Another FEH channel on the 14th: Post Talk

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Wo Dao's fairly common at this point, isn't it? (Athena's even 4*).

So Wrath is the only real issue and I doubt they'd keep it Neph only for long. (Helps that Wrath being so limited means there's not many good places you can use it at the moment anyway, so you might as well meme-build with it.)

"Might as well meme-build with it" sounds like someone with much more resources than average.

Casual players and minnows are lucky to have even one copy of a 5-star exclusive character.

A character whose lowest rarity is 4-star is still harder to pull than a 5-star focus character. The only benefit of being a 4-star character is that the character stays in the summoning pool at that rarity in every banner instead of rotating out so you have more chances to pull the character at a trade off for having a lower rate.

On an unrelated note, I hope they'll let us start taking skills off of units soon (and maybe turn them into tokens or something to give to another unit, though that would need to be balanced against regular Skill Inheritance). It's starting to get to be a major pain to scroll through a million skills to change a unit's build on some of my units.

Or at the very least, let us set builds as favorites to quickly swap between them instead of having to find each skill. Would be nice for my armor team and Tiki since they run very different sets between their standard builds and their Arena scoring builds.

2 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

I'm just going to say this. The 8% focus unit banner should have 4 of each type (with Fake-Elsa Fjorm), but the Stream contradicted its self.

At https://youtu.be/RGFbiZ9Rl3g?t=12m38s  it shows Regular Ike: SYjDeKS.jpg

But at https://youtu.be/RGFbiZ9Rl3g?t=16m35s it shows Brave Ike: y744mdt.jpg

Just something weird. Regular Sword Ike should be one of the Focus units to give 3 of each type.

The focus unit is Regular Ike, the official FEH Nintendo channel adresses this in the description tile of the video. Brave Ike wont be in the Focus.

OMG I just noticed that Seigmund got a free upgrade to Hone ATK 3! Now I wish I could roll an Ephraim (one of my fave lords). I hope Eirika gets the same free upgrade.

Looks like rebalancing is happening even without refinery.

Edit:

By free upgrade, I mean default Seigmund without the refinery.

Edited by Clogon

Finally got around to watching it. My thoughts aren't really any different from anyone else's. I'm super hyped about all the changes. My shiny new Mia is ready for the Tempest. :3 It's kind of weird that the new paralogue calls these heroes "brave" heroes. Kind of makes Lyn, Roy, Ike, and Lucina seem less special now...especially since these guys weren't anywhere near the top. ...and then there's everyone else in-between. It's whatever. If I sweat the details over a mobile game, I'll be miserable.

But forging stronger weapons.... Merric is ready to murder. :3 And my super Lucius is prepared as well. Heck..I've even got a silly +7 Maria and a +4 Lachesis who might be put to good use. And of course Priscilla.

Today's a good day. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

"Might as well meme-build with it" sounds like someone with much more resources than average.

Casual players and minnows are lucky to have even one copy of a 5-star exclusive character.

A character whose lowest rarity is 4-star is still harder to pull than a 5-star focus character. The only benefit of being a 4-star character is that the character stays in the summoning pool at that rarity in every banner instead of rotating out so you have more chances to pull the character at a trade off for having a lower rate.

On an unrelated note, I hope they'll let us start taking skills off of units soon (and maybe turn them into tokens or something to give to another unit, though that would need to be balanced against regular Skill Inheritance). It's starting to get to be a major pain to scroll through a million skills to change a unit's build on some of my units.

Or at the very least, let us set builds as favorites to quickly swap between them instead of having to find each skill. Would be nice for my armor team and Tiki since they run very different sets between their standard builds and their Arena scoring builds.

Hmm... It's not necessarily more resources for me, I think, it's more that Wo Dao & Wrath aren't actually in high demand. (At least by my evaluation.)

Low supply meets a low demand, you know?

Yeah, Wo Dao's good, but it's not WTFBBQ amazing, so I don't even mind keeping Selena's Armor Slayer, for example. (Although that's an ironically good thing this season, since everyone and their grandmothers is running armor emblem.)

The advantage of a 4* rarity is that you'll be fine sacrificing bad IV'd 5*s since you can always pull one later (particularly since 4* odds and 3* got flipped), unless you really liked a character to begin with, and wanted to multi-merge.

Regarding the skill thing:

I'm better off than you in that department because I'm a bloody lazy ass. I always keep my unit's one arena build on them, and it never comes off. It means my defense teams are always optimized for offense, even though rallies, the occasional blank assist slot, and WoM are far better at nabbing wins.

