I JUST noticed something, and it's really odd.

Same with Sothe. They can lose Luck on promotion.

Yeah. It's actually kinda funny. Lol.

I have a broken save file from Por, and every time Sothe upgrades, he loses 5 luck. It's funny to watch.

And somewhat annoying that he doesn't get those 5 stats back anywhere.

Really? That's stupid. I don't get why the creators would do that. First they have MORE Luck, so it gets in the way of their otherstats growing, then they DUMP it. Are there any others who lose stats? Poor Sothe. He didn't ned any more bad stuff ;-;

Luck isn't really filler. It affects multiple things such as Critical %, Avoid, Hit %, Critical Evade, etc.

Yes, Luck is a filler, and it isn't as important as the other stats, besides Magic on a physical attack (how stupid).

Plus having a low luck cap on Pelleas and Volke isn't anything meaningful because their growth rates don't make it so that they max that stat on average.

A meaningful low cap would be Laura's since her growth rates do allow her to max MAG, SKL and SPD on average, giving BEXP the chance to boost her other stats. The problem is her bases...

Yes, Luck is a filler, and it isn't as important as the other stats, besides Magic on a physical attack (how stupid).

Yet Stefan's low luck in FE9 is the main complaint about him and Clarine and Priscilla's monstrous high luck is one of the major reasons they're great units in their games. Luck a filler, ha. Let's put you in Serenes Emblem with 0 luck and see how crappy your avoid will be and how often you'll get hit by a critical.

Edited by Boo

Explain how. Luck boosts the effects of other stats.

It does?

Each point of Luck only gives +1 Hit, +1 Avoid and +1 Dodge. The only meaningful boost out of there is Dodge, since no other stat boosts that (Skill gives +2 Hit and Speed gives +2 Avoid, amongst other things)

It does?

Each point of Luck only gives +1 Hit, +1 Avoid and +1 Dodge. The only meaningful boost out of there is Dodge, since no other stat boosts that (Skill gives +2 Hit and Speed gives +2 Avoid, amongst other things)

Look at the enemies in FE7. They have no luck, and they suffer because of it. Skill and the like may give +2 of thier own stat, but Luck gives 3 different bonuses. Pretty vital, if you ask me. The importance of the stat is pretty underrated.

Maybe the post you quoted had a bad choice of words.

Edited by Flynn Scifo

There's a reason Luck is my highest growth in SE. It's a highly underrated stat. Luck is the reason Ellen is more accurate than Saul, and Sothe and Heather more accurate than Volke. As stated before, it's what makes most Valkyries great units. Higher luck > lower luck.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Alone, luck looks like a worthless stat but I find many situations where just 2-3 more points would help (FE6 Chapter 24 for example) and then there's the fact it helps with the Backfire rate of the Devil Axe... Minor, but still helpful (specially FEDS' Devil Axe)

Still, Luck is the least important stat.

I can argue that by saying there is no least important stat. Luck's usefulness is mostly unseen, but very helpful. It can be what prevents you from getting criticaled, which is most important in FE6. 10 points over someone else is a 10% higher hit chance. It may not sound like much, but it's very nice.

I think magic is the least important stat for non magic users. Besides recovering health from imbue there isn't any other reason for non magic users to have a magic stat cause there aren't any weapons that do magic damage and who actually uses spectre/reaper/daemon cards. I also think its pointless for magic users to have a strength stat. I guess it kind of makes sense that they need strength to carry their tomes without losing AS but why do they need strength while non magic users don't need magic?

it doesn't matter if Mist's cap for luck drops on promotion. she still can't reasonably go above her stat cap. In the off-chance that she gained a luck stat up gain for every level up, she would have exactly 35 as her luck stat. so, assuming she gained luck in every level-up, you would only end up loosing with her if you gave her a luck stat-up item which would be a very silly thing to do, considering other units need it more than she does or if you data-transferred.

I think magic is the least important stat for non magic users. Besides recovering health from imbue there isn't any other reason for non magic users to have a magic stat cause there aren't any weapons that do magic damage and who actually uses spectre/reaper/daemon cards. I also think its pointless for magic users to have a strength stat. I guess it kind of makes sense that they need strength to carry their tomes without losing AS but why do they need strength while non magic users don't need magic?

Lol, I overlooked the mag/str split when I said that. With the exception of that, all stats are important.

Still, Luck is the least important stat.

I strongly disagree. I would say that res is the least important. Point-for-point, hp is also fail.

Luck helps with hit, and more importantly, avoid and crit avoid. Many enemies have boosted crit, like snipers, thunder mages, or half of everything in part 4. Low-luck units can randomly and unexpectedly die due to eating crits. That really sucks. I've even seen Haar die this way, in 2-E, and to physical attackers. No thunder mages were even involved.

On a physical fighter...

spd >> str >> def >> luck > skl >>> hp > res >>>> mag

Edited by Reikken