Challenge run

Janus

Which common challenge should I attempt first?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose plz?

• Females only
    • Laguz only
    • Other (specify, but be reasonable)

Over my winter break, I want to try a special challenge run. I've beaten the game three times (twice on Easy, once on Normal) and I think I'm ready to try some of the challenges people attempt.

I have done a Female playthrough. One easy mode and once on Normal mode.

I haven't done a Laguz playthrough because I am not sure how it is going to turn out...

I have done a Mage only playthrough on Easy Mode, Normal Mode and...Hard mode. I really wanted to challenge myself and the mage playthrough on Hard Mode just turned out to be a big mess. I did manage to finish the game.

TryLaguz playthrough. That should provide alot of challenge...

Do a Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest. All of the characters that start as first tier + Sothe, Zihark, and Volug but without Ilyana. Basically, everyone available for use in chapter 3-6.

Maybe I should try that... :mellow:

Is there anyone other than me who's actually done a Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest? I'll have you know it isn't the easiest thing to do. It requires careful planning, careful spending, many battle saves, and as much boss/enemy abuse as possible. It also pretty much requires a Zihark/Nolan A support.

Vykan's done a Laguz-only playthrough, without royals. It was epic.

I advise against an all-female playthrough because it's pretty frivolous from a challenge perspective. The DB slaughterfest is my recommendation.

^This.

All-Females is a theme run, but not much of a challenge because female units account for at least half of the best units in the game.

All-Laguz run is pretty challenging, but very easy at the end. The all Dawn Brigade challenge is pretty easy, that was my first playthrough on Normal. You only need to use them for like 14 chapters before endgame.

Female only would be kind of cool. Or you could do an ugly playthrogh. You'd have Oliver, Brom, Caineghis, Giffca, Nealuchi, Laura, and Mordecai!

Try a bad character run like Bastian,

O NO U DIDN'T

Bastian's actually WICKED good.

Edited by Destiny Hero

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say an all swords run, but that means you get the most horribly broken character in the game: Ike, unless you count Caineghis or Tibarn as more broken (Which I don't). I say an All Lance PT. You have to use Edward, Mic and Nolan until you get Aran in the DB but after that you get Marcia, Nephenee, Haar, Geoffrey, Danved, Fiona, Astrid (If you train her), Oscar, Sigrun, Tanith, Tauroneo, and many others besides!

Hm...

In terms of challenge, I'd probably go for either a Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest or an Incapable Dawn Brigade run. Incapable, where you use all your prepromotes on the enemies and watch them get their asses handed to them in Part 1 only to be royally screwed over in the Part 3 DB Chapters.

I'd say an all swords run, but that means you get the most horribly broken character in the game: Ike, unless you count Caineghis or Tibarn as more broken (Which I don't). I say an All Lance PT. You have to use Edward, Mic and Nolan until you get Aran in the DB but after that you get Marcia, Nephenee, Haar, Geoffrey, Danved, Fiona, Astrid (If you train her), Oscar, Sigrun, Tanith, Tauroneo, and many others besides!

Why?

Hm...

In terms of challenge, I'd probably go for either a Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest or an Incapable Dawn Brigade run. Incapable, where you use all your prepromotes on the enemies and watch them get their asses handed to them in Part 1 only to be royally screwed over in the Part 3 DB Chapters.

Haha, that means you have to cower behind the BK and Tauroneo when they rejoin. Quite an interesting idea.

I have done a Mage only playthrough on Easy Mode, Normal Mode and...Hard mode. I really wanted to challenge myself and the mage playthrough on Hard Mode just turned out to be a big mess. I did manage to finish the game.

I'm thinking of a mage only PT on hard mode... tell me how it turned out to be a big mess.

No Sothe, Ike, or Royals/Nailah/BK. On Normal. Ike is just too broken, as are the Royals. Actually, no Sothe in Part 1.

It's easy not to use Sothe in part 1 normal. I do it all the time cause I hate Sothe. You just have to play smart. And how would you beat the BK in 4-E-2 if you don't train Ike a little? It's gonna take a LOT of bexp to make him strong enough to fight the BK.