(Still a bit cynically suspicious that they'll keep that slight annoyance to get people to build more than one of the same unit, in order to avoid that interface.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(particularly since 4* odds and 3* got flipped)

Even after the flip, a single 5-star focus character has about a 1.17× higher chance of being pulled than any single 4-star character. Better than before, but still not high enough to count on it.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even after the flip, a single 5-star focus character has about a 1.17× higher chance of being pulled than any single 4-star character. Better than before, but still not high enough to count on it.

I mean, spending like 20% more orbs to nab a particular 4* compared to a 5* focus isn't actually bad odds. That's what, you basically get a whole set of 4*s from a given color after 150-200 orbs? (On average, of course).

It's basically adding another focus unit to the banner, it feels like.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, spending like 20% more orbs to nab a particular 4* compared to a 5* focus isn't actually bad odds. That's what, you basically get a whole set of 4*s from a given color after 150-200 orbs? (On average, of course).

The problem is that that rate is still pretty damned abysmal for players that don't buy orbs and therefore don't have 150-200 orbs to spare on a single banner.

GIven the rate that free orbs are given out, we're looking at fewer than 2 copies of a 4-star character per month if the player only ever pulls one color ever. If the player evenly spreads their orbs out across three colors, that's close to 1 copy of a 4-star character every 2 months.

The problem is that that rate is still pretty damned abysmal for players that don't buy orbs and therefore don't have 150-200 orbs to spare on a single banner.

GIven the rate that free orbs are given out, we're looking at fewer than 2 copies of a 4-star character per month if the player only ever pulls one color ever. If the player evenly spreads their orbs out across three colors, that's close to 1 copy of a 4-star character every 2 months.

I mean, even at 1 copy every 3 months that's not much of an issue, unless all the skills you wanted to fodder happened to belong on the same unit. Since you'd get 1 copy of basically all 4*s over 3 months or so, meaning you'd have Athena and a hypothetical 4* Wrath carrier after 3 months.

Since neither Wo Dao+ nor Wrath are all that in demand, you'd naturally accrue extras. (At least, I honestly can't think of any build that could run Wo Dao/Wrath and be more desirable than the typical mounted mage, dancer, or bonus unit.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, even at 1 copy every 3 months that's not much of an issue, unless all the skills you wanted to fodder happened to belong on the same unit. Since you'd get 1 copy of basically all 4*s over 3 months or so, meaning you'd have Athena and a hypothetical 4* Wrath carrier after 3 months.

Dude. This game has been out for all of 9 months. Four-star Wo Dao has been out for all of 4 and a half months. Four-star Wrath has been out for some negative number of months. Three months is a fucking long time considering the pacing of new content and shifts in the meta (Brave Lyn has existed for only 2 months, Deflect skills have existed for only 1 month).

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(At least, I honestly can't think of any build that could run Wo Dao/Wrath and be more desirable than the typical mounted mage, dancer, or bonus unit.)

This thing called Arena Assault exists. Player favorites also exist.

Not everyone is a robot that only sees units for their gameplay value.

Ok so all of the attacking staves and healing skills are getting major buffs. Slow and Fear get Smoke effects added on. Could Pain get a Savage blow effect? Could Gravity and Panic also get a 2-tile splash effect as well?? And what about Candlelight? Could you imagine making all foes within 2-tiles of the target being unable to counter attack?? These are legit good.

And Absorb could be getting a base might increase and/or restore 100% of the damage given.

Physic+ is actually super good now. Like better than Rehabilitate. How the hell can Rehabilitate+ even get better than it already is?

I am seriously excited to be able to use my decked out Elise more. I might finally give her Close Counter.

Personally, I use the AoE skills a lot because Aether and Galeforce are expensive so I really like the reduced cooldown. Also the AoE skills are great in the multi-map modes.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Physic+ is actually super good now. Like better than Rehabilitate. How the hell can Rehabilitate+ even get better than it already is?

Guaranteed full heal no matter what? Regular Rehabilitate sort of scales.

12 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ok so all of the attacking staves and healing skills are getting major buffs. Slow and Fear get Smoke effects added on. Could Pain get a Savage blow effect? Could Gravity and Panic also get a 2-tile splash effect as well?? And what about Candlelight? Could you imagine making all foes within 2-tiles of the target being unable to counter attack?? These are legit good.

And Absorb could be getting a base might increase and/or restore 100% of the damage given.

I am seriously excited to be able to use my decked out Elise more. I might finally give her Close Counter.

Personally, I use the AoE skills a lot because Aether and Galeforce are expensive so I really like the reduced cooldown. Also the AoE skills are great in the multi-map modes.

