45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brawl be Re-made

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actually fine with brawl until they decide to to make a new one.

i'd love to see Falco, Rob, any secondary Link and Game&Watch take a hike or be thrown into a river with concrete shoes (maybe be turned into assist trophies, but not playable characters).

Then let Isaac of Golden Sun join up with Simon Belmont, MegaMan and Zero to round out the cast.

and give Ganondorf his own move set, and make pikachu and Ike a little less cheap.

Wait, seriously? You'd throw away some of the best characters in the game to let some random third-party characters in?

He is slow and most of his attacks are damn near useless

Please face Azen. He will prove otherwise. He and Ninjalink have good Ikes, Azen's is far better though. He can beat most metaknights with it in tourney.

Ike is a mediocre character, not amazing, not bad.

great Ike ditto, Azen is red, crazy ending Edited by Rei

Please face Azen. He will prove otherwise. He and Ninjalink have good Ikes, Azen's is far better though. He can beat most metaknights with it in tourney.

great Ike ditto, Azen is red, crazy ending

f_textym_d20306c.png

f_textym_d20306c.png

He was never considered cheap at pro level even though Azen used to beat everyone with him. Until they discovered up-B and D-smash for Metaknight a month later

Edited by Rei

Ike does have that h4x Down-Tilt Spike that's great for guarding the edge when someone tries to come back up. It's especially easy with a recovery like Donkey Kong's or Wario's. Otherwise, he's pretty mediocre, I agree.

That was awesome!

my ike sucks ;_;

Nah d-tilt wont hit them if they sweetspot... it's best just to stay on there and d-air or aether it.

It does work wonders on idiotic level 9 Meta Knights who think they're going to trick you by falling and coming back up.

I can see how it's a bit predictable, but on the off-chance it does hit (it's a bit more likely to hit than d-air, imo), it's an instant kill just like d-air.

He is good, but it only proves alot of ikes moves are almost uu-useable

i'm actually fine with brawl until they decide to to make a new one.

i'd love to see Falco, Rob, any secondary Link and Game&Watch take a hike or be thrown into a river with concrete shoes (maybe be turned into assist trophies, but not playable characters).

Then let Isaac of Golden Sun join up with Simon Belmont, MegaMan and Zero to round out the cast.

and give Ganondorf his own move set, and make pikachu and Ike a little less cheap.

only the secondary link should be taken out, the rest can stay as long as they don't make falco as cheap as they did

He is good, but it only proves alot of ikes moves are almost uu-useable

Uh... Ike can space, he can kill with any attack. His jab has great priority and comes out nice and quick. If Ike predicts a dodge and F-Smashes, you're screwed if you're at like 60%+.

Uh... Ike can space, he can kill with any attack. His jab has great priority and comes out nice and quick. If Ike predicts a dodge and F-Smashes, you're screwed if you're at like 60%+.

useful moves

fair

nair

utilt

ftilt

Aether

bair

usmash

fsmash

and thats about it, the rest are situational

useful moves

fair

nair

utilt

ftilt

Aether

bair

usmash

fsmash

and thats about it, the rest are situational

You forgot Jab Combo, Spaced Forward-B for approaching and recovering. His grab range is pretty decent, D-smash is good for punishing dodge rolls, U-Air can be used to chase air dodges since the move lasts long enough, D-air is one of the more powerful spikes and it comes out fast. His neutral-B attack has super armor and can let you take a hit with no stun and hit them back. So let's see, that's everything but what? 2 moves?

No. Just to add one character... Vaati.

meh.

Legend of Zelda is overrepresented as is, just like Super Mario, Pokemanz, and Kirby

we need more Fire Emblem, Metroid, and F-Zero.

meh.

Legend of Zelda is overrepresented as is, just like Super Mario, Pokemanz, and Kirby

we need more Fire Emblem, Metroid, and F-Zero.

I agree with you that Brawl needs more Fire Emblem, maybe even more Metriod.

