Persona 5 Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

5 hours ago, kirsche said:

Pretty sure he was sheeping me both times except for the wrong reasons.

So in other words, I voted for the same people you voted for, but with my own reasons? Is that still technically sheeping? The BBM vote had nothing to do with what you said, I thought his voting patterns were fine but I thought he was under-contributing. Heck, I don't even remember why you voted BBM in the first place. I voted Prims because I disliked how he wanted to hammer Ken, as if he didn't like the other cases being made at the time. 

@BBM: Let me put it this way. Right now I'm about 70% sure that Kirsche is scum. That other 30% bothers me, but he's still more suspicious than anybody else here. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I read the previous post @kirsche

scum!BBM defending Prims for towncred is dumb because he could have just avoided the thread at that time or not even make any comment on Prims or even be passive about the Prims turbo while pushing the Ken lynch, he doesn't need to be vocal about how he thinks Prims might be town here. That's just destroying a good opportunity of getting rid of a good player.

My honest thought is that kirsche might be town because mafia making the play of starting an OMGUS counterwagon on someone universally townread would be bad but he still needs to claim anyway, too much noise on the slot for today.

I was hoping Refa would respond to your post but I don't really like basing scumreads purely off interactions, and beyond paranoia I don't have an actual problem with his play. I'm a bit frustrated that he hasn't posted much this phase but I can't really see myself voting for Refa without him being in a 1v1 situation with me/you/Via.

actually I have a few questions for sully

do you have any examples of interactions between refa and I that would suggest a scumteam between us? it was weird you just kinda threw that out there as a possibility but never really followed up on it, and now you're voting kirsche.

I would vote Refa here since his play can be summed up as tunneling on a player until they get lynched, but the rest of my null reads and lower are playing a lot worse than him.

ok so might as well out this because it doesn't really have any role impact- Via, Refa, Michelaar, and I have been in a neighbourhood QT since the start of N1. Mich/Elie haven't really posted anything in it, but the rest of us have been discussing the game a lot in there (I think we're up to almost 250 posts), and it's mostly all content, not spam. Like Paper said it's a lot harder to fake content and a town perspective when you're talking non-stop so Refa would have to be moling next-level if he's scum.

28 minutes ago, Quote said:

actually I have a few questions for sully

do you have any examples of interactions between refa and I that would suggest a scumteam between us? it was weird you just kinda threw that out there as a possibility but never really followed up on it, and now you're voting kirsche.

I didn't see much (like I said, paranoia) but the thing that I noticed most was the way you agreed. You never really argued much, you just corrected each other's opinions. I saw a lot of situations where Refa would say "via, what do you think of such-and-such" and you would reply with your opinion and then he'd be like "that's what I thought". 

It made it look like you were validating each other by agreeing with each other. So that someone could say, "well, I don't think via is scum because he and Refa are on the same page" or something like that. 

I put the possibility of Refa being scum at about 5%. You're just a little bit higher than that. When I made that read, I didn't really think there was anything there, but since the two of you were the strongest townreads, I wanted to put the idea out there and see if anybody else thought there was anything suspicious about you. 

15 minutes ago, BBM said:

ok so might as well out this because it doesn't really have any role impact- Via, Refa, Michelaar, and I have been in a neighbourhood QT since the start of N1. Mich/Elie haven't really posted anything in it, but the rest of us have been discussing the game a lot in there (I think we're up to almost 250 posts), and it's mostly all content, not spam. Like Paper said it's a lot harder to fake content and a town perspective when you're talking non-stop so Refa would have to be moling next-level if he's scum.

Is neighborhood QT a mafia thing or a city-slicker thing I don't know about yet? I thought this game didn't allow talking about it outside the thread.

neighbours/a neighbourhood are people who have the ability to talk to each other outside of thread in an NOC game, but don't know each others' alignments (compared to masons, who in addition to being able to speak outside of the thread are confirmed town to each other)

and QT stands for Quicktopic, which is a site we use in mafia to facilitate outside-of-game communication for those who have it (scum, neighbours, masons, etc).

Do we really only have 24 hours left? Lame. I'm VT.

So in other words, I voted for the same people you voted for, but with my own reasons? Is that still technically sheeping?

