The most anime thread in the Forest: who are the individually strongest characters in the series?

Thane

The Holy Blood users from Jugdral are certainly up there among the strongest.

Athos tanked hits from two Fire Dragons, so there's that to consider. And also, while it happened in the past, his Forblaze (along with the other Legendary Weapons of Elibe) basically triggered a Nuclear Winter.

The Fates Royals+Corrin and Azura (along with their children) can literally terraform the land and cause all other sorts of crazy shit, so i'd actually rank them as more powerful than the Jugdral Holy Blood people.

Gharnef is impossible to beat without Starlight but in terms of raw power, he's not super amazing.

Walhart actually solos entire armies.

Chrom went full anime and broke a castle wall during his training.

Xander's horse is like the most broken horse ever. It does all these crazy stunts, jumping multiple times in mid-air. 

Ike slayed a God

Alm is pretty powerful too. He's even got Monado Buster Scendscale, which is basically an anime super sword move.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Fates Royals+Corrin and Azura (along with their children) can literally terraform the land and cause all other sorts of crazy shit, so i'd actually rank them as more powerful than the Jugdral Holy Blood people.

Provided there is a Dragon Vein around. If sent to another continent, would DVs exist there? And can they choose what a given DV does? A Holy Weapon wielder doesn't have to worry about such things.

I'd also like to point out that Ike, who as others have said fought and kicked the ass of half of the creator of the universe, said he's never fought anybody half as tough as Robin when you beat Rogues and Redeemers III in Awakening. Which, if he's not using hyperbole bordering on war crime, would put Robin's power level pretty fucking high.

7 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I'd also like to point out that Ike, who as others have said fought and kicked the ass of half of the creator of the universe, said he's never fought anybody half as tough as Robin when you beat Rogues and Redeemers III in Awakening. Which, if he's not using hyperbole bordering on war crime, would put Robin's power level pretty fucking high.

That was Einherjar Ike. Einherjar are not the actual character they represent, they are but a artistic rendering of one. A false and much weaker replica without the true power or even essence of the original.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was Einherjar Ike. Einherjar are not the actual character they represent, they are but a artistic rendering of one. A false and much weaker replica without the true power or even essence of the original.

Maybe, but they still have their memories.

52 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

pretty sure he's referring to your army as a whole, not just robin

which would make sense considering they've also fought and killed a dragon god

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe, but they still have their memories.

Not even that I'd say. They would only know whatever the Einherjar artist put into them. Lachesis knows she loves her brother because the artist knew she loved her brother, but does she really have memories of the real Lachesis loving her brother? I doubt it. How would an Einherjar maker get them?

5 minutes ago, unique said:

which would make sense considering they've also fought and killed a dragon god

Ashera is no dragon god if you were calling her that. She is just a goddess, no yucky draconic qualities (not that I don't mind dragons, I like Naga and Dheg) about her. Grima is godly though, if not an actual god by nature.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

FE1/3 - Gharnef in terms of gameplay, simply because of what's needed to beat him. Outside of that, there are probably many characters who outclass him, but I'm rusty on my Archanea knowledge.

FE2 - Alm. Singlehandedly beats his dad in basketball, then goes and kills a Divine Dragon.

FE4 - Depending on how far the "magical help" thing goes, any of the Holy Blood children, but particularly Julia. Julius would beat her(Obviously not from a gameplay perspective, since Julia pretty much just exists so FE4 is beatable by people who screw up royally), but it's tough to say how powerful he'd be if he wasn't literally just a vessel for Loptyr.

FE5 - Reinhardt and Galzus. Reinhardt doesn't have ANY holy blood at all, but it stated to basically be the second coming of Tordo. Galzus DOES have holy blood, but he doesn't have Balmung. Which you'd think would put him below any of the holy blood wielders with a legendary weapon, but Galzus is so fucking powerful that he makes Ced, a holy blood child WITH a holy blood weapon, scared to even try to fight him.

FE6/7 - Athos and Nergal. Athos is a rare "Hero of lore" that we hear about in damn near every FE, and has some crazy feats. Nergal's so far deep in dark magic that he makes even Athos nervous. Hector was getting up there by the end of FE7, too, but 6 sent that bus off a cliff.

FE8 - Uhhhh... Seth? Damn this game and its lack of world-building.

FE9/10 - Ike. Again, killed a God, and he can't even step foot in any other FE game without somebody mentioning how freakishly powerful he is. And he wrestles with Lion Laguz, the most physically imposing Laguz. He does this all being a normal commoner, so he even has the "No magical help" thing going for him outside of Ragnell and Yune's blessing when he takes out Ashera.

FE13 - Hard to say outside of Robin or Grima, who break the "No magical help" thing. Walhart is definitely up there in terms of how the lore builds him. He's kind of a pansy from a gameplay perspective, though.

FE14 - The eldest of the siblings. Xander has a bunch of crazy build up to him, but Ryoma is more or less billed as his equal throughout the whole game, and the fight they do have in game generally gives Ryoma the edge.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ashera is no dragon god. She is just a goddess, no yucky draconic qualities about her. Grima is godly though, if not an actual god by nature.

well i meant as in they've killed a dragon god like how ike's army has killed a god

the final chapters called "to slay a god" or something like that so i assumed he's at least some kind

Edited by unique

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not even that I'd say. They would only know whatever the Einherjar artist put into them. Lachesis knows she loves her brother because the artist knew she loved her brother, but does she really have memories of the real Lachesis loving her brother? I doubt it. How would an Einherjar maker get them?.

Some of them seem to talk about some fairly personal stuff like their doubts and burdens (the kind of stuff that most of them probably wouldn't share normally) though. How would those artists know all that?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Some of them seem to talk about some fairly personal stuff like their doubts and burdens (the kind of stuff that most of them probably wouldn't share normally) though. How would those artists know all that?

Awakening doesn't tell us how Einherjar got made, all is postulations. But we get character endings in most FEs, and they suggest historical evidence remains of many heroes. The "artists" of Einherjars take the historical evidence, including documents, artifacts, legends and folktales, available to them and the use it as the basis of their magical creations. Some artistic license is required in this process.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Awakening doesn't tell us how Einherjar got made, all is postulations. But we get character endings in most FEs, and they suggest historical evidence remains of many heroes. The "artists" of Einherjars take the historical evidence, including documents, artifacts, legends and folktales, available to them and the use it as the basis of their magical creations. Some artistic license is required in this process.

Could be, but the original argument could also hold. You can't disprove that the Ike knew what he was talking about. This is all moot.

On 24/10/2017 at 5:25 AM, Slumber said:

FE2 - Alm. Singlehandedly beats his dad in basketball, then goes and kills a Divine Dragon.

FE13 - Hard to say outside of Robin or Grima, who break the "No magical help" thing. Walhart is definitely up there in terms of how the lore builds him. He's kind of a pansy from a gameplay perspective, though.

FE2 - His father let him kill him, though.

FE13 - Aside from them, Chrom, for reasons already statsed in other comments, and Lucina who seems to be around his level, the next one whould probably be Basilio, and we know what happened when he went against Walhart.