Splash Gravity might be busted especially if enemies use that against you in GHBs or something.

maybe it would be like Freeze- you can't move at all and only the single target

i mean still a bit busted but at least not the whole area busted.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Guaranteed full heal no matter what? Regular Rehabilitate sort of scales.

I'm thinking that the minimum it heals will just be increased to like 15 or something.

My Elise is going to be rocking an Atk stat of 50+ with the new weapons. That's 25 Hp at 2-range with the Physic+.

No matter how it all goes, healers have definitely gotten the major buffs that they so desperately needed. I just regret being so quick to always send home the duplicates I would get.

This thing called Arena Assault exists. Player favorites also exist.

Not everyone is a robot that only sees units for their gameplay value.

I mean, isn't the whole point of a meme Wo Dao+ & Wrath combo to play favorites? (I'm definitely not going to put it on a unit I dislike.)

That said, I'm much more likely to run my 5th brave bow user in Arena Assault than, say, generic Neph, even if I liked her. (Although that might be the robot kicking in.) The problem with being a melee infantry/armor is that there isn't just one or two units better than you, it's that there're basically entire unit types that are better. Just in archers alone we have Takumi, Klein, Jeorge, B!Cordelia, B!Lyn, Innes, Leon, who can all run a Brave Bow build (or B!Lyn with her regular set) at acceptable levels. And that's ignoring all the horse mages, and all the flier mages, and all the other mages.

And then, finally, she gets to compete with the rest of the melee units, some of whom, like Camus, are just as min-maxed spreadwise while riding a beauuuuuuuuutiful pony.

(Infantry lives matter!)

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dude. This game has been out for all of 9 months. Four-star Wo Dao has been out for all of 4 and a half months. Four-star Wrath has been out for some negative number of months. Three months is a fucking long time considering the pacing of new content and shifts in the meta (Brave Lyn has existed for only 2 months, Deflect skills have existed for only 1 month).

*Shrugg.* The point is that you can reasonably expect to replace your 'Wrath' availability after 3 months, even after spending a 5* Neph or whatever. (A 3 months that's shortened if you pull on a focus banner for wrath, of course.)

Not spending resources you currently have is identical to not having them. And, if some really deranged, really insane metashift comes out that has wrath as a critical component...

You can either:

A, bite the bullet and re-inherit wrath to the new meta unit

or B, not give a damn because you'd rather keep meming

(Hell, you can even hedge against this possbility by only giving your 'meme unit' normal Wo Dao, lul---not that I would, any unit worth meming for is worth giving the best to.)

Morning everyone, guess it's that time again.

Spoiler

Starting off, we get the new heroes. Least Joshua's a freely available unit, but of the others on the banner Dorcas still feels weird because he's mainly there because memes. Lute's also here (Get the airhorns and swed jokes out!), so that's neat. Oh, and Mia's an unknown to me.

I thought they might change the staff formula, but I guess not. New weapons and staves mean that at least 5* means something now. Also, Sol finally gets buffed and I don't have to feel as bad for keeping it on Alfonse. Barracks boost is nice and the stamina cap's just a nice addition.

Forging's in the game after all: And it's surprisingly simpler than I had thought it'd be, but the combinations mean that there could be a surprising depth to it. More items kind of sucks, but we'll see how generous and even they are about it. The regular weapons can get a nice boost (Also note Thoron+ is listed) and some legendary weapons too (Though when Seiglinde?). Weapon evolution is a particularly nice thing to see, though Seliph getting Divine Tyrfing might not change much.

So a bunch of units (some of whom are out of season including Spring Xander. Why would I want that?) are in this neat banner with only focus 5* units as 5* units and hero fest rates. I'm pulling Red and Colourless anyway, likely to pull Green as well. Blue.... Just, why Spring Xander? Mystery unit is also an odd one.

So we've got Book 2 coming. Why? Book 1 is on a cliffhanger dangit! CAN WE JUST FINISH THE- alright let's comment on what we've seen. So, it appears Queen Elsa ran away to Askr, built an ice palace and is now facing the Fire Nation, who Veronica joined for some reason. Anna doesn't show up for some reason to the party, but the Askran royals get into a fight with the two new women, Kiran fights Veronica (pfft) and we get to see a huge fireball and ice pillars fight before the end. All kidding aside, I expect the it's still Askr and Embla. Where's Bruno then?

Also, we get Ice Queen for free. But is she summonable? I'm really not sure.

Looking at the new heroes, Lute seems alright, but I'm not going to rush this banner for her unless her stats say otherwise, Mia's got dancing blade and that's all it seems to me and Dorcas.... Did they really have to give 5 skills to memes? The guy's insane!

Also, no units getting dropped from 5* yet. :(

TLDR: WHAT HAPPENED TO DORCAS?

Overall, I was very pleased with the Feh Channel.  Looking forward to all these changes!

Things I'm hoping for in the future that they didn't mention:

-An overhaul of the summoning pool.

-A way to add merges or boost the Askr trio.  

I wonder how long the 8% Legendary Hero summoning event will last?  Hopefully it's more than a week.  :]  I was hoping to avoid spending money on the game in December, but this is too tempting!  I'll need to start saving up orbs again to prepare for it.  I guess I'll have to give up on the Farfetched Heroes banner once my pity rate is broken.  Hopefully it's Mia or Lute who does it!  I would like a 40% Tempest Trials character.

4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

The power of memes is scary

I'm very curious to see how well receive Alfonse with upcoming CYL event.

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the news (despite not having played for some time due to both priorities, having to start over and losing my old phone that had said data). Though not to rain on the hype, there was one thing that bothered me upon realization after seeing book two.

The cinematic looks hype as hell, but one pervasive trend that I often see in media (particularly in video games and animated shows) is this apparent thing where dark skin = villain. Not to say that  ALL of them are as there are some notable exceptions, but there's a large majority of this in the minority, and after seeing it many times, becomes annoying that most of the time, the only time you see a dark skin character that actually looks and/or is interesting, with actual importance (basically, the characters you're "supposed" to like) that DOESN'T rely on stereotypes.... is as a villain. Kingdom Hearts has Xehanort. Zelda has Ganondorf and Demise.  FE is no exception to this with Gharnef, Medeus, Nuibaba, Duma (its harder to make out exactly, but his portrait makes him look noticeably darker than his sister Mila) Gangrel, Aversa, Validar, Garon (that neither of their children seem to inherit at all) and then Bruno. Don't even get me started on bandits/pirates

That Heroes is apparently going that route with this fire kingdom is just... distasteful. 

But hey, on the bright side, with the chance to upgrade weaponry, now folks that I like who arent the best unit wise may actually have a chance. "If you do not fear Michalis now..... you will soon"

I believe this is the trope you're looking for.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HadesShaded

But it's not as you making it out to be. It's not like Archer is one of the most evil characters in the Fate Series. Not to mention Bruno isn't actually evil, but chances are the dude was probably not tan back in his not-crazed days.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fire Emblem Heroes is slowly turning into Donkey Kong 64. I can't wait until the next Askr unit is unlocked by taking pictures of random Fehs scattered across the maps.

I have no idea what that supposed. Especially since I like DK 64.

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

TLDR: WHAT HAPPENED TO DORCAS?

Apparently he's got buffs.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I have no idea what that supposed. Especially since I like DK 64.

We're getting at least three new forms of collectibles for use in weapon forging, and we already have things like Sacred Coins, Badges, Orbs, and so on. It's just a little joke, since Donkey Kong 64 has a lot of collectibles as well, and it's been on my mind lately since I just recently replayed it :P It's a fun game, I grew up with it and still love it, but I like to poke fun at all the collectibles it has, like the Banana Fairies for example.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

We're getting at least three new forms of collectibles for use in weapon forging, and we already have things like Sacred Coins, Badges, Orbs, and so on. It's just a little joke, since Donkey Kong 64 has a lot of collectibles as well, and it's been on my mind lately since I just recently replayed it :P It's a fun game, I grew up with it and still love it, but I like to poke fun at all the collectibles it has, like the Banana Fairies for example.

Gah, this is what I get for liking a game so casually I forget the mechanic of the game.

Not really feeling the banner.  8% sounds amazing, but it's really the same as 4%/4% in terms of summoning rate.  Sure, fewer pity breakers is great and all, but with how strong units are starting out nowadays I feel a better use of my orbs will be to save for Christmas/New Years/Valentines/1-year Anniversary.  Like, a Spring Camilla would be great to have an actual flying mage, and getting spooked by Hector would be fine, but Deidre is there too and they each have low chances of appearing anyway due to the number of units.

We'll see though.  Might end up deciding based on whether or not Ereshkigal is released in FGO for Christmas.

Edited by GinRei

I am confused in the video only a select handfull of legendary weapons were shown for upgrade. I do get why Dire Thunder Urvan etc dont get upgrades.

But even the Askr Trio Weapons were excluded and they dont have that overwhelming effects?!