Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

on a related note: 4*+6 +ATK Freddy arrived to S Summoner support, that's 53 ATK and 42 DEF (TT boost inclusive). ATK Seal gives him another boost to 55 ATK, he doesn't even need Hone Cav. Definitely worth the investment. 

Hide contents

ip9cGG4.jpg

aVkd5J8.jpg

Plus random healer (first Elise, Priscilla, currently BB!Lyn, then Genny). 

Ooh, nice job. ^^ Are you going to 5 star him and give him a few 5 star merges someday like I did for mine? It takes investment, but the result is awesome and worth it imo.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the obvious rewards one of the things I like about TT's are the bonus unit stats boosts. My +Atk-Res Nowi is destroying everything in her path and the girl isn't even fully built yet.

Edited by Hekselka

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ooh, nice job. ^^ Are you going to 5 star him and give him a few 5 star merges someday like I did for mine? It takes investment, but the result is awesome and worth it imo.

Nope, 4*+10 will be his Maximum, which is more or less like a 5*+5. I'm not much into merging, I only do it occasionally with my Arena core (BH!Roy, Cherche (will be replaced by Nino in the future) and Cordelia) and pity breaker units without good skills (like Ephraim) get merges. 

By the way: Glacies on WE!Tharja is great in TTs, everybody who doubles her runs into a guaranteed death. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nope, 4*+10 will be his Maximum, which is more or less like a 5*+5. I'm not much into merging, I only do it occasionally with my Arena core (BH!Roy, Cherche (will be replaced by Nino in the future) and Cordelia) and pity breaker units without good skills (like Ephraim) get merges. 

By the way: Glacies on WE!Tharja is great in TTs, everybody who doubles her runs into a guaranteed death. 

Ah, well, your choice then. :P I'm fairly soon going to have a 5 star lv. 40+5 Freddy though...

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, well, your choice then. :P I'm fairly soon going to have a 5 star lv. 40+5 Freddy though...

Congratulations! I can't keep my feathers together to concentrate on merging. My highest priority merging project Cordelia is currently only at +2. Too bad she is also the best source for Galeforce. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! I can't keep my feathers together to concentrate on merging. My highest priority merging project Cordelia is currently only at +2. Too bad she is also the best source for Galeforce. 

Heh, that wouldn't have mattered to me. Thankfully, Frederick isn't the best fodder for anything but Luna, and I'm fine with just dumping Catrias for that. I don't like her.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, that wouldn't have mattered to me. Thankfully, Frederick isn't the best fodder for anything but Luna, and I'm fine with just dumping Catrias for that. I don't like her.

Well, one Cordelia went to Elincia, one to Cherche and now that Heavy Blade is a Seal, I'll also give one to Minerva (+SPD/-RES with + SPD refinement). Galeforce is too much fun. 

Fun > Merges. 

That could have been a +5 Cordelia, but well, I'd need much higher merges to stay in tier 20 once. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, one Cordelia went to Elincia, one to Cherche and now that Heavy Blade is a Seal, I'll also give one to Minerva (+SPD/-RES with + SPD refinement). Galeforce is too much fun. 

Fun > Merges. 

That could have been a +5 Cordelia, but well, I'd need much higher merges to stay in tier 20 once. 

Yeah, that all could be fun, I will admit. lol

I've only pulled Cordelia twice though, and I've never pulled regular Lyn or CYL Roy.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that all could be fun, I will admit. lol

I've only pulled Cordelia twice though, and I've never pulled regular Lyn or CYL Roy.

Regular Lyn evaded me so far, but Galeforce is better on horses and fliers anyway. On tomorrows banner I'll pull for some BH!Roy-merges. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Regular Lyn evaded me so far, but Galeforce is better on horses and fliers anyway. On tomorrows banner I'll pull for some BH!Roy-merges. 

I see. Good luck.

Getting into a groove with the team of Gunter (just a hone cav bot), Reinhardt, Masked Marth, and any dancer yet to have maxed their HM. Uber Masked Marth is of course a healer, but I'm claiming as much SP as I can for more skills. And Reinhardt just helps me keep my speed score up as he snipes tough targets. For non-bonus runs, I switch out the team for units that need SP or HM. Still a bummer to lack a 40% unit, but it would really be a 35% as I field them, then surrender for my real team. I don't want armor units slowing me down, and I would only be using them long enough to collect excess SP.

