Have you ever used someone in FE as "bait?"

Wisper

Sacrificial lambs? Can't say I've ever done it. Never been in a situation where it was really viable, though. I'd much rather run my meatshields in and rescue the unit, or run my horses in to rescue the guy and then back up behind my meatshields.

I have sent in a guy that didn't have a weapon equipped in FE9 or FE10 in order to draw attacks, though. If two units are at full heatlh, the AI will target the one that causes the least amount of risk to itself (so sword guys will attack axe guys, melee units will attack archers, etc). If they see a guy without a weapon, they'll attack it over someone they can actually kill.

Mine hasn't died for 11 playthroughs, and I use him a lot.

that's because the one time he died was because kenneth did a critical on him

LOL, I rarely use sacrifices. But, if I'm getting annoyed with a chapter I might eventually resort to it. Usual instances are when I KNOW I don't plan on using that unit later in this PT, so Instead of trying to keep them alive, I just let enemies kill them and save exp for characters I WILL use.

Oh yeah, I remember using Fiona, Meg and Aran in my first pt of RD as sacrifices. I didn't know of Aran's greatness back then, so ya.

I also sacrificed Vika, Muarim and Tormod. Well actually...they just happened to be in the wrong spot, at the wrong time. But I didn't bother to restart lolol.

Edited by Nightmare

Blegh... Radiant Dawn, 4-4 (The sexy beast chapter). Mia and Soren were doing fine on the central staircase (everyone else was dealing with the reinforcements in the back) until Mia got sleep'd. Luckily, Titania managed to rush in and rescue Mia while Soren made his escape. But due to the reduced speed, she got sleepified as well. She died. Ike came. Mia lived.

Treck plays autobait for me in FE6 Ch7, heh.

I don't think I ever let anyone die otherwise. I do let people get captured in FE5 to make those capturers easier to kill/capture...Lara is perfect for this.

I use Oswin as a tank to lure out enemies. Does that count? <.<

Funny? I normally use Oswin just to guard Merlinus(when he was at the time a tent) for couple of chapters before promoting to a Transporter, I'm not sure if some of you guys did this but that as a good EXP gain out of Oswin.

Edited by 安室 奈美恵