Have you ever used someone in FE as "bait?"

Wisper

Have you ever sent one of you weak (or weakened) units into a mass group of enemies so your lords and stronger units can escape? It's kind of cruel, but it can be so helpful in hard mode.

I had to do it once in RD 4-4 when a truckload of reinforcments appeared behind my units, and they all were incredibly hurt, like 10 health was left on all of them. I had Mia as a level 10 Swordmaster and Mist as level 1 cleric so I just had to send them back there while my other units ran away and healed. Both of them were killed. :\. Feel kind of like a jerk for doing it, but I was going to reset after going through those hellish 14 waves of reinforcments.

Besides FE11 where all but 10 of my characters are cannon fodder...

Yes, I have used characters as bait on occasions. I'm not so much of a perfectionist these days- as long as I can get through the game with minimal casualties, that's good enough. Even if it means sacrificing some weak characters that I'd never use : P

Sothe in FE10.

ALL the time in part one.

Sothe isn't likely to get killed though.

of course, so many times; at the end game I will have only, at least up to half or little over half the characters in the game

That's not exactly the best strategy ever. :X

That's not exactly the best strategy ever. :X

well it only happened once and that was in fe6, after that I usually have most of the characters

I use Oswin a lot for jobs like that.

this, I almost forgot about this guy holy crap the best use of bait ever, got sooooo much out of him, very good unit; never died twice. He is the best person as a bait since he is a tank

I reset the game the moment anyone dies by accident (sad I know)... Why would I send people to there deaths?

because its fun to little girls on horses rush to there death against the last boss at level 3

jk but I wanted to see that so badly lol, since I was able to and I never used her throughout the game

Edited by Repede

because its fun to little girls on horses rush to there death against the last boss at level 3

jk but I wanted to see that so badly lol, since I was able to and I never used her throughout the game

That's it! I've been missing a unit for my last slot for endgame this playthrough (FE10) but you gave me the idea to suicide Fiona in endgame. She'd be killed by the AoE attacks from

Ashera

, so

Dhegensia

will have to do.

That's it! I've been missing a unit for my last slot for endgame this playthrough (FE10) but you gave me the idea to suicide Fiona in endgame. She'd be killed by the AoE attacks from

Ashera

, so

Dhegensia

will have to do.

Lawlz

I think I'll torture you for a while.

Anyway, unless the dude has great defense, meatsheild just isn't my style. Never had a reason to use it. Sacrifices will be a no-no, even when I get my hands on the DS game.

this, I almost forgot about this guy holy crap the best use of bait ever, got sooooo much out of him, very good unit; never died twice. He is the best person as a bait since he is a tank

Mine hasn't died for 11 playthroughs, and I use him a lot.