Hoping I can collect all the rewards from this TT. But I'm way behind on quests and special maps and will definitely need to chug some stamina pots just to catch up before they go away.

I’m getting bored of this TT. Although I have 2 40% bonus units (using C!Robin in my team atm) I’m considering taking him out. I’m not sure if the 40% instead of 20% worth it when your speed score decrease and sometimes your team can’t clear Lunatic 5 without needing a second team :/

It’s not like if using 20% units were a problem, I collected all the rewards in previous TT without having a 40% unit so...let’s see

Also, I’m not sure if they could put worse maps for Armor Emblem xd

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't Frederick drop Wings of Mercy?

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’m getting bored of this TT. Although I have 2 40% bonus units (using C!Robin in my team atm) I’m considering taking him out. I’m not sure if the 40% instead of 20% worth it when your speed score decrease and sometimes your team can’t clear Lunatic 5 without needing a second team :/

It’s not like if using 20% units were a problem, I collected all the rewards in previous TT without having a 40% unit so...let’s see

Also, I’m not sure if they could put worse maps for Armor Emblem xd

A flier with the guidance seal eases a little bit of the armor slog. But it takes up another unit slot, you need at least one decent flier who can match up with whichever armor you might've been lucky enough to pull, ect ect.

But yeah, the Easter box in particular has been frustrating to see, along with a couple others. 

25 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Doesn't Frederick drop Wings of Mercy?

Yes, but he only gives WoM2 at 4 star. If you want 3 without spending many feathers, you'd have to use 4 star Cain.

I have yet to get anything but an A in speed and I am using C!Robin and C!Chrom.  I guess this TT is for the armor emblem people and the people who don't normally use armor emblem except for the monthly quests are having a hard time.  Of course armor march is a big help, I gave up using horse emblem all the time once I pulled two units with armor march.  My armor team is so much fun and I finally have 4 armors whose designs I like, even though Effie and Amelia are both solid units and were very good on my armor emblem team I never have like their art so the Christmas boys have taken their places.

I'm running Alfonse, Klein, Reinhardt, and WChrom and am barely having any trouble with speed. The only times I've gotten a bad rank in speed is when I autobattle and WChrom and Alfonse decide to not get into enemy range for 30 to 70 turns (which is when I notice what they are doing) because Alfonse wants to try on the spare Christmas outfit Chrom has stashed in his sack somewhere (my personal headcanon for these situations). Seriously it is only those two and I never understand why because it always seems to happen when they are faced with enemies that they can both tank if they just go in opposite directions, but Alfonse doesn't want to tank and instead drags WChrom back.

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Unmotivated at the moment. The whole TT bores me and the MM prize is not worth the effort. I’d rather have someone like Vaike with a Guard Axe as the reward. Why a repeat, IS? 

However... I’ve been using the Camilla map to level up C!Tharja a bit. C!Chrom already has DC inherited but he’ll need to level up a lot to actually learn it and I’m nearly out of Great Blue Badges to promote either Berkut or Catria to 5* to give their weapons to him. I used most of them to get that Distant Defense seal to 3. 

True, I guess if orbs aren't as much of a concern, the trials have very little in the way of incentive past 40,000.

I'll say one thing for damned sure: This TT has made me appreciate Pivot like I never thought I would. Makes positioning Chromsmas actually quite a breeze to the point where I'm considering giving some of my armors it since I only have H!Henry for Armor March.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Lost h!Jakob on like map 3, lost c!Tharja on map 6, and still managed to pull through with an A/A ranking with just c!Robin and p!Inigo taking on the final map themselves. Who says armors have a hard time clearing these maps fast.

I started feeling increasingly sick and tired today so I ended up zoning out watching documentaries for most of the day while running auto-battle on 5 hard. And well. I’m honestly a bit ashamed. 

image.png

Armor Emblem did way better than I thought they would even with Arden throwing himself at every blue mage first chance he got. 

I’m putting that Heavy Blade seal to good use already though I’m happy to say.

Spoiler

image.png

Now I think I can take my time getting the rest of the orbs and such. 

I'm only at 21k. I think I'll play it safe using only 1 stamina pot per day to keep 10k a day until I get the Heavy Blade seal, then I'll go ham for 1 day to get every reward in order to be ready for the New Years Banner.