From Fire Emblem to Brawl we need Micaiah, she's awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
Wait, seriously? You'd throw away some of the best characters in the game to let some random third-party characters in?
[/b]ov 10 2008, 08:57 PM' post='214408']

only the secondary link should be taken out, the rest can stay as long as they don't make falco as cheap as they did

wow, i wish i wasn't so bogged down with school all the time or i would have responded to these a lot sooner than a month later (sorry guys).

And who knows if this will even get read...but i still feel the need to argue my side and defend my views.

Yes Falco needs to get removed from the game! i am sorry everyone, but i do not need another Fox in the game. Yeah some of his moves are the same, but it doesn't stop me from seeing a fast, high-jumping, and rapid attacker. AND geez. a slight altering of each of the B attacks does not remove the clone/imitation enough for me. While i still am no a big fan of Wolf, he at least operates completely different of Fox.

And i do not need three characters all doing the same final smash....i hate there smash so much, especially Wolf's! no matter what my damage is, i'll get touched by wolf's tank and be dead....it is so cheap!

and why get rid of a second link but keep around a second and third fox? i hate clone characters. i will state that with no difficulty. i understand the idea of memory space, and the whole argument of "but they come from the same world, their attacks should be similar."

I am sorry, Kirby, MetaKnight, and King Deedee are all vastly different from each other and they all hail from Dream Land. It's possible to make characters different. I actually do hold clones against them, especially when they said there wouldn't be any this time. Lucas is a cone of Ness, though they are very dissimilar. All i know is, there's a way to give different move sets to different characters, even if the world they come from is the same. I mean, every character gets four special moves. it cannot be that hard to just create new ones. And if it is, then do not make the character.

And i do not like Rob because i think he's a waste of a slot. I admire the old school reference that is Rob, but to make such an obscure part of nintendo history into an actual character i a waste.

and i wouldn't replace them with "random third party characters." I don't know how old you guys are, but i clearly remember playing mega man 1 through 7, or so, on Nintendo systems. Same with the first few Mega Man X games. and he's since made a return with the gba and ds. Mega Man is far more relevant than Snake.

That's more of a Nintendo old school reference that a lot of people will sign on before Rob. Same with Simon Belmont. These characters, and their franchises, owe nintendo a lot even if they do not release their main stream games with them (though they still have a lot of them). If you want to be nostalgic, get characters that are actually recognizable and are have an active life...not some rare and obscure nintendo accessory.

Yeah Snake started out on the NES, but seriously, he is far more known because of his success on the playstation systems. And his game world is far more serious and realistic than any other smash character's. He just doesn't fit in the smash universe.

And Isaac isn't a third party character. He is nintendo owned, and should be a character.

Honestly, i would prefer that the characters i don't like just not be in the game, and add more material somewhere else in the game.

look, i just want my Smash Bros. game brimming with nintendo references. I don't want three Star Fox characters essentially being the same, because then i see it less as an accomplishment, especially when the game was delayed so many times. Smash bros can achieve a lot with the amalgamation of so many worlds and characters. And i feel that they've been coming up short of this promise ever since melee. The original was unmarked territory and was highly entertaining. The two since have been good improvement, but fail to find that amazing novelty that the first truly had.

and, for the record, yes Ike is ridiculous. As is Pikachu. they are way to strong for what they are and need to be toned down.

and we do not need more characters than necessary from any world. The games need individuals who stand out in their respective game. We don't need second tier characters like Falco and Wolf in the game. I do not want need a shy guy playable character, or a dark samus (they made a dark colored samus). Primary protagonists and antagonists are what is needed, not the hero's cousin.

And Zelda series is not OVER represented! they have three characters, and each of them play a prominent role in the series. Same with Kirby's crew.

We don't need more pokemon, or another mewtwo replacement.

Fire Emblem...i am okay with only two characters...a third might be okay, but no more than that. There really aren't any mainstays in the series, like a mario or samus or link that can be readily identified as the games token cast.