You and BBM made similar points but it all depends on the wording. For example I'm pretty sure you agreed with someone about someone's timing of his vote being weird or something when they never said that. The "agreed with someone" part is the sheeping part. You kinda just like, make a vote on someone that has public opinion shifting against them, said that you agree with X because of reason Y, where Y may or may not be true at all, as if it justifies your vote and then you keep writing about reason Y. It's very weird and I don't really know how to describe it aside from "sheeping for the wrong reasons". At least that's my impressions of your votes and why I call them opportunistic.

@BBM: I'm not suspicious of Sully hopping votes I'm suspicious of who they're hopping on and for what reasons.

What parts of your case have I not rebutted? You seem to think I'm scum because my case on you is bad (not scummy or true), My Sully case was weird because I spent half of it defending Sully or some shit (not true at all) and the logic used wasn't good enough to form a case (disagree), my Shinori interactions were scummy even though I'm just playing to my town meta (???????????????), my thought processes regarding whether or not vote hopping is scummy or not and why (which I've explained so much I'm done talking about it after this post.), and me not existing for D1 and the first bit of D2 (too busy to play).

Your point about you having all night phase to recover is fair and it makes more sense if you could talk to Refa, Via and co that you would come back stronger.

Together these quotes imply he was thinking Prims posts in the thread during Reins game were good on their own, but I'm pretty that's just not the case. Like, please tell me what Prims posted in the thread that wasn't:

I meant that I would have likely lynched Snike not necessarily interacted with Prims in the same way. Iunno it made sense in my head but it wasn't a great argument. To me, there was a disconnect in Prims in Rein's game and what Prims wanted to do, and Prims in this game and I thought at the time that it was unoikely to be such a massive shift. I have already explained what the shift was so you can comment on that if you wish. I mean clearly the reasoning was bad in the end but hindsight is 20/20.

The way I asked people to clarify what they mean and the way BBM asked me to reread Sully is completely different though? BBM was saying that my Sully case was so empty that I needed to reread (no there is no implication that he wanted examples of Sully being opportunistic). I wasn't sure Sully was being coached, explained why, but asked the people I knew that argued this for their perspective to see if they are wrong. Also the circumstances are completely different: I'm not subtlety undermining their case while trying to paint them scummy. I have always thought Refa was town for instance.

The end of your post almost makes it sound like you want to vote for me over Sully all of a sudden which is incredibly opportunistic. That would throw a spanner in the works because I'm not sure scum!you would blindly hop onto your buddies D3 wagon then swap to me for such contrived reasoning? Maybe you're just town making a bad case iunno.

2 hours ago, BBM said:

I was hoping Refa would respond to your post but I don't really like basing scumreads purely off interactions, and beyond paranoia I don't have an actual problem with his play. I'm a bit frustrated that he hasn't posted much this phase but I can't really see myself voting for Refa without him being in a 1v1 situation with me/you/Via.

What post do I need to respond too?

sorry for not responding earlier kirsche give me like AN HOUR i made like half of the response already but then mafia tilted me and i didn't want to post

2 hours ago, BBM said:

GOOD JOB RUINING IT

But yeah this is true.

@Sully, since you stopped reading my paragraph asking you to explain why I was desperate scum so you can defend yourself from accusations made against you that didn't exist, can you explain:

-What things I'm stating wrong are actually right and I'm just claiming they're wrong out of desperation.

-The actual flaws in my BBM case logic. <- dodging this was really bad

-The actual flaws in my logic against you and why it is likely to come from scum.

-What changed from the start of D2 when you were townreading me for reasons that weren't related to Baldrick. Do you think the way I've constructed cases has changed significantly?

@Marth: I guess but it makes scum!BBM look good by arguing against the turbo and the Prims case (especially after Prims dies and flips likely town)? I don't really remember him being all that active about his defence, just a couple of posts here and there? Maybe you're right and I'm just frustrated and OMGUSing iunno. Between being accused of faking inactivity when I was genuinely busy, being misread or just outright misrepped by him, and SF eating my posts discussing in detail why I didn't like BBM's reasoning against me I am pretty fucking sick of this argument.

Elieson has fucking disappeared off the earth. Even Mich was posting more content than this.

@Refa: In one hour it's going to be 6AM and I'm not staying up that late for this.