a new game out. Add someone from that, we don't care." 

It's a shame that the promise of a more interesting game is being dangled in front of us, and telling us that this game that has had tons of backlash needs to do well for us to get it. But I guess that's gaming these days. 

Anyway, my wishlist:

Awakening: Cherche, Henry, Gangrel

Fates: Charlotte, Azura, Benny

SD: Ogma, Hardin, Minerva

What I'm expecting:

Awakening: Gaius, Tharja, Walhart

Alternate: Donnel(Because memes), Tharja, Walhart

Fates: Azura, Jakob, Arthur

SD: Abel, Draug, Merric

7 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

Fates - Azura, Jakob, Charlotte

Awakening - Tharja, Gaius, Virion

SD - Minerva, Merric, Linde

Are my guesses.

Replace Linde with Camus and I think you have it.

I actually see a lot of people leaving Camus out, which I will be surprised if they do. He is easily the most popular character outside of the SD characters already in. He made it into 3 separate games, started an entire archetype, and is a great choice as a new lance user. Im pretty sure he is making it onto the roster.

Edited by Tolvir

11 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

TOLD you people that IS forced Celica and Lyn in with good proof of Lucina yet no one believed me lol

We were told long ago that Lucina was a Nintendo/IS suggestion. 

What we've been told before lines up with IS picking Lyn themselves. 

Edited by Slumber

10 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

TOLD you people that IS forced Celica and Lyn in with good proof of Lucina yet no one believed me lol

Just now, The DanMan said:

That was actually a semi-common opinion.

Yeah. Most people aren't disputing this because we knew that IS/Nintendo told them to add certain characters to the roster.

(I think the ones added after they talked with IS/Nintendo were Lucina, Owain, Lyn, and Celica.)

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

At this point I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't have spoken about sequels right from the get go...

"The Fire Emblem series has too many characters for us to even hope to represent it properly within a single game. As such, we plan on making more than one, if we're given the chance of course. The first will be focusing on Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Fire Emblem Fates."

... you know, something along those lines? Obviously there'd have been complaints still, but...

That would come off as quite presumptuous, suggesting that they needed more than one entry to start catering to what fans wanted.

4 hours ago, NeonZ said:

I doubt it. Fire Emblem is closer to Dynasty Warriors, where you want a roster as large as possible, which is why we ended up with clones in the first place.

Characters can use the same weapon types and have different movesets here (see Chrom vs Marth for example - both sword wielding lords and yet aren't clones). They can just create more unique movesets for the next game. They aren't necessarily tied to weapon assignment.

That's kind of the issue though. You can't just apply the pattern they choose for HWs here and expect the same reaction. The three game focus there wasn't received with nearly as much negativity as the three game focus here, since Zelda has more generic elements and characters running through all games.

The weapons they chose are hardly intensive as far as development goes; In all honesty they could probably synch up character models to movesets quite easily depending on what form of movement the model had.

I think part of why Hyrule Warriors didn't get nearly as much backlash was because it was still unknown territory; we didn't know if it was going to be good, and certainly didn't expect it to take off the way it did. In this respects, Fire Emblem has been desired (for some reason) for quite some time even before Hyrule Warriors was announced AND already had a very successful precursor to live up to.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Interviews made it clear that Nintendo and Aonuma were confident in KT and were pretty hands-off. Conversely, the FEW interviews made it clear that Nintendo and IS were deeply involved in the project and overseeing multiple aspects.

I'm somewhat convinced that Owain/Niles/Navarre/Oboro were scrapped mid-development to free up resources for implementing Lyn and Celica.

A reasonable assumption. It's also quite interesting that Anouma was willing to let KT take chances and gave us pretty solid entries (even wound up making a fanon character that was at the very least fun to play as even if shes little more than a lunatic fangirl...actually three of them now that I figure) while they were very hands-on for Fire Emblem. I guess maybe the way FE games are structured it means they have a chance at creating a broader range of appealing characters to entice people even if they've never touched a Turn-based strategy game before.

"Absolutely necessary", huh? Personally I think Sumia should have replaced Cordelia if that was the case, and saved her for DLC. Unfortunate.

As for the characters that I can see as DLC...or at least somewhat likely...

Fates: Azura definitely, Charlotte (decently popular, 9th most popular female), ???

Spoiler

Niles and Oboro are already in the game, although not playable. Perhaps they will be saved for DLC, too?

Awakening: Tharja, Gauis, ??? 

Spoiler

Again, like Niles and Oboro, Owain is non-playable. So maybe him.

Shadow Dragon: Minerva, Draug, Camus (Honestly I've never played SD so I know little about it, but these seem like pretty popular characters. Especially Minerva?)

Wait, so does this mean Ike, Roy, etc. won't ever be in this game? They're going to be saved for a sequel that might not even happen? That sucks. Why can't they be in both? I mean, I'd be glad to get them in an FE Warriors game regardless, but there's no reason they can't be in this game AND a sequel.

Anyway, my hopes for the packs then:

SD: Minerva, Camus, Linde

Awakening: Stahl, Panne, Virion

Fates: Silas, Azura, Rinkah

Personal Wishlist
- Shadow Dragon: Linde, Minerva, Camus
- Fates: Azura, Arthur, Hana?
- Awakening - Valm: Walhart, Virion, Cherche
- Awakening - Kids: Cynthia, Severa, Morgan

For Shadow Dragon, I hoping for Linde to serve as an extra mage. Minerva serves as a second Wyvern Rider with an axe, while Camus is himself and brings a new moveset to the game (Lance Cavalier).

For Fates, Azura is obvious and should be Lance Infantry. I also really want Arthur in (he can also serve as an Axe Infantry), but was unsure who to add for Hoshido so I ended up using Hana. At least the little sisters end up with one retainer, right?

For Awakening, I want to see a Valm Arc because I love those characters (Say'ri is okay), but I really want to see Walhart kick butt. Seeing the magnificent Virion and beautiful Cherche is a wonderful bonus. Alternatively, I can see the kids being DLC, so I want to see Cynthia (she would fit perfectly given her personality), Severa (popularity and because I like Severa) and Morgan (because F!Morgan is the best thing ever). I would have said Inigo, but I have a feeling they will just reuse the Heroes VA, who is no Liam O'Brien. Also, at least Severa can become a Bow Cavalier to be somewhat unique instead of being another sword.

Expected DLC
- Shadow Dragon: Linde/Merric, Minerva/Michalis, Camus/Jagen
- Fates: Azura, ???, ???
- Awakening: Valm Arc (Virion, Cherche, Walhart), Popularity Polls (Tharja, Gaius, ???), or Kids (Inigo, Severa, ???)

Shadow Dragon is more of less my wishlist, but opened up a little to include other characters. // I have no idea where they will go with Fates besides including Azura. Hidden Weapons are a possibility, but I doubt it. // For Awakening, it also fits in with my wishlist save for the Populairty Polls. Thing is, I find Tharja and Gaius not to my tastes, so they are not on my wishlist.

Forgot to do my wish list...

Fates: Azura, Kaze, Rinkah.

Awakening: Olivia, Henry, Basilio. I want to say Inigo and Severa, but...idk, they both use swords.

SD: Xane, Minerva, Merric. It's too hard to narrow down SD, there's so many I love, like these three, Ogma, Linde, Camus, Hardin, Jeorge, and of course, Cain and Abel.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

It's a shame that the promise of a more interesting game is being dangled in front of us, and telling us that this game that has had tons of backlash needs to do well for us to get it. But I guess that's gaming these days. 

Least my stream convinced a number of people it was a solid game despite the huge controversy, but ugh its such a shame with how that became a primary focus for a chunk of fans. It's understandable though, i'm not saying its not by any means.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Least my stream convinced a number of people it was a solid game despite the huge controversy, but ugh its such a shame with how that became a primary focus for a chunk of fans. It's understandable though, i'm not saying its not by any means.

I think I've come to terms with it all, and probably will end up getting FEW.

It's just been a thoroughly frustrating experience, and comments like "Maybe we'll add Ike and Roy in a sequel. IF we get a sequel *winkwink*." still feel like salt in the wound.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I think I've come to terms with it all, and probably will end up getting FEW.

It's just been a thoroughly frustrating experience, and comments like "Maybe we'll add Ike and Roy in a sequel. IF we get a sequel *winkwink*." still feel like salt in the wound.

I agree, honestly, and i'm one of the chief defenders of the game haha. I've never been on board with this PR. The experience of actually playing it was so much fun though, i'm glad mechanically I was right not to worry.

9 hours ago, Azz said:

It probably meant the 9 DLC characters + the 4 NPC squad.

It can’t really be them. 

The 4 NPC are already in the game files as I’ve seen when I saw it again. So are the villains. 

It’s like 

Marth 

Marth unit

Navarre 

Navarre Unit

Gharnef 

Gharnef Unit

Placeholder

Placeholder Unit

(but it says placeholder 13 times and Placeholder unit 13 Times)

A sequel will likely happen, I would be surprised it if didn't. Legends wasn't a full sequel to Hyrule Warriors, but it might as well have been. Since they only did that to put it on the 3DS but both games are happening simultaneously this time, it'll probably be in a little over a year. Hyrule Warriors came out August 2014, with Legends released January 2016. Given that they're already thinking of a sequel, it'll probably come out sooner, especially since it's early in the Switch's lifetime and it's doing fairly well. Not sure if it would come out before or after FE Switch.. probably after.

In regards to the DLC, I fully expect Navarre, Owain, Oboro and Niles to be free DLC a month or so post release. My hopes for DLC packs:

Fates: Azura, Felicia, Kaze

Shadow Dragon: Camus, Minvera or Michalis, Linde

Awakening: Tharja, Tiki, Olivia

I would NOT be surprised at alllllll if Tharja was the Skull Kid of this game though, not at all. The obvious fan-favorite. Azura was more or less confirmed, though I don't know if they'll add extra weapon types. Shadow Dragon is a toss up (still surprised it's Navarre and not Ogma as NPC), and I fully expect the Awakening choices to let me down. It'll probably be Gaius, Donnel and Nowi. 

Honestly I really just want Ike. How this game exists without him is beyond me.

Just now, dmurr said:

A sequel will likely happen, I would be surprised it if didn't.

With the controversies the sales the game would have easily gotten might slip out of its grasp. Which is highly unfortunate if it results that way considering this is one of the most polished Musou games i've ever played.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

With the controversies the sales the game would have easily gotten might slip out of its grasp. Which is highly unfortunate if it results that way considering this is one of the most polished Musou games i've ever played.

It definitely looks really fun. It's honestly a big reason why I'm now saving up for a Switch. But I wonder how Japanese fans feel about the controversies?

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Is it really that controversial outside of the fanbase though? I expect the gameplay to make up for the roster.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I’m really sad about that... I can’t believe it’s not selling well, I imagined it would. 

2 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m really sad about that... I can’t believe it’s not selling well, I imagined it would. 

We don't know its sales yet, don't jump the gun on that. 

3 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Is it really that controversial outside of the fanbase though? I expect the gameplay to make up for the roster.

With how loud this fanbase can get? I'd imagine some would be scared off, but I might be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

It definitely looks really fun. It's honestly a big reason why I'm now saving up for a Switch. But I wonder how Japanese fans feel about the controversies?

They aren't very affected by it, they're generally excited from what I've seen